iphone or Android HELP

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm going to do some searching. What the hell do they sell?? I've seen the stuffed animals...but this is too funny. :lol::lol:

stuffed birds/pigs and tshirts from memory....

next time i go their for lunch, i'll see if i can get a pic of the merchandise.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    it apppears Siri is pro life. :lol:
    When asked where to go for an abortion, Siri has been directing iPhoners to far-away, pro-life clinics. Does that make Apple's robot stupid, ill-informed or biased? For example, some are arguing she is pro-life because when asked where to get an abortion in the Washington, D.C. area, Siri directs the iPhone user to a pro-life family planning facility 26 miles away, rather than closer abortion clinics within the city. But maybe she isn't that accurate, or is getting confused by muddled Google search results. It turns out she doesn't know a lot of things. But, the abortion example is unique. Siri generally finds the closest most relevant searches and when she doesn't know an answer, she either fesses up or sends the user to Google. That's not how this abortion filter is working.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    angry%2Bbirds%2Bplushies.jpg

500x_angry-birds-cake.jpg

1299826385.jpg

Angry-Birds-Ideas-For-Home-Accessories-2.jpg

angry-birds-halloween-costume.jpg

angry-birds-costume-4-500x343.jpg

Angry-Birds_2.jpg

FUCK, why am I still here?!?! I blame you, DS :mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    no wonder 81 doesn't like Siri...

tumblr_lug91l7xyJ1r4eoiuo1_250.png
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    81 wrote:
    how unbiased was that

Very nice, 81 ;)
    RKCNDY wrote:
    no wonder 81 doesn't like Siri...

tumblr_lug91l7xyJ1r4eoiuo1_250.png

android told me to buy some Nokia.....so i did. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    how unbiased was that

Very nice, 81 ;)

i try. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Suziemay wrote:
    angry%2Bbirds%2Bplushies.jpg

500x_angry-birds-cake.jpg

1299826385.jpg

Angry-Birds-Ideas-For-Home-Accessories-2.jpg

angry-birds-halloween-costume.jpg

angry-birds-costume-4-500x343.jpg

Angry-Birds_2.jpg

FUCK, why am I still here?!?! I blame you, DS :mrgreen:

I had no idea that game was that big.
    DS1119 wrote:

i think at one time they were talking movie or tv show or something...they are were/are really trying to grow it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

i think at one time they were talking movie or tv show or something...they are were/are really trying to grow it.

Well I guess PacMan became a franchsie so why not a game that's probably on every kid's device and a good majority of adults as well.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    iphone

But then again your hearing that from someone who has an ipad and a mac, and the last 2 generations of iphones. So im 100% biased.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    http://www.cultofmac.com/132461/steve-j ... verything/

if this is true - DEFINITELY GO iPHONE ... :shock:
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Can I shut off the intenet function on the iphone4? Even for periods that i know I will not need it, and then toggle it back on?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Can I shut off the intenet function on the iphone4? Even for periods that i know I will not need it, and then toggle it back on?

your data is connected to your cellular network ... unless you are pushing emails or getting some kind of update regularly - you aren't using it ... if you don't want anything pushed to your phone - just change your settings ...
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Great, because from what I have gathered from our local carrier, they are not fully '3g' yet and my co-workers that have their iphone say the internet functions are painfully SLOW. They very seldom use the function, yet pay for the service assuming the carrier is almost up to speed.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    polaris_x wrote:

your data is connected to your cellular network ... unless you are pushing emails or getting some kind of update regularly - you aren't using it ... if you don't want anything pushed to your phone - just change your settings ...

This.
    DS1119 wrote:
    This.

dude ... check out the article i posted in previous page ...
    polaris_x wrote:

interesting....

might be time to root
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

interesting....

might be time to root
    doesn't rooting void your warranty?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

polaris_x wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    This.

dude ... check out the article i posted in previous page ...

Read it. A little scary that all that personal info is sitting somewhere just waiting for the wrong hands to get into it.
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

interesting....

might be time to root

only if they know.

plus i'm out of warrenty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

interesting....

might be time to root

I know if you jailbreak an iPhone it voids the warranty so I would assume the same with Android. However you could usually just restore an iPhone to original settings if something happens and I would assume the Android is the same way so I think it's a non factor.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    polaris_x wrote:

wow. this is everything I hate... on a phone. I loathe government control. I dont need a phone logging in every little thing I do. Fuck that.

Call me a fanboy I dont care, but it said in the article, that steve jobs said "google phones log everything and iphones dont". well, he was right and thats the truth. Yet another thing he was right about.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

The iOS is alot less intrusive and actually when I went to the Apple store to have my phone updated the guy there set my phone to diagnostics off for me. He pretty much told me the reason to turn that feature off was it really hurt battery performance. Personally I don't give a shit if someone reads my texts. I have nothing to hide...except that I love Mich Ultra and ketchup on my steak! :D
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:

If that's true it"s kind of disturbing.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    where is this diagnostics thing?
    polaris_x wrote:
    where is this diagnostics thing?

I'll fool around with my phone and see if I can find it. The guy turned mine off at the Apple Store so you could always go there. I believe it's default is off and a user has to "opt in" in order to actually have the feature on.

Edit:

Found this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4305

and this

http://www.tipb.com/2011/12/01/carrier- ... ht-mining/
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'll fool around with my phone and see if I can find it. The guy turned mine off at the Apple Store so you could always go there. I believe it's default is off and a user has to "opt in" in order to actually have the feature on.

Edit:

Found this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4305

and this

http://www.tipb.com/2011/12/01/carrier- ... ht-mining/

thanks ... ya ... it was set to "do not send" ...

it's under general --> about --> diagnostics in case any other iPhone users are still checking ...