Options

*** Camden 2 Fanviews Here 6/20/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I was at both nights...with my 124xxx, I got the 10th row Mike's side lottery the first night, and 12th row center the second. LOVED both shows...i thought the setlists were awesome, and crowds both night were incredible...that said, both shows seemed SO different from each other!! It was awesome. I took my brother to the 2nd night--his first PJ show--afterwards, he said that now he knew why i go to so many shows, and that he had no idea the energy of the band AND the crowd--he loved it :-)

cannot wait for MSG!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    klem62klem62 Posts: 26
    Went to both nights, took my 17 year-old son with me the second night. He now knows why I dig this band so much. Fan club seats the first night, VIP seats thru a friend the second, I`m friggin exhausted. Thank You PJ for giving an old man a chance to relive his youth and soothe his battered old soul. There will never be anything like a PJ show. And Thanks to all the cool people we sat around in Sec 204 Row H the firstnight and in the Snapple box the secondnight. True fans are the best. PEACE
    "You`re finally here and I`m a mess"
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    Thanks to all for the damn great reviews! Again giving me the pleasure of imagining that I was there! And that's awesome because I read so many reviews on Camden 1 and everyone thought it was a damn good show and then it's so cool to hear that Camden 2 was great too! It's awesome how these guys can stay consistent and what another great set list, I love the way they mix things up! And Eddiewouldknow, that's soooo great! I can't believe that happened to you, how cool is that Eddie got your back? Stupid security! lol....Aww must've been a kick ass moment for you...see Eddie has his fans back! Says a lot about the man :D And hey, klem62, age is nothing but a number! No such thing as an old soul, if you're listening to PJ and still rocking out then I highly doubt that's an "old soul" :P complete opposite mate! :D hehe....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    I was at both nights...with my 124xxx, I got the 10th row Mike's side lottery the first night, and 12th row center the second. LOVED both shows...i thought the setlists were awesome, and crowds both night were incredible...that said, both shows seemed SO different from each other!! It was awesome. I took my brother to the 2nd night--his first PJ show--afterwards, he said that now he knew why i go to so many shows, and that he had no idea the energy of the band AND the crowd--he loved it :-)

cannot wait for MSG!

Thats weird my number is 145XXX and i got 8th row the first night mike side, and 7th row center second night.

Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    NotoriousIMPNotoriousIMP Posts: 141
    A very good show. Just came out of my coma. The band is soooo tight this tour. Blows 06' away. My 10c # 183xxx got me row M (13th) on mikes side. Great crowd, great songs.
    Favorite parts for me was the jamming at the end of Betterman and Matt tearing it up at the end of RVM.
    And Footsteps FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

Get ready for MSG this weeks gonna be tough!!

Enjoy DC!!!
    96' Randalls island II
    98' NJ, MSG II
    00' Jones Beach I,II,III
    03' Nassau, MSG I, II
    05' Montreal, Ottawa, Borgata II
    06' NJ I, II
    08' Camden II, MSG II, Hartford, Beacon NY, Ed Ved NYC I
    09' Philly 4
    10' MSG I,II
    11' Ed Ved Hartford
    13' Chicago, Brooklyn II
    15' GCF NY
    16' Philly II, MSG I
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    Hi all, I've never been on a message board before (and i don;t know why i didn't join this years ago) but anyway, i was ordering bootlegs yesterday and decided to join and say hello.

Unfortunately i missed Camden 1, but Friday night was amazing. I love PJ fans :)
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Hi all, I've never been on a message board before (and i don;t know why i didn't join this years ago) but anyway, i was ordering bootlegs yesterday and decided to join and say hello.

Unfortunately i missed Camden 1, but Friday night was amazing. I love PJ fans :)
    Welcome to the party!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Jason P wrote:
    Welcome to the party!

Welcome to the Board! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    These two shows were the best of the tour so far.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    voorsonvoorson Posts: 7
    I had 410XXX and got section 102, 8 rows from the stage on the second night. Unbelievable show.

I am still dizzy from it. I thought night 2 was better than night 1, but that may have a lot to do with my seats!!!
  • Options
    I was there (well much further back than you) for the pre-set and Ed definately had your back! That's awesome :D

Hey there!!

:D:D You cant make this shit up!!!!

thanks...you going to DC?
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    Ohhh, Ok
    It makes a little more sense now.
    Thats amazing! I bet it just added a lot to the amazing energy friday night had.

I couldnt have asked for a better show.....well.... crown of thorns maybe ;)

THIS TOUR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Peace!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    I couldnt have asked for a better show.....well.... crown of thorns maybe ;)

THIS TOUR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Peace!

How many times have they actually played Crown of Thorns - that would be beyond sick.
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    voorson wrote:
    I had 410XXX and got section 102, 8 rows from the stage on the second night. Unbelievable show.

I am still dizzy from it. I thought night 2 was better than night 1, but that may have a lot to do with my seats!!!

You won the 10 Club lottery! Congrats!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

Welcome! Are you from Philly?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    soooo close to getting tix (even though i would have been in the waaaaay back) for this-- friend bailed b/c of plans beforehand :( i would have been beyond satisfied if i went with that setlist!! looks better than camden I anyways. now if i could just find a way to get tix for either of the msg concerts...
    young person here, just got into the magic that is pearl jam last year, never been to one of their concerts!! hopefully i will soon!!
    and question-- how long do pj shows usually last (guestamation, anyone?)
    peace & love
  • Options
    Welcome! Are you from Philly?

Thanx and yes i'm from philly!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    samjam wrote:
    soooo close to getting tix (even though i would have been in the waaaaay back) for this-- friend bailed b/c of plans beforehand :( i would have been beyond satisfied if i went with that setlist!! looks better than camden I anyways. now if i could just find a way to get tix for either of the msg concerts...
    young person here, just got into the magic that is pearl jam last year, never been to one of their concerts!! hopefully i will soon!!
    and question-- how long do pj shows usually last (guestamation, anyone?)
    peace & love

Camden 2 was about 2:10:00. MSG will probably be like 2:40:00.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,121
    I am just getting over my "Jam Over" from the 2 Camden shows. For Camden II, I invited my 15 year old Godson to attend his first show. Needless to say, he now has the PJ virus. I even hooked him up with a few boots and DVD's to check out on his ride home to Long Island. The weather again was awesome for June. Ed's pre-opener smack down with the security guard was priceless. The setlist was sick; reverse mamasan, Down, would have LOVED to hear LBC. What a great show!! Met a couple that flew in from the Netherlands to catch some of the shows, talked to them by the waterfront area. What a great time.

Question, I was behind the center about 4pm and heard a sound check, they played Severed Hand (part), Miracles(riffs), You Are(riffs), no vocals though. Just thought I would put it out there.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I went to both Camden shows and had one of the best times that I can remember. I usually travel around to see them but was only limited to my hometown (Philly) this tour. I recently had back surgery and didn't think I would make it but managed to rock my ass off both nights. I wish I was going to the garden to relive that magic of 03. I was down in the dumps becuase of the back surgery as I haven't been able to to do my usual things like exercising and bike riding and going out with friends in general. But Pearl Jam picked me up as they always do and just made me feel better about things. Pearl Jam fans are also so cool too and it's always good to be around them. Thank you fan club staff as well for helping with the tickets. Thank you so much, I love this band so much!
  • Options
    Jer1Jer1 Posts: 12
    phungi wrote:
    I was a bit bothered at first, the realized I heard 52 songs in 2 nights, 45 of which were not repeats. Tell me another band that has that set list diversity... and the 7 songs they repeated are excellent songs, ones that they like playing... I could've traded in GTF, Betterman, DTE for I God Id, Tremorchrist, and Last Exit, but it was still an amazing 2-night stand.

I agree---I can't believe any music fan would complain about SEVEN songs being the same over two nights. Are you a fan of any other bands? Check out their setlists---most bands have MUCH less variety.

I thought this was a very good, high impact show. Mike was on fire, Eddie sounded great. Not the best show I've ever seen, but another fine show from a great live band.

After reading about the crowd the first night I was expecting the worst, but I didn't think they were too bad in the seats. I wasn't on the lawn and wasn't with the main group of tailgaters, so maybe I just missed the carnage.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,116
    I was just watching this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxWyHZPV1eo
    And it reminded me that Eddie had guitar troubles at the begining of Better Man.
    Anybody know what it was?
    Did he brake a string or something?

Eddie did the windmill!!
    I completely forgot about that.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    My wife and I managed to find sitters to watch our 3 children for both Camden shows last week. This weekend was the first time we have been out alone together since last December. My 102xxx number landed the worst seats (both nights) I've ever had to any show, Pearl Jam or otherwise. I was down in front (which sounds great) in section 100, Stone's side, pushed as far right as possible for Thursday and Friday night's shows. I could see some of the stage on Thursday, but not much of anything on Friday. Fortunately on Thursday, my wife was able to move to a spot where she could see. That didn't happen on Friday. She is really short and unobtrusive, but the security people there were nasty to her. Friday night was basically ruined because our seats were literally at the exit door, three rows up from the wall on the right side of the arena. The doors kept opening and closing as security tossed people out. Pete walked in and out 100 times. A wall, speakers, amps, etc, blocked the sightline. The bad view, constant security activity and not being allowed to dance in the aisle next to our seats ruined the show. In my opinion, the setlists on both nights were the best ever played at Camden (I've been to every PJ show ever played there). It's hard to believe now that we were there. They should not sell tickets for some of the seats in that section. I'm very disappointed because this was our big weekend. It's hard to have everything come together for a night out when you have children. We made the best of it, but are still pretty heartbroken. Friday night was the third consecutive time I've been given horrible seats in that exact area of section 100. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I'm not taking another chance with the 10c if Pearl Jam ever returns to Camden. I'm going to buy tickets from Ticketmaster to back up my 10c seats. It's too late to do anything on the day of the shows after you find out where you'll be sitting...surprise! Your night is ruined. I don't expect anything spectacular from the fan club, nor do I feel I deserve "close" seats because my low number, but I do, however, feel I deserve a pair of tickets where we my wife and I can at least see the band on stage. The seats we sat in should not be sold to anyone, period. I've got one show left, Tuesday at MSG, and I'm hoping for the best.

10c, please check the sightlines at the Camden venue. Sections 100 and 103 have some very bad seats that can be deceiving on paper. They should be pulled from your mix. The woman in front of us got scammed out of $200 for her single ticket. I guess she could have bought it from a 10c member. With a section 100, row p2, seat 12, she thought she was going to be sitting in the pit. She paid $200 for the venue's blind spot. Whoever charged her $200 for that awful ticket should be thrown out of the Ten Club. I felt bad for her. She left before the main set was over.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    My wife and I managed to find sitters to watch our 3 children for both Camden shows last week. This weekend was the first time we have been out alone together since last December. My 102xxx number landed the worst seats (both nights) I've ever had to any show, Pearl Jam or otherwise. I was down in front (which sounds great) in section 100, Stone's side, pushed as far right as possible for Thursday and Friday night's shows. I could see some of the stage on Thursday, but not much of anything on Friday. Fortunately on Thursday, my wife was able to move to a spot where she could see. That didn't happen on Friday. She is really short and unobtrusive, but the security people there were nasty to her. Friday night was basically ruined because our seats were literally at the exit door, three rows up from the wall on the right side of the arena. The doors kept opening and closing as security tossed people out. Pete walked in and out 100 times. A wall, speakers, amps, etc, blocked the sightline. The bad view, constant security activity and not being allowed to dance in the aisle next to our seats ruined the show. In my opinion, the setlists on both nights were the best ever played at Camden (I've been to every PJ show ever played there). It's hard to believe now that we were there. They should not sell tickets for some of the seats in that section. I'm very disappointed because this was our big weekend. It's hard to have everything come together for a night out when you have children. We made the best of it, but are still pretty heartbroken. Friday night was the third consecutive time I've been given horrible seats in that exact area of section 100. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I'm not taking another chance with the 10c if Pearl Jam ever returns to Camden. I'm going to buy tickets from Ticketmaster to back up my 10c seats. It's too late to do anything on the day of the shows after you find out where you'll be sitting...surprise! Your night is ruined. I don't expect anything spectacular from the fan club, nor do I feel I deserve "close" seats because my low number, but I do, however, feel I deserve a pair of tickets where we my wife and I can at least see the band on stage. The seats we sat in should not be sold to anyone, period. I've got one show left, Tuesday at MSG, and I'm hoping for the best.

10c, please check the sightlines at the Camden venue. Sections 100 and 103 have some very bad seats that can be deceiving on paper. They should be pulled from your mix. The woman in front of us got scammed out of $200 for her single ticket. I guess she could have bought it from a 10c member. With a section 100, row p2, seat 12, she thought she was going to be sitting in the pit. She paid $200 for the venue's blind spot. Whoever charged her $200 for that awful ticket should be thrown out of the Ten Club. I felt bad for her. She left before the main set was over.

I was in section 100 also, with my # being 105xxx. There was one security guard who was a real asshole. My husband and i were walking up to our row as Eddie came out to do "hide your love away" we were in row B and a bunch of fans were standing in front of the row, so we just stood there too watching eddie confront the other security guard. The SG came right up to me and said, "do you have seats in this section?" I said yes and pointed to them, so he looked at me and yelled in my face, "well, get in 'em" I almost lost it but was afraid i'd get kicked out. I understand they have a job, but shit, all i did was walk up the aisle.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    The SG came right up to me and said, "do you have seats in this section?" I said yes and pointed to them, so he looked at me and yelled in my face, "well, get in 'em" I almost lost it but was afraid i'd get kicked out. I understand they have a job, but shit, all i did was walk up the aisle.

Re: security guards--the first night,m i was in section 103, on the aisle and people kept coming over and trying to stand in front of us--the SGs did a great job of keeping them out and not in everyone's way. the Sg offered us earplugs if we needed them and went out of his way to make sure everyone in our area was ok.

I was really happy about that--just becaure you're not tall or have 'bad seats" doesn't mean that you should be allowed to stand in front of others who have tickets for those seats.

• Options

cannot wait for MSG!

Thats weird my number is 145XXX and i got 8th row the first night mike side, and 7th row center second night.

Scott

Interesting! I was still happy with my seats, but I'm hearing from a lot of people that their seats were in weird places...maybe MSG will get me closer...

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I am home, (until Wednesday AM to head for MSG), and still 10 miles high from the show. Wow. WOW! I had so much fun. And everyone's already pointed it out but reverse trilogy. I think its the first time I've been at a show where they did it, so coolness! Did anyone think they messed up a *tiny* bit on the Thin Air guitar part? (Its the same part that got flubbed at Benaroya). It just sounded a *little* different for some reason and I saw Mike grin a little. It was a first for me, being on the barricade and close enough to see their faces and interplay.

What other high points? Whipping. Comatose. Severed Hand. I love those fast numbers. And to be front row for the RVM strobe part was about as good as it can get. I live for that part. The lights, the bashing, the noise!!!! And I love that they keep it going a long time.

Other funny thing - Ed's calling out all the band members' names, and then he didn't mention Boom yet, so the crowd's going BOOOOOMMM, and Ed's like 'wait, what did I do wrong? Oh! On the keyboard Boom Gaspar!'

Thank you again Shawn for giving me your extra pit ticket! (My post about this is on page 1 of this thread) I can't imagine heaven being any better than being on the barricade for Pearl Jam. It was one of the best days of my life.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I had an odd security guard situation too. Walking out of the concession/souvenir/bathroom area, you enter a walkway. Here, 2 security guards are chucking ticket stubs. I reorganized my 2 beers, big cup of water, and a t-shirt to reach in my pocket and show them my ticket. They let me in and I carefully shifted everything back into balance/carry mode.

About 15 feet later another old security guard stopped me and yelled at me to show my ticket. I was at the very top of 104. I wasnt moving down, my girlfriend was right there in our seats 20 feet from us. i told the guy i just showed my ticket, and I was at the back of the section anyways, and my hands were full. I basically got yelled at like i was the guy's 10 year-old kid.

But, I guess Id rather have tough ushers than try to deal with 6 people trying to jam into 2 seats next to me (Boston II 2004).
  • Options
    Re: security guards--the first night,m i was in section 103, on the aisle and people kept coming over and trying to stand in front of us--the SGs did a great job of keeping them out and not in everyone's way. the Sg offered us earplugs if we needed them and went out of his way to make sure everyone in our area was ok.

I was really happy about that--just becaure you're not tall or have 'bad seats" doesn't mean that you should be allowed to stand in front of others who have tickets for those seats.

Most of the security guards were fine. And i wanted to point out that no one was in seats at the time this happened. I was being polite not to disturb the fans standing in the way of me getting to my seat so they could watch Eddie introduced Ted Leo. I had just walked up the aisle, was only standing there for literally 5 seconds.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I had an odd security guard situation too. Walking out of the concession/souvenir/bathroom area, you enter a walkway. Here, 2 security guards are chucking ticket stubs. I reorganized my 2 beers, big cup of water, and a t-shirt to reach in my pocket and show them my ticket. They let me in and I carefully shifted everything back into balance/carry mode.

About 15 feet later another old security guard stopped me and yelled at me to show my ticket. I was at the very top of 104. I wasnt moving down, my girlfriend was right there in our seats 20 feet from us. i told the guy i just showed my ticket, and I was at the back of the section anyways, and my hands were full. I basically got yelled at like i was the guy's 10 year-old kid.

But, I guess Id rather have tough ushers than try to deal with 6 people trying to jam into 2 seats next to me (Boston II 2004).

I was in the back of 104 also and didn't encounter any problems. I guess this was just a randomly bad security guard.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."