Options

*** Camden 2 Fanviews Here 6/20/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    I had a great time last night, but enjoyed Camden 1 more. Felt really bad about the couple parked next to us who got robbed - stole all of their tix for the next 6 shows!!! Among other things, like his passport...ugh.

Why would anyone keep all that shit in their car? I leave nothing valuable in my car. Especially in the shit hole known as Camden.
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    Why would anyone keep all that shit in their car? I leave nothing valuable in my car. Especially in the shit hole known as Camden.
    They went to straight to the show from the airport. Flew in from Austrailia and didn't make it to the show until 9:30 and forgot to lock the car!
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    What great show- 5 songs made their tour debuts if I am not mistaken, almost six with LBC but Ed screwing up the lyrics might have been th highlight of the show, and it led into a very intense version of corduroy.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    How did brain of j sound? i've only heard it once at Reading 2004, and it was amazing

this is my ideal setlist, i love it...i went to camden 1 and that was amazing, but a great crowd along with this setlist had to have been amazing

DC tomorrow!!!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,288
    scw156 wrote:
    WMA fucking rocked. That made my night.

WMA is far from being one of my favorite PJ songs, but I thought their performance of it last night was absolutely amazing.

This was my first show, so I suppose my opinion does not matter, but I was blown away. The band sounded great, the energy was incredible, the crowd around us was very well-behaved. I was thrilled that they opened with Severed Hand; from the first time I heard that song, I thought it must be great live, and I am glad I was able to see it performed first-hand. RVM is probably the closest I have come to having an out-of-body experience.

I am still wired from last night.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    kimanikimani Posts: 16
    i was at one. missed two. after seeing the setlist. i am not missing another show on this tour. that means msg 2, and boston 1 i need tickets.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    They went to straight to the show from the airport. Flew in from Austrailia and didn't make it to the show until 9:30 and forgot to lock the car!

So take it in to the show with you. It's not like it was a TV or a laptop. They could have brought tickets and a passport in easily. I don't want to say they deserved to be robbed, but it was a stupid move on their part.
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    last night was the worst of the worst lot seen i've experienced at any PJ show (i've only been to 25 so maybe you folks have had worse)...but it was capped with a guy, completely inebriated (why do friends let friends drive the auto??????)..driving no less...side swipping the jeep he was parked next to and then not even acknowledging what he did, fled the seen, and almost ran over 10-20 people in the process..he blew through the lot right when the mass exodus occurred and could have killed countless souls...it was ugly...plenty of witnesses and quick calls to 911 will hopefully have stopped this dude from causing any more harm..but WTF..

as for the camden police...people there is a simple word..it's called respect...i thought they were admirable in light of the job they were tasked to perform and could have clearly enforced the law to the letter, but only did so on a few occasions..the swarmed the lot and wrote a few tickets for underage drinking (not necessarily a bad thing) and for alcohol violations when they clearly stated to keep the booze in the lots...

Can't we all just get along???
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,288
    Someone went too fast through an intersection in Camden, caused a multi-vehicle accident -- right in front of a Camden police officer. I hope nobody was hurt.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    last night was the best energy i've ever seen at that venue. me and amentschick were rocking out...probably harder than i ever had! they played a really energized set...loved hearing comatose again, the reverse trilogy...all abooooooard! great night.

also great meeting comebackgirl, zoso, xavier mcdaniel, "mookie with all the 9's" (haha), chromiam, phantom pain...others i'm probably forgetting....and seeing old friends again...

only complaint is the parking lot. seriously, how hard is it to clean up after yourself? broken glass everywhere. also saw someone side swipe the car next to them when pulling out and just keep going. the crowd is the best inside the venue and the worst outside. plus it took over an hour just to get out of our parking spot!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Solat13 wrote:
    I still can't think coherently right now. I got to the venue around 4:30 to meet up with Chromiam and his gf dreamin'incolor and her sister. Got a text from Chrom saying that his gf had won the lottery and got front row in front of Jeff. So I go over and pick my tix up with two of my good friends shoetheshoeless and colorsblend and I get to the ticket window and as I'm signing the envelope to get my tix - all I see is Pit Row B on the tix and I'm like Holy Shit I won the lottery. As 212xxx I was expecting back of the 100 section and I got this grin on my face that rivaled the Kool Aid man's. I could barely speak to my friends who had just gotten their tix too including Amentschick, Xavier Mcdaniel, and nfanel after getting my tix. I can't believe I had won the lottery. Words can't describe that feeling when you see you are one of the lucky ones. I was an incoherent mess and was just smiling ear to ear.

So I get to my seats with Chrom and we realize that row 1 is shorter than row 2 and that we were going to be on the rail in front of Stone for the show.

I just can't describe the feeling that you feel getting to be upfront like that right now.

So many highlights - reverse trilogy, Thin Air, Lowlight, Baba, seeing Jeff run around like a mad man, interacting with Stone and being part of anothing amazing crowd again like last night.

I just can't believe what an amazing night it was and I want to thank the band and ten club for providing with an experience I'll never forget.

Fucking amazing Joe! Congrats!!

See you all next week.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    wow that is awesome! you must be really really hot! jk!
    JaneNY wrote:
    Oh.my.god. :eek: Front FUCKING ROW! We already had nice 10Club seats (102 row X), and a generous soul who won the lottery, came back to where I was and INVITED ME to come up front with his extra ticket. Thank you Shawn wherever you are! He'd sat next to us last night and remembered me. My daughter who was with me was like 'go on mom'. I will never forget this as long as I live. Some years back I gave my extra 10club ticket to a person on a couple of occasions so maybe its karma come back to me! What an amazing night. It was the coolest thing ever to be that close. Seriously the coolest thing. And what a setlist. Opening with Severed Hand, ending with Baba, so many awesome songs. Whipping. Lukin. Comatose. Seeing the RVM strobe light jam at the end from front row, I can't describe it. I am so high from this. Thank you Shawn, thank you Pearl Jam!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    WOW! thats all I can say...Great show, great songs, Nice meeting Foxy Mop and the peeps from the fundraiser. What was up with that LBC tease? I was hoping theyd play that whole song. See you in DC!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    everything about that venue seems near perfect except for a few things

the neighborhood that is Camden.
    The parking lots and setup is great. Real close to the venue and very condusive to tailgating. However, there is almost nowhere to dispose of rubbish. I always bring a garbage bag, but if I didnt, I dont know what the hell Id do. I can see why it gets messy.

But with everything being so fine there, the setup for leaving is absolutely fucked. There is no rhyme or reason and the arteries to get out are reduced to nothing.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    How did brain of j sound? i've only heard it once at Reading 2004, and it was amazing

this is my ideal setlist, i love it...i went to camden 1 and that was amazing, but a great crowd along with this setlist had to have been amazing

DC tomorrow!!!!!

it sounded fantastic my friend. fantastic. Jeagler Approved indeed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    over_bends wrote:
    I'll tell you this right now... yesterday was the better setlist, tonight was the better show. Much better crowd too, I thought.
    Totally agree!!
    I have never seen a crowd in Camden so pumped like I did the last two nights.
    Fucking awesome time all the way around.
    Pearl Jam delivers once again......thanks guys. ;)
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    The show was great. Lowlight, WMA, Thin Air, and Why Go are all songs I hadn't seen live before. Mike was his usual incredible self and Stone tore up the solos on Brain of J and DTE. The lawn was packed more than I've ever seen before. I guess people decided to travel a bit since there are fewer shows and cities on this tour. Next time I'll make sure to use my fan club priveleges for seats.

The only thing I didn't like was that the venue doesn't seem to know what it allows and what it doesn't. The live nation website says you can bring 1 sealed bottle of water per person and a small beach chair. Neither were allowed, so I had to dump my water at the gate. Luckily, I decided to leave the chairs I borrowed from my parents in my car or those would've been lost, too.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I thought night 1 was a little better of a setlist, but dont get me wrong it rocked its ass off. For me night 1 provided me with more " firsts " like all night, u, light years, who you are. night 2 provided a couple such as WMA and thin air. Im really looking forward to DC and know well get a good show either way. Really looking forward to getting that DC poster!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131
    Great show last night, But alot of technical problems Jeff had bass problems for most of the first set and then Mccready's guitar went from really loud to very low. You saw them talking to each other about the problems.Glad they played brain of J, whipping and insignificance. See ya guys tuesday.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Options
    so as solat13 said...i was one of the lucky ones!!! couldn't believe it-got my tickets and was staring at them...trying to figure out what p1 stood for-me trying not to get my hopes up was staring at my seat number thinking row 17...of course it was seat 17...the girl at the counter was like do you know where your tickets are?! haha...she had to tell me!! total shock! never knew i was so lucky!!!............so anyway our (me and my sister-total dream come true!!) seats were directly in front of jeff's mic stand....so half way between ed and mike....i think an awesome place to be-had soooooooooooooooooo much fun watching mike-he makes you feel so welcome!!! and of course ed-intense eyes!......got a sip of the beer ed bought for the crowd:) just still processing it all right now....maybe i'll post more later!
    An incredible night!!!! great setlist too-i lost track of where we were during the show-just sooo cool!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    jimbee wrote:
    last night was the worst of the worst lot seen i've experienced at any PJ show (i've only been to 25 so maybe you folks have had worse)...but it was capped with a guy, completely inebriated (why do friends let friends drive the auto??????)..driving no less...side swipping the jeep he was parked next to and then not even acknowledging what he did, fled the seen, and almost ran over 10-20 people in the process..he blew through the lot right when the mass exodus occurred and could have killed countless souls...it was ugly...plenty of witnesses and quick calls to 911 will hopefully have stopped this dude from causing any more harm..but WTF..

as for the camden police...people there is a simple word..it's called respect...i thought they were admirable in light of the job they were tasked to perform and could have clearly enforced the law to the letter, but only did so on a few occasions..the swarmed the lot and wrote a few tickets for underage drinking (not necessarily a bad thing) and for alcohol violations when they clearly stated to keep the booze in the lots...

Can't we all just get along???

Soooooooooo.........anyway how was the show ?

Why do people focus on so many things in a PARKING LOT and bitch about it ?

Every crowd has assholes......I'm not going to let that ruin my night
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    went to both camden shows. night one was good. set was amazing with a lot of stuff i was really happy to hear. night two was also really good, and the crowd was definitely more into it and the band seemed more "on" as well. however, does anyone else have the same "complaint" as I do? They played SEVEN songs on both night 1 & night 2!!! Of course we're gonna hear evenflow every night - I get it. but then they opened night 2 w/ sev. hand after just playing it the night before. then corduroy,DTE, betterman, why go, and G2F all were played again on night 2. didn't I just hear those on night 1?? just strange to hear the boys replay so many songs on back to back nights in the same venue. dont get me wrong, I loved night 2. Just wondering if any one else was bothered by 1/4 of the setlist being the same songs as the night before?

I was a bit bothered at first, the realized I heard 52 songs in 2 nights, 45 of which were not repeats. Tell me another band that has that set list diversity... and the 7 songs they repeated are excellent songs, ones that they like playing... I could've traded in GTF, Betterman, DTE for I God Id, Tremorchrist, and Last Exit, but it was still an amazing 2-night stand.
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    hey dreamin'incolor, i was right beside you! i was the little guy in the glasses goin crazy the whole show,haha.

me and my best friend who i go to all shows with won the lottery last night. i walked down to the box office by myself leaving him back in the lot waiting for some friends. never did i actually believe that we would get front row, and WOW,pit-p1 right inbetween jeff and ed. experience of a life time, set was great, awsome energy from the band, i got to grab a sip of the beer ed bought us! and i swear mike winked at me, making me melt like a school girl(he also threw me a pick too) my buddy was taking a picture during the show and ed pointed directly in the picture(turned out blurry haha but we dont care) we rocked out as hard as we could,i even knocked my own glasses off and had to get security to pick them up for me, im extremely sore from jumpin up and down, and would like to thank the guy standing beside me for being so cool and not caring that i bumped into him a couple of times, and the highlight of the night was at the end when me and my buddy were pointin at stone, and he looked at us like, "what do you want? my hat?" and took his hat off like he was gonna give it to us, smiled and walked away,haha
    thank you ten club for the lottery, it really is an awsome thing giving fans like us a chance that we would normally would not have.i will never forget this show and i hope i wasnt too crazy for the folks around me.
    see ya sunday!
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • Options
    I forgot to mention Ed wearing the conductor's hat during RVM. I'm sure at least one other person mentioned it, but I haven't read the entire thread. If there's a DVD of anything from this tour, that has to make it on there somewhere.
  • Options
    Awesome show...much more intense then night 1 !

I loved the setlist tonight..great flow of the songs...Also hearing Lowlight my wife loves that song

Got to meet nfanel and Amentschick before the show..very cool

The crowd around me was a controlled chaos I would say...people freaking but not getting in anyone else's space

I was Sec 101 row G a few rows closer then the night before

• Options
    imfaithful wrote:
    hey dreamin'incolor, i was right beside you! i was the little guy in the glasses goin crazy the whole show,haha.

me and my best friend who i go to all shows with won the lottery last night. i walked down to the box office by myself leaving him back in the lot waiting for some friends. never did i actually believe that we would get front row, and WOW,pit-p1 right inbetween jeff and ed. experience of a life time, set was great, awsome energy from the band, i got to grab a sip of the beer ed bought us! and i swear mike winked at me, making me melt like a school girl(he also threw me a pick too) my buddy was taking a picture during the show and ed pointed directly in the picture(turned out blurry haha but we dont care) we rocked out as hard as we could,i even knocked my own glasses off and had to get security to pick them up for me, im extremely sore from jumpin up and down, and would like to thank the guy standing beside me for being so cool and not caring that i bumped into him a couple of times, and the highlight of the night was at the end when me and my buddy were pointin at stone, and he looked at us like, "what do you want? my hat?" and took his hat off like he was gonna give it to us, smiled and walked away,haha
    thank you ten club for the lottery, it really is an awsome thing giving fans like us a chance that we would normally would not have.i will never forget this show and i hope i wasnt too crazy for the folks around me.
    see ya sunday!

You were so much fun to watch and be by-ed enjoyed you!!! i was two people down from you...your friend then my sister then me:)....i saw your glasses go flying off! i also have bruises on my arms from the barricade!!.....i thought stone was looking at me before i realized he was talking to you and your friend:p
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Didn't change a thing for me.
    but ed doesn't give a fuck what you think. and you don't make the set lists.
  • Options
    This was my second PJ show i have seen (the first Camden 1)...i couldnt have been more pleased with the set list they played. They played every song i wanted to hear (i was screamin out every song)...im SO HAPPY i went and got tickets for the second night. They have always been my favorite band and now i cant get enough!!!

I would really like to get a copy of tonights show. ..im assuming thats what the bootlegs are?!?!........if someone could help me out and point me in the right dirrection of getting them that would be awesome!
  • Options
    alive6750 wrote:
    This was my second PJ show i have seen (the first Camden 1)...i couldnt have been more pleased with the set list they played. They played every song i wanted to hear (i was screamin out every song)...im SO HAPPY i went and got tickets for the second night. They have always been my favorite band and now i cant get enough!!!

I would really like to get a copy of tonights show. ..im assuming thats what the bootlegs are?!?!........if someone could help me out and point me in the right dirrection of getting them that would be awesome!

Welcome !

Here you go :

Fans/Friends/Customers:

Pearl Jam is pleased to present the anticipated bootleg program available for the 2008 US tour, made-to-order with mobile, digital and CD options.

The plan is to expand the bootleg program for the upcoming 2008 tour to include three different options for fans seeking to obtain bootleg recordings of the live shows. High-quality digital downloads and burn-to-order CDs of the entire show will be available following each show date exclusively via the Ten Club, at http://www.pearljam.com. In addition, mobile bootlegs of three live tracks per show will be released following the show on V CAST Music phones and at http://www.pearljamconcerts.com through Verizon Wireless.

Pearl Jam's twelve-date 2008 U.S. Tour kicks off June 11th in West Palm Beach and wraps up on June 30th in Boston. For a full list of Pearl Jam's tour dates and more detailed information on the bootleg program, please visit http://www.pearljam.com.

Also ... check out our new friends over at Buzznet.com (http://http://www.buzznet.com/tags/pearljam/) for updates on the current Pearl Jam tour.

Enjoy the ride!

10club staff

• Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    JaneNY wrote:
    Oh.my.god. :eek: Front FUCKING ROW! We already had nice 10Club seats (102 row X), and a generous soul who won the lottery, came back to where I was and INVITED ME to come up front with his extra ticket. Thank you Shawn wherever you are! He'd sat next to us last night and remembered me. My daughter who was with me was like 'go on mom'. I will never forget this as long as I live. Some years back I gave my extra 10club ticket to a person on a couple of occasions so maybe its karma come back to me! What an amazing night. It was the coolest thing ever to be that close. Seriously the coolest thing. And what a setlist. Opening with Severed Hand, ending with Baba, so many awesome songs. Whipping. Lukin. Comatose. Seeing the RVM strobe light jam at the end from front row, I can't describe it. I am so high from this. Thank you Shawn, thank you Pearl Jam!

sweet!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...