Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Totally agree on Roszival. Hell, why Seabrook sees so much ice time boggles my mind. Should've traded him and kept Leddy.
    I trust Q with all my might, he has brought us 2 Cups after all. But he does seem to have a few favorites who completely suck it up night after night, yet still see ice time when there is better talent available at the position. (See: Bollig/Morin last season)

They should have traded Sharp over Leddy. Sharp had a huge year lsat year and you knew he would come back down to earth this year. There will definitely be some major moves this offseason since Kane/Toews new deals kick in next year and it doesn't look like the cap will be going up as much as everyone thought it would be.

Can't argue with Q's success, but he sure makes some head-scratching decisions. His unwillingness to play young guys is what will lead to him either getting fired or "resigning".
  • Options
    Nice bounce back after Friday night. Q has to stick with Darling now, right??
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    Oh I would think Darling gets the call for game 4.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

For sure! No way you can not start him now!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Yep. Darling was good today. Still think Crawford got a raw deal in all this.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Yep. Darling was good today. Still think Crawford got a raw deal in all this.
    For sure.
  • Options
    I sound like an old man here, but what's with the 830pm local start time for tonight???? It's a school night!
  • Options

I sound like an old man here, but what's with the 830pm local start time for tonight???? It's a school night!

6:30 my time!
    :D
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    SEABROOK!!!!!!! Big Big W
  • Options
    Made it to the 2nd overtime but passed out on the couch. Woke up at 3am and saw that Seabrook scored the winner! Darling played great....looks like he's our guy for the rest of the playoffs.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    so tired today, but worth it
  • Options
    Next!

Why does it take so fn long for the Hawks to wake up and play?
    Seems like even the last few years...playoffs....the Hawks SUCK in the first period.

I love me some playoff hockey!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Nice to see Crow come thru when we need him most!
  • Options
    Was at a wedding last night so didn't see much of the game. Crawford has to be the guy going forward....no more of this going back and forth nonsense. Looks like it will be Hawks-Wild in the 2nd round.....Hawks in 6!
  • Options
    Kane's goal at the end of the 1st was HUGE!! I'd be shocked if Crawford doesn't start game 1. Glad to see Minnesota send the Blues packing!
  • Options
    No way Crawford doesn't start going forward. The Wild will be tough!
    Hawks in 7.
  • Options
    Would this series start already??? Going to the game tomorrow night...can't wait.
  • Options
    3-0! Crow was awesome tonight.
  • Options
    Sweep! This team is on fire right now....how awesome has Kane been?? Hard to see anyone beating the Hawks right now.

Only negative is losing Roszivsal....as much shit as he has gotten this year, he has actually been pretty solid since game 3 of the Nashville series. They were already a little thin on the blue line with Kimo only getting 8-10 minutes per game. I'm guessing Rundblad will step in to take over for Roszival. I guess Keith will just have to play 40 minutes a game now.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Sweep! This team is on fire right now....how awesome has Kane been?? Hard to see anyone beating the Hawks right now.

Only negative is losing Roszivsal....as much shit as he has gotten this year, he has actually been pretty solid since game 3 of the Nashville series. They were already a little thin on the blue line with Kimo only getting 8-10 minutes per game. I'm guessing Rundblad will step in to take over for Roszival. I guess Keith will just have to play 40 minutes a game now.

The Hawks are definitely firing on all cylinders.

Growing up I always heard about the Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Tony Esposito Blackhawks teams. Teams led by 3 future Hall Of Famers. Though I am pretty sure they only won 1 Stanley Cup.

Fact is.....These Kane, Toews, Crawford teams....Are BETTER teams
    These Hawks are a Dynasty.

Good Stuff!

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options

Growing up I always heard about the Bobby Hull, Stan Makita, Tony Esposito Blackhawks teams. Teams led by 3 future Hall Of Famers. Though I am pretty sure they only won 1 Stanley Cup.

Good Stuff!

Absolutely. This is now 5 of 7 years in the Conference Finals. Amazing feat when you consider how tough the NHL playoffs are. 2 Cups during that streak too. This year is like the 2010 team....such a deep team rolling 4 lines. Unfortunately the other similarity to the 2010 team is that this team will be looking very different next year due to salary cap restraints with the Toews/Kane new deals kicking in.
  • Options

Growing up I always heard about the Bobby Hull, Stan Makita, Tony Esposito Blackhawks teams. Teams led by 3 future Hall Of Famers. Though I am pretty sure they only won 1 Stanley Cup.

Good Stuff!

Absolutely. This is now 5 of 7 years in the Conference Finals. Amazing feat when you consider how tough the NHL playoffs are. 2 Cups during that streak too. This year is like the 2010 team....such a deep team rolling 4 lines. Unfortunately the other similarity to the 2010 team is that this team will be looking very different next year due to salary cap restraints with the Toews/Kane new deals kicking in.
    We all were terrified in 2010, when the salary cap forced the Hawks to break up that team. 3 years later we won another CUP. The Hawks organization did a pretty damned good job of replacing the pieces.

• Options

Good Stuff!

We all were terrified in 2010, when the salary cap forced the Hawks to break up that team. 3 years later we won another CUP. The Hawks organization did a pretty damned good job of replacing the pieces.

Yep. I have 100% confidence in this organization....funny the difference a decade makes, huh? 10 years ago you could walk up to the UC at game time and get an $8 ticket and then sit pretty much wherever you wanted. Now you're looking at $100 for a standing room ticket for these playoff games!
  • Options

Good Stuff!

Yep. I have 100% confidence in this organization....funny the difference a decade makes, huh? 10 years ago you could walk up to the UC at game time and get an $8 ticket and then sit pretty much wherever you wanted. Now you're looking at $100 for a standing room ticket for these playoff games!
    Next series, lets get together for a Saturday or Sunday game?
    I know I can talk JTH(friend from the board) in to going out for a beverage or 2.
    Interested?
  • Options

Good Stuff!

Next series, lets get together for a Saturday or Sunday game?
    I know I can talk JTH(friend from the board) in to going out for a beverage or 2.
    Interested?
    Yeah....if I can make it, definitely. Next few weeks are full of weddings,1st bday parties, etc... It's that time of the year.
  • Options
    Awesome! I think the Ducks are going to win and that should be a great series!
    Anyone hear anything more on Rosy's injury? The guy drives me crazy at times, but he has been playing solid D the last few games.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Awesome! I think the Ducks are going to win and that should be a great series!
    Anyone hear anything more on Rosy's injury? The guy drives me crazy at times, but he has been playing solid D the last few games.

No news on his injury yet, but I can't see him being able to play again this season. Looked like he fucked up his ankle really bad. That replay was nasty.
  • Options
    Fractured ankle. Out for the rest of the playoffs.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1012&id=815602&lang=en&navid=DL|CHI|home
    Great player, better taste in music. His videos are always set to Pearl Jam, cool to see one set to Mother Love Bone.