Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    i miss the old norris division playoff rivalries. this is the closest to that we have had in awhile.

i think whoever wins this series wins the conference.

at this point in the season it is not about how good your team is. it is about how healthy and how lucky they are. nobody in the nhl is at 100% right now. everybody has some kind of injury they are playing through.. whoever can keep their best players suited up has the best chance.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    hats off to the hawks. it was a good game on both sides tonight. we have ourselves a series, folks.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Terribly sloppy game....but I'll take it.
    Kane does not look healthy at all.
    Bicks turns the puck over ever damn shift.
    The PP is far too predictable.
    Brookbank played well in Seabrooks abscense.
    Crawford played well.

Good win, but they need to step it up!!!
  • Options
    Oh, and had Keith gotten injured or stayed down for any length of time, Ott would be gone for some games too.
    Seabrook's hit is not in his character, yet happens all the time in the NHL. Rarely is the hit "fined" rather the response. Hell...even a high stick will get you more time if the guy bleeds....:fp:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    mca47 said:

Terribly sloppy game....but I'll take it.
    Kane does not look healthy at all.
    Bicks turns the puck over ever damn shift.
    The PP is far too predictable.
    Brookbank played well in Seabrooks abscense.
    Crawford played well.

Good win, but they need to step it up!!!

Great win to get back in the series...Crawford was awesome. Kane showed some bursts last night, but definitely doesn't seem like himself yet...hopefully he will get stronger as the series goes on. Can't complain at all about Brookbank...stepped in and did a really nice job. PP has to be better than that. Anytime Sharp wants to join in this series would be just fine with me.
  • Options
    i would think hossa would be more of a factor.

i have not followed the hawks this season as much as i normally do. has he had a decent year?

• Options

i would think hossa would be more of a factor.

i have not followed the hawks this season as much as i normally do. has he had a decent year?

Yeah, he hasn't shown up on the score sheet yet, but he does so much that doesn't show up. His puck possession ability is a beautiful thing and his forecheck is always solid.

He had a very solid year...missed about 10 games which is standard for him and scored 30 goals.

• Options
    Game 4 tonight! 830pm local start time sucksl. NHL and NBA are brutal with the scheduling for the playoffs.
  • Options
    Good game. Fn Kaner! That guy seems to have shaken off the rust.
    Is there anybody more exciting to watch in the NHL than Mr. Kane?
    Awesome!

The Hawks really seemed to skate a lot better tonight.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,886
    So...Ummm

How many goals has Crawford given up with less that 1 minute left in the period?

4?

WTF!!!!!!!

But yeah..
    Great game

KANER!!!!!!!

Good chance I go to Sundays game.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    kane looked really good last night. that guy is a menace. big win by the hawks last night.

this has been a really exciting series. neither team can ever be counted out.

anybody think we are going 7?

• Options

kane looked really good last night. that guy is a menace. big win by the hawks last night.

Kane looked great last night...he's so good!

3 out of 4 games into OT so far....this has not been fun to watch! I could see it going 7, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks win the next 2...the looked much more confident offensively last night.
  • Options
    I could totally see this going to 7.
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    mca47 said:

My nerves can't take much more of this! :))

I'm hoping they can steal Game 5 in StL and close it out at home in game 6 and not have to worry about going back to StL again.

I've been thinking about driving in for this Sunday's game since the playoffs started. Does anyone have extra tickets available that I wouldn't have to take a loan out for? :)
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options

Kane looked great last night...he's so good!

3 out of 4 games into OT so far....this has not been fun to watch! I could see it going 7, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks win the next 2...the looked much more confident offensively last night.
    as the game went on, the later it got, kane was the best player on the ice. i can't believe the blues did not get a body on him every chance they had. but that is what you have to do, you have to make your opponent's best guys beat you, and the blues left kane alone for much of the game and he made them pay. i have a lot of respect for kane, and i wish the blues had him.

if you all beat us, i want you all to get the cup again.

• Options
    jason_94 said:

mca47 said:

I'm hoping they can steal Game 5 in StL and close it out at home in game 6 and not have to worry about going back to StL again.

I've been thinking about driving in for this Sunday's game since the playoffs started. Does anyone have extra tickets available that I wouldn't have to take a loan out for? :)

Yeah, no more overtimes! And I definitely can't handle a game 7!

I feel like the Blues had their chance to put the Hawks away by winning 1 of the games in Chicago and they blew it. I feel really good about the Hawks the rest of the way here.

Good luck finding a cheap ticket! Hawks tickets are going for crazy prices these days....especially if that game is a possible clincher. Looks like the cheapest standing room ticket is around $120....that's insane for the 1st round.
  • Options

jason_94 said:

mca47 said:

I feel like the Blues had their chance to put the Hawks away by winning 1 of the games in Chicago and they blew it. I feel really good about the Hawks the rest of the way here.

Good luck finding a cheap ticket! Hawks tickets are going for crazy prices these days....especially if that game is a possible clincher. Looks like the cheapest standing room ticket is around $120....that's insane for the 1st round.

I thought it was high for the 1st round also, especially SRO.

The last time I was at the UC was the 1st year it opened, in 1995. I can't remember. Where are the SRO areas? Also, are they reserved SRO spaces? I see people selling SRO with "seat" numbers.

I was at the old Igloo around that same time frame and we bought SRO the day of the game. They were actually numbered spots on a railing behind the lower level seats. So, you could go get a beer or use the RR and come back to your same spot. It was actually really cool, especially because of where ours were.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Options
    jason_94 said:

jason_94 said:

mca47 said:

The last time I was at the UC was the 1st year it opened, in 1995. I can't remember. Where are the SRO areas? Also, are they reserved SRO spaces? I see people selling SRO with "seat" numbers.

I was at the old Igloo around that same time frame and we bought SRO the day of the game. They were actually numbered spots on a railing behind the lower level seats. So, you could go get a beer or use the RR and come back to your same spot. It was actually really cool, especially because of where ours were.

The SRO area is behind the seats up at the top of the 300 level. I haven't had those tickets for a few years, but I don't remember it being numbered with reserved spots. It's actually not too bad of a view from up there. Good luck finding a ticket!
  • Options

jason_94 said:

jason_94 said:

mca47 said:

The SRO area is behind the seats up at the top of the 300 level. I haven't had those tickets for a few years, but I don't remember it being numbered with reserved spots. It's actually not too bad of a view from up there. Good luck finding a ticket!

Thanks, I'll need it!

Do they sell any tickets the day of the game?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    playoff hockey :ar!

as a ranger fan, it has always been very easy to get behind this blackhawk team the past couple of seasons. however with the uptick in bandwagon fans around the city that have been running their mouths, PART (small part) of me wants to see this team implode :))

and it's hard to not root for a guy like ryan miller.
  • Options
    rival. said:

. however with the uptick in bandwagon fans around the city that have been running their mouths, PART (small part) of me wants to see this team implode :))

Yep...the price of success is all the bandwagon fans who don't know shit about hockey thinking they are experts. I can deal with that! But I'm sure that's tough for you as a Rangers fan.

That used to be the case for Miller with me, but have had no trouble rooting against him once he put that Blues jersey on
  • Options

rival. said:

. however with the uptick in bandwagon fans around the city that have been running their mouths, PART (small part) of me wants to see this team implode :))

Yep...the price of success is all the bandwagon fans who don't know shit about hockey thinking they are experts. I can deal with that! But I'm sure that's tough for you as a Rangers fan.

That used to be the case for Miller with me, but have had no trouble rooting against him once he put that Blues jersey on
    it's funny how that works... i used to hate Ott's guts, then he put on the blues sweater and i just gotta pull for him now.

• Options

rival. said:

it's funny how that works... i used to hate Ott's guts, then he put on the blues sweater and i just gotta pull for him now.

Yep, it's funny how a change of uniform can change your opinion of someone.
  • Options
    Hopefully the Hawks can steal one in St Louis tonight!

GO HAWKS !!!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Options
    Jonathan fucking Toews!!!! Let's close it out on Sunday!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Tight series ... 4 overtimes.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Game 6 prediction

Hawks are gonna beat the Blues silly!

4-1

Game
    Set
    Match
  • Options
    Watched most of the first and all of the second period at the San Diego airport. Had to board after the second, the planes WIFI was down. Spent an hour just waiting to land to find out what happened!
    Awesome!

• Options
    mca47 said:

Watched most of the first and all of the second period at the San Diego airport. Had to board after the second, the planes WIFI was down. Spent an hour just waiting to land to find out what happened!
    Awesome!

I truly believe the Hawks will crush St. Louie on Sunday.

• Options

mca47 said:

Awesome!

I truly believe the Hawks will crush St. Louie on Sunday.

I certainly hope so! So sick of the fn Blues!