*** Hartford Fanviews Here 6/27/2008 ***

Comments

• arriepjfarriepjf Posts: 30
    vidoeo's seem to be where my original seats were !! Thanks brings us right back.

Also agree with that permanent smile !!
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    brainofPJ wrote:
    so i haven't read through the whole thread....

but has anyone else mentioned all the d-bags cutting in line?

that was the real problem....in case people didn't know....too many people acting like they were going to will call and then slipping in the 10C line...actually from both sides.

I almost don't blame these people. I mean one look at that line should've made me made lose all sense of decency and do whatever it takes to get into that show. Instead, I waited for an hour and a half near the back of the line like a chump. I didn't actually see anyone cutting in line... as I was probably a mile away from where it was happening.

That's OK, one of these decades, I will hear In Hiding live, and I will enjoy it more than any person has ever enjoyed any song ever.
  • LROMLROM Posts: 13
    There are some undeniable truths about this whole 10c ticket mess:

1. There were a LOT of people partying in the parking lot for ages before getting their tix. For them, I don't have sympathy about the long line.

2. There were also many people who have REAL LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES that keep them from doing what most of us did, showing up at the venue between 3:00-6:30 to get tix early and take our time going in. People have jobs, kids, and a lot of people experienced 2hours + of traffic more than expected for that usual trip. Seriously folks, cut them some slack! And I say that as someone who was luckily able to take 1/2 day off work to get there early. But not everyone has that flexibility!

3. The whole ticket line- cutting thing is not only the venue's fault for not setting up clearer/better barriers between the will-call line and 10c line, but let's face it: if you were one of the people who got cut in front of and YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING, that is your fault too. I've been on so many lines when people cut and no one has the balls to say anything. I'm a short tiny woman but you can sure as hell bet I am all lungs when someone tries to cut in front of me - and I've yet to not successfully get them back OUT of the line again.

So if people cut near you and you didn't harass them until they left, that line-cutting is also on you because you allowed it, you let it pay off for them that they're selfish pricks who would cut in the first place.

4. And as much as I understand the 10c itself doesn't have tons of control over security at these venues, they COULD have set up some of the local security (or some of those hundreds of mean cops) to make sure at least people didn't cut the line. That, at least, would have not added more insult to the injury of people missing the beginning of the show, for whatever reason they arrived when they did.
    LROM wrote:
    There are some undeniable truths about this whole 10c ticket mess:

1. There were a LOT of people partying in the parking lot for ages before getting their tix. For them, I don't have sympathy about the long line.

there were just as many people partying in the lot for just as long at both Mansfield shows and there were no line problems. there was no way to expect a line like the one at Hartford.

i really had no idea people were cutting the line. that line was so fucking long, i couldn't see what was happening at the front of the line, and I'm 6'8"! all i know is i got in line 35 minutes before pearl jam got on stage, and the line barely moved at all for about 1 hour.
    i feel like a broken record, but do i have to reiterate that if you weren't in 10 Club, you did not have to wait very long to pick up your tickets?? i guess i just want to say that nobody in that 10C line deserves any criticism. i won't stand for it. i will not tolerate dissent!!
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I almost don't blame these people. I mean one look at that line should've made me made lose all sense of decency and do whatever it takes to get into that show. Instead, I waited for an hour and a half near the back of the line like a chump. I didn't actually see anyone cutting in line... as I was probably a mile away from where it was happening.

That's OK, one of these decades, I will hear In Hiding live, and I will enjoy it more than any person has ever enjoyed any song ever.
    I think saw people asking for "a light" and then casually staying with the person that gave it to them.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    This show was AMAZING!

I got there wayyyy early. Went right to ten club window.

- So glad I did.

Sorry to all that got F'd waiting so long. I knew there'd be a problem when I saw the woman take my license way over to the table and return about four and a half minutes later! YIKES!
  • jimlivesjimlives Posts: 48
    I love you Pearl Jam fans. You make the world a better place. I know! I know! It's cliche to say...but seriously...there's something about the band and the fans that flock to the band that I just love to be around and involved with.

Awesome tour!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I remember there was a huge mess at the Gorge in 06 also with people missing a good portion of the first set. I got there early at both Gorge and Hartford and had no issues I mean I was there at what 7:30 and waited about 10 mins in the line and thats it.

I just think some places it's going to happen some places it's not.. I think it's a lot to do with the venue and environment itself.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • I'm not sure about the ticket mess. I went to the venue early enough to get mine at around 4pm. There were no lines whatsoever. I think people just waited till the last minute to pick up their tickets. I went in to the venue at around 7:30pm and I wanted to stop by the 10C window and the line was soooo damn long. Anyway, my brother and I found some 10C tickets near the place where the pre-party was at (SWEET JANES). I returned them to the 10C and hopefully the peeps went there! That would suck ass to know you lost your tickets!

Anyway, I did not know what to expect from this show. I mean it's Hartford after all. There's nothing to do in damn Hartford. I must say that this show KICKED major ass. Did I mentioned that this was my Birthday show? :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! THANK YOU PEARL JAM!! I was like WOAH.. IMMORTALITY!!! I was also happy to hear SMILE! That was nice! Overall, great show!!

Also, thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy B-day! :) Especially, Evil Closet Monkey who gave me a whole dollar for my b-day! *sniff* what a guy! LOL
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    trebmal wrote:
    Here's my gripe. I just got home... yes its 4:20AM WTF..... My car freaking overheated too. Worst show ever for me....EVER. Stood in 10club line for over an hour... Missed 9 or 10 songs? Got in at Not For You (around 10:05pm?)..... I'm beyond pissed at this point more exhausted.....ugh
    Sorry to hear that happened to you...
    You missed out on an incredible show!
    It is my favorite show so far...the setlist speaks for itself! :):D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • bmackbmack Posts: 1
    This was my fouth show ever. Not much compared to some of you, but I still wear that as a badge of honor. I have some thoughts about the show and the venue.

First, every concert I have ever been to has the frat boy losers running around acting like children. I do not think Hartford is any different.

Second, I have to say, those people that showed up at 8 o'clock to get their tickets and missed some of the show, what did they expect? I am sorry that it happened but I am not surprised.

Lastly, what a great set from a great band. I am still moved by the Leash performance. Still. It is like I go through a time warp when I see these guys. It always brings me back to a great time in my life. Cheers all

Bmack

8-7-92 Great Woods
    9-11-98 MSG
    5-13-06 HTFD
    6-27-08 HTFD
  • AeroheadAerohead Posts: 4
    Sea wrote:
    Set List: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, God's Dice, All Night, Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J, Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2 (Waters), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch

Encore 1: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood/Atomic Dog(Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

Encore 2: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up (Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

This one was a bit different for me and my wife since we decided to tempt fate and bring our two kids to the show (ages 6 and 8). Since I let my 10 Club membership lapse (again?!) the only tickets I could get were lawn. My kids enjoyed Ted Leo's set but they started to get tired during the intermission before Pearl Jam started. We decided to head over to the family zone that was gated-off in the lawn near section 800, which turned out to be a good move considering how rowdy the lawn seemed to get as the night progressed. Very hard to see the stage, though. My son was completely asleep on his blanket from the second song on ... my daughter almost made it to Even Flow (one of her favorites).

I was rocking out as much as I could sitting on the lawn watching the video projection with an 8 year old sleeping on my lap, but it really didn't matter. It was a great show. I left the show with a big smile on my face ... I knew this one was something special. It's in my top 5 for sure ... now I'm waiting anxiously for the bootleg. And my kids seem to appreciate Pearl Jam a bit more now when I play them in the car, so I'm doing my part raising the next generation of fans!

I was surprised how good the sound was out on the lawn - everything sounded very clear.
    03/22/1994, 09/22/1996, 08/26/1998, 08/30/2000,
    04/18/2003, 04/21/2003, 04/22/2003, 07/03/2003,
    07/11/2003, 09/28/2004, 09/29/2004, 10/03/2005,
    06/24/2006, 06/27/2008

EV - 08/04/2008
    Ed's speech of EPA's email to congress about global warming, greenhouses, gas prices etc before "Gone" was played.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crKMnZi9z6A
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    LongRd. wrote:
    Ed's speech of EPA's email to congress about global warming, greenhouses, gas prices etc before "Gone" was played.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crKMnZi9z6A

I remember when Ed said "its not the end of the world....but i think we can fuckin see it" I completely agreed with him, and when he did say that, i thought of his daughter........Shit sucks nowadays, thats all I gotta say. I'm glad I heard him say that though, because I have been thinking the same thing for months.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • great show and setlist...last exit, in hiding, gone, immortality...coming off MSG II to this was unbelievable
    It's been about three days now since I've been aground.
  • zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    I'm listening to the official boot!!!

GODAMN did mike tear it up on leash.
    6/27/08!
    zeroenvy wrote:
    I'm listening to the official boot!!!

GODAMN did mike tear it up on leash.
    Comatose-Leash-Blood was great trifecta!
    Sad-Brain of J-Big Wave was great 3peat
    Breakerfall-Last Exit-Gods' Dice...OK it was just a great fucking show!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    LongRd. wrote:
    Sad-Brain of J-Big Wave was great 3peat
    Breakerfall-Last Exit-Gods' Dice...OK it was just a great fucking show!

there was not a bad 3peat in the entire show!
    it rocked non stop!!

i never thought i would see Comatose into leash into Blood!
    Ed must have wrecked his voice in that! but fuck me!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    LongRd. wrote:
    i thought my heart was gonna explode hearing these songs back to back. absolutely brutal.

fucking LOVED IT!

one of the best shows i've ever experienced.
  • renzorockrenzorock Posts: 59
    OK, so, I went to half of the shows on this tour:

'Roo
    Columbia
    Virginia Beach
    DC
    Mansfield 1
    Mansfield 2

Gotta say, I bought the boot today and I am FLOORED at how good this was. I was lucky to to experience the 'Roo, Mansfield 2, and Columbia (all universally praised shows). I thought DC was a classic "epic" PJ show, but not "legendary". I though VA Beach was an amazingly under-rated show (Long Road, Guaranteed, Green Disease, Sleight of Hand, maybe the best NFY ever!).

Mansfiedl 1 was my dissapointment for the tour. Good show (what PJ show isn't) but I thought the set was uninspiring, save for a few, and the band seemed somewhere else. Now I know why.

The Hartford boot is UNREAL: setlist, energy level, length of show, band vibe, etc. Ed seemed in a GREAT mood (I love the "stinky bathroom" comment) and the band was on fire. Talk about a terrific setlist: In Hiding, Brain of J, Smile, Leash, Breakerfall all in one show!!!! WOW!!!!

Out of all the shows I missed, this one feels like the shoulda, woulda, coulda form me...
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Nice!

Your shipment has been sent for Confirmation #xxxxxxxx:
    (1) Pearl Jam Summer Tour 2008 - PEARL JAM HARTFORD 6/27/08

Your package will arrive via US Mail.

For questions about your order:
    http://pearljam.kufala.com/contact

This order was referred by:
    http://www.pearljam.com/
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Nice!

Your shipment has been sent for Confirmation #xxxxxxxx:
    (1) Pearl Jam Summer Tour 2008 - PEARL JAM HARTFORD 6/27/08

Your package will arrive via US Mail.

For questions about your order:
    http://pearljam.kufala.com/contact

This order was referred by:
    http://www.pearljam.com/
    Got that message too and I am very excited. Can't wait to listen to the best show I've ever seen (of any band) on CD.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    same here!

I was really tempted to also buy the mp3 just so I could listen asap
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    You lucky dogs! I waited until the whole tour was over before I bought the Hartford CD. No email from kufala yet....

:(
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    So I called Kufala just to check on my order and make sure everything was ok. He saw the CD hadn't been shipped yet, but said he'd print out the invoice and get it shipped today!!

They rock! Great customer service! Thanks Kufala!
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
    Thinking back at that show in Hartford....all I remember was "Damn this is friggin awesome"
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I got the boot the other day. It has not left my car and won't. I remember calling my husband during daughter. He and I have a running joke about daughter. I left him a pretty insanely drunken message on his cell phone. All I can do is crack up everytime it comes on now.

Love Love LOVE In Hiding.

Brain of J, Smile, Leash, Breakerfall, Not for You, Last Exit, Garden. Just to name a few. Just Amazing that I can name 5 or 6 songs and there are another 5 or 6 songs that could easily be put in their place as hi-lights of the show. I also got to see Big Wave for the first time too.

When I got home around 3:30 or so. My husband woke up and asked me what I thought, and if I had a good time. I told him it was the best PJ show I had been to yet. Just everything about the show was great. Outside the show not so great. But once we were inside it was just a surprise to me just how the night unfolded.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    there was not a bad 3peat in the entire show!
    it rocked non stop!!

i never thought i would see Comatose into leash into Blood!
    Ed must have wrecked his voice in that! but fuck me!

epic show for the ages..

and i was there!

(cough, cough.. is that tear gas?)

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I'm SO HAPPY I was at this show....... EASILY THE BEST SHOW OF THE 5 I SAW!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09