Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Game 7 for Ducks- Kings tonight. Pulling for the Kings since we'd get the home ice advantage...and I hate the Ducks.
  • Options
    Let's go Hawks! Hawks in 6.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Nice game by the Hawks. Game of inches... Who knows what that third period would have looked like if that semi-breakaway by the Kings didn't go off the post.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    rival. said:

Nice game by the Hawks. Game of inches... Who knows what that third period would have looked like if that semi-breakaway by the Kings didn't go off the post.

Yeah, that second period was rough!
    What is it about the second period for the Hawks this postseason? Seems like they come out flat every damn time!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
  • Options

That was fn awesome! image
  • Options
    mca47 said:

God I love Hossa. Things sure have gone pretty well with the Hawks since they signed him.
  • Options

mca47 said:

God I love Hossa. Things sure have gone pretty well with the Hawks since they signed him.
    Yup. You know Brown was thinking "Oh yeah, here we go....." Next think he knows he's on his fn back! hahahahaha!
  • Options
    Finally game 2 is tonight...feels like forever since game 1. Not sure if Shaw will be back tonight, but good to hear that he has been skating the past few days. I'm guessing he'll be back for game 3 on Saturday.
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Pearl Jam tour announcement today & Blackhawks playoff hockey tonight!

It should be a great day!

I hope it all turns out good!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options

Finally game 2 is tonight...feels like forever since game 1. Not sure if Shaw will be back tonight, but good to hear that he has been skating the past few days. I'm guessing he'll be back for game 3 on Saturday.

Yes, I completely agree. It has seemed like forever. I don't understand all of the multiple days off between games in this round. Well, I kind of do, but I don't like it. :))

I was looking for Shaw in Game 1 also. Hopefully he's back in the lineup tonight !
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Options
    Why Go played at the UC a few minutes in. Should be 1 of many. The UC is probably pissed that PJ passed them up too!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Options
    Well that really fell apart quickly last night. Shit.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    you know the hawks won't get their asses beat like that again this postseason. put it behind them and move onto games 3 and 4 in LA.
  • Options
    rival. said:

you know the hawks won't get their asses beat like that again this postseason. put it behind them and move onto games 3 and 4 in LA.

Yeah...hard to see that happening again. It was just shocking how quickly that happened. Quick made some monster saves in the 2nd to keep the Kings in it.
  • Options
    For the love of God, would Q please stop playing Bollig??? He brings ZERO to the table. ZERO. Takes a dumbass penalty away from the puck to start the 3rd period and the Kings score right away to tie it. Absolutely brutal.
  • Options

rival. said:

Yeah...hard to see that happening again. It was just shocking how quickly that happened. Quick made some monster saves in the 2nd to keep the Kings in it.

Yes, all true. The "Too many men on the ice" penalty was BS too.

Once it started going downhill, it went fast & there was no getting back.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
  • Options

For the love of God, would Q please stop playing Bollig??? He brings ZERO to the table. ZERO. Takes a dumbass penalty away from the puck to start the 3rd period and the Kings score right away to tie it. Absolutely brutal.

Yeah, Bollig is fn worthless. With Shaw expected to come back, I'm hoping he gets scratched.
    Said it before and will say it again....

Where the fuck is Sharp?!?!?
    And to a lesser extent....where the fuck is Hossa?!?!

Fuck!!!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Yeah, Bollig is fn worthless. With Shaw expected to come back, I'm hoping he gets scratched.
    Said it before and will say it again....

Where the fuck is Sharp?!?!?
    And to a lesser extent....where the fuck is Hossa?!?!

Fuck!!!
    Yep...completely worthless. Same can be said for Handzus...the guy is just too slow. But Q would never bench both of those guys...I guess that would just make too much sense.

Sharp needs to show up. Hossa doesn't have the goals, but it still leading the team in points for the playoffs...plus that guy makes so many plays away from the puck that don't show up on the score sheet.

Gotta get 1 of these games in LA...should be a lot of Hawks fans there. There's always a ton of Hawks fans at these games in SoCal.
  • Options
    Brutal weekend in LA for the Hawks. Their PK has been awful. Sharp has been non-existent the entire playoffs and Kane hasn't done much at all this series. Need the big time players to step up if the Hawks want to pull off a miracle comeback here.
  • Options
    What a game last night. Hawks came out flying but then gave it right back. Crawford played like shit. That first OT was insane....so fast and so much action. What a pass by Saad to Handzus for the winner....Saad and Kane were both awesome last night. Still alive!
  • Options
    Oh man, game 7. Let's finish the comeback!
  • Options

Oh man, game 7. Let's finish the comeback!

Jumping in the bandwagon. Would love to see the Blackhawks-Rangers in Stanley Cup Playoffs. Was really hoping for Montreal Canadiens-Chicago Blackhawks, but you can't always get want you want. LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS!!!
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,352
    :D . Great series! GO KINGS!!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Definitely a damn good series. Didn't turn out like I wanted, but I'm glad they at least made a series out of it. A Hawks/Rangers final would've been a freakin dream for me. Ah well.
  • Options
    Damn. What a heartbreaker. How many times did the Hawks give away leads in this series???? This sucks. Kings are a great team and it's hard to see them losing to the Rangers. Great series.
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    That was a tough one....really got my hopes up the way the game started but knew with the strange bounces in this series and the momentum changes that 2 goals wasn't going to be enough.....need to seriously look at getting another solid stay at home D-man...Leddy is a huge liability if he doesn't contribute any offence (you could see that on the Kings winning goal) and Oduya was terrible last night....and we just needed Crawford to make one big save, he was flopping like a fish out of water and is way too inconsistent....
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    I don't follow a lot of hockey and don't know what Nielsen ratings mean.....but chi-town throws up a 22; LameA a 4. 8-|
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Well....

Go Bears!

Gonna be interesting to see what the Hawks do in the offseason.
    What I don't get is how ineffective the Hawk's D was in the postseason. They seemed uncoordinated and undercoached. Far too often I'd watch as a guy from the other team just stood in front of Crawford for like 20 seconds untouched. Or dropped assignments. Ugh!

Go Bears!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    imalive said:

I don't follow a lot of hockey and don't know what Nielsen ratings mean.....but chi-town throws up a 22; LameA a 4. 8-|

Buffalo got over a 7