Options

*** Camden 2 Fanviews Here 6/20/2008 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,937
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Set List: Severed Hand, Brain Of J, Animal, Dissident, Low Light, Down, Nothing As It Seems, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain (intro Only),Corduroy, Even Flow, Thin Air, Daughter/War (by Whitfield/Strong), Insignificance, W.M.A., Do The Evolution, Whipping, Better Man, Why Go

Encore 1: Lukin, Comatose, Given To Fly, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2: Footsteps, Once, Alive, Baba O'Riley (by Pete Townshend)

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Not to bad of a setlist.
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    Dude, are you fucking shitting me??!!! Out of 22 shows this is definitely top 5 for me!!! I'm exhausted, had such a good time tonight. Favorites for me tonight were Brain Of J, Thin Air and Footsteps. Wish they would've played LBC, but Eddy fucked up the words early and decided to quit while ahead. The rest of the show was fucking amazing, I love these guys!!!!! 4 shows down, 4 more to go....Can't wait for MSG!!! Cheers to the couple that sat next to wifey and I the past 2 nights, we were singing our hearts out together!!!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    glad to see they mixed it up.. cant wait til next weekend!
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    Not to bad of a setlist.

Ya think?
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    Had a great fucking time cant wait for msg
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    What's with the LBC intro only??
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    wow.... :D:D:D

:eek: *ass-tastic!* :eek:

*waves*
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    ShakyHandsShakyHands Posts: 26
    What's with the LBC intro only??
    Ed had a hard time distinguishing the intro from the second verse, gave up and moved on. boom came back for the encore.
    Are we getting something out of this... all encompassing trip?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Oh.my.god. :eek: Front FUCKING ROW! We already had nice 10Club seats (102 row X), and a generous soul who won the lottery, came back to where I was and INVITED ME to come up front with his extra ticket. Thank you Shawn wherever you are! He'd sat next to us last night and remembered me. My daughter who was with me was like 'go on mom'. I will never forget this as long as I live. Some years back I gave my extra 10club ticket to a person on a couple of occasions so maybe its karma come back to me! What an amazing night. It was the coolest thing ever to be that close. Seriously the coolest thing. And what a setlist. Opening with Severed Hand, ending with Baba, so many awesome songs. Whipping. Lukin. Comatose. Seeing the RVM strobe light jam at the end from front row, I can't describe it. I am so high from this. Thank you Shawn, thank you Pearl Jam!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    Nice i had front row side of stage lastnight was a great time!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    We had a great time at both nights but we had better seats tonight and in ovverall I thought the setlist was better.. Anything with NAIS, W.M.A, Footsteps and Brain of J is going to be a good show. I couldn't believe how into it the crowd has been both nights... amazing, but not a fan of Camden or the tailgate culture.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Oh.my.god. :eek: Front FUCKING ROW! We already had nice 10Club seats (102 row X), and a generous soul who won the lottery, came back to where I was and INVITED ME to come up front with his extra ticket. Thank you Shawn wherever you are! He'd sat next to us last night and remembered me. My daughter who was with me was like 'go on mom'. I will never forget this as long as I live. Some years back I gave my extra 10club ticket to a person on a couple of occasions so maybe its karma come back to me! What an amazing night. It was the coolest thing ever to be that close. Seriously the coolest thing. And what a setlist. Opening with Severed Hand, ending with Baba, so many awesome songs. Whipping. Lukin. Comatose. Seeing the RVM strobe light jam at the end from front row, I can't describe it. I am so high from this. Thank you Shawn, thank you Pearl Jam!

Guess it pays to be nice to the people who sit next to you. ;) lol. Beyond cool of him to give you the ticket instead of trying to make a quick buck. Gotta love real fans. :) Very cool of your daughter to not make you feel guilty about enjoying the experience too. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    incredible second night!! much better then the first night (which was GREAT!!) great energy! too much to say right now!
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    JaneNY wrote:

That's SO AWESOME! Glad to hear it! Karma can be rewarding!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    This is a true story.

After the first encore, while waiting for the band to come back out, I turned to my friend and said "Dude, it'd be sick if they did Footsteps, Once, Alive, in that order." I said it half jokingly, not at all expecting them to do those at all, let alone in that exact order.

Well, they came back out and did it and I fucking shit my pants. It's as if they read my mind. I must've had like a psychic connection with Ed and Stone for a split second. Amazing.

Anyway, the energy was incredible tonight. Brain Of J, Animal, Green Disease, Down, Thin Air, W.M.A., Whipping, Comatose, Footsteps, Once; these were literally all the songs I wanted to hear. Many of them were firsts for the tour. It's like they did it just for me. And then came Mamasan.

Plus, I got my poster, despite getting there around 6:50. I thought it'd be a lot harder, so I was very surprised.

Basically, this night could not've gone better. :cool:
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Great time. "Frat guys" next to my car were blaring very heavy metal, which kind of put a damper on my tailgate experience, but it turned itno a great time.

Had better seats than last night, section 104 row AA (no, not front row). The band really appeared to be placed back in the early 90's again. very up-tempo night. Many variations in the songs. I would recommend this boot for that reason. The fuck-up on LBC was great.
    Eddie hitting the beach ball a bunch of times was hilarious. He also said because beer was $12 he wanted to buy everyone a beer, then he held out two beers and said there was a 2-beer limit, and said everyone should take a sip... and passed the beers on. On Baba ORielly he was running all over the place and leaping off of stuff. Smashed the mic stand at the end. It really didnt look like he wanted to leave. For some reason he (they) really seem to love playing at Camden. Im not biased either, Im not from around here.

Really happy I saw Low Light. I love seeing it played in-person.

Much younger-looking crowd tonight. Made me nervous early on, I thought Id see a lot of testosterone and fights, but from what I saw, everyone just had a good time and was (relatively) well-behaved.

Overall, great show. May be 2nd favorite for me.
  • Options
    I never post but I gotta tell you last nite freakin rocked.
    Hard to Imagine - i think we got the better set, but you got ANIMAL and LOW Light 2 of my favorites......
    All your senses revealed.. in the moonlight....
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,363
    Not a bad show... but I definitely think Camden I was better. I think there were a lot of songs here built to suit the Friday night casual fan. But I'm not complaining. Any Pearl Jam show is a good show.

Ed's conductor cap cracked me. All aboard!!!!!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    What is this obsession with the setlist? The setlist does not make the show.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    a lot of the set and encores were more of the 'staples' tonight... but they seemed to put more oomph into the songs than usual.
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:

Ed's conductor cap cracked me. All aboard!!!!!

he looked like a less-crazy version of Les Claypool
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    sick show brain of j, down the trilogy nais amazing. better seats night 1 but the crowd was rediclious tonight. The guy in front of me got the set list and UNDONE WAS CROSSED OFF WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????? MSG HERE I COME
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    Incredible energy from the band and the crowd both nights. Quite possibly the best two-nighter in pj's camden history. Great variety in the sets, not that thats new for Pearl Jam but I do enjoy seeing them in non-album years a little more.

I seriously don't know what else I could ask for. They were rockin dead on both nights. Anyway, I am drunk, exhausted and in pain. God I love this band.
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    just got back...great show
    they did mix it up early but i was kinda expecting some more rarities towards the end, oh well.
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Aw man ... I was better off not knowing that they crossed off Undone!
    :)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The second worst show I've been to, with Hershey Park being the worst.

Hopefully DC and Boston will make up for it.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Great time. "Frat guys" next to my car were blaring very heavy metal, which kind of put a damper on my tailgate experience, but it turned itno a great time.

Had better seats than last night, section 104 row AA (no, not front row). The band really appeared to be placed back in the early 90's again. very up-tempo night. Many variations in the songs. I would recommend this boot for that reason. The fuck-up on LBC was great.
    Eddie hitting the beach ball a bunch of times was hilarious. He also said because beer was $12 he wanted to buy everyone a beer, then he held out two beers and said there was a 2-beer limit, and said everyone should take a sip... and passed the beers on. On Baba ORielly he was running all over the place and leaping off of stuff. Smashed the mic stand at the end. It really didnt look like he wanted to leave. For some reason he (they) really seem to love playing at Camden. Im not biased either, Im not from around here.

Really happy I saw Low Light. I love seeing it played in-person.

Much younger-looking crowd tonight. Made me nervous early on, I thought Id see a lot of testosterone and fights, but from what I saw, everyone just had a good time and was (relatively) well-behaved.

Overall, great show. May be 2nd favorite for me.
    crowd was young - LOTS of assholes around me - the good thing about the lawn - we moved.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    What is this obsession with the setlist? The setlist does not make the show.
    totally agreed. - tonights energy was really good. liked it better than last night. but, last night - no complaints!

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

• Options
    The second worst show I've been to, with Hershey Park being the worst.

Hopefully DC and Boston will make up for it.
    what concert were you at? #11 for me & probably up there in my top 3.

• Options
    hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55
    After an amazing show in Camden 1, I thought tonight was a perfect compliment. Not quite the same type of set list as Camden 1 was awesome but it definitely had some memorable highlights such as WMA, footsteps, lowlight and I always love to hear comatose. Went from front row in show 1 to last row of seats tonight and couldn't have been happier as I got my chance to sit close last night and i hope whoever won the lottery tonight enjoyed it as much as i did (i did move up in a few songs in of course....lol)