Options

Goods - VS./VITALOGY SUPER DELUXE Box (signed and vault cd)

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    81 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    it's the same.....deals change....

go look at black friday....they will mark shit down and then the next day the price is different.

ever buy gas....price changes on a daily basis.

how often have you gone to a store and seen a clearence section...

guess what....day after halloween....halloween candy is going to have a different price.....

i guess i don't understand why my fellow consumers can't comprehend that prices change on shit....deals change on shit over time. it's called retail sales. you have some slow moving merchandise....you lower the price, or include something extra to increase the sales flow.

I'm with you bro', its really not that difficult to understand is it!

i'm glad somebody else here gets it. :lol:

I just need to check - Should I be angry that the Live On Ten Legs boxset I bought for £50 from HMV on release is now on their website for £21.99? Should I send them an email complaining? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

it's the same.....deals change....

go look at black friday....they will mark shit down and then the next day the price is different.

ever buy gas....price changes on a daily basis.

how often have you gone to a store and seen a clearence section...

guess what....day after halloween....halloween candy is going to have a different price.....

i guess i don't understand why my fellow consumers can't comprehend that prices change on shit....deals change on shit over time. it's called retail sales. you have some slow moving merchandise....you lower the price, or include something extra to increase the sales flow.

You're right, it's called retail sales.

So they should make supply to meet demand and re-issue stuff as well, say the PJ20 Deluxe Blu-ray for starters.

personally, i don't really care either way....i won't be buying....

but there is also a concept of making limited quanities of stuff to get it in and get it out so that you don't have carry over inventory like the deluxe box set. it also trains your consumers to buy something as soon as it goes on sale so that you don't miss out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    boyo79 wrote:
    I just need to check - Should I be angry that the Live On Ten Legs boxset I bought for £50 from HMV on release is now on their website for £21.99? Should I send them an email complaining? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yes, for sure....how dare they jerk you around like that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,
    We've decided to lower the International shipping cost for the Vs and Vitalogy Super Deluxe Box set for those who have ordered over the last 24hrs and for a limited time going forward. Shipping is FREE in the US.

Beginning tomorrow, we'll begin refunding 50% of the cost.

Canada shipping will now be $17.50
    Rest of World will be $37.50

Questions? contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
    10c
    just read your facebook comment..very cool they did that..great!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I'll just boycott HMV. Who am I kidding, I'll be back in their shop tomorrow. And Monday as well to pick up the PJ20 dvd :lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    Gee, Im glad I bought this thing when it 1st came out. Definitely a slap in the face.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I'll just boycott HMV. Who am I kidding, I'll be back in their shop tomorrow. And Monday as well to pick up the PJ20 dvd :lol::lol::lol:

clearly, they should be paying you to buy from them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    This is a cool move by them for international members, most of whom are gonna be hit by a tax/customs bill upon the sets delivery, of about €40-€60.
    This bill wouldn't apply to US members, therefore you wouldnt appreciate the refund for international members, possibly why a lot of you are so irate. It's a good move by 10c and I for one appreciate it.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    boyo79 wrote:
    The boxset is limited edition. It just hasn't sold out. Clearly they thought more would sell after the Ten SDE but that obviously didn't happen this time round. When the boxset went onsale in March the Vault cd probably hadn't even been thought of for PJ20. Now they've decided to throw some copies in to try and sell some remaining stock of the boxset. And its worked.

Yeah, you are right, I thought of what you said as well when writing, and someone said that this box set was taken away from the goods section for while, which was true, and someone else said that he didn't get the chance to get his copy of the vault cd at the Alpine Valley show... but I also thought of this: what if this time the VS Vitalogy box set which includes the vault cd and the signed option is cheaper, as many suggested? That would really piss people off.

Yeah, your are right, but that is not the point: someone said that the autographed item should have been available at the first pre order, other said that the vault cd should be available for everyone, in some way or another, and that is what those who purchased the item at the beginnig of the year are complaining about. As I said before, It's ok, the 10C can do whatever they want in order to sell your stuff, but there is a big HOWEVER...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    i went out for a drink last night....first beer was $3's, the second was $5. i asked what the fuck was going on...they said the first one was happy hour pricing....i said, that's a slap in the face.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    The boxset is limited edition. It just hasn't sold out. Clearly they thought more would sell after the Ten SDE but that obviously didn't happen this time round. When the boxset went onsale in March the Vault cd probably hadn't even been thought of for PJ20. Now they've decided to throw some copies in to try and sell some remaining stock of the boxset. And its worked.

Yeah, you are right, I thought of what you said as well when writing, and someone said that this box set was taken away from the goods section for while, which was true, and someone else said that he didn't get the chance to get his copy of the vault cd at the Alpine Valley show... but I also thought of this: what if this time the VS Vitalogy box set which includes the vault cd and the signed option is cheaper, as many suggested? That would really piss people off.

Yeah, your are right, but that is not the point: someone said that the autographed item should have been available at the first pre order, other said that the vault cd should be available for everyone, in some way or another, and that is what those who purchased the item at the beginnig of the year are complaining about. As I said before, It's ok, the 10C can do whatever they want in order to sell your stuff, but there is a big HOWEVER...

I would agree that signed copies should have been available when this was first released. But tha Vault cd...since it only came into existence 6 weeks or so ago, I don't see that as relevant. But I do agree it needs to be put in the Goods so we can all buy it (if we wish too!)

• Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    Why would they do that? So everyone can buy them and sell them on ebay again?
  • Options
    RC153010 wrote:
    Why would they do that? So everyone can buy them and sell them on ebay again?

I don't know why they do that, but it is for sure that they will go on eBay soon, many people do that, part of them do it as a living, I know a few of them, not related to Pearl Jam, but to other bands, it is unfair to fans, some may disagree with that unfairness, but they have the will and the means...

• Options
    81 wrote:
    i'm glad somebody else here gets it. :lol:

I dare to say that many people here get it, that is why they feel it is unfair, if they don't get it, they won't feel ripped off... and no one is requesting refunds, so far... :P

• Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,
    We've decided to lower the International shipping cost for the Vs and Vitalogy Super Deluxe Box set for those who have ordered over the last 24hrs and for a limited time going forward. Shipping is FREE in the US.

Questions? contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
    10c

I noticed this and thought "I was sure I paid $35 fo shipping to Canada". This answers it. Thanks 10C!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I'm not sure if anyone else has stated this previously... I don't feel like reading everyone's retail/consumer rants through out this thread.

Maybe for the future SDE box sets PJ ought to do a very limited run like Third Man Records does. The number of orders received by a certain date will be the amount produced. That would make it limited and solve the inventory issue. We would just have to wait a while for production and shipment.

I do find the signed SDE's being offered later to be a little wrong... should have offered it during the pre-sale like the Ten version... and if they still didn't sell, offer another round of signed copies.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    I never got this since I felt it was overpriced plus the itnl' shipping charge was beyond a joke (anyone care to refresh my memory on it? Am I imagining but was it something like $100?) plus customs charges on top of that. No chance. Would have to be a guaranteed signed edition to take the plunge on this.
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I'm sickened. I just ordered the deluxe set an hour ago. I would have changed it to a pals US address had I known. Fuckers. They really Never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. This isn't fair on anyone whos bought this already nor on the majority of fans, who don't live in the US.

Oh well. We will never learn it seems.
    sparky_fry wrote:
    damn, if it was free shipping to Canada I'd jump on it

Hey guys, I am addressing you just because you expressed concerns about shipping, and I would like to share my experience with you.

Regarding the Ten Club, shipping fees are fixed. I live in Argentina and Ten Club shipping fees have been the same for a long while. The same happens with Amazon.com: shipping fees are fixed. I cannot tell much more about this since the envelopes/parcels/packages/boxes don't have a stamp stating how much was the postage paid.

I don't know in which country you live, and how the regulations are, but I am sure regulations are different in every country. My close friends always ask me about shipping charges and customs fees. They buy or try to buy electronic gadgets, clothes, shoes or whatever. They assume that CD and vinyl work the same, that you have to pay taxes, and that is because when they purchase a CD (never a vinyl record) they go to a store and the retailer tells them that he has to go to the custom office, fill a form, and pay taxes. However, I constantly purchase items from Ten Club, eBay or Discogs, CD and vinyl, and I never had to do that, everything is dropped by the mailman to my front door.

When I purchase on eBay or Discogs I ask the seller not to state the real price of the item in order to avoid customs taxes. On a few occasions I was ripped off by the seller by overcharging shipping costs, or worse, paying for Priority Mail International but the item was sent via regular mail. This issue happened to me only on eBay with American sellers and Australian sellers. However, I didn't have to pay custom taxes, and that is because items were sent via the respectively national mail, and handled by the national mail of my country.

However, it is a different thing when it comes to UPS or DHL, FedEx and so on. I know DHL is the national mail in Germany, so it might be more lenient there than in other countries. Whenever I purchase an item on eBay or Discogs, either on the UK or the EU, postage is cheaper than in the US, and for some reason, is faster, specially in the UK, I received item within 10 days, and they use the Royal Mail. The same occurs if I buy from a seller in Norway, Netherlands, Sweeden, or Germany.

I have to tell you that I am shocked to see how much you pay for custom taxes. I don't understand why you have to pay taxes for a T-Shirt, CD or vinyl that comes by mail. So the key point is that choosing who you buy from and learn what kind of postage the seller use. I am telling you this because I happen to know about a kind of agreement, sort ot speak, between USPS and DHL in order to reduce costs (for them). It goes like this: I purchased the Ten, VS and Vitalogy reissue vinyl bundle (3 albums, 5 records) on a sale from a website. The amount was 39.99 USD for the bundle plus shipping which was 7.99 USD. Yesterday, on the same site, I bought the ACDC Backtracks Super Deluxe Collectors Edition (the one with the guitar amp) for 99.99 USD + 7.99 USD for shipping. And the items are sent via DHL, delivered to me at my front door, tax free. So, if I have this service here in Argentina, why can't you have the same service in your contries?

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Maybe for the future SDE box sets PJ ought to do a very limited run like Third Man Records does. The number of orders received by a certain date will be the amount produced. That would make it limited and solve the inventory issue. We would just have to wait a while for production and shipment.

I do find the signed SDE's being offered later to be a little wrong... should have offered it during the pre-sale like the Ten version... and if they still didn't sell, offer another round of signed copies.

That would make too much sense. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    10c

AWSOME!!!!! Really appreciated! :)
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    MAYBE this "Sale" is to wipe out the remaining inventory to make room for the No Code/ Yield SDE...being as these things must take up some serious storage space! Just a thought... :D
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    MAYBE this "Sale" is to wipe out the remaining inventory to make room for the No Code/ Yield SDE...being as these things must take up some serious storage space! Just a thought... :D

Not sure if it is for the No Code/Yield SDE but the timing of this does make you wonder.

IE What are they making room for??? PJ20 Soundtrack on vinyl??
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    10c

Yep that is awesome. So everybody why now u don't bitching. PJ are the best :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PurlyjemPurlyjem Posts: 126
    YES! Lower shipping to the rest of the world! Thank you TC! Maybe I can afford the box now! :mrgreen:
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    37 for International shipping seals the deal, I'm finally ordering this despite having two copies of the remastered Vitalogy and Vs vinyls already...
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,820
    good move on the shipping.....quality gesture.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    pdalowsky wrote:
    good move on the shipping.....quality gesture.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Nice of them to lower the shipping but still no way I'd order. Customs fees would be just way too much. Not 10c's fault. Just the way it is I guess...
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

wtf is up with the sig. :lol::lol:

that woudl make a good avatar
    Haha! I don't know how to make it an avatar!
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Listen, what's teh big deal? This is no different than getting a concert ticket deal, or a black friday sale at any type of store. yes, it sucks that the early buyers got hosed on shipping and didnt get the bonus cd/auto chance, but they just sold 500 copies in less than 24 hours of a product that's been in thier webstore for 6 months.

i bought this box set BECUASE OF the new promotion. To be honest, i was waiting for a sale code as we got closer to november. this made me whip out my card in 2 seconds.

You guys have to remember, this item was only available through the 10c. this was NOT offered at best buy/amazon. the band's arrangement with sony was made to avoid the previous bitching about the box having free shipping and rock band codes with the best buy version, while clubbers paid more. it didnt quite work out for them this time.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    ewokpelts wrote:
    Listen, what's teh big deal? This is no different than getting a concert ticket deal, or a black friday sale at any type of store. yes, it sucks that the early buyers got hosed on shipping and didnt get the bonus cd/auto chance, but they just sold 500 copies in less than 24 hours of a product that's been in thier webstore for 6 months.

That's the thing. I mean I bought my wii at least 3 years ago and at that point it was like $270. Now I see them on sale for $150. Do I think it is unfair that Nintendo is giving less loyal fans a break on the price. Of course not. I have had mine for 3 years and for an extra $120 I have gotten an extra 3 years enjoyment out of it compared to someone who buys it today. The same with this set, if you bought it 6 months ago that means for a small price increase you received 6 months extra enjoyment out of it. If someone thinks it was not worth it then that was their opinion and no one forced them to buy the set for the previous price.