Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 6/27/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Bumper to bumper traffic from Brooklyn to Hartford ( 5 hour drive and I left at 2 in the afternoon!)
    Horrific, maddening 10c line situation (2 hour wait coupled with watching countless people scamming and cutting)

Fucking Amazing Show!!
    For me after MSG 1 this was it! Hands down best setlist of the tour!
    They were incredible!
    Everything else about the experience was not.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    (How I got seats behind someone in the high 300's per previous post concerns me since my number is under 200)....

If u are refering to me I had triple aaa, your seats were closer, but I did have 1st row in my section

was awesome
  • Options
    Thank you for your post. I had a similar situation, and feel better that someone else sees eye to eye. I went through what you went through dude. We made it, it sucked, it was a fantastic set, but we were put through the ringer. I hope your going to boston, and if you are, let me know, we will have a massive tailgating section as I went to school in the area
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Thank you for your post. I had a similar situation, and feel better that someone else sees eye to eye. I went through what you went through dude. We made it, it sucked, it was a fantastic set, but we were put through the ringer. I hope your going to boston, and if you are, let me know, we will have a massive tailgating section as I went to school in the area

Thank you intothewild14.

Unfortunately I will not be in boston.
    Msg 1 , MSG 2 , and Hartford is all she wrote for me for this tour.
    Perhaps we should raincheck till next time.

Enjoy Boston!!!!
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Just got back. picked up our 10c tix at 6--no line at all. then dinner and a shower before the show. Very awesome night, especially the first 5 or so songs. Also, they seemed much louder than at MSG. Also more straight ahead rock. OMG the place was packed---the lawn was as full as can be.
    Ed was sweating like a pig. I think the heat kep Mike from jumping around as much as he might as well. Definately get the boot.
    Have fun in Mass. thats it for me until VH1.
  • Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    The whole band was in a good mood and we got some good songs! It seemed like I was swept back in time, when I saw EV go nuts with the mic and running about the stage. I thought for a second, that he was going to find some lighting rig to swing and jump off!

It truly showed that they loved us and we loved them.

Mike and Stone...still got it, boys. Absolute SHIVERS when it comes to them.

Jeff did rock the place, but was still his laid back self.

Matt still hittin' those things, like there's no tomorrow. Makes me want to see him play with Soundgarden again. Too bad they'll probably never get back together.

Not my favorite venue, but I didn't have to travel far to see them this time!

I think I'm going to be hoarse for a day or so. Too much singing! Not to mention, my neck and well...everything is gonna ache for a while. Not as young as I used to be!

Cheers to everyone that was in section 100!

Thanks to the 10 C for awesome seats!!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Just got back to Providence.

Holy shit what a set!! I was one of the lucky ones able to pick up my 10c tickets early with no wait. Shuttle from Sweet Janes dropped us like half a mile from the venue so we walked - no traffic issues.

I couldn't believe that set. Breakerfall, In Hiding, Sad, Immortality, the most amazing Porch I've seen. Even Flow was outstanding. Mike played almost the whole solo behind his head. Ed came over and gave him a hug when he was done. I also liked the way Ed said they were going to ease into it tonight and slammed into Breakerfall. Awesome!

Just an amazing show. Fucking Up was pretty appropriate for the venue and 10c ticket disaster.

And I missed the pepper spray incident because when we passed that cop, the fence was still up.

I have to say, I think the Hartford cops pushed the issue tonight. If they would have just let everyone leave, there would not have been a problem. It seems they created an issue where there was none.

Looking forward to tonight!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    First off id like to say I had NO IDEA the 10C line was a massacre. I got to the venue around 7ish and first picked up the tix, why wouldnt that be everyones first priority if people were there even before me?

Anyway, The setlist was off the hook. This was my only show of the tour and I'm glad I got fucked over with MSG. The first 4 songs in I seriously thought this was going to be a rarity concert, i even texted my friend that who had lawn seats at the show. Song after song, I was just telling my dad (his first PJ concert) "they never/rarely play this song" He probably thought I was full of it.

Im not even going to mention any of the songs, you all know them by now. One thing I found very funny was one of the tags I think many forgot to mention during daughter. Before the ABITW tag ed was RAPPING. he was going "bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yay" about three times. Pretty ridiculous.

This was my first 10C show, my seats were in section 700 row ccc. When I first got the tix i thought i basically got lawn. Luckily the stage wasnt too far, I wasn't going to complain. But I cant believe that people are saying the fans were just OK at hartford. If what I saw was just "average" fans, then what the FUCK are normal, or even intense fans like? everyone under the fuckin roof was fist pumping to alive, people were singing to in hiding like it was there job, people were banging on the seats like they were drums during the encores, thats average? wow....i REALLY wanna see better fans.

My ONLY complaint were these drunk fucks leaving the parking lot. I was driving and these kids my age (19ish) were shouting Jersey sucks, your porsche fuckin sucks. I just turned around and looked at them and simply said "honda". They wouldnt shut the fuck up, so when the traffic finally cleared up i just flipped them the bird. They were probably stupid hartford college kids that didnt know jack shit about pearl jam. Thats where I can see how the fans werent good, but not for the 10C seats.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    how could you NOT buy the bootleg of this!!! amazing setlist- best so far! you guys who went are so lucky!!
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    as already mentioned it was a great setlist, and it was insufferably humid in there. . .i had no trouble getting my tickets, picked them up at 6:45, i mean i'd guess that everyone was trying to pile in right before pj came on and thats what caused the delay. . .you people should have came in earlier. ted leo and the pharmacists were pretty good. . .our ride home took forever but not because of traffic, we took I-84 west to the taconic pkwy (which is a nightmare road, don't recommend it for the faint of heart especially at 2-3 am). . .i live on long island so after i dropped my friend off in hoboboken nj i walked in my door @ 4:15 am, and here i am speaking to you fine folks about an hour after i've gotten up
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    this is one of the things i love about pj live, the totally different set lists every night, this was my 4th and final show and i believe the first 4 songs of the show were songs i hadn't heard in the previous 3 shows. . .and there was a bunch more as well

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

• Options
    help!! im having early symptoms of pearl jam withdrawal!!! this was my last of 4 shows i attended on this tour. . . carry on into boston fellow jammers. . .im sure they will close with a bang

• Options
    First off id like to say I had NO IDEA the 10C line was a massacre. I got to the venue around 7ish and first picked up the tix, why wouldnt that be everyones first priority if people were there even before me?

Anyway, The setlist was off the hook. This was my only show of the tour and I'm glad I got fucked over with MSG. The first 4 songs in I seriously thought this was going to be a rarity concert, i even texted my friend that who had lawn seats at the show. Song after song, I was just telling my dad (his first PJ concert) "they never/rarely play this song" He probably thought I was full of it.

Im not even going to mention any of the songs, you all know them by now. One thing I found very funny was one of the tags I think many forgot to mention during daughter. Before the ABITW tag ed was RAPPING. he was going "bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yay" about three times. Pretty ridiculous.

This was my first 10C show, my seats were in section 700 row ccc. When I first got the tix i thought i basically got lawn. Luckily the stage wasnt too far, I wasn't going to complain. But I cant believe that people are saying the fans were just OK at hartford. If what I saw was just "average" fans, then what the FUCK are normal, or even intense fans like? everyone under the fuckin roof was fist pumping to alive, people were singing to in hiding like it was there job, people were banging on the seats like they were drums during the encores, thats average? wow....i REALLY wanna see better fans.

My ONLY complaint were these drunk fucks leaving the parking lot. I was driving and these kids my age (19ish) were shouting Jersey sucks, your porsche fuckin sucks. I just turned around and looked at them and simply said "honda". They wouldnt shut the fuck up, so when the traffic finally cleared up i just flipped them the bird. They were probably stupid hartford college kids that didnt know jack shit about pearl jam. Thats where I can see how the fans werent good, but not for the 10C seats.

the bow wow rap took place during blood actually. yeah getting out of that parking lot was rediculous. there was a near fight involving baseball bats and 8 drunks literally right next to my car. i was boxed in....bad times. First pearl jam show and I LOVED IT though
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    One thing I found very funny was one of the tags I think many forgot to mention during daughter. Before the ABITW tag ed was RAPPING. he was going "bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yay" about three times. Pretty ridiculous.

I was just listening to my recording, and that was actually during Blood!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    Ed was dancing A LOT!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    JAL442 wrote:
    Just got back from Hartford. First of all, compared to the Hartford show in 2006, this one blew it away. As everyone else has already said, the set list was FANTASTIC considering the fact that the crowd was not nearly as good as I would have hoped for. Immortality, Blood, Fuckin Up, In Hiding were a few highlights that I was especially glad to see.

The first five songs were incredible to kick off a show. The only problem was that I did not get to see any of them (none of which I have ever seen live before in the 5 shows I have no been to) since I was waiting in line for 10c tickets. I know a lot of other people have voiced their frustration about this as well but I feel as though being fan club member and paying my annual dues should not relegate me to have to wait in line for at least 90 minutes to get my tickets and then miss the first five songs of the show. There were people behind me who I can't imagine got to see any of the main set because how gigantic the line was. I understand that the box office opened early in the afternoon but there are a lot of people (me included) who have jobs that get out around 4-5pm. One would think that you should be able to get to a show around 6-7pm and not have to worry about missing any of a band that starts playing at 9:15, but that was not the case in Hartford. The thing that made it worse was the people who jammed their way to the front of the line by cutting the hundreds of fans behind them instead of doing the right thing and waiting like everyone else. The fans who did not try to screw anybody and did things properly were the ones who got penalized in the end by having to wait even longer, which in my opinion is not fair and just plain wrong.

The actual show was absolutely incredible, arguably the best show I have been to and definitely the most creative set list. They sounded great and had a ton of energy and we even got a couple of laughs (Stone messed up during DTE and Eddie dancing with a girl during Leash). I do not want to take away from what was an unbelievable night by talking about something like picking up tickets and I apologize for the long post, but this is how I felt and I believe this feeling is shared by many other fans.

Well said....I was one of those who had to work then deal with the traffic on 95. Never expected the line to be so long....Never had that problem before picking up ten club tickets.
    I too was one of those on line following the rules and being respectful of other ten club members waiting on line and would not ever think to "cut" off others.
    For this I missed the first 5 songs as well. But at least I the show was well worth the wait....
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Great show last night. One of my favorites.

I thought the start was a little weak, the opening 4 songs did not work for me personally. The band had a few missed starts and they were a little out of sort as evidenced by Ed staopping a few times referencing the oppressive humity. However, by the time they got to All Night they really started to groove. Ed was very animated the whole show which was great considering the conditions.

By the middle of the main set it was clear this was going to be a special show. Sad, Brain of J, In Hiding etc....NTY!! The band was in overdrive at this point. Both encores were over the top, fuckin' Epic.

The venue had it share of problems as mentioned here many times, the place totally reeked like a bad septic system. Not a great venue, the VIP section is huge- much too large and eliminates many prime seats for 10C members. I have been to many venues and i would put this at or near the bottom. The Police activity was outragoues before and after the show. We got our tics early and avoided the debacle. Traffic sucked and the police were not inclined to do anything about like... directing traffic.

Overall an awesome show and night. Thanks PJ! Thanks 10C!

Looking forward to Manfield 2
  • Options
    ribbanggaribbangga Posts: 10
    wow, thats a good setlist. im dissapointed, tomorrows gonna be my first show and now its looking like its not gonna be that great after two nights of MSG and this...

everyone has been thinking along these lines the whole tour, but it just keeps getting better and better, the setlist are objective base don what you like, but all their concerts have been amazing. i've gone from buying 2 boots to now ordered 6 because they keep raising the bar. you'll be fine. wish i was there. DC show was fantastic.
    The whole world will be different soon
    The whole world will be relieved
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I was really impressed with last night's show. I knew it was going to be great, but from reading what other's say about Hartford (it was my first time there) I didn't expect the greatest of them.

I really wanted to hear Sad, Brain of J. and Immortality, so hearing those alone made my night. But Blood and Fucking Up had to be the highlights, incredible! I forget which song it was on, but did anyone catch where the band skipped a couple beats in one song? And it was the whole band that skipped it, like it was planned. I'll have to ask hubby which song it was.

I didn't see any of the chaos that I've been reading on here regarding the cops, I just had a great time, it was a great show, and I'm downloading it for sure. Thanks PJ!! :)
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    wilmack88 wrote:
    the bow wow rap took place during blood actually. yeah getting out of that parking lot was rediculous. there was a near fight involving baseball bats and 8 drunks literally right next to my car. i was boxed in....bad times. First pearl jam show and I LOVED IT though

damn, i couldve sworn it was during daughter. I guess after 28 songs you kinda forget when everything took place.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    lol i completely forgot about ed rapping...that was great.
  • Options
    Everything started on my way from NYC to Hartford: the bus just broke in the middle of the highway and smoke started to come in and ppl kind of started to freak out... I thought it was one of those days where you should just stay at home... :) Not at all :) a great fabolous day followed :)

Arrived at Hartford around 2pm, got in a cab to the venue. There were about 50 ppl picking up tickets and didn't take me more than 10m. I had AAA seats which were great and can't really complain. Not having anyone in front of you is a real plus :)

The setlist was probably the best I've ever seen in 10 years of PJ concerts. It was electric, powerful, sick. Sad, Immortaliy, Garden, Blood and Fuckin' Up were just amazing.

Now the down part. Coming from NYC where in both shows we had 25.000 fans jumping, screaming, singing, rocking, everytime you would look up you would see a bunge of dudes with their sleevless shirts (showing their middle finger to Eddie when he mentioned the urgency of ppl start to think GREEN and stuff) with their pick up trucks parked outside. More than that, couples who probably came in for the show as they go for a date.. I mean... It's sad that after one of the songs I feel a hand in my shoulder and a nice 45 year old lady asks me "Excuse me, are u sober?" I said yeah (I had 3 beers 2 hours before...) and she said "Well, congratulations. You were living and enjoying the concert like it was your first! You were very entertaining!"

Now, what are u gonna say to this nice lady? Am I a clown? lol
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Anyway :) On the floor ppl were rocking. Up there ppl wanted Alive, Jeremy and Even Flow. I would risk to say that half of the ppl hated the first 20m of the show, while other half of the ppl like me absolutly loved it.

Two shows to go :)

See ya all at the pre-party.
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    About how Hartford fans of Pearl Jam evidently can't follow any rules, must destroy property, and love breaking glass everywhere for fun? I wonder how many people popped their tires last night and are just now realizing it.

I don't want to be a bitch, but some people act like douchebags, and then we all whine about the cops afterwards. There's something a little wrong with that picture.

I thought last night's show was the most amazing I've been to so far, and I was really surprised the setlist was so incredible. It was a transcendent experience for me, and it looked like it was for all the 10C people around me, and I'm sure 99% of the fans were cool, but there's always this 1% in Hartford that fucks everything up and acts the fool. I'd hate for people who haven't been to Hartford to read this thread and think the cops were authoritarian SS officers or something. Maybe they're dicks, too, but the fans in Hartford suck sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there. It's not like people were being unduly persecuted. Most of them were WMA's after all. (just a little jokey to lighten the mood)

Cops I spoke to were fucking great. They were like "I don't blame you for drinking now. Who wants to pay $8 a beer inside. " I brought a trash bag to bring what I brought out with me. I stood my ground too. People I were with wanted me to leave the empties in the parking lot. I said no, I am not adding to the problem. If we got pulled over I would say that I refuse to litter.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    rival420rival420 Massachusetts Posts: 58
    Reverb wrote:
    No, the Hartford crew was not lucky: the 10c will call line for tickets was a frickin disaster. There had to be 1,000 10c'ers still in line to pick up their tickets at 9:30pm, while PJ went on around 9:15. There were 5 windows that were totally overloaded and they were sooo slow.

I expect to hear gripes here as more of these guys get home.

It would have also helped if you had picked up your tickets earlier. So don't place the blame on 10c. I picked mine up about 6:30 then went back to the parking lot to tailgate.

But man, what a great show! Can't wait for tonight :)
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Great show with great energy from the band. The sound of the band live is just so incredible. Looking forward to Mansfield on Monday. Also met some very cool guys at the pre-party. UNH1995 (the OP of the Boston 2 Puke), Free the 3, and Meistereder, great to have met you guys.

My girl thanks you again, UNH, for the T-shirt.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    joshua3800joshua3800 Posts: 46
    This was #26 for me and before In Hiding, it was one of the worst starts ever. You can't play 2 songs from Binaural in first 5. thats's awful.

But man did they bring the classics to pound it home. No bullshit, all rock.

Lookin forward to Mansfield I
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    ragejoe wrote:

10 club line sucked and my seats were better at MSG which makes no sense... no big deal tho
    Hartford has a lot of season/VIP tickets in that venue so the front is a mix of 10clubbers and local season ticket holders(actually mostly folks who bought someone's season tix from a broker, like the guys behind me did).
    Its weird, but in 06 I had 6th row in Hartford followed by 3rd and 2nd in Boston, I think last time someone said every other row in the front was non 10 club.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jimlivesjimlives Posts: 48
    To Pearl Jam and 10clubers,

Boycott Dodge Music Center!!!!Boycott Dodge Music Center!!!!

I'm soo friggin broke and saved up money to go to some shows this tour and that was a disgrace. I didn't get in until Not For You. That sucked. Obviously, it wasnt Pearl Jam's fault, although all couple hundred of us sort of felt slapped in the face when we heard the first couple of notes and the crowd screaming. But they did have to play regardless. Simply...for future reference!!!!! BOYCOTT DODGE MUSIC CENTER! BOYCOTT DODGE MUSIC CENTER!!! It was obviously someone's fault and I think that fault lies in the hands of the asshole running the show at that damned place.

Anyway, love you all.
    Emily Goodrich

PS You know what the worst part of it was (and I'm sure the rest of you could relate)? Standing in line with hundreds in front of me and hundreds behind me and these assholes walking by asking us "Whats this line for?...Oh, what's the ten club?" and then they laugh at us. And then the hell of it is...they get in right away and get to see the whole goddamn show and they don't even care the way we do.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    I missed out on the cops/pepper spray stuff...being in section 100 was close to the exit and made a quick departure when the band left the stage, was parked in thhe Mercedes dealership acrosss the street which provided quick, easy access to 91.
    I have to wonder if the cops got miffed when Ed thanked them at the end for "not hassling us" and that led to a quick trigger on the pepper spray as people exited. How awful that people trying to leave get sprayed. WTF is wrong with those cops?

Otherwise, fantastic show, got my 10c tix early enough (like 7:15) to avoid missing anything, but the line was long and slow at that point, really poor execution by the folks at the box office there.

Man what a great show though, sorry for those who missed some of it, and thanks to 10club again for some damn good seats.
    This weekend we rock Portland