Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    mca47 said:

Well....

Go Bears!

Gonna be interesting to see what the Hawks do in the offseason.
    What I don't get is how ineffective the Hawk's D was in the postseason. They seemed uncoordinated and undercoached. Far too often I'd watch as a guy from the other team just stood in front of Crawford for like 20 seconds untouched. Or dropped assignments. Ugh!

Go Bears!

Yeah, Oduya and Seabrook both struggled this postseason. Seabrook seemed to struggle most of the year. I doubt there will be any huge moves in the offseason. Handzus is probably going to retire and I'm guessing Versteeg will probably be gone as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade Oduya.

And yes, GO BEARS!!!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Yeah, the only defender who really played well was Keith. What the hell happened to Seabrook? He's still a great offensive defender but MAN...that was some sloppy defensive coverage. Oduya has always annoyed me. Rosival is just bad. Hjalmersson is alright but always seems to draw penalties at the worst times. Leddy isn't physical enough and should just play forward.

Handzus needs to retire. The guy is soooooo slow. He played the PK fine, but having a guy who's only value is blocking shots....
    Versteeg is worthless.
    Bollig is worthless. A "big" guy who can't skate, shoot, or pass and gets his ass handed to him everytime he drops the gloves...ugh!

• Options
    mca47 said:

Yeah, the only defender who really played well was Keith. What the hell happened to Seabrook? He's still a great offensive defender but MAN...that was some sloppy defensive coverage. Oduya has always annoyed me. Rosival is just bad. Hjalmersson is alright but always seems to draw penalties at the worst times. Leddy isn't physical enough and should just play forward.

Handzus needs to retire. The guy is soooooo slow. He played the PK fine, but having a guy who's only value is blocking shots....
    Versteeg is worthless.
    Bollig is worthless. A "big" guy who can't skate, shoot, or pass and gets his ass handed to him everytime he drops the gloves...ugh!

Seabrook just seems so much slower the past year or 2. He's only 28-29 so it has been pretty surprising to see. I'm sure there will be a new face or 2 on that D next year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Bollig....what a clown. And for some reason, Q seems to love him and constantly play him. And for another unknown reason, they gave him an extension during the season. This organization has done so many things right the past few years, but some of these little, minor moves have been questionable.
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    imalive said:

I don't follow a lot of hockey and don't know what Nielsen ratings mean.....but chi-town throws up a 22; LameA a 4. 8-|

To be fair it was a 5pm start here. I'm sure if it was in prime time the ratings would have been a 4.1.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Versteeg is worthless.

Seabrook just seems so much slower the past year or 2. He's only 28-29 so it has been pretty surprising to see. I'm sure there will be a new face or 2 on that D next year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Bollig....what a clown. And for some reason, Q seems to love him and constantly play him. And for another unknown reason, they gave him an extension during the season. This organization has done so many things right the past few years, but some of these little, minor moves have been questionable.
    How does the D look at Rockford? I haven't been paying much attention to the Icehog's personnel this year. Would be nice if we had a young guy waiting to move up.
    I just see them bringing in a couple C-grade defenders to replace current C-grade defenders. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
  • Options
    Nice work by Bowman locking up Toews and Kane. High cap hit with 10.5M per year, but players like these 2 are worth it. You just can't let players like this go when they are 26-27 years old. Plus, the salary cap will continue to go up in the NHL so these contracts may seem like a steal in a few years...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861

Nice work by Bowman locking up Toews and Kane. High cap hit with 10.5M per year, but players like these 2 are worth it. You just can't let players like this go when they are 26-27 years old. Plus, the salary cap will continue to go up in the NHL so these contracts may seem like a steal in a few years...

Saw that, huge contracts. I hope there's no injuries and poor performance droughts heading their way.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    The Hawks traded Leddy for 3 kids, weird
  • Options
    Fuck the Bears. We have the Hawks!
  • Options
    Hate the Leddy trade. I know they had to do it to get under the cap, but you hate to see a young D-man like that go. Would have rather seen someone like Sharp go...older guy with a pretty high cap hit. Oh well.

Also, Carcillo? Really? I thought we were done with this bullshit when they got rid of Bollig. Q and Bowman apparently can't handle not having a complete goon on the roster.

Having said all that, Hawks are still one of the top teams in the league and anything but a very deep playoff run would be a disappointment. Can't wait for them to get things going tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Hiller was on his gamelast night, stopped 50+ shots. Tough loss but still awesome. Moving on...
  • Options

Hiller was on his gamelast night, stopped 50+ shots. Tough loss but still awesome. Moving on...

Yeah, not much to complain about when you put 50 shots on goal. At least they got a point out of it.
  • Options
    How do you like your Hawk?
  • Options

What a drubbing :(
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Apparently Q gave them a nice talking-to after the game last night. Reportedly, the locker room was 20 minutes late opening to the media, and every player was available instead of the usual handpicked few.
    Then 2 hours after the B's run both Crawford and Raanta out of the building, they signed Darling to a 2-year extension.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    They've been struggling big time lately. Some very questionable decisions by Q lately. The fact that Carcillo continues to play while more capable guys sit makes zero fucking sense. Roszival and Shaw have both been awful lately as well. Hopefully they get their shit together down the stretch here before the playoffs.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • Options
    Rose's knee and Kane gets injured. Not a good night for Chicago sports last night.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and apparently the injury to Kane is significant and looks like he will be out for awhile. This sucks.
  • Options
    Kane injury was weird.
    It looks like the guy barely touched him. Right?

Yeah it was an illegal hit.
    But damned...He barely touched him.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    10-12 weeks for Kaner.

OUCH!!!
  • Options

10-12 weeks for Kaner.

OUCH!!!

Yeah. Hawks are in trouble. Sucks for Kaner too....was having the best year of his career.
  • Options

10-12 weeks for Kaner.

OUCH!!!

Yeah. Hawks are in trouble. Sucks for Kaner too....was having the best year of his career.
    Sharpe needs to step it up.
    Defense needs to step it up
    Crawford needs to step it up.

They can still advance in the playoffs without Kane.
    How far? Who knows.
    But this team has way too much damned talent to just fold it up and go away.

• Options

10-12 weeks for Kaner.

OUCH!!!

How far? Who knows.

Defense needs to step it up big time. Hopefully they make a trade here before the deadline for a d-man. Teuvo got called up to replace Kane....hopefully he can provide some offense here since he should be playing on one of the top lines. And like you said, too much talent on this team for this season to go into the shitter.
  • Options

10-12 weeks for Kaner.

OUCH!!!

How far? Who knows.

Defense needs to step it up big time. Hopefully they make a trade here before the deadline for a d-man. Teuvo got called up to replace Kane....hopefully he can provide some offense here since he should be playing on one of the top lines. And like you said, too much talent on this team for this season to go into the shitter.
    That last home stand was pathetic. Having Kane get hurt made it that much worse. How the hell do you go 3-2-3? They got 9 damned points in an 8 game home stand?

That said, this team is a team of All-Stars. If everyone were to step up, and play at the level they are capable of playing at, especially defense, there is no reason to not advance to the Conference Finals.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    The Isles locked Leddy up for another 7 years. Man I miss that guy!
  • Options

The Isles locked Leddy up for another 7 years. Man I miss that guy!

I hated that trade. Would much rather have seen them trade Sharp who is on the down side of his career. Instead they traded away a 23 year old defenseman who had already won a stanley cup and had plenty of playoff experience. Bowman has made so many good moves, but I really hated that one.
  • Options

10-12 weeks for Kaner.

OUCH!!!

Yep, this team has been so lethargic lately. The talent is certainly there but there are just too many mistakes and poor game management. Losing Kane, the league leader in points is gonna be the season for the Hawks. Losing him would always hurt, but this year it'll hurt much, much more!
    Oh, and why the fuck is Carcillo playing? The guy sucks so fn bad! He can't do shit except pick fights against guys who pound his face in. Wake up Q!!!!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    Ok
    When do playoff tickets go on sale?