Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 6/27/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    There was so much traffic just to get to CT. My friend and I got to the venue passed at 7pm. We parked closed to the high way and had to walk for a while until we got to the venue. The 10c line was ridicoulous long and so disorganized. My friend stayed in line for more than 30 minutes.

Our ride was waiting for his friend by the 10c line. He was also stuck in traffic. Later on we found out that his friend got there and that the line was even longer to pick up the tickets. That the security were being nasty to people...Over all it was hell. They missed a few songs from the PJ set b/c of how slow and disorganized it was. He told us that many of the fan club members were pissed.

For us we were lucky that we got there when the Ted leo and the Pharmacist were already playing, I think it was 8:20pm when we made it in. We were on the fourth row by Mike's side.

WEll on with the show...

The highlights for me:

Can't Keep - Great opener. I think the band felt the heat as soon as they took the stage.
    Breakerfall - was awesome. You started to feel the energy delivered by the band.
    All Night - at the MSG1 & MSG2 I wasn't really feeling it...I don't know if it was b/c there were back up singers or it just didn't do it for me. but when I heard it at Hartford (No back up singers)...It sounded so much better just like on Lost Dogs.
    Sad - I Love this song on the albume. I've seeing this song performed before and it was good but to me it needed some fixing in some parts... but when I heard it lastnight IMO this was for me the best version.
    Brain Of J - This was a Killer...This song made me go nuts...I started jumping and dancing...great energy from the crowd and the band...
    Immortality - Always nice to hear.

Blood (Atomic Dog) - what a great way to end blood.Eddie seemed to be having fun with the tag.
    Smile - No code for me is not one of my favorites but there are a few songs that I like and this one is definetetly one of them. It totally made my friend and I smile like the joker.lol
    Fuckin'up - Was nice to hear again. Seeing Eddie do his usual routine with the tambourines and dancing is always priceless.

There was a time where Eddie let his people know that it was so hot that he needed more air. So they brought another tube on stage. I guess this tube was throwing cool air at him. If it was hot and humid for the us the fans, it probably felt like a hot desert for the band. Being under the lights and to kill it off Eddie was wearing those white pants. They were soaking wet. I have a picture where you can see the sweat on the front of his pants, it looks funny because it looks like pee. lol He even fixed his pants. I believe the pants were so wet that they were sticking to his crotch. Funny scene.
    Eddie was spitting so much that at one point he spitted and didn't realized the camera man was there. Eddie seemed mbarrassed and embarrased. My friend and I don't know if Eddie's saliva landed on the guy. Crazy show...

I really like sitting by Mike's side...This man has an awesome presence on stage. He gets the crowd pumping. He interacts with the crowd so much that its always a pleasure to share that moment. This was Mike's night.He was going crazy.He played the guitar behind his head, He was jumping around and jaming with Jeff and Stone.
    Thanks Mike for a great night. :)

Jeff had his moments too. During smile he changed spots with stone. He stood by where stone normally stands. He was also great to see. He seemed pleased to see that the crowd was hyped despite the humidity.

Stone was enjoying it too. Eddie wasn't the only one drinking that night. Stone was drinking beer. He was coming to our side to play along with jeff and Mike. It was great to see him enjoy the crowd as well despite the heat.

Matt,Boom,Jeff,Stone,Mike and Eddie.... Thanks for a memorable night!

I will definetely get this cd. Until next tour.....
  • Options
    VedurenVeduren Posts: 8
    amazing setlist. couldn't have been happier.

the only complaint was leaving the venue. the venue and police could've saved a TON of headache if they had just opened the concrete stairs leading up to the road. instead the fence goes down and the pepper spray comes out. saw one douchebag cop pepper spraying people as they were passing him, some of them didn't even realize until we told them. just a shitty shitty scene on the way out and left a bad taste. i don't think i'd ever go back to that venue unless i strike out on tix for an act in NY or Boston.
  • Options
    I have been a fan from the early beginnings.......I have not seen the band play since Lollapalooza (Stanhope, NJ) in 1992.....a whopping 8 song set! So this was a new experience for me. I didn't work on Friday, picked my wife up at 11am and left north Jersey. Stopped for Lunch near Danbury and got to Hartford around 2pm. The front desk at the Marriott Residence in didn't have our room ready and I was worried things were starting off on the wrong foot cause we wanted to make it to the fan club pre-party starting at 2pm. We sat right next the desk so they would'nt forget us, and they had our room ready within 10min. Got changed and walked a 1/2 block to the pre-party at Sweet Jane's to find that we were actually early! Had some beers an app. and shared a sandwich..party got going around 4pm. great shirts (got an EV red guitar pic shirt, and 2 PJ key chains for my wife and daughter that looked homeade, but were really cool! They had a screen set up and they were playing PJ DVD's which was awesome! Didn't win the raffles (bad #
    s), but there were cool items. Met some cool people (PJ has the best fans!): Jeff & Jim from Boston, JenetteLuv........Saw foxymop, Flagg, and Demetrios, who all looked busy, but I know to be regulars to the board...signed the guestbook, etc. Party got pretty crowded by 6:00.

bought shuttle tix from the pre-party $16 for two round trip tix which sounded good, til' we found-out it only took us bout' half way and cut through an industrial dirt lot and over some train tracks to get there (his bus...your trust....there goes another turned into crust.. Ha Ha) walked 1/2-3/4 of a mile to the venue.

Picked up the 10C tix around 7pm and waited less than 10 min. (So the tailgaters must have waited til' last min. - kinda their faults, eh?) disappointed to see we didn't hit the lottery and were in sec 500 row AAA.

Beers were $8 a pop (that insane!!) went in around 8:15 to see how shitty the seats were, Ted Leo had just started...Seats were far back....however we were first row in the section had a railing in front of us, were standing on and 18" curb and had a wide isle in front of us...the view was almost center....UnObstructed!!!!!!! but need binoculars (should have brought them!)

The show: PJ came on around 9:20-9:25 hard and heavy with Can't keep, Breakerfall, last exit, gods dice....the sound seemed a little blairing and hard to hear through the first four songs, but seemed to adjust out by elderly woman! The rest of the main set was sick!!!! Gone and Porch were highlights for me!

The two encore's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Comatose/Leash/Blood????? Hey Now!!!!

The crowed rocked and was rocked...I don't think we would have left if eddie didn't say goodnight before YLeadbetter.....We were left tired, sweat soaked, and sore, I thought I was going to lose my voice, but didn't. had a couple of rude people (probably from the lawn) push their way into our section....did you pay for part of my tix...I don't think so....so get outta my seats assholes!!

Leaving was a little tough, big crowd, got there after the fence was already down...saw a drunk guy get hit by a car and walked the whole 1 1/2 mile back to the hotel....fuck the shuttle....it was gonna sit in traffic anyway! ate a pizza at 2am and crashed...memorable night...next time around I will beg/borrow/steal to get Camden and MSG tix and keep it closer to Jersey! The band didn't let us down and I think my wife is an even bigger fan now!!

Sorry for the Book, that just my take on the whole event!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    drsluggo wrote:
    Did anyone see the actual setlist? I could see them cross off smoething and write sometihng else on all of the setlists after they were taped down, but I couldnt see (obviously) and didnt see one after the show. Just curious of course ;)

thanks
    They crossed off "Dirty Frank" and replaced it with "Elederly Woman", then they crossed off "Brother" and replaced it with "Daughter" (keeping it in the family).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Poncier wrote:
    They crossed off "Dirty Frank" and replaced it with "Elederly Woman", then they crossed off "Brother" and replaced it with "Daughter" (keeping it in the family).
    Hey Ponc...I didn't carry my Fendi, that must be why we didn't catch each other.
    :p
    How awesome was that show????
    I still can't get over it.
    It was like the setlist of my dreams.
    I hope you had a great time!
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    Ok, I think im finnaly recovered after sitting at home all day yesterday.
    Absaloutly amazing PJ show. Def in my top three. This was my first and only on this tour, but if the other shows have been on par then these guys are really going nuts.

I think hartford was as much about song placement, (even flow in the encore for example) as it was about selection. It was great to see alot of things mixed up.
    Cant Keep opener set the stage i thought.
    Everything strated to rerally heat up with Brain of J. This whipped up the crowd nicely. The extended NFY, daughter and i think the best porch ive ever seen, capped the main set nicely, great guitar work from Mike. I mean he really wailed. I was alittle worried after the last time i saw them that maybe he was holding back, but hes in fine form now.
    Nice to see garden, which they NAILED, was pretty sure this was going to be a one of after msg.
    Liked the Betterman without the tag, (anyone else kinda bored with the SIFL thing). I think i liked it better with random tags, or just the extended jam at the end, ala late 90s.
    First time ive seen leash with the proper energy in years. i thought it sounded like it used to, not the more "watered" down version like on the last tour.

The whole second encore was great, especially to start with smile. DTE and Fuckin Up are just great live songs for these guys, and a very interesting way to go into YLB. Ive heard the Little Wing thing before but it was nice to walk out to. Anyine else think alot of tunes were extended a little more than usual?

We had no problem with cops/pepper spray etc, (we actually chatted with a couple of bike cops in the parking lot, they were cool, not there to break any heads). But the ticket debacle must have sucked. Thats why i dont bother with the 10c thing. This 10c thing is more difficult than Dead or Phish mail order ever was. And that shit was complicated.
    The glass out there was next level though, helped a few people change tires before we left. And whats up with all the NO2 out there? Is PJ tour really starting to bring that element, or has it been there for a while and i just havent noticed it? Because shit like that will bring cops down hard on this scene.

Amazing night all in all. I think i put this up there with State College on my list. Cant wait for a new album, and more imporatntly a new tour!
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Hartford was by far my favorite thus far. And yes, I was at Mansfield last night as well. They rocked the shit out of Hartford (or for those of us who are Letter R Challenged - Hahtfid), great set list and well...I don't know about anyone else but if I'm not a sweaty mess after a Pearl Jam show, I believe I haven't been rocked hard enough. So far, I've been to 19 (a casual fan compared to some) and the only one I wasn't a sweaty mess at was Hartford 06...and only because I had a 102 fever.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Poncier wrote:

Thats a joke, right?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    Thats a joke, right?

It has to be lol.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    That was the best PJ show I've ever seen. I still remember seeing them with Nirvana, and the Pumpkins back in 91-92 while in college. I kind of took an unexpected break from seeing them live, the whole wife and kids scenario, but I have been lucky to catch their last two Hartford shows. I have to say that this was the dream set list. I remember after the first four songs saying to my wife (no kids in attendance yet, they're only 4 and 6, maybe for the 2010 tour?), "Wow, they are already digging deep and bringing out their better songs." It was great to see Ed bring that little girl on stage, and not see security pitch a fit. By this time, my wife and I were going to pick up our poster, and I knew that the boys would be coming out for another encore. So we decided to stay and watch the projection on the side of the building; the sound was still solid outside the main part of the arena. When Eddie said, "this song was requested by someone over there," I was wondering/hoping that they would play "Smile"; sure enough, a bass and rhythm guitar were exchanged, and the song started. This song has been very special to me and my wife Jen, there is a great Youtube video of the boys dressed like the village people for this song that we send each other as a pick me up at work.
    So I guess I'm saying that it was a great night, and I look forward to staying through the end of the show next time, we left after "Alive" (babysitter curfew - argh). We may even bring the kids next time.
  • Options
    pokegoatspokegoats Posts: 1
    I needed a few days to pass before I could rationally discuss this show. I was in complete and utter shock during the show as they kept playing and playing the setlist just kept getting better.

I wasn't even planning on being at this show but fate intervened and dropped a work conference in Hartford. My travel plans worked out (planes, trains, and cars all were involved) just enough to get me into town by 6PM day of the show. Dropped off my bags at the hotel and headed straight over to the show hoping to find somebody selling a ticket.

After about two miles of walking, I came across one guy selling and quickly grabbed it. $50 for a lawn seat. Was hoping for something better but this would at least get me in.

As stated before, being on the lawn sucks. Too many casual fans or drunk frat guys looking to start trouble. My immediate surroundings included a dude taking pictures of himself from various angles every 2 minutes. I kid not. Behind me were two frat boys who kept spilling beer on people and then tried picking a fight with a very nice Australian couple. And another guy started pissing on my feet.

Just way to many distractions that kept dividing my attention away from easily the best PJ concert (this was #10) I have ever witnessed live. Too bad the majority of the people around me had no clue how special this show was. They seemed completely oblivious to the amazing show going on in front of them.

Sadly I was there by myself and didn't have anybody to share in the moment. So I spent time texting my roommate back home (another PJ uber-fan). Another reason that 10 club seats are a must for a PJ show. Because the love is all around.

Can't wait to get the boot and hope to try and relive some of the moments lost.

I seriously love this band.
    Dallas 93; WPB 98; WPB 00; OKC 03; San Antonio 03; Houston 03; Dallas 03; Calgary 05; Lolla 07; Hartford 08
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    I'm sickened and pissed off about the Hartford debacle and I wasn't even there. It is clear from reading so many of the same comments that there was a problem with the 10C ticketing, it wasn't just people coming too late to get their tickets. You don't see these complaints everywhere else. Ditto the security and police situation -- sounds like a lot of innocent fans were mistreated and possibly put in danger by overzealous, incompetent police. Funny how the band can tour countless other cities and you don't hear any of these ridiculous stories.

It sounds like security just has a biased view of PJ fans or rock fans in general, just a complete disdain and disrespect that is completely ignorant and undeserved.

I would say this should be the last straw for Hartford -- hate to say it for people who live nearby, and I'm from CT myself. I'd love to see them in my home state at some point. But decent, law-abiding fans who just want to enjoy a show should not be insulted and put in danger by idiot thug cops with anger issues.

I'm amazed that there is not more news about what happened, I can't find anything online other than what fans are saying here.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    There were people in the 10c sections telling Ed to shut up and get back to the music when he was talking about that email thing to the white house... Also a few people around us sat down when he was doing the usual political talk. Personally I love that Ed and the bend have gone more obviously political the last 8 or so years and don't understand why talking and debating is a bad thing.

I mean is Hartford less liberal than NY or NJ? I almost told him to shut up but he didn't even act like a 10c fan... He knew know songs I let him off. Overall I thought the crowd didn't react greatly to the political part of the show which I found disappointing. Nowhere near as much energy as Camden or DC but the set kicked so much arse. They seem to always pull something out like that for the smaller shows... Loved hearing Breakerfall, Fucking Up, Big Wave, Smile and Immortality :)

Apart from the crowd not being as into it it was a great great show.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    I just got back from Hartford.

Amazing.
    that must have been a hell of a drive
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845

Amazing.
    Where did you park?
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    About how Hartford fans of Pearl Jam evidently can't follow any rules, must destroy property, and love breaking glass everywhere for fun? I wonder how many people popped their tires last night and are just now realizing it.

I don't want to be a bitch, but some people act like douchebags, and then we all whine about the cops afterwards. There's something a little wrong with that picture.

I thought last night's show was the most amazing I've been to so far, and I was really surprised the setlist was so incredible. It was a transcendent experience for me, and it looked like it was for all the 10C people around me, and I'm sure 99% of the fans were cool, but there's always this 1% in Hartford that fucks everything up and acts the fool. I'd hate for people who haven't been to Hartford to read this thread and think the cops were authoritarian SS officers or something. Maybe they're dicks, too, but the fans in Hartford suck sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there. It's not like people were being unduly persecuted. Most of them were WMA's after all. (just a little jokey to lighten the mood)

I don't know if anyone else experienced this...I'm a 36 year old teacher, I've seen probably 20 concerts at this venue and it wasn't always like this. The one exit policy has GOT to go...shouldn't it be considered a fire/riot hazard? As we approached the torn fence - which was a temp fence, not permanent chain link- they're were two cops on each side of it standing guard as though they took it down to alleviate the cluster fuck. Not one of them said anything to the hundreds of fans that were peacefully traversing up the hill. Then, we walk into a cloud of very potent pepper spray...WHY???? I definitely think that someone from 10 Club in Connecticut, someone from the venue and someone from the police department should sit down together and analyze these problems because I don't want PJ or the fans to avoid Hartford.
    Ten years ago, lawns were repeatedly torn up, riots occurred in a back parking lot during a Dave Matthews Band show and I think we are still paying for it - UNFAIRLY. Hartford is always trying to attract more business/tourism; this should be considered a massive debacle for that sector.
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • Options

Amazing.

you either had a long drive or you enjoyed a long long day in Hartford :D One night was enough for me :p

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    About how Hartford fans of Pearl Jam evidently can't follow any rules, must destroy property, and love breaking glass everywhere for fun?

You nailed it - there was a high douchebag factor at the show. While I made my MILE WALK to my car, I noticed all the trash and broken glass in the closer-in parking lot... :(
  • Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    Benzor wrote:
    lol i completely forgot about ed rapping...that was great.

Hasn't he done the "bow wow wow" rap during "Blood" before? It sounded awfully familiar...
  • Options
    Oatsdad wrote:
    Hasn't he done the "bow wow wow" rap during "Blood" before? It sounded awfully familiar...

yeah quite common with Blood over the last few years.

I have to agree there was a higher factor of douchebag at Hartford... Still didn't ruin a great show.

• Options
    Reverb wrote:
    No, the Hartford crew was not lucky: the 10c will call line for tickets was a frickin disaster. There had to be 1,000 10c'ers still in line to pick up their tickets at 9:30pm, while PJ went on around 9:15. There were 5 windows that were totally overloaded and they were sooo slow.

I expect to hear gripes here as more of these guys get home.

The line was horrible. We got on the line at 8:30 and I was worried we would miss them take the stage...luckily, we made it in...but what a freakin mess! When I got my tix, the line was still about 300 people DEEP.

PS The show was great.
    8/24/00 - Wantagh, NY; 4/30/03 - Uniondale, NY; 7/08/03 - MSG: NY, NY; 7/09/03 - MSG: NY, NY; 7/12/03 - Hersheypark: PA; 6/24/08 - MSG: NY, NY; 8/04/08 - Eddie Vedder Solo Tour, NYC; 6/01/06 - Continental Airlines Arena, NJ ; 7/24/08 - MSG: New York, NY; 7/27/08 - Hartford, CT
    8/06/08 - EV Solo: United Palace Theatre, NY, NY
  • Options
    hatnhamhatnham Oak Ridge, NJ Posts: 35
    No complaints about anything. No problem getting my tickects, 15th row absolute dead center, beers were big, setlist was like they asked me to pick the songs. I was at Randall's Island in '96, nothing will ever beat that show but I tell you what this is number two and I've been to some classic shows!!! For the record Sad just kills me every time I hear it in person!!!
    4/17/94, 9/29/96, 9/10/98, 8/7/00, 8/24/00, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/12/08, 6/27/08, Ed solo 8/5/08, 10/27/09,5/18/10,10/22/13,5/1/16
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Zoso wrote:
    There were people in the 10c sections telling Ed to shut up and get back to the music when he was talking about that email thing to the white house... Also a few people around us sat down when he was doing the usual political talk. Personally I love that Ed and the bend have gone more obviously political the last 8 or so years and don't understand why talking and debating is a bad thing.

I mean is Hartford less liberal than NY or NJ? I almost told him to shut up but he didn't even act like a 10c fan... He knew know songs I let him off. Overall I thought the crowd didn't react greatly to the political part of the show which I found disappointing. Nowhere near as much energy as Camden or DC but the set kicked so much arse. They seem to always pull something out like that for the smaller shows... Loved hearing Breakerfall, Fucking Up, Big Wave, Smile and Immortality :)

hey, what did this dude look like, i might have been right near you.
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:

gotta tell ya, and i know ill catch some heat for this, but i wish he would shut up most of the time. Save it for the rallies/fundraiser/polital evnts. I want to hear some rock and roll.
    At least he didnt start babbling during porch :-)
    for the record, im as far left as you can get while still believing in capitalism.
  • Options
    newedheadnewedhead Posts: 2
    first time seeing pearl jam. they had always been on my list and i expected greatness, but wow, really blown away. the band rocked, the songs were great, the audience was really into it. love eddie's notebook, the wine, the "giveaways" wish i'd gotten a tambourine! great show; would recommend to anyone!
  • Options
    newedheadnewedhead Posts: 2
    Oatsdad wrote:
    You nailed it - there was a high douchebag factor at the show. While I made my MILE WALK to my car, I noticed all the trash and broken glass in the closer-in parking lot... :(
    true. i noticed too. thought the behavior didn't match the message we were getting from the band.
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    newedhead wrote:
    true. i noticed too. thought the behavior didn't match the message we were getting from the band.

To the tailgaters credit we walked over at about 3-3:30 and there was a TON of broken glass on the ground already. That's the venues fault for not keeping their parking lots clean and safe.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    Tangerine wrote:
    To the tailgaters credit we walked over at about 3-3:30 and there was a TON of broken glass on the ground already. That's the venues fault for not keeping their parking lots clean and safe.

I don't think the city of Hartford really keeps its streets clean & safe, but sorry I'm in Hartford hate mode right now I think I'll stop.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    trebmal wrote:
    I don't think the city of Hartford really keeps its streets clean & safe, but sorry I'm in Hartford hate mode right now I think I'll stop.

Oh trust me, I know! Motel 6 decided to have our car towed in middle of the night because we didn't have a parking pass (because they forgot to give it to us so I didn't know we needed one although I did leave the half sheet of paper they gave me with my receipt with all my info on it in the car window....but that's a story for another day) and we had the great pleasure of walking (yes walking) the slums of Hartford to get to the tow company, then to an ATM, then back to the tow company first thing Saturday morning. So I am definitely in Hartford/Motel 6 hate mode. I will NEVER go back to Hartford, not even for PJ. The place is a hellhole. I'd go back to Camden before I'd step foot in that city again.

On a positive note the show was absolutely amazing :) Definitely the sleeper show of the tour!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    MikeLammi23MikeLammi23 Posts: 109
    I have been reading these reviews, and am sorry to hear so many negative comments about Hartford's show.

It's never going to go smoothly at a concert (there's always going to be a line, a walk, a dickhead, etc) but this sounds ridiculous. You can't fault the police for doing their job, because I am sure that a lot of people probably had it coming to them. I guess that, in turn, creates a snowball effect, and the next thing you know if you look at somebody wrong, or scream to loudly you are in trouble.

Not that it excuses any of the things that happened outisde of the concert, but it's funny how great of a show the CT fans got! Karma, I guess, for having to deal with all of that bullshit? Again, it's just great to see that it turned out to be one hell of a show in the end, and hopefully the true fans, and good people in attendance got what the came for.
    10c #TBD

"They said timing was everything, made him want to be everywhere,...there's a lot to be said for nowhere."
    "Let them wash away,... all those yesterdays."

09/10/98, 08/23/00, 08/24/00, 08/25/00, 04/30/03, 07/09/03, 07/14/03, 06/01/06, 06/03/06, 06/24/08, 06/25/08