Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Ok
    When do playoff tickets go on sale?

My 2 friends who have season tickets already had to pay for their playoff tickets so I'd imagine the single game tix will be going on sale soon. Playoffs start up in a few weeks here.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,805

Ok

My 2 friends who have season tickets already had to pay for their playoff tickets so I'd imagine the single game tix will be going on sale soon. Playoffs start up in a few weeks here.
    I am hoping to take the wife to the 1st Sunday playoff game.
    Damn, Playoff Hockey is fun.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Ok

I am hoping to take the wife to the 1st Sunday playoff game.
    Damn, Playoff Hockey is fun.
    Good luck getting tix. It's great that the Blackhawks have become a top team in the NHL again, but it makes the tickets so damn expensive and hard to get.
  • Options
    Hawks are looking pretty damned good the last 7 or so games...
    And all without Kane.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

And all without Kane.

Good game last night. No offense but could be a finals match.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    badbrains said:

And all without Kane.

Good game last night. No offense but could be a finals match.
    Great game last night.
    The media would GO CRAZY if it were a Blackhawks/Rangers final.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Should've been the finals match up last season... Fuckin Kings. Fuck LA. Sons o' bitches didn't even know what hockey was until the Lakers started to suck.
  • Options
    Nice to get back to back wins over 2 quality teams.

Speedy- playoff tickets go on sale Monday at noon. Good luck getting tix....prices are crazy. Looks like its $70 for standing room tix for the 1st round.
  • Options

Speedy- playoff tickets go on sale Monday at noon. Good luck getting tix....prices are crazy. Looks like its $70 for standing room tix for the 1st round.

Thanks
  • Options

Shit, last finals it would've been cheaper to fly out to LA, get a hotel, buy a tickets to the game instead of New York. Only reason I even got 1 final was because my buddy's wife is super generous. I wouldn't mind a hawks/rangers final. That would be sick.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Shit, last finals it would've been cheaper to fly out to LA, get a hotel, buy a tickets to the game instead of New York. Only reason I even got 1 final was because my buddy's wife is super generous. I wouldn't mind a hawks/rangers final. That would be sick.
    Yeah, I can imagine the prices for Rangers games.

It just sucks that Hawks tix have gone up about 500% over the past 6-7 years. I guess that's the price you pay for winning. Luckily I have a couple friends w/ season seats so I get to a few games a year for face value.
  • Options
    Hawks clinched a playoff spot last night for the 7th year in a row. It's amazing how much things have changed with this team. Not making the playoffs isn't even a thought anymore.

They could still win the division here...only 3 points behind Nashville with a game in hand. Should be a fun finish to the season here. Can't wait for playoff hockey...it's the best.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Hawks clinched a playoff spot last night for the 7th year in a row. It's amazing how much things have changed with this team. Not making the playoffs isn't even a thought anymore.

They could still win the division here...only 3 points behind Nashville with a game in hand. Should be a fun finish to the season here. Can't wait for playoff hockey...it's the best.

Yeah, it doesn't get much better than playoff hockey! That said, any updates on Kane's return? I know he's been doing some non-contact practice, but haven't heard anything on an actual return date. This team is going to have real problems in the playoffs as it is, but not having one of the best offensive players in the league....could be an early exit.
  • Options
    7 weeks is what I read somewhere yesterday. Whether that's credible or not, I don't know.
  • Options

7 weeks is what I read somewhere yesterday. Whether that's credible or not, I don't know.

7 weeks, damn, playoffs mite be over for u guys by then.
  • Options
    They keep saying that Kane is looking good and it's possible that he could be back early. Original timeline was 12 weeks which would be the Conference Finals. Hopefully he can be back a little early and maybe end of 1st round or the 2nd round series if the Hawks get there.
  • Options
    The lengths that the Predators are going to in order to keep out Blackhawks fans is pretty pathetic.....

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150414/west-loop/nashville-predators-stubhub-at-odds-over-blackhawk-tickets
  • Options
    I cannot stand when teams do the zip code thing. Let's say a Nashville fan lives near, for sake of argument, Cincinnati. Are they going to not allow that person to buy a ticket because they don't have a Tennessee zip code? It's fucking arrogant and stupid!

Hell, I live in Maryland. What if the Blackhawks did the same thing and required a Chicago area zip code? I wouldn't be able to go to a playoff game? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
  • Options

I cannot stand when teams do the zip code thing. Let's say a Nashville fan lives near, for sake of argument, Cincinnati. Are they going to not allow that person to buy a ticket because they don't have a Tennessee zip code? It's fucking arrogant and stupid!

Hell, I live in Maryland. What if the Blackhawks did the same thing and required a Chicago area zip code? I wouldn't be able to go to a playoff game? Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Yeah, I guess this is what happens when you have a shitty fanbase. Even in the playoffs, they are obsessed with keeping Hawks fans out.
  • Options
    Kane back for game 1. I really, really hope he's 100%!
    And you know teams are going to hit him hard...
  • Options
    Hawks in 6
  • Options
    I agree.
    Hawks in 6
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Kane back for game 1. I really, really hope he's 100%!
    And you know teams are going to hit him hard...

I feel like he has been back skating for awhile now so his stamina should be good. After he takes a couple of hits, he should be just fine. Can't wait for this to get going tonight.

I agree with the Hawks in 6 predictions.
  • Options
    Let's go Hawks!
  • Options
    F! First period was horrible! F!
  • Options
    I just LOVE Playoff Hockey
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I think I'm finally gonna go to bed now... holy christ Darling was an absolute phenom tonight! Glad the offense finally got some fire under their asses to back up the poor start.
  • Options
    Quite a turnaround in that one! Wow. They looked like absolute garbage in the 1st period. I still will never understand why Roszival continues to play. And if Q is obsessed with playing him, he should be buried on the bench and not playing with Keith. That 2nd period was awesome. That's a killer loss for Nashville...blowing a 3-0 lead at home.

Also- the lengths that they go to to keep Blackhawks fans out of there is beyond pathetic. I'm kinda embarrassed for them.
  • Options
    Totally agree on Roszival. Hell, why Seabrook sees so much ice time boggles my mind. Should've traded him and kept Leddy.
    I trust Q with all my might, he has brought us 2 Cups after all. But he does seem to have a few favorites who completely suck it up night after night, yet still see ice time when there is better talent available at the position. (See: Bollig/Morin last season)