Options

Goods - VS./VITALOGY SUPER DELUXE Box (signed and vault cd)

Comments

• Options
    Paulina87 wrote:
    ..and Santos,please try to put the next sales a bit earlier..the last ones was all so late night here.. :lol:

yeah its not easy texting 50 people at 1am when im half asleep...please go back to the 7pm uk time release

kiss kiss please

I'll add my kisses to this request.... please
    seriously who wants to be woken up in the middle of the night because some new shit is in the goods :roll: :lol:

You want!!!!!! Actually, u should never go to sleep!!!!!!! :) :?
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,820
    pjl44 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Its seems there is a possibility of pissing off the 1000's of fans who jumped to order this on the first offering, in the hope of snagging 500 extra sales from the more stand off contingent - who are on the fence about the box. Doesnt make good business acumen really.

Except they know they haven't actually turned anyone away. The same people that will come on here and lose their shit over 100 posts in 2 days will still be the first ones sprinting to the Goods section when the next ultra rare doodad is put up.

oh absolutely this is the case for people like me, but i genuinely dont get upset about it....i think its easy to though how people would be. I'll happily be the first in line for any new release.....but im a total fanboy like that.

I think there is a chance things like this could deincentivise people from buying things on release date, especially those who can deal with downloading and not needing the official product.
  • Options
    i got the package the 1st day..pay via paypal..pay 120 euros,the next day europeans pay 150 cos sony add the vat forgot the 1st day..i was lucky..now some others are lucky..cos they didnt order it back then,now is their chance and this time with better deal,usa free shipping,+cd + chance for signed..
    i dont get that loyal people problem..so im more loyal than someone bought it yesterday and me months ago?no im not..
    and for all this to be "fair" what to do now?ill complain to 10c why they sell it with this extras now and from the other hand sent sony 30 euros cos i got it cheaper than other Europeans..?....
    my sister 5 years ago bought a car..renault..the next day they put the price 3000 euros down with leather seats and so many extras..its how it is with sales..some people order pj20 vinyl for 35$ and the same online store has it from yesterday 65$!!!sad but this is how sale bussiness going.
    and kudos to 10c that offer this to the members for 150$ with all the extras and the same time at ebay sale ot is 189$
    from last night i saw this i wish people good luck for get signed copies and im curious to see the fotos of the signed copies :)

I dont think anyone said anyone was more loyal than anyone else. The point being made is there is a hardcore contingent who are loyal to the band (not saying others arnt - thats a total twisting of the tale), and buy everything instantly. They display loyalty in doing so, no? easy concept. and they dont appear to have been repaid in this instant

I repeat, Im not concerned for myself, but there is always this instant desire to bash anyone who questions anything....and I was only expressing how one could understand why people would feel a little put out. Theres no right or wrong answer, people are entitled to their opinions.

and to compare this to a MISTAKE made by sony is a very different thing. This wasnt a mistake, it was great marketing, and quite honestly you have to congratulate the tenclub in pulling it off so well...selling an extra 500 boxes in a matter of hours is fantastic and clears out some stock. But it doesnt stop those who bought earlier as I noticed from the comments throughout this thread being slightly aggreived.

I too however am delighted that a few members are gonna be made very very happy indeed when these things land, that kind of thing is priceless.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,392
    pdalowsky wrote:

I think there is a chance things like this could deincentivise people from buying things on release date, especially those who can deal with downloading and not needing the official product.

I think the prices and shipping issues are doing more to deincentivise people than anything else. I normally didn't mind spending a few extra bucks because there would be some or all of: special packaging, pre-release date arrival, extra goodies, etc. Now that it's the same item and arriving on or after the release date, I've been doing Amazon. No regrets yet.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I think the prices and shipping issues are doing more to deincentivise people than anything else. I normally didn't mind spending a few extra bucks because there would be some or all of: special packaging, pre-release date arrival, extra goodies, etc. Now that it's the same item and arriving on or after the release date, I've been doing Amazon. No regrets yet.

Very true, i think you speak for many,

I still love the idea of tenclub specials however and those unique packages etc, they are a treat in themselves as the Vault cd was.....a cool surprise. I still think that will be sold openly before long too to current members....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i got the package the 1st day..pay via paypal..pay 120 euros,the next day europeans pay 150 cos sony add the vat forgot the 1st day..i was lucky..now some others are lucky..cos they didnt order it back then,now is their chance and this time with better deal,usa free shipping,+cd + chance for signed..
    i dont get that loyal people problem..so im more loyal than someone bought it yesterday and me months ago?no im not..
    and for all this to be "fair" what to do now?ill complain to 10c why they sell it with this extras now and from the other hand sent sony 30 euros cos i got it cheaper than other Europeans..?....
    my sister 5 years ago bought a car..renault..the next day they put the price 3000 euros down with leather seats and so many extras..its how it is with sales..some people order pj20 vinyl for 35$ and the same online store has it from yesterday 65$!!!sad but this is how sale bussiness going.
    and kudos to 10c that offer this to the members for 150$ with all the extras and the same time at ebay sale ot is 189$
    from last night i saw this i wish people good luck for get signed copies and im curious to see the fotos of the signed copies :)

I dont think anyone said anyone was more loyal than anyone else. The point being made is there is a hardcore contingent who are loyal to the band (not saying others arnt - thats a total twisting of the tale), and buy everything instantly. They display loyalty in doing so, no? easy concept. and they dont appear to have been repaid in this instant

I repeat, Im not concerned for myself, but there is always this instant desire to bash anyone who questions anything....and I was only expressing how one could understand why people would feel a little put out. Theres no right or wrong answer, people are entitled to their opinions.

and to compare this to a MISTAKE made by sony is a very different thing. This wasnt a mistake, it was great marketing, and quite honestly you have to congratulate the tenclub in pulling it off so well...selling an extra 500 boxes in a matter of hours is fantastic and clears out some stock. But it doesnt stop those who bought earlier as I noticed from the comments throughout this thread being slightly aggreived.

I too however am delighted that a few members are gonna be made very very happy indeed when these things land, that kind of thing is priceless.
    i hear you Paul..i guess we are on the same page,at least..i wasnt refering to your comment about loyal..but some craziness theory some have there.loyal fans doesnt mean the ones buy all and quick..
    but im saying only this..some people are lucky today some not and the opposite..i wish we have free shipping to europe as well,but who im kidding..this is heavy,i know i have to pay it..people to be sad about it,cos they didnt have the chance to get the signed,or the cd,,i get it,
    but this is sales..is how working..members have the chance to get this now cheaper with extras..and thats a fact..as for sony,i mention it,exaxctly as you said,cos isnt right or wrong here..no fair and unfair..has to do with timing..
    im happy for those people buy it yesteday.i hope makes them happy..this waititng if they score a signed copy is awesome!!
    in the end..i have this item months now and enjoy it,other dont have it yet or at all....and this is priceless...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Very true, i think you speak for many,

+1
    I still love the idea of tenclub specials however and those unique packages etc, they are a treat in themselves as the Vault cd was.....a cool surprise. I still think that will be sold openly before long too to current members
    exactly..i think the same and hope for it..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Too true Dimi,

Loyalty can take many forms, length of time following the band, shows attended, money spent, collecting, merely referring the band to friends, and on and on.......

Personally I wanted this from day one, think its an awesome product, and would never have been able to wait, so i was trapped from day one :lol:

And agreed on the shipping, anyone who has this or has seen it fully understand why it costs so damn much. Its a monster of an item, and as heavy as lead.

Now with a little luck my ltitle friend In Miami can get a signed one.......that would make me smile alright ;)
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    hmm... When they offered the discount on bootlegs, was there this much complaining from folks who had bought bootlegs without discount?
    I think it is great they are offering this deal to people and I hope they keep it up! Very awesome of the 10C!

I bought this day 1, and I have no regrets... If I had to do it over, I would still buy it day one, because I wouldn't trade all these times I've gotten to spin the sweet vinyls and enjoy the great extras already for the slim chance at some autographs. It's about the music bottom line, always has been. ;)
  • Options
    P-Jam wrote:
    hmm... When they offered the discount on bootlegs, was there this much complaining from folks who had bought bootlegs without discount?
    I think it is great they are offering this deal to people and I hope they keep it up! Very awesome of the 10C!

I bought this day 1, and I have no regrets... If I had to do it over, I would still buy it day one, because I wouldn't trade all these times I've gotten to spin the sweet vinyls and enjoy the great extras already for the slim chance at some autographs. It's about the music bottom line, always has been. ;)
    bootlegs is a great exable..i bought them seperetely and when the box set came out i need to pay extra for the empty box and the total difference was 200 i pay more by getting that way..but,i have them and enjoy them almost one year before the box set..and cant put price on that..its all about the music indeed. :)
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    P-Jam wrote:

bootlegs is a great exable..i bought them seperetely and when the box set came out i need to pay extra for the empty box and the total difference was 200 i pay more by getting that way..but,i have them and enjoy them almost one year before the box set..and cant put price on that..its all about the music indeed. :)

Great posts P-Jam and Dimi :thumbup:

There is only one reason people are complaining about this and its because some of the boxsets are signed. What is it, a 2% chance of getting a signed boxset last night?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I've always wanted this box set but I just never got around to buying it. It looks awesome and I know I'm going to enjoy it. I'm really excited about the early live recordings and I appreciate the free shipping. The set will be a cool thing to pass along to my kids when they get a little older, a little more responsible.
    If I give it to them now, their rabbit will eat it.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    Nah boyo79, it was 0% chance of getting a signed boxset last night cos I was asleep. :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    pdalowsky wrote:
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    A few things:

1. All indications are that the vault CD will eventually be made available to everyone. So at that point will there be those that claim that is why they bought in on this deal and then bitch about it?

2. For those using bootlegs as an example, aside from the first year (2008) when nobody knew that they would have a sale months later, it's now common knowledge that they do this every year. So those that buy right away know that they will eventually be cheaper but choose not to wait.

3. The best part of all this? Some of the same idiots that made fun of those that couldn't afford the Blu-Ray set right away because "limited means limited" are now saying how early adopters should always expect to get screwed. I mean after all, the announcement on 2/2/11 clearly said the Vs/Vitalogy box was limited, so those that bought it right away thinking as such only to see it available months and months later should have learned their lesson, right?
  • Options

2. For those using bootlegs as an example, aside from the first year (2008) when nobody knew that they would have a sale months later, it's now common knowledge that they do this every year. So those that buy right away know that they will eventually be cheaper but choose not to wait.

?
    no its not..this year noone knows how the bootleg will be released..boxset for all 3?
    3 different SA-Canada-pj20?dvd package of pj20?..only audio like philly?
  • Options
    A few things:

1. All indications are that the vault CD will eventually be made available to everyone. So at that point will there be those that claim that is why they bought in on this deal and then bitch about it?

No

This isn't cheaper, they just threw in the Vault #1. I think it's more of the autograph chance that's bothering people.

3. The best part of all this? Some of the same idiots that made fun of those that couldn't afford the Blu-Ray set right away because "limited means limited" are now saying how early adopters should always expect to get screwed. I mean after all, the announcement on 2/2/11 clearly said the Vs/Vitalogy box was limited, so those that buy right away thinking as such only to see it available months and months later should have learned their lesson, right?

Huh? the point of the extended version of the film being LE is just plain ridiculous. I've never seen another film have this. I could understand if they just limited the deluxe cardboard packaging, but to not offer it in a regular blu-ray case is insulting at best. What is the gain of them not allowing the full version of the film to be purchased in some form? It's just another bad business decision. The 2 items have nothing in common. A vinyl boxset should be limited since they aren't going to keep producing vinyl. It's not cost effective.

Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options

This isn't cheaper, they just threw in the Vault #1. I think it's more of the autograph chance that's bothering people.
    I dont think it was free shipping originally for the US, so if I'm correct with that, than this deal is cheaper and also comes with the free CD and chance at an autograph.
  • Options

The 2 items have nothing in common. A vinyl boxset should be limited since they aren't going to keep producing vinyl. It's not cost effective.[/b][/size][/color]

do you mean keep press this set on vinyl (then i agree) or stop pressing vinyl for all albums..be a cold day in hell when pj stop pressing vinyl... :twisted:
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

I dont think it was free shipping originally for the US, so if I'm correct with that, than this deal is cheaper and also comes with the free CD and chance at an autograph.

If you included my whole answer I already said that. I'm pretty sure no one would give 2 shits if the chance for an autographed copy wasn't part of the package.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

If you included my whole answer I already said that. I'm pretty sure no one would give 2 shits if the chance for an autographed copy wasn't part of the package.
    I dont see you putting anything about free shipping in your answer... just the vault CD and autograph chance.

I was just saying that if S&H was charged originally (I'm pretty sure it was, but I havent checked my old order #) then this was indeed cheaper as well (for the US, anyway).
  • Options

I agree that it's not the same thing. I was directing that only to those already using it as an example.

3. The best part of all this? Some of the same idiots that made fun of those that couldn't afford the Blu-Ray set right away because "limited means limited" are now saying how early adopters should always expect to get screwed. I mean after all, the announcement on 2/2/11 clearly said the Vs/Vitalogy box was limited, so those that buy right away thinking as such only to see it available months and months later should have learned their lesson, right?

Huh? the point of the extended version of the film being LE is just plain ridiculous. I've never seen another film have this. I could understand if they just limited the deluxe cardboard packaging, but to not offer it in a regular blu-ray case is insulting at best. What is the gain of them not allowing the full version of the film to be purchased in some form? It's just another bad business decision. The 2 items have nothing in common. A vinyl boxset should be limited since they aren't going to keep producing vinyl. It's not cost effective.

I agree 100%. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in some people.

• Options

The 2 items have nothing in common. A vinyl boxset should be limited since they aren't going to keep producing vinyl. It's not cost effective.[/b][/size][/color]

do you mean keep press this set on vinyl (then i agree) or stop pressing vinyl for all albums..be a cold day in hell when pj stop pressing vinyl... :twisted:

I meant once they are pressed there wouldn't be another. Of course I want more Vinyl, but I always assume the vinyl's are limited to what they decide to print.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    drsluggo wrote:

You are right. Shipping originally was $17.50 so the total price was almost $170. Now it's free shipping, and a highly-desired bonus CD and MAYBE signed by the band (nearly impossible chances... I bought two of the Ten sets when they presold them because I wanted to double my chances of a signed copy and neither was signed... I know, I know...)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Paulina87 wrote:
    yeah its not easy texting 50 people at 1am when im half asleep...please go back to the 7pm uk time release

kiss kiss please

seriously who wants to be woken up in the middle of the night because some new shit is in the goods :roll: :lol:

you dont like me waking you in the middle of the night for text

naaah....I love it....but why all is gone when I'm waking up? :evil: :lol:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    ziobradipo wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:

kiss kiss please

You want!!!!!! Actually, u should never go to sleep!!!!!!! :) :?

that's why we have Kevin here :P
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    I'm still angry that they have made the Extras limited on a Blu-Ray...Use to be you would get the Extras for free on a Blu-Ray, but at worse you buy the Extended version to get them...not being able to get these at all? Gets me all eggy!

Anybody know if the Blu-Ray comes with a digital version so I can watch it on my iPad?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Nah boyo79, it was 0% chance of getting a signed boxset last night cos I was asleep. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You're right, us Europeans had a zero chance!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    I'm still angry that they have made the Extras limited on a Blu-Ray...Use to be you would get the Extras for free on a Blu-Ray, but at worse you buy the Extended version to get them...not being able to get these at all? Gets me all eggy!

Anybody know if the Blu-Ray comes with a digital version so I can watch it on my iPad?
    probably not, just rip it to your computer.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Is it normal for the band to make this much on goods alone? Or are they just milking it this year?