The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
edited November 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
Well this is the only real team we have in Chicago right now so I figured we should have an official thread! Nice W last night. I like the Kane-Hossa-Carcillo line.

Post edited by Indifference71 on

Comments

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    As a Red Wings' fan I can respect the talent of the Blackhawks' team. At this moment I'd still take Datsuyk and Zetterberg over Kane and Toews. They should make the playoffs this year, the 'Wings too. Should be interesting in the playoffs.

Carcillo is terrible and a waste of a contract.

God bless hockey ...... can we just end the baseball leisure activity season already ?
  • Looking forward to this season for sure. It would be great to see them play the 'nuks again in the first round, providing both teams make it. Hopefully Crawford will be back soon. Too early in the season to determine anything right now but it will be fun to watch.

Cheers,

Squires.
    I have wished for so long, now I wish for you today.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Carbomb blows....sooooooooo soooooo glad he isn't a flyer.
    Emery blows as well..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    81 wrote:
    Emery blows as well..

I just love the name Carbomb...thats a good one. He did look pretty good in his first game last night....not expecting much out of him besides the usual goon behavior.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Emery blows as well..

I just love the name Carbomb...thats a good one. He did look pretty good in his first game last night....not expecting much out of him besides the usual goon behavior.

i watched a little of the first....i will admit...he was flying around last night...smacking into anything that was moving...and as normal...falling down.

and worse...he's a light weight goon. he's not a very good fighter.

enjoy him. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i watched a little of the first....i will admit...he was flying around last night...smacking into anything that was moving...and as normal...falling down.

and worse...he's a light weight goon. he's not a very good fighter.

enjoy him. :lol:

Ha, its kinda like when Burish was the "goon"...he would get his ass kicked by everybody.

John Scott is a great goon....too bad he can barely skate.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Stu grim son was the worst player/skater I've ever seen live.... How does Scott compare ?
    Dominant win last night in Phoenix. Hopefully Hossa can stay healthy.

I couldn't believe how empty that place was...out of the people that were there, it had to have been 60-70% Hawks fans.
    puck_treasures_sexy_nhl_garters_denis_leary_gameworn_jersey.jpg

i hear Sawyer is trading his game worn one for a black backspacer :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    puck_treasures_sexy_nhl_garters_denis_leary_gameworn_jersey.jpg

i hear Sawyer is trading his game worn one for a black backspacer :P

:lol::lol::lol:

I think the ice crew should wear those at the next home game...
    mmmm....love me some ice girls :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

They are the best. A couple girls I went to HS with are on the crew...
    81 wrote:

They are the best. A couple girls I went to HS with are on the crew...

pm # :arrow:

:P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Pretty nice start to the season so far. Too many OT/shootout games....would like to see the Hawks finish some of these teams in regulation. Hard to complain though...
    Well, with the Bears going down the shitter, at least we have one team in Chicago to be excited about...
    Well, with the Bears going down the shitter, at least we have one team in Chicago to be excited about...
    Yep....we have Da Bulls :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Yep....we have Da Bulls :P

True. I am excited for the Bulls, but this shortened season cramming all these games in so close together is definitely going to bring down the quality of play.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Pretty nice start to the season so far. Too many OT/shootout games....would like to see the Hawks finish some of these teams in regulation. Hard to complain though...

And it's STILL happening!! And while a month ago I'd agree it's hard to complain, I think now is the time to start. I know OT is only 5 minutes, but if we're on the ice an extra 5 EVERY game, attrition will set in later on in the season, and then we won't be able to win when it counts most.

Crawfish needs to get his shit together, too.

Crawfish needs to get his shit together, too.

Yeah, he definitely needs to step it up. Although Emery hasn't been too shabby these last few games that he has been in net.
    Hawks are getting worked by the Penguins right now. Sloppy defense isn't giving Emery a chance.
    soooooo.....what's everyone's take on carbomb. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

We won't be seeing him for awhile. Nasty hit he put on that guy the other night...

Hawks- Flyers tomorrow night....should be a good one.
    81 wrote:

Your guy Carbomb is out for the year....you must be happy. I kinda am....the 2 rookies that they brought up Shaw and Hayes are both playing really well. Now we just need Kane to get his shit together.
    i'm not happy or sad.....

he's not my guy. i hated him when he played for the Flyers. waste of a roster space.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i'm not happy or sad.....

he's not my guy. i hated him when he played for the Flyers. waste of a roster space.

He was actually a little better than I thought he would be when he was healthy. Oh well.

How bad are the Sabres? That team looked like a complete mess last night.
    God damn Edmonton owns the Blackhawks. This isn't a good time to play like shit....7 more games left on this road trip.
    6 losses in a row. This team looks like shit. Defense has been awful. Power play has been even worse. And still 5 more games left on this road trip.
    Crawford just plain sucks. 20 for 25 EVERY game is just downright awful. I mean, even bad goalies have a good game now and then. Craw hasn't had a good game all season. He's just terrible. I never even fathomed saying this, but I think Turco would be doing us better this year. I knew it was only a matter of time before this team imploded. It's not going to come down to the last game of the season this year; we'll be fighting for a playoff spot by the end of this month.
    nice article on san jose's goalie in the tribune today...or was the sun times...either way...teh story remains the same. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    It's so bad right now that I can't wait for the Cubs season to start.