Options

*** Camden 2 Fanviews Here 6/20/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    and visa versa
    what's your point? i never pretended like what i thought mattered. you did.
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    The second worst show I've been to, with Hershey Park being the worst.

Hopefully DC and Boston will make up for it.

thats odd... thats how i feel, hershey and all. but they played some songs im glad i finally got to hear. if you take footsteps and wma out....i hate to say it but i think id have passed on the show. rvm was awesome too, but i dont know this show didnt do much for me.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Great pics!
    Thanks for posting these, I didnt get to take that many from where I was sitting.
    It was really nice meeting :D

Urs,

Thanks! It was really great meeting you as well. I still can't believe what a magical night last night was.

I'm not sure when it will sink in.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    watching storytellers will answer your questions.

I've seen it. Thanks for caring though.
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    snipes824 wrote:
    what's your point? i never pretended like what i thought mattered. you did.

You said that EDDIE didn't care what I thought. The visa versa was because I don't care what Eddie thinks.
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    I loved the set list. Got the same seats as night one. 75xxx put us dead center 5th row.....fucking awesome. Gotta thank the guy next to me for smoking me up both nights. PJ shows are best when baked....When the boys started to play Baba I looked to my gf and told her I was going to get a tamborine. 20 seconds later Ed threw the first one right to me. That was unbelievable. My new greatest PJ item. WMA was awesome. Also Lukin, Brain of J, NAIS, Comatose....brilliant.

Camden is still a shit-hole, but for two days, every two years, it is the best place on Earth.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I dont usually write reviews after the show because I'm not all that great at them...

This was my third show for this tour and it was a very special one.
    I saw the setlist for the last (which I didn't attend, since I flew in from Florida on Friday morning) and I was literally floored to see In Hiding on the setlist :eek: being that In Hiding is my favorite song...

I had tickets for the second night through TM as this was a late addition to my plans though the seats weren't THAT bad there were just kinda far back on section 201 but towards the center.
    I thought the show was AMAZING! the energy of the crowd was out of control...I can only imagine what the energy felt like in the front sections, never mind the first couple of rows OMG! they were jumping as if that was the last chance they had to see the band ever.. LOL - it was great!!!

W.M.A was SO GREAT! specially because I hadn't heard that song live since the Atlanta 1994, so that blew my mind away...

If there was song I was really hoping to hear live this tour it was Brain of J and that was awesome!!!!

The reverse Mamasan Trilogy was a nice treat :D I was praying it wouldn't be YL to close the night as I had gotten Alive/YL for a closer for both WPB and Tampa, I was thrilled to get Baba! and the crowd OH MY!! they were sooooo ON!

It was a great show, though the biggest highlight of my day was meeting some wonderful friends face to face for the first time!

Michelle (roacknrollgurl) & Rob .. I cant even start to tell you guys how AMAZING it was to meet you guys and hang out with you, the day would have not been the same without your hospitality!

Seeing 5against1 perform was really really GREAT! We loved them I hope we get to catch a full show sometime in the future....

It was just such a great day at the Tailgate and the show was the perfect ending!

:D

~Urs~
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    nflgirlnflgirl Posts: 7
    Hey all - newbie here. This are some great reviews, one thing I don't see is the start and end time - what is the average length of show? Thanks!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    nflgirl wrote:
    Hey all - newbie here. This are some great reviews, one thing I don't see is the start and end time - what is the average length of show? Thanks!
    Well, based on the setlist so far, it seems like we're getting between 25-27 songs per show. About 2 encores sometimes 3...
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Did anyone else think they were going to keep playing besides me?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Did anyone else think they were going to keep playing besides me?
    Yeah...I thought they might be doing longer sets into about 30 songs or so b/c it's a short tour but they're not.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Apparently, you missed my point. A few people tried to turn this thread into an argument, and I was pointing out to the person who said "if you don't like it, find another thread" that this very specific thread is started by Sea/Kat purely to relate our experiences of the show. Not to bicker about the setlist quality or whateverthefuck they were arguing in the first place.
    I have no issues when people do this anywhere else on the board. But when these threads get sidetracked, as I have now been a part of (unwillingly), it detracts from the main event.
    No high horse here. Just thought it'd be nice to have one single thread without arguments.
    Again I say, carry on folks.
    WTF?

My PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of the Mamasan trilogy was as much, if not more, a part of the show as the goings on in the parking lot. My FANVIEW is: the reverse version of Mamasan works wonderfully as a second encore into Baba.

Get off your high horse.

A messeage board is used for conversing, and discussing...as well as bickering and arguing.

Welcome to the internets.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Solat13 wrote:
    I still can't believe what a magical night last night was.

I'm not sure when it will sink in.

Still hasn't sunk in almost 24 hours later... just fucking unbelievable. Can't express how wonderful and amazing the show was. First, walking to the 10C ticket line with my g/f (dreamin'incolor) and seeing her poker face as she tells me her and her sister are sitting 1st row. And then laughingly telling Solat to go pick up his 2nd row tickets for us only to watch his Kool Aid smiling ass walk across the parking lot and knowing that something was up. Unreal....

As for the show, the band was ready to go out of the gate, firing off songs left and right with nearly a pause till Ed flubs LBC (which I was hoping to hear) and then continuing a great opening set which I thought was never going to end.

Just an amazing time and I just have to thank the 10C for allowing fans the opportunity to experience the show from up front, to Joe for sharing his extra with me, and to all those around us in the "1st row" who made the experience even more enjoyable and actually seemed as thrilled as I did to be that close.

Some pics to come later...

And to those I met, it was great and hope to do it again (X-man, nfanel, Amentschick, the saras, BostonLou, ECM, Foxy, et al) and to those I didn't get to see, where the hell where you??? ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    looks like an awesome show guys! so i NEED to know .. How did nothing as it seems sound???

DYING to hear that at either msg 1/hartford/manfield 2
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I thought NAIS was great. I couldn't help but remember Mike smokin' a cigarette at the Key Arena in Seattle during this song in 2000. Brought back memories, and they definitely played it awesome!!!
    looks like an awesome show guys! so i NEED to know .. How did nothing as it seems sound???

DYING to hear that at either msg 1/hartford/manfield 2
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    jchais01 wrote:
    I thought NAIS was great. I couldn't help but remember Mike smokin' a cigarette at the Key Arena in Seattle during this song in 2000. Brought back memories, and they definitely played it awesome!!!

awesome ..

i want to see it live once and i want mike to perform it as intense as he did at nurnberg 2000 ... that video ... is insane!!
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467
    "W.M.A." Thats what i said to my friend when i walked back to parking lot(near Campbell's field), after getting my 10C tixs. He just looks at me like, "WTF". I said whats the first line in W.M.A.? and then he finally figured it out>"WE WON THE LOTTERY"!!!! ROW-2 on Stone's side.

The show was the shortest that i've seen(as far as time), but they ROCKED right from the opening song(Severed Hand) to the last(Baba). The crowd was terrific around me, as they were rocking right along with PJ. Stone's solo on EF was really good, and Eddie even threw in a solo on RVM. NAIS was EXCELLENT, as Mike tore it up. The W.M.A. version>WOW!! i can hardly wait for the boot, to hear that again. Wheather you call the MAMASAN Trilogy, a true one or not, it was teriffic EITHER way. I don't care if it was reverse, upside down or inside out MAMASAN, it was GREAT to hear it, anyway shape or form>HAHA.

This was ONLY the 8th time i've seen PJ, and if i go on to see them another 88 times, and i don't sit that close again, then so be it. I'm just thankfull for the 10C, for the oportunity to see PJ from row-2, just ONCE. THANKS AGAIN!!

On my way to DC. for another kick-ass show. I know it will be another good one.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    thats odd... thats how i feel, hershey and all. but they played some songs im glad i finally got to hear. if you take footsteps and wma out....i hate to say it but i think id have passed on the show. rvm was awesome too, but i dont know this show didnt do much for me.

can't imagine how a pearl jam show "didn't do much" for you. If you are only going to hear a concert of rare obscure songs - you should probably pass more often. Even the least favorite of my Pearl Jam shows (I can't say what that is because they all rocked!) was better than any other show I have ever seen. They play songs I wouldn't choose for the setlist, but listening to them live is always good - no matter what.

hope you weren't a lottery winner, a shame if the tickets got wasted (no offense - you were the one who said you should've passed)
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    I was at night one and was happy with the set list...but night 2....man I wish I was there.....that set list is AMAZING!!!!!!!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    I think the first night was slightly better, only because I was more into the set list from that show. However, the band and crowd were way more into it night two, I think. I'd have enjoyed night two more if they had gotten rid of the duplicate songs (Better Man, Even Flow, etc).
    For Rent
  • Options
    can't imagine how a pearl jam show "didn't do much" for you. If you are only going to hear a concert of rare obscure songs - you should probably pass more often. Even the least favorite of my Pearl Jam shows (I can't say what that is because they all rocked!) was better than any other show I have ever seen. They play songs I wouldn't choose for the setlist, but listening to them live is always good - no matter what.

hope you weren't a lottery winner, a shame if the tickets got wasted (no offense - you were the one who said you should've passed)

I gotta say, whenever someone criticized a show, you get made to feel like you just spit on the Pope.....
    W.M.A , with Dave A playing, it isnt the same . RVM Rocked. Footsteps, classic version...Baba at the end, great...but otherwise, was a pretty sub par show . Ive seen PJ alot, and besides the two shows they did for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers last time in Denver, this was the worst show I ve seen. Which is still a good show compared to 99% of bands out today. But I had about 5 or 6 Fan Club members in my section who at the end said "ah, average at best". Its okay , Even the greats have off nights.

I just kinda look at a set list sometimes, and this is one where it just was sorta bland in my opinion.
  • Options
    That Show Was Sick!!
    My second PJ show, my first was Hartford '06.

First off, I can't believe nobody mentioned the Pre-set.
    Ed came out and played You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, but he stopped before the third verse and asked a guy a few rows back what he was talking about and why he had told the lady near him to put her sign down. then he told her to put it back up, and it was an American Flag! haha

You got this one a bit wrong....:(

I was the "lady" holding the banner.....here's the story.

My girlfriend and I saw Ed coming out for the pre-set we hurdled a few rows of chairs to get in front.

A security guard came up to us (and Ziggy) who were the only 3 people standing there and started hasseling us to leave because we didnt have a wrist band....while Eddie was playing!

He asked us to move along and put down my banner...Eddie saw him stopped playing and said " Excuse me sir, I'm interested in what your chatting about...are you asking that girl to put down her banner? We're just starting out here, why dont you just step aside and let them be (or something to that effect).....it WAS A BIT SURREAL to say the least :)

The guard then moved aside and Eddie finished Hide your love away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie totally had our back :D...EPIC to say he least!!!

Now I have to pack for DC....PEACE
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Eddie wearing his conductor's hat was absolutely priceless... and damn did he dance during baba! Incredible, unforgettable night. Thank you PJ
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Out of both nights, Im disappointed I didnt get to see Army Reserve, Off He Goes, I got Shit, and Immortality. Satan's Bed would be sweet too, but you cant really go in expecting that. It would have been great to drop Jeremy into an encore last night.

But outside of that, they hit about everything (of many) that Id want to see. Pretty extensive selection and I have no complaints. The songs they did play, the band was into it and it was quality. The weather was great, my 10C seats were fine (and convenient). All round, as always a wonderful experience Ill cherish.

Here's to hoping for an '09 or '10 tour.
  • Options
    grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Out of both nights, Im disappointed I didnt get to see Army Reserve, Off He Goes, I got Shit, and Immortality. Satan's Bed would be sweet too, but you cant really go in expecting that. It would have been great to drop Jeremy into an encore last night.

You have a lot of specific needs!
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    The band was amazing as always both nights, but the absolute worst part was the lot!! It was frat boy central! I have never seen so many damn beer-pong tables in my life! C'mon! It made me ridiculously sad to walk to a PJ show through frat-row!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    MAn what a great show. It's two days later and I'm still getting chills when I think back. It was my girlfriend's first PJ show and she was simply floored. Some of my favorite PJ songs are Severed Hand, Brain of J and Animal and for them to kick off the night with those three songs, IN A FUCKING ROW, was the shit. I am still practically speechless and still haven't recovered my voice yet.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

My girlfriend and I saw Ed coming out for the pre-set we hurdled a few rows of chairs to get in front.

A security guard came up to us (and Ziggy) who were the only 3 people standing there and started hasseling us to leave because we didnt have a wrist band....while Eddie was playing!

He asked us to move along and put down my banner...Eddie saw him stopped playing and said " Excuse me sir, I'm interested in what your chatting about...are you asking that girl to put down her banner? We're just starting out here, why dont you just step aside and let them be (or something to that effect).....it WAS A BIT SURREAL to say the least :)

The guard then moved aside and Eddie finished Hide your love away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there (well much further back than you) for the pre-set and Ed definately had your back! That's awesome :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,116

Ohhh, Ok
    It makes a little more sense now.
    Thats amazing! I bet it just added a lot to the amazing energy friday night had.
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    skipskip Posts: 25
    F U to the person on the law who threw beer on my friends and I