Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 6/27/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    The energy in this show was amazing!

I've never heard Comatose played like this!!!! It was almost unbelievable. :eek: :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    billyzoombillyzoom Posts: 15
    About how Hartford fans of Pearl Jam evidently can't follow any rules, must destroy property, and love breaking glass everywhere for fun? I wonder how many people popped their tires last night and are just now realizing it.

I don't want to be a bitch, but some people act like douchebags, and then we all whine about the cops afterwards. There's something a little wrong with that picture.

I thought last night's show was the most amazing I've been to so far, and I was really surprised the setlist was so incredible. It was a transcendent experience for me, and it looked like it was for all the 10C people around me, and I'm sure 99% of the fans were cool, but there's always this 1% in Hartford that fucks everything up and acts the fool. I'd hate for people who haven't been to Hartford to read this thread and think the cops were authoritarian SS officers or something. Maybe they're dicks, too, but the fans in Hartford suck sometimes.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there. It's not like people were being unduly persecuted. Most of them were WMA's after all. (just a little jokey to lighten the mood)

I agree with this too! Walking through the parking lot after to get to my car I witnessed a group of guys jumping on the trunks of cars to try and go for a ride, multiple people smashing bottles and other just generally being idiots. And someone is calling the cops assholes?
  • Options
    damn, i couldve sworn it was during daughter. I guess after 28 songs you kinda forget when everything took place.

Another Brick in the Wall 2 was during Daughter...
  • Options
    jimlives wrote:
    To Pearl Jam and 10clubers,

Boycott Dodge Music Center!!!!Boycott Dodge Music Center!!!!

I'm soo friggin broke and saved up money to go to some shows this tour and that was a disgrace. I didn't get in until Not For You. That sucked. Obviously, it wasnt Pearl Jam's fault, although all couple hundred of us sort of felt slapped in the face when we heard the first couple of notes and the crowd screaming. But they did have to play regardless. Simply...for future reference!!!!! BOYCOTT DODGE MUSIC CENTER! BOYCOTT DODGE MUSIC CENTER!!! It was obviously someone's fault and I think that fault lies in the hands of the asshole running the show at that damned place.

Anyway, love you all.
    Emily Goodrich

PS You know what the worst part of it was (and I'm sure the rest of you could relate)? Standing in line with hundreds in front of me and hundreds behind me and these assholes walking by asking us "Whats this line for?...Oh, what's the ten club?" and then they laugh at us. And then the hell of it is...they get in right away and get to see the whole goddamn show and they don't even care the way we do.

If you cared so much you would have picked up your tickets earlier. I can't believe all the belly aching from people waiting until 8:30 pm to pick up tickets! Apparently you don't really care that much.
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    I still can't belive its true... the best fucking concert ever. ever. MSG 1 and 2 were fabulous, crazy cool. But to sit so close to the stage (10th row stones side)... Ed came so close to us... I could see his every grin and every smile.. I swear he looked me right into my eyes at least once... CRAZY! I bet he saw my "peace"-shirt that glowed in the dark.. hehh.. I hope. :D

I just got back to Finland... I'm in a web cafe, waiting for my train --- 10 hours and Im home. Fuck... I've been to trains metros and 2 airplanes today.. at least 20 hours straight. sick.

The concerts were so amazing, my love for Pearl Jam has never been this crazy... cant wait to watch all the youtube footage from the shows... maybe I'll spot myself in the crowd. (white shirt, and black t shirt with a peace sign.. at least on two nights.. well the white button shirt was on propably every night.

and Mansfield... man, I have never sang so loud before... and betterman`?? The crowd was so cool, screaming, whistling and etc. So wonderful. Best summer of my life.

More to come later
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    billyzoom wrote:
    I here you. I left Boston at 4:00 pm, was in the parking lot near the Expo at 6:00 pm, had a few beers and some food in the lot, got my 10c tickets and we were in our seats by 7:30 pm. I was in the 10c line for maybe 10 minutes. The line for tickets has nothing to do with the band. Are they supposed to delay the start of the show because people wait until the last minute to get in because they're so concerned with getting F-ed up in the parking lot? Next time get in there earlier.

I guess they're more interested in gay marriage up there than they are in teaching math. How is getting in line 1 hour and 20 minutes before they take the stage waiting until the last minute? Now, people who got on line at 9:14, they deserve your lecture. And for the billionth time, there wasn't one person near me in line, 10 people ahead of me, and 10 people behind me, who was anywhere near drunk. So maybe you should stick to talking about stuff you actually know about, because you are ignorant about this, and it's showing
  • Options
    billyzoom wrote:
    If you cared so much you would have picked up your tickets earlier. I can't believe all the belly aching from people waiting until 8:30 pm to pick up tickets! Apparently you don't really care that much.

you're right. i should have cared more, and left my 2 year old in charge of my 2 month old, and hightailed it to hartford at 10 AM so i could be first in line to pick up my tickets.
  • Options
    Pinstrps wrote:
    Hey all those people who had to wait in that long line for the 10C tickets have nobody to blame but themselves! Get your tickets before you decide to party in the parking lot! I mean why wait till 9 or so to get your damn tickets>> That's just stupid if you ask me. And then when all these people show up all at once they expect the people at the ticket windows not to be overwhelmed?

Hey fucker... I left NYC at 3:00, sat in 4+ hours of traffic, parked a mile from the venue... and showed up at 8:15 only to wait in line for 1 hour 45 min, miss 5 songs. I've been in the fan club for a long time and have never seen anything like this.

I must say to those around me waiting in line, thank you all for being so cool under a very stressful situation. Hartford police boys on bikes all assembled near the ticket windows expecting a riot, but you guys all held your cool, and eventually the little boys had to peddle off to find some other crimes to stop. A true testament to ALL of PJ fans... you are all my kind of people. I've been going to shows for (gulp) almost 15 years now, and every show feels like home.

The show, you've read it all, amazing. I adored McCready's solo on Even Flow, and IMMORTALITY? I thank Ed for that one (philly). Besides the 5 songs I missed, I had a sweaty blast. MWAH!
    '94 Pensacola, Miami, St. Pete., Atlanta / '96 Randall's Island, MSG-2 / '00 Jones Beach-3 / '01 Nader / '03 State College, Uniondale, MSG-2, Boston (Kerry) / '05 Philly / '06 Toronto, Albany, Philly, NJ / '08 Philly, MSG-2, Hartford, Boston-1, Ed Ved solo in Harlem / '09 Chicago / '10 MSG-2
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    billyzoom wrote:
    The line for tickets has nothing to do with the band. Are they supposed to delay the start of the show because people wait until the last minute to get in because they're so concerned with getting F-ed up in the parking lot? Next time get in there earlier.

these are the same d-bags that kept cutting in line a couple hundred feet from the windows and were causing the jam up.

we got there a little late, about 8pm...saw the size of the line and thought "what can we do?" we went to the back and within about 20-25 minutes made really good time until we got closer.

too many pricks.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Sea wrote:

Encore 2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)

There is no final encore in the world I'd rather see than this. wish I was there...but I can't complain about the show I saw.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I guess they're more interested in gay marriage up there than they are in teaching math. How is getting in line 1 hour and 20 minutes before they take the stage waiting until the last minute? Now, people who got on line at 9:14, they deserve your lecture. And for the billionth time, there wasn't one person near me in line, 10 people ahead of me, and 10 people behind me, who was anywhere near drunk. So maybe you should stick to talking about stuff you actually know about, because you are ignorant about this, and it's showing

Ok. Fair enough. I will stick to what I know and that is getting into concerts on time. Too bad you missed the beginning of the show.
  • Options
    jimlivesjimlives Posts: 48
    billyzoom wrote:

Interesting that you just assumed I waited until 8:30. haha Read all the comments before you comment.

PS Anyway, I'm sure some people couldn't get there until 8:30 because they have kids and work and whatnot and it isn't unreasonable for that person to think they'd be able to pick up their tickets at 8:30 and be in by 9:15. That didn't happen at any other venue. Like I said, the venue couldn't handle the crowd and the responsibilty to the band which is why I say BOYCOT DODGE MUSIC CENTER!!
  • Options
    you're right. i should have cared more, and left my 2 year old in charge of my 2 month old, and hightailed it to hartford at 10 AM so i could be first in line to pick up my tickets.

That is 1) the band's problem, 2) the venue's problem, 3) your problem

Never mentioned being first in line....just in line to see the beginning of the show. Can't Keep was sweet. Don't be all pissy because YOU were late getting in.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    so i haven't read through the whole thread....

but has anyone else mentioned all the d-bags cutting in line?

that was the real problem....in case people didn't know....too many people acting like they were going to will call and then slipping in the 10C line...actually from both sides.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    these are the same d-bags that kept cutting in line a couple hundred feet from the windows and were causing the jam up.

we got there a little late, about 8pm...saw the size of the line and thought "what can we do?" we went to the back and within about 20-25 minutes made really good time until we got closer.

too many pricks.

I fully agree there were too many pricks in Hartford. Not sure what that was due too...

Anyway....Mansfield Sat night was great and I'm expecting them to end the tour tonight in top notch form. It's now 2:30 and I'm leaving Boston in 30 minutes or so to head down! Be ready for an incredible show tonight!
  • Options
    beeonkbeeonk Posts: 3
    It was my 16th PJ show...and one of the best. Crowd energy could have been better, but it was a killer setlist.

A nice change, as Hartford usually ends up being the "stinker" of the tour. But not this time.

Can't wait for tonight!
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    hey everyone,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Enjoy tonights show.

:)
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    billyzoom wrote:
    That is 1) the band's problem, 2) the venue's problem, 3) your problem

Never mentioned being first in line....just in line to see the beginning of the show. Can't Keep was sweet. Don't be all pissy because YOU were late getting in.

are you sure you're in the right place, and maybe don't belong at the Creed message board? PJ fans can be broken down into 2 groups. 98% of them are awesome, quality people. you well represent the other 2%. How old are you, bragging about being there to see the first song?
  • Options
    are you sure you're in the right place, and maybe don't belong at the Creed message board? PJ fans can be broken down into 2 groups. 98% of them are awesome, quality people. you well represent the other 2%. How old are you, bragging about being there to see the first song?

You are too funny. Friday night was my 22nd PJ show. Tonight is my 24th PJ show...I AM a fan. I wasn't bragging about being there to see the first song, as you put it. I was just stating a fact. Here's another fact....I am in the passenger seat of my friend's car on our way to Mansfield for my 24th PJ show. You can bet your tootsies I'm going to be in there to see song #1 from our section 3 row H tickets. I'm not trying to be an asshole. Obviously, you got jobbed in Hartford. Don't be pissed at me because I was there early and got my tickets in time to see the whole show. I'm there to see a show....that's why I get there early.
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    the band was on fire...first set was classic ramonesesque: 1 2 3 4, ripping through the high energy tunes...best version of Comatose I've seen...ed screaming the lyrics directly at mike's guitar...move over VH's Atomic Punk...one of the most unique/memorable setlists i've personally witnessed...they never leave me disappointed, a pleasant surprise every time...first all night, sad, big wave and leash for me...leash was over the top as was not for you...got to be witness to 'happy ed' versus mansfield 1's 'angry' ed (hey, we all have our moments)

Thanks to tenclub, PJ and the 20,000 other folks keeping me company at the show
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    arriepjfarriepjf Posts: 30
    Ok it is 3 days later and Hartford show is still in my head. What a set list! After going to Camden 1 and both MSG shows , (especially # 2 ) it was hard to see how they could top that, but this band is awesome ,they always come through.

Got to venue very early to pick up 10c tickets. #207xxx did not get me great seat ( 800 jj) so we were on a mission after MSG to hope for good seats and if not obtained ,do what we could to get as close as we could, while still being respectful to who seats we may end up in.Also it is a Pearl Jam show who sits???

At 9:00 made are way to suckie seats , walked lower area and saw an opening. We we able to walk down to (row I) dead center 9Th row !!. Told our story to the fine people around us and had their support. 1st couple we met had been in fan club for five months and scored 9th row ( I realized we were in the lottery row) On the other side was two guys- very wasted sucking down pints of smirnoff vodka . If we at least made it until the lights went out I thought we be fine.

Turns out there were two empty seats the whole show. Did not infringe on anyone and saw a great show. This was my 31st show and seeing songs for the first time is always a goal. Big Wave & Can't Keep.

Thanks to the band and everyone around us for making this a truly great show. I happen to also attended the riot and tear gas show at Hartford in '96 ...this venue owed me. Can not wait for them to come back again!!
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    arriepjf wrote:
    Ok it is 3 days later and Hartford show is still in my head. What a set list! After going to Camden 1 and both MSG shows , (especially # 2 ) it was hard to see how they could top that, but this band is awesome ,they always come through.

Got to venue very early to pick up 10c tickets. #207xxx did not get me great seat ( 800 jj) so we were on a mission after MSG to hope for good seats and if not obtained ,do what we could to get as close as we could, while still being respectful to who seats we may end up in.Also it is a Pearl Jam show who sits???

At 9:00 made are way to suckie seats , walked lower area and saw an opening. We we able to walk down to (row I) dead center 9Th row !!. Told our story to the fine people around us and had their support. 1st couple we met had been in fan club for five months and scored 9th row ( I realized we were in the lottery row) On the other side was two guys- very wasted sucking down pints of smirnoff vodka . If we at least made it until the lights went out I thought we be fine.

Turns out there were two empty seats the whole show. Did not infringe on anyone and saw a great show. This was my 31st show and seeing songs for the first time is always a goal. Big Wave & Can't Keep.

Thanks to the band and everyone around us for making this a truly great show. I happen to also attended the riot and tear gas show at Hartford in '96 ...this venue owed me. Can not wait for them to come back again!!

I'm so glad everyone had a great time in Hartford.. It was a great end of the tour for me and my girl anyway. After not knowing for sure if we were going to go we would have hated to miss this show! The Setlist cannot be overrated it was unbelievable start and end and how rocking was Fucking Up (possibly my fav PJ cover ever).
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    You lucky bastards! How do you top this setlist? You got SMILE. That's all I have to say.
    I was bitten, must have been the devil.....

06 Leg I~ Continental II
    07 Lollapalooza
    08 Tampa
    08 EV DC I
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    You lucky bastards! How do you top this setlist? You got SMILE. That's all I have to say.

:D Yup and still have one on my face!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

I was up in the lawn and it was such a joy to hear Smile. :)

Gave somebody a smoke who returned the favor with sharing a joint with me. :)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    This show was surprisingly slightly better than MSG's and much better than Mansfield's.

What a kick ass setlsit...nonstop heavy and fast-pace tunes they did. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Saturnal wrote:
    :p
    I think that maybe me screaming in the beginning of Blood. lol
    :o Sorry....
    You must have been near me judging by the camera angle.
    I am so sorry about that...:o
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    Quirky note:

I have the set list in hand, and they were supposed to start with 'Sometimes', but instead opted for 'Can't Keep' at the last second, which is fine by me, cause they opened Tampa with that one already.

Also, no Ledbetter/Little Wing on the setlist. it ends with 'Fuckin' Up'

We really lucked out, and they must've really felt the energy to have come back out for one more romp like that :D
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Go Animal wrote:
    Quirky note:

I have the set list in hand, and they were supposed to start with 'Sometimes', but instead opted for 'Can't Keep' at the last second, which is fine by me, cause they opened Tampa with that one already.

Also, no Ledbetter/Little Wing on the setlist. it ends with 'Fuckin' Up'

We really lucked out, and they must've really felt the energy to have come back out for one more romp like that :D

Glad they chose cant keep over sometimes. Whats funny is the 2 songs i wanted to hear as an opener for hartford was either cant keep or breakerfall.......I GOT BOTH. Right after cant keep was breakerfall. Kind of a double opener for me. Not to mention they didnt play the song once before hartford.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09