Options

Goods - VS./VITALOGY SUPER DELUXE Box (signed and vault cd)

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    God this place is tiresome.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

wtf is up with the sig. :lol::lol:

that woudl make a good avatar
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Is it normal for the band to make this much on goods alone? Or are they just milking it this year?

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but they just pushed out $75000 in a couple of hours. Not bad for throwing in a CD.
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    Is it normal for the band to make this much on goods alone? Or are they just milking it this year?

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but they just pushed out $75000 in a couple of hours. Not bad for throwing in a CD.

but that's not all profit. those sets are very expensive to produce and they are paying for the shipping. think about it for a minute and you'll see it's not much profit AT ALL!
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    mr_canada wrote:

but that's not all profit. those sets are very expensive to produce and they are paying for the shipping. think about it for a minute and you'll see it's not much profit AT ALL!
    You are making a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE assumption there.

No one knows what they are paying to produce and ship. They might be making a ton or not much at all, but no one on here could possibly say with any certainty what their profit is on these.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    mr_canada wrote:

oh yea..i'am sure they're are doing it for free...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    anyone know what time these box sets were officially sold out. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    mr_canada wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: I know it's not all profit. Believe me they are making profit...more than you think. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RC153010 wrote:
    anyone know what time these box sets were officially sold out. Thanks in advance
    Few hours
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm thinking they pressed a certain number of Vault #1 CDs and the 500-700 remaining weren't enough to satisfy the rest of the 10C. Therefore, they packaged them together with another excess product in the store.
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: I know it's not all profit. Believe me they are making profit...more than you think. :lol::lol::lol:

laugh all you want. in the grand scheme of their business, the super deluxe money is so insignificant that it's funny...to me, anyway.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hi,
    We've decided to lower the International shipping cost for the Vs and Vitalogy Super Deluxe Box set for those who have ordered over the last 24hrs and for a limited time going forward. Shipping is FREE in the US.

Beginning tomorrow, we'll begin refunding 50% of the cost.

Canada shipping will now be $17.50
    Rest of World will be $37.50

Questions? contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
    10c
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    No thank you. What a slap in the face to the loyal people who ordered months ago though.

lol whatever.

They were clearly sitting around and were like "Fuck, we have a ton of these! Lets give some people who probably weren't going to buy it anyways, some incentive and get their 200 bucks!"

However, in your mind the convo went something like this "Hey lets screw over all those idiots who already bought this thing by offering a whole EIGHT of them signed, EIGHT out of FIVE HUNDRED. That will really piss whats his face on the message pit off!"

You are a first day buyer, they know they will get your money without incentive. That's your dumb ass fault for impulse buying it the first second it was available. Not their fault for trying to get more money out of people they probably wouldnt have. Hell, its shrewd, they might even get people to buy a second one! Genius.

You guys will find anything to complain about.

Umm, no. While it surely wasn't their intention, it is STILL a slap in the face. Because we loyal fans purchased the Vs/Vitalogy set months ago does not make us "dumb ass" impulse buyers. These box sets could've just as easily sold out and then where would we be? We can't just sit around and think "Oh, I'll buy this 5 months later because they might offer it with another limited edition CD."
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    No thank you. What a slap in the face to the loyal people who ordered months ago though.

lol whatever.

They were clearly sitting around and were like "Fuck, we have a ton of these! Lets give some people who probably weren't going to buy it anyways, some incentive and get their 200 bucks!"

However, in your mind the convo went something like this "Hey lets screw over all those idiots who already bought this thing by offering a whole EIGHT of them signed, EIGHT out of FIVE HUNDRED. That will really piss whats his face on the message pit off!"

You are a first day buyer, they know they will get your money without incentive. That's your dumb ass fault for impulse buying it the first second it was available. Not their fault for trying to get more money out of people they probably wouldnt have. Hell, its shrewd, they might even get people to buy a second one! Genius.

You guys will find anything to complain about.

Umm, no. While it surely wasn't their intention, it is STILL a slap in the face. Because we loyal fans purchased the Vs/Vitalogy set months ago does not make us "dumb ass" impulse buyers. These box sets could've just as easily sold out and then where would we be? We can't just sit around and think "Oh, I'll buy this 5 months later because they might offer it with another limited edition CD."

but some loyal fans trash the "not loyal fans" who are complaining about the PJ20 Blu-ray and DVD - oh well... :roll:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,
    We've decided to lower the International shipping cost for the Vs and Vitalogy Super Deluxe Box set for those who have ordered over the last 24hrs and for a limited time going forward. Shipping is FREE in the US.

Questions? contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
    10c

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Awesome! I still can't afford it though :( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    i never complain about the 10C ... but i GOTTA call bullshit on this one. completely unfair to everyone who bought the deluxe package when it was announced.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    God this place is tiresome.

+1 I'm gonna start avoiding the forum when merch goes on sale.

"Not enough backpacks"

"Not enough white Backspacers"

"The bluray never said limited"

"I don't like the zombie shirt"

"How dare they try to shift the Vs/Vitalogy SDE thry've had lying around for a few months"

I think sums up the last month here.....

• Options
    edited October 2011
    i never complain about the 10C ... but i GOTTA call bullshit on this one. completely unfair to everyone who bought the deluxe package when it was announced.

:roll:

i bought my car back in fall of 05.....

what was it, in 08 or 09 they did the cash for clunkers....i'm still waiting on my 2500 bucks

plus what about that homebuyers credit....i bought a house and didn't get.....i'm going to write dick durbin tonight and demand my 8K

Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    10c

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Awesome! I still can't afford it though :( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

pretty cool...now we wait for the first round buyers to complain about paying full shippping. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I've sent the following text to the 10C a couple of hours ago:

"what about those of us who preordered the Box Set at the beginning of the year¿? what about those of us who don't live in the US or Canada and had to purchase the Box Set via myplaydirect.com cumpulsorily and had to pay 15 extra? what about those of us who live in latin america and won't get early entrance band writs at PJ concerts? will we get a chance to get the vault #1?"

Then I came here and read a lot.

I am quite disappointed about this. This offer was available on Tuesday evening, or night, I can't recall, I read about it and thought "WTF?" (meaning, where's the food), but I received the email today, very timely. Today by noon the CD was out of stock. So many people might have bought this box set withoug the CD without being aware of that.

I don't care about the free shipping, I would never imagine free shipping to Argentina; I am upset because I purchased this box set at the beginning of the year and I wasn't given the chance of getting and extra CD or a signed box set. It's ok, you can do whatever you want in order to sell your stuff, but as many have said, it is a slap on the face for those who purchased this understuffed not so limited edition box set.

I would be nice of you to give away the Vault @1 CD to those who have purchased the box set before.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    81 wrote:

what was it, in 08 or 09 they did the cash for clunkers....i'm still waiting on my 2500 bucks

plus what about that homebuyers credit....i bought a house and didn't get.....i'm going to write dick durbin tonight and demand my 8K

hahahaha!! what the hell does any of that have to do with this? TOTALLY different types of situations.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    I've sent the following text to the 10C a couple of hours ago:

"what about those of us who preordered the Box Set at the beginning of the year¿? what about those of us who don't live in the US or Canada and had to purchase the Box Set via myplaydirect.com cumpulsorily and had to pay 15 extra? what about those of us who live in latin america and won't get early entrance band writs at PJ concerts? will we get a chance to get the vault #1?"

Then I came here and read a lot.

I am quite disappointed about this. This offer was available on Tuesday evening, or night, I can't recall, I read about it and thought "WTF?" (meaning, where's the food), but I received the email today, very timely. Today by noon the CD was out of stock. So many people might have bought this box set withoug the CD without being aware of that.

I don't care about the free shipping, I would never imagine free shipping to Argentina; I am upset because I purchased this box set at the beginning of the year and I wasn't given the chance of getting and extra CD or a signed box set. It's ok, you can do whatever you want in order to sell your stuff, but as many have said, it is a slap on the face for those who purchased this understuffed not so limited edition box set.

I would be nice of you to give away the Vault @1 CD to those who have purchased the box set before.

The boxset is limited edition. It just hasn't sold out. Clearly they thought more would sell after the Ten SDE but that obviously didn't happen this time round. When the boxset went onsale in March the Vault cd probably hadn't even been thought of for PJ20. Now they've decided to throw some copies in to try and sell some remaining stock of the boxset. And its worked.

• Options
    niallniall Posts: 244
    I've been holding out on this for some time. I was initially a tad disappointed there wasn't any discount for international orders..
    They are now offering half price shipping internationally.
    Works out at £119 including shipping, which is great.
    Pity about the Vault cd. I did manage to get one on the way to Alpine Valley from a really nice lady who organised the coaches from Chicago both days. On the first day i asked if the coaches would be playing any music and she showed me the cd and said each coach has one to play. Our coach never played it on the way or the way back.
    The next day I said they didn't play it and she said I could have hers and gave it to me!

Any idea why this isn't available internationally like the Ten one was? Like on amazon, hmv etc?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

hahahaha!! what the hell does any of that have to do with this? TOTALLY different types of situations.

it's the same.....deals change....

go look at black friday....they will mark shit down and then the next day the price is different.

ever buy gas....price changes on a daily basis.

how often have you gone to a store and seen a clearence section...

guess what....day after halloween....halloween candy is going to have a different price.....

i guess i don't understand why my fellow consumers can't comprehend that prices change on shit....deals change on shit over time. it's called retail sales. you have some slow moving merchandise....you lower the price, or include something extra to increase the sales flow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,723
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    10c

Awesome!! :)
  • Options
    81 wrote:

go look at black friday....they will mark shit down and then the next day the price is different.

guess what....day after halloween....halloween candy is going to have a different price.....

i guess i don't understand why my fellow consumers can't comprehend that prices change on shit....deals change on shit over time. it's called retail sales. you have some slow moving merchandise....you lower the price, or include something extra to increase the sales flow.

I'm with you bro', its really not that difficult to understand is it!

• Options

I think its time for the merch to have a break. We've been battered with stuff this year. Well our bank accounts have!

• Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm with you bro', its really not that difficult to understand is it!

i'm glad somebody else here gets it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

You're right, it's called retail sales.

So they should make supply to meet demand and re-issue stuff as well, say the PJ20 Deluxe Blu-ray for starters.