Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 6/27/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Aww I forgot to ask about Smile!! I mean that's not something you'd regular on their setlist! Smile is such and awesome song and I love how Ed's voice sounds in it, really different....So how was seeing Smile live folks? :D
    Amazing; stone on bass and jeff on guitar and he even pulled off the solo perfectly; truly sick.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Awesome show (ONCE WE GOT IN)
    Finally got in during Big Wave and I feel even more sorry because there must have been hundreds behind us waiting as well. No poster, missed some great songs but was surrounded with great fans this time in 500 thanks tricia and joe ;)

People were walking by laughing at the 10c line. At first it was like stfu, but then I started to agree...what a mess. live and learn

However after walking in to big wave all my frustration fell to the wayside....Fantastic show.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    Just got back to New York after only spending a couple hours at the Crown Plaza, my cousin who was with me said, oh by the way we gotta leave 5am back to NY because of his sisters HS Graduation on the way up there, wanted to smack him, could have let me know earlier

No Matter what a fuckin show!!!!

Songs I heard for the 1st time: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Brain of J, Big Wave, Immortality, and Smile(all blew me away)

Ed seemed in High Spirits tonight (dancing w/ that girl was awesome) the band was ripping the set to shreds

Never been to this Venue, couldn't believe all the lawn people

Only thing that sucked was the heat, after rockin out we all quickly forgot about it...Ed mentioned it

This was my Cousins first show..quickly asked me after the show when will they be back around the tri-state area....hooked

Thank you to the 10c, didn't win the lottery(I have a shit #, high 300's) got 400 section first row, aisle seats, no one in front of us...just railing, nice view

I'm tired as fuck...this past week has been real special for me. I had a real rough year and to feel this bands music flowing through my bones, is such a blessing

Gonna head on up to Mansfield 2 Monday Night...then I'm goona have great memories to last a lifetime

Thanks again to the band,10c, and all you fans who are great to talk to at shows
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    As this show started unfolding I knew people were going to be raving about the setlist because it a bit different. Me personally, I was bummed for the first few songs, but man did it get good after that. This lady 2 rows in front of me, had a copy of the setlist, thought it was fake at first, but some "stage hand" came and was talking to her so then it looked legit. It ended up being quite close, order was a little different and the beginning different, her copy started with Sometimes, Last Exit, Hail Hail would would have killed! But it had the encores almost perfect.

Band was great. It was hotter than hell in that place and the humidity was unreal, I did not think Eddie was going to make it through the show. Overall great time, and I finally got to see Leash.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    Good News..... Ed wore the same pair of white pants agan!

YAY!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    Little Wing!!! I would have loved to have heard that. Was it good? I'm ordering my bootleg now.

Sorry to all of you who got the pepper spray. How ridiculous and unnecessary. You should write to the chief of police to complain.
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    Amazing; stone on bass and jeff on guitar and he even pulled off the solo perfectly; truly sick.

Holy S! That's soooo awesome! I seriously wish I could've been there and wow, for both of them to nail each others instruments perfectly is.....wow....I've seen them do it once before, but I didn't have any sound so I couldn't tell but that paints the picture! Shows what a multi-talented band they are lol and hey does anyone have pics of Ed dancing with that girl? Kate was it? That's so sweet of Ed too :D What a man hehe....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Holy S! That's soooo awesome! I seriously wish I could've been there and wow, for both of them to nail each others instruments perfectly is.....wow....I've seen them do it once before, but I didn't have any sound so I couldn't tell but that paints the picture! Shows what a multi-talented band they are lol and hey does anyone have pics of Ed dancing with that girl? Kate was it? That's so sweet of Ed too :D What a man hehe....
    I took a bunch; I'll try to post them later
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Brian of KBrian of K Posts: 20
    wow, thats a good setlist. im dissapointed, tomorrows gonna be my first show and now its looking like its not gonna be that great after two nights of MSG and this...

Your show's gonna be sick. They always bring their "A" game to the Boston/Mansfeild area. Don't worry about it
    PJ Shows:
    State College 5/3/03, East Rutherford 6/1/06, MSG 6/24/08, MSG 6/25/08, Beacon Theater 7/1/08
    Ed Vedder Solo Shows:
    United Palace Theater 8/5/08, Newark 8/7/08
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    Pearl Jam ALWAYS brings their "A" game. The guys are too humble and grateful to give anything but 150% every single time out. If someone doesn't like certain shows it's probably because they've been to too many and are spoiled. I mean, it's not like they're a jam band and so on some nights jams don't necessarily do anything for you. They play the greatest rock n' roll the world has ever seen drawn from a huge catalog for 2 1/2 plus hours every night. It's never anything but spectacular.
  • Options
    the anticipation for tonight is killing me!! i have no doubt that the Mansfield shows will be at the top of everyones list for boots when all is said and done.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    trebmal wrote:
    yes.... lol I read this after I posted. Except I let my night be ruined after people were in my seats....and were jerky about it.....Dodge staff stunk too. So it completely ruined my night..... I did smile during smile though.

that sucks, man. you were way ahead of me in the line, and you got in only a few minutes before I did. I was stunned to see you again right before i picked up my tickets. i thought you had gotten in already. sorry to hear about your car troubles too, but I'm glad you got back safe.

don't it make you smile? when the sun don't shine, it don't shine at all!!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    catwoman wrote:
    Little Wing!!! I would have loved to have heard that. Was it good? I'm ordering my bootleg now.

Sorry to all of you who got the pepper spray. How ridiculous and unnecessary. You should write to the chief of police to complain.

No Vocals, Mike just played the music

Still was cool
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    Just woke up this morning, and listening to my recording (yes, I RECORDED IT) and HOLY SHIT!!
    My third show and by farr the best setlist.

I was at Hartford '06 and Camden 2 and in this show I only saw 3 repeats in the main setlist and 10 overall.

The main set was unbelievable, Breakfall then Last Exit?! Sad, Brian of J, Big Wave, In Hiding?!?!

HOLY CRAP

Immortality was amazing as was Not For You. And Porch!!! oh my god! The jam was THE SICKest thing I have ever seen! Mike was on fucking fire.

First encore was good, I could have done without Betterman (even though I got really into it when Mikes solo started :)) I also could have done without Evenflow (except again, Mike's behind the head solo was amazing!)
    And then Blood!!

Second Encore was amazing! Sad was the shit. Do the Evolution was great, as always even though Stone messed it up (he was having a great time with the mess up haha) and Fuckin' Up! Stone's guitar techs must have fucked up again, because he switched guitars somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 times and ended up just playing tamborines until right before Mike's solo. Then Stone!!! Stone had a rediculous LONG solo. Best I've ever heard from him.

YL was amazing as always, but my recorder ran out of space right at the end and I'm pretty sure I missed the Little Wing tag :(

Amazing show, These guys really know how to mix it up!
    Look for my recording sometime late today or tomorrow ;)

Edit: I forgot to thank gonzo for the tickets, Thanks Man
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:

I was pumped to hear little wing, but it was just mike doing the riffs of it, lasted no more then 30 seconds. still sick though
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Wow! Really. I think that was the best show I have even seen by far. The energy of this show was kick ass. I am fucking tired, my legs are bruised from slamming, crashing, thrashing, jumping into the seat in front of me. The guys from Norway were great!!! So glad I got to meet you and enjoyed the sing alongs with you.

Got home around 3:30. My boys were both up at 7. My husband tried to entertain them. Now it's 10 am. And in a few short hours I am going to be doing all over again!!!! I had section 400, row ee, seats 413 and 414. Great seats. (How I got seats behind someone in the high 300's per previous post concerns me since my number is under 200)....Wanted to win the lottery. I still got 2 more chances.

SO excited to get big wave, brain of j. Can't keep opener was amazing. Smile was fantastic. Best Alive I have ever seen. BLOOD!!!!!!!!! LAST EXIT!!!!!!!! NOT FOR YOU!!!! IN HIDING!!!!!!!!! I have got to stop, every song would be in caps as I think back at this amazing show~

Not sure why the ten club window did not do the distribution in some sort of order. I agree it was a nightmare. Just a free for all. with 5 windows, they should had like a-g, h-m, etc etc. I got there around 7ish to get my tickets and the lines were long then. Sounds like it got worse.

PS the white pants were fabulous :-)
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    !!!GARDEN!!! I would have loved to witness that. One of my Ol' Time Favourites!
  • Options
    However after walking in to big wave all my frustration fell to the wayside....Fantastic show.

yeah, when i finally got in, i was so happy to have Not For You blasting at me, and i danced around with all the jammers going nuts out in the walkway between the seats and the lawn.

Daughter and Why Go were intense. so was Jeremy. however, i was not ready for Gone. I needed some more high-energy songs first. hearing Brain of J, Big Wave and In Hiding must have been so great. i didn't think about this at the time. i completely enjoyed the show while i was there. but it really fucking sucks giant ass to know what you missed the next day, especially when you did nothing wrong.

i'm sorry... actually, i'm not sorry to say this: to anyone who wants to blame it on the 10C members who didn't get in line before 8pm... WHAT THE FUCK? do we really expect the line to just sit still for 10 minutes, move an inch, sit still for another 15 minutes, move 2 inches, and then sit still again while you can't really hear Pearl Jam, but you can hear the crowd sing "HELLOOOOOO!!!!" during Small Town. yeah, fucking Hellooooooo!! fucking let us in!!! it's not my opinion that its the venues fault. it's a fact. 10C members got screwed. period.

but hell, that was the best Porch I've ever heard and Even Flow was up there as well. Comatose/Leash/Blood.... i loved ever micro second of that. Smile, DTE - both great. i usually don't care for Fuckin' Up but last night i think it was just what the doctor ordered.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Oh and you should send that letter to the mayor and a local news station!

About how Hartford fans of Pearl Jam evidently can't follow any rules, must destroy property, and love breaking glass everywhere for fun? I wonder how many people popped their tires last night and are just now realizing it.

I don't want to be a bitch, but some people act like douchebags, and then we all whine about the cops afterwards. There's something a little wrong with that picture.

I thought last night's show was the most amazing I've been to so far, and I was really surprised the setlist was so incredible. It was a transcendent experience for me, and it looked like it was for all the 10C people around me, and I'm sure 99% of the fans were cool, but there's always this 1% in Hartford that fucks everything up and acts the fool. I'd hate for people who haven't been to Hartford to read this thread and think the cops were authoritarian SS officers or something. Maybe they're dicks, too, but the fans in Hartford suck sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there. It's not like people were being unduly persecuted. Most of them were WMA's after all. (just a little jokey to lighten the mood)
    9/13/98 -- Hartford, CT
    7/9/03 -- NY, NY
    5/13/06 -- Hartford, CT
    6/3/06 -- E. Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/08 -- NY, NY
    6/27/08 -- Hartford, CT
    6/28/08 -- Mansfield, MA
    10/30/09 -- Philadelphia, PA
    5/15/10 -- Hartford, CT
    5/21/10 -- NY, NY
    10/25/13 -- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    to say i was surprised by the energy at Harford would be an understatement. great show, great crowd.

but to the security guard who took my "dangerous" key chain on the way in, then couldn't "find it" on the way out ... FUCK YOU FATTY.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I was SHOCKED by the shw last night. Expected another so so hartford show. Being stuck in between msg and beantown usually means a half hearted show, NOT LAST NIGHT!. The boys were on fire and anyone who decided to skip Hartford, got burned.

Crazy energy, first pits Ive seen and ive seen every show since Columbia. What a set list, full of first timers for the tour. Thanks for a great night fellas. Though it was hella hot at my ten club seats. I watchd most of the show from the lawn.
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    Not sure why the ten club window did not do the distribution in some sort of order. I agree it was a nightmare. Just a free for all. with 5 windows, they should had like a-g, h-m, etc etc. I got there around 7ish to get my tickets and the lines were long then. Sounds like it got worse.

ok, i'm just to trying to get to the source of this major fuck-up.

so in the beginning, it was just one line going to one ticket booth? because when i finally got there, the line split 4 or 5 ways toward different booths marked by last name, a-g, h-m etc. but it seems to me it was just one line at first, for a long time, and then finally the line started moving at a proper speed... i'm guessing after they divided it up by last name. once it started really moving, it only took about 10 mins, if that long.
  • Options
    JAL442JAL442 Posts: 41
    I got in right as Small Town was starting due to the 10c ticket debacle, but me and my buddy each had a song we especially wanted to hear, neither of which they had played yet this tour (his was Immortality, mine was Blood) and we ended up getting both and having 10th row thanks to the lottery. Unbelievable set list and it shuts up all the people who thought Hartford was a "buffer" show in between MSG and Boston.
    2004: Boston II

2006: Hartford, Boston I, Boston II

2008: Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II
  • Options
    Sounds like an awesome night. I am definately getting this boot. And the white pants...made appearance in WPB and Tampa...They are the tour pants!
    Chi 3/94
    SNL 4/94
    CHI/Soldier Field 7/95
    CHi/UC 6/98
    Detroit 10/00
    Allstate Arena 10/00
    Atlanta 4/03
    CHI/UC 6/03
    Alpine Valley 6/03
    Chi/UC 5/06
    Chi/UC 5/06
    Honolulu 12/06
    Kokua (Ed) 4/07
    Kokua (Ed) 4/07
    Lolla 8/07
    WPB 6/08
    Tampa 6/08
    VH1 Honors 7/08
  • Options
    jeffco98jeffco98 Posts: 19
    I got to the 10C window at about 8:45 and the lines were not divided up alphabetically at that point.
    You handed your ID to a Dodge Center employee, who would then run over to the 10C ppl, who would fish out your tickets and give them to the Dodge center employee. The Dodge Center would hand you the envelope to sign before handing over your tickets and your ID.
    The non-breakout of the lines was the 1st killer, and the Dodge Center/10c relay was the second.

I got in on time so i can't complain. The show was great and so was the pre-party at Sweet Janes.
    Can't wait for tonight's show...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    ok, i'm just to trying to get to the source of this major fuck-up.

so in the beginning, it was just one line going to one ticket booth? because when i finally got there, the line split 4 or 5 ways toward different booths marked by last name, a-g, h-m etc. but it seems to me it was just one line at first, for a long time, and then finally the line started moving at a proper speed... i'm guessing after they divided it up by last name. once it started really moving, it only took about 10 mins, if that long.

At about 6:15 when we got ours, they had several separate ticket booths, with separate lines, with a barricade kind of around the whole thing (there was a roof over the whole thing), and the one guy not letting in anyone except the 10 club member, but he let me keep my daughter with me. It appeared the workers at the different windows were all drawing from a common place where all the tickets were held though, because you gave them your i.d., then they went back and pulled your envelope. The windows were not marked by last name at that time. We waited only about 15 minutes. I feel really bad for people who had to wait later.

This show was one of my favorites. During the show I knew people following online were going to be going crazy! (As we were!) First time to hear Big Wave, so many awesome choices on the set, and the Porch jam was amazing, as was the Fuckin' Up one. The trio of Comatose into Leash into Blood was one of my favorite parts. In Hiding and Ed sounded awesome. First Last Exit in a long while. Definitely getting this boot!

One thing I kind of felt bad for was how many people were leaving during YL. ED noticed it as the lights were up (it was impossible not to notice), but I guess the difficulty of leaving this venue makes it hard. In 28 shows I left early ONCE, at MSG, but it killed me to do so.

The Meadows has one door for coming and going, for sections 400-800 people while the show is going on. That is insane.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    It is the morning after and I feel I need to let everyone know exactly how awful hartford and all of the staff and police were. I arrived at 830. I worked from 7-5 drove through rush hour traffic to have a cop tell me, maybe this wasnt an opportune evening for me to see a show! What happened was I walked up to the ten club window and was blocked. THey said this is exit only. And i look at the line which was ridiculous. I said to the girl, who is your boss, theres something wrong, I have been to many shows, someone needs to know about this. She said we are assessing the situation. The amount of police was totally un needed. I counted hundreds of cops, all with bad attitudes. THe worst of which came up to me and said Sir what is your problem. So i said hi, nice to meet you. And she goes you need to step back. So i said well I was just saying hi and wondering what was going on. She pushes me back. I am 220 lbs. I was shocked. So i said, what is going on here. She goes sir if you want tix step to the side. So i said well you are all doing a horrible job I have been to many shows and its never been like this! She says sir I do not work for the venue, how much have you been drinking? So i said what does that have to do with anything! I was not drunk at all! She said sir, I will put you in hand cuffs. ANd im like what are you talking about. Now let me say, Im a teacher, Im in the international educational honor society, I gave her no lip! So then she goes what time did you arrive and i said eight thirty, and she goes I find that hard to believe!!! I said are you questioning my honesty! And she goes sir, If you want to be placed in handcuffs I can do that for you. And I walked away. We got in. What a disgrace. Hartford Police, go to NYC and learn how real cops treat people. You all suck, you should be disgraced with yourself. Your job is to protect and serve the people! You failed us all! Fuck you!! WMA TONIGHT PLEASE!!
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    For the people complaining about the ten club line. Maybe you have only yourself to blame. For one, if you live in the area you can always get your tickets early. I received my tickets at 3:00 p.m. with no line or waiting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that with crowds there will be long lines. People just love blaming someone other than themselves. Also, If you live far away and could only get there before the show starts, leave earlier or don't go. People need to decide what is more important, the pre-party or the actual show because the people who got there early so the entire show. So people should stop complaining and learn from their own mistakes.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    It is the morning after and I feel I need to let everyone know exactly how awful hartford and all of the staff and police were. I arrived at 830. I worked from 7-5 drove through rush hour traffic to have a cop tell me, maybe this wasnt an opportune evening for me to see a show! What happened was I walked up to the ten club window and was blocked. THey said this is exit only. And i look at the line which was ridiculous. I said to the girl, who is your boss, theres something wrong, I have been to many shows, someone needs to know about this. She said we are assessing the situation. The amount of police was totally un needed. I counted hundreds of cops, all with bad attitudes. THe worst of which came up to me and said Sir what is your problem. So i said hi, nice to meet you. And she goes you need to step back. So i said well I was just saying hi and wondering what was going on. She pushes me back. I am 220 lbs. I was shocked. So i said, what is going on here. She goes sir if you want tix step to the side. So i said well you are all doing a horrible job I have been to many shows and its never been like this! She says sir I do not work for the venue, how much have you been drinking? So i said what does that have to do with anything! I was not drunk at all! She said sir, I will put you in hand cuffs. ANd im like what are you talking about. Now let me say, Im a teacher, Im in the international educational honor society, I gave her no lip! So then she goes what time did you arrive and i said eight thirty, and she goes I find that hard to believe!!! I said are you questioning my honesty! And she goes sir, If you want to be placed in handcuffs I can do that for you. And I walked away. We got in. What a disgrace. Hartford Police, go to NYC and learn how real cops treat people. You all suck, you should be disgraced with yourself. Your job is to protect and serve the people! You failed us all! Fuck you!! WMA TONIGHT PLEASE!!

Did the female officer have gross looking teeth?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    the woman police officer had gross teeth and absolutely nothing behind her eyes. And this is a direct response to dlymnfld. Dude, this is my 6th show of the tour. I live for pearl jam. Fuck you if i cant take a whole day off. Fuck you if i had to sit in traffic. And fuck you if I get there at 815 for 25/26 shows in my life and get tix asap. The only show that was fucked up was hartford. You dlymnfld have no idea what your talking about, and I hope I dont see you in boston. Stay in fucking hartford with the rest of your friends!