Options

*** Camden 2 Fanviews Here 6/20/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    went to both camden shows. night one was good. set was amazing with a lot of stuff i was really happy to hear. night two was also really good, and the crowd was definitely more into it and the band seemed more "on" as well. however, does anyone else have the same "complaint" as I do? They played SEVEN songs on both night 1 & night 2!!!

Wait ... you think seven songs is A LOT of repeats? Holy fuck.

From my perspective, they ONLY played seven repeats.

What the hell?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Welcome !

Here you go :

Fans/Friends/Customers:

Pearl Jam is pleased to present the anticipated bootleg program available for the 2008 US tour, made-to-order with mobile, digital and CD options.

The plan is to expand the bootleg program for the upcoming 2008 tour to include three different options for fans seeking to obtain bootleg recordings of the live shows. High-quality digital downloads and burn-to-order CDs of the entire show will be available following each show date exclusively via the Ten Club, at http://www.pearljam.com. In addition, mobile bootlegs of three live tracks per show will be released following the show on V CAST Music phones and at http://www.pearljamconcerts.com through Verizon Wireless.

Pearl Jam's twelve-date 2008 U.S. Tour kicks off June 11th in West Palm Beach and wraps up on June 30th in Boston. For a full list of Pearl Jam's tour dates and more detailed information on the bootleg program, please visit http://www.pearljam.com.

Also ... check out our new friends over at Buzznet.com (http://http://www.buzznet.com/tags/pearljam/) for updates on the current Pearl Jam tour.

Enjoy the ride!

10club staff

so do i have to be a ten club member to get the high quality cds?...cause thats kinda what it sounds like (but which is totally cool cause its time i became a member)
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    alive6750 wrote:
    so do i have to be a ten club member to get the high quality cds?...cause thats kinda what it sounds like (but which is totally cool cause its time i became a member)

you just buy them out of the goods section here, like you would buy a T-shirt or sticker or whatever ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    you just buy them out of the goods section here, like you would buy a T-shirt or sticker or whatever ...

cool thanks alot!
  • Options
    I was there last night - LOVED it. closing w/ Baba!!!

anyone have pics of the poster?
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    alive6750 wrote:
    This was my second PJ show i have seen (the first Camden 1)...i couldnt have been more pleased with the set list they played. They played every song i wanted to hear (i was screamin out every song)...im SO HAPPY i went and got tickets for the second night. They have always been my favorite band and now i cant get enough!!!

I would really like to get a copy of tonights show. ..im assuming thats what the bootlegs are?!?!........if someone could help me out and point me in the right dirrection of getting them that would be awesome!

welcome to the addiction.
  • Options
    shackles31shackles31 Posts: 26
    Just got back home from Camden 2. I have to say that I was in awe most of the night for the simple fact that there wasn't a soul in front of me.....except Mr. Mike McCready. Wow what a show. Awesome setlist, so much energy from both the band and the fans. My first trip to Camden will be one I will never forget. Thanks 10C.(307XXX) And thanks to Andrew for being there to take it all in with me....dude I never thought we would be that close. I will send pics. Keep in touch.
  • Options
    Didn't change a thing for me.

I think the reverse Mamasan was fucking amazing. Especially for the second encore. It brings you out of the hole and leaves you on a rocking note especially Alive into Baba. God Damn.

If Ed has a different take on a song now, so be it. Besides if it wasn't for Ed explaining the Mamasan trilogy you wouldn't have a clue what they were about or how they went together in the first place.

Whatever, it was the highlight of the night for me.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    me too.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    snipes824 wrote:
    but ed doesn't give a fuck what you think.

and visa versa

Besides if it wasn't for Ed explaining the Mamasan trilogy you wouldn't have a clue what they were about or how they went together in the first place.

Neither would you or anyone else and it wouldn't even be known as Mamasan Trilogy. All I was saying in the original post was it's not Mamasan it's a Jumbled (reverse) Mamasan. I also said that it was very nice. I got the reverse in Jersey 6-1-2006. It was nice, but still not the true Mamasan. Some of you people really need to settle down.
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    We'll I had a great time last night with my fiance (who witnessed her 2nd PJ show ever -- first being Camden I). She's stoked and certainly helps our marriage knowing what she's got to put up with when it comes to my PJ addiction. Anyway, the first night we were up on the lawn. Great spot up there, but lotsa out-of-control drunks including some jerk who pissed all over the place in the crowd. So having 10C seats for this show was already a big upgrade from the previous night. I would have loved if they played till 11:45 like the previous night. But overall, I had a blast at this show. I loved both nights just as much. Correct me if I'm wrong (probably lotsa threads on this, too), but has Even Flow become their big bathroom/beer break song? I actually had to go to the bathroom during LBC/Corduroy and as I returned to my seats, Even Flow began and I was being overrun by PJ fans heading for the bathroom (or the bar)! Regardless, we came out here from Cali and we really enjoyed our stay here in the Philly area for these shows. Last night, we ditched the friendly confines and traffic jams of parking on the Camden side, and took the Riverlink Ferry from the Penn's Landing side. It actually was cheaper, the parking lot (and PJ fans were tailgating there) was cleaner, and we had a nice meal on a big clipper ship. Looking forward to coming back here in the future, but from a financial perspective -- please Pearl Jam play the West Coast on your next tour!!!!!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    edpearson wrote:
    We'll I had a great time last night with my fiance (who witnessed her 2nd PJ show ever -- first being Camden I). She's stoked and certainly helps our marriage knowing what she's got to put up with when it comes to my PJ addiction. Anyway, the first night we were up on the lawn. Great spot up there, but lotsa out-of-control drunks including some jerk who pissed all over the place in the crowd. So having 10C seats for this show was already a big upgrade from the previous night. I would have loved if they place till 11:45 like the previous night. But overall, I had a blast at this show. I loved both nights just as much. Correct me if I'm wrong (probably lotsa threads on this, too), but has Even Flow become their big bathroom/beer break song? I actually had to go to the bathroom during LBC/Corduroy and as I returned to my seats, Even Flow began and I was being overrun w/ PJ fans! Regardless, we came out here from Cali and we really enjoyed our stay here in the Philly area for these shows. Last night, we ditched the friendly confines and traffic jams of parking on the Camden side, and took the Riverlink Ferry from the Penn's Landing side. It actually was cheaper, the parking lot (and PJ fans were tailgating there) was cleaner, and we had a nice meal on a big clipper ship. Looking forward to coming back here in the future, but from a financial perspective -- please Pearl Jam play the West Coast on your next tour!!!!!

How much is parking by the Penn's Landing ferry? I'd consider doing that and then taking the ferry over just to avoid the traffic and closed off streets in Camden on the way to the Turnpike.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    ShoeTheShoelessShoeTheShoeless Long Island, NY Posts: 40
    hey friends!

i RARELY come on the board anymore....but i just had to pop in to say that for those of you who havent seen shows yet on this tour, you are in for an AMAZING time!!!!
    the last 2 nights have been fucking phenomenal. :)

thanks 10c for taking care of the fans!
    wide awake & reaching out....

50th show @ Fenway 8/5/16!!!
    1996: 9/28 ~~ 1998: 9/10 ~~ 2000: 8/24 ~~ 2003: 4/30, 7/2, 7/3, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/11, 7/14 ~~ 2004: 9/28, 9/29, 10/1, 10/2 ~~
    2005: 9/15, 9/16, 10/3 ~~ 2006: 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/2 ~~ 2008: 6/19, 6/20, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30 ~~
    2009: 10/27, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31 ~~ 2010: 5/15, 5/17, 5/18, 5/20, 5/21 ~~ 2013: 10/18, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22 ~~
    2016: 4/28, 4/19, 5/1, 5/2, 8/5, 8/7
  • Options
    Neither would you or anyone else and it wouldn't even be known as Mamasan Trilogy.

I wasn't implying that I would.

All I was saying in the original post was it's not Mamasan it's a Jumbled (reverse) Mamasan. I also said that it was very nice. I got the reverse in Jersey 6-1-2006. It was nice, but still not the true Mamasan. Some of you people really need to settle down.

Ha. Dude I'm settled. You're the one hung up on the "true" version, I'm just saying the reversed version works perfectly well as a second encore especially understanding Ed's new take on "Alive."
  • Options
    leash meleash me Posts: 4
    Ten Club seats much better for Camden II. Wifey and I had an amazing experience both nights. 6/20 was my B-Day! Nothing better than seeing the best band on earth on your birthday. Before the show, wifey got the people around us to sing me Happy Birthday. Thanks to those that participated. You Rock!

They came our rocking tonight. Shorter show, but packed with energy.

Camden I's 1st Encore kicked ass, and Camden II' 2nd Encore with the Reverse MAMASAN was a treat.

Can't wait for Mansfield II. Any chance of an acoustic pre-set that night?????
    Camden, NJ II (98)
    Camden, NJ I (00)
    Camden, NJ II (00
    Spectrum, PA (03)
    State College, PA (03)
    Camden, NJ I (03)
    Camden, NJ II (03)
    VFC Reading, PA (04)
    PNC Park, PA ('05) - open for the Rolling Stones
    Borgata, NJ II (05)
    Philadelphia, PA (05)
    Cleveland, OH (06)
    Camden, NJ I (06)
    E. Rutherford, NJ I (06)
    E. Rutherford, NJ II (06)
    LA Forum, CA I (06)
    LA Forum, CA II (06)
    Camden, NJ I (08)
    Camden, NJ II (08)
    Mansfield, MA II (08)
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    How much is parking by the Penn's Landing ferry? I'd consider doing that and then taking the ferry over just to avoid the traffic and closed off streets in Camden on the way to the Turnpike.

The parking lot sign said $15, but I gave the guy a $20 and he gave me back a $10. So either he made an error, or the price really is $10 despite what the sign said. The price for a round-trip ferry ticket is $6. The wait for the ferry isn't that long from the Penn's Landing side, however as soon as the show was over, we headed back to the ferry. There was a long line and we were on the 2nd ferry. We probably waited about 45-minutes in the line. Still better than the wait to get out of the Camden parking lots and streets from the other night!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    Both nights were great!!! I enjoyed the second night better. Thank you Pearl Jam and 10C. See you in DC!!! :D
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    edpearson wrote:
    The parking lot sign said $15, but I gave the guy a $20 and he gave me back a $10. So either he made an error, or the price really is $10 despite what the sign said. The price for a round-trip ferry ticket is $6. The wait for the ferry isn't that long from the Penn's Landing side, however as soon as the show was over, we headed back to the ferry. There was a long line and we were on the 2nd ferry. We probably waited about 45-minutes in the line. Still better than the wait to get out of the Camden parking lots and streets from the other night!

definitely, there's a lot of signs that are hard to miss in camden.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    WOW! Great Fucking Sh0000W

Amazing setlist, And i know i said the crowd at Camden 1 was great, it was no comparison to Camden 2, everyone was insane. i thought the place was going to fall down During Baba OReily, people were going F'ing Nuts. and the band loved every minute of it. i actually got chills the Audience was so freakin Loud .
    I never complain about my seats because im always just happy to be there, but my seats at Camden 2 were twenty times better than night 1. TY 10c. when i first got the tix, I saw 104 row AA and thought front row, but soon realized they werent, but they were stilll very awesome seats, very happy.

out of both Camden shows they played 46 different songs, with only 7 repeats between the nights, Thats amazing, and such an eclected mix of great tunes through out their entire career

Some highlights for me Were: Brain of J, low light, Mamasan Trilogy, and my favorite part of the show-

W.M.A.!!!!!!!!!!! wow it was fucking spectacular!!!. its one of my favorite songs and i was sooooo happy they played it in its entirety. it made my entire night
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    STOP THE NONSENSE ALREADY!!! I can't believe you 2 are actually arguing about this. Please PM each other if you wish to continue.

Thanks!
    I wasn't implying that I would.

Ha. Dude I'm settled. You're the one hung up on the "true" version, I'm just saying the reversed version works perfectly well as a second encore especially understanding Ed's new take on "Alive."
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    jchais01 wrote:
    STOP THE NONSENSE ALREADY!!! I can't believe you 2 are actually arguing about this. Please PM each other if you wish to continue.

Thanks!

It's not an argument, it's a discussion. That's what message boards are for, discussing things. If you don't like it go find another thread.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    It's not an argument, it's a discussion. That's what message boards are for, discussing things. If you don't like it go find another thread.
    As a matter of fact, this particular thread is for FANVIEWS ONLY. Recaps of the show. Personal experiences.
    Not bickering/conversing/arguing/discussing or whatever else you want to call it.

Now carry on with the FANVIEWS, folks! :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Dirty FredDirty Fred Posts: 10
    13PJ13 wrote:
    As a matter of fact, this particular thread is for FANVIEWS ONLY. Recaps of the show. Personal experiences.
    Not bickering/conversing/arguing/discussing or whatever else you want to call it.

Uh oh.
    Watch out folks. The message board Policewoman is here.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Hey. No offense or anything(trust me, even though I've been to a lot of shows...I'm not a fanatic or anything; just really love pearl jam and go to a few shows each time they tour my area), but given these are the first concerts you're going to I'm going to assume you don't grasp the "fascination" with the setlists. No pearl jam show is a bad show, but a show with a "better" setlist can set it apart from others. Just not to obsess about though. But given they have so many damn good songs it's hard to have a bad concert experience. That and given the fact they f-in rock out every concert.

I can understand the obsession. But as soon as people see a setlist they don't like they automatically say the concert sucked. It's just not true.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Oh, and, they should seriously record the new W.M.A. It's fucking awesome with those chords in the beginning. It kind of gives it a nostalgic touch, like an old classic revamped. And then the chorus fucking rocks. They should release it as a B side for a single from the new record.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I can understand the obsession. But as soon as people see a setlist they don't like they automatically say the concert sucked. It's just not true.

I just can't believe the way people obsess over whether or not a setlist was good or not...lol. If there is one hugely negative thing about the fact that the band varies their sets so much, it is this.

It would serve some of these folks well to get a new hobby.
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Oh, and, they should seriously record the new W.M.A. It's fucking awesome with those chords in the beginning. It kind of gives it a nostalgic touch, like an old classic revamped. And then the chorus fucking rocks. They should release it as a B side for a single from the new record.

It was awesome to hear w.m.a. I never was crazy about that song, but loved hearing it last night.
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:

WTF?

My PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of the Mamasan trilogy was as much, if not more, a part of the show as the goings on in the parking lot. My FANVIEW is: the reverse version of Mamasan works wonderfully as a second encore into Baba.

Get off your high horse.

A messeage board is used for conversing, and discussing...as well as bickering and arguing.

Welcome to the internets.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Solat13 wrote:
    Still can't sleep ... lol

Here are some pics from tonight:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2025.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2028.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2016.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2017.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2020.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2021.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2011.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2032.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2034.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2039.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2040.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2051.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2053.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2055.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2069.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2071.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2074.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/solat13/Pearl%20Jam%20Camden%202008/Camden%20Night%202/PJCamden2079.jpg

Great pics!
    Thanks for posting these, I didnt get to take that many from where I was sitting.
    It was really nice meeting :D

Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    A song about incest is a positive outlook?

Um, Ok.

watching storytellers will answer your questions.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV