Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    Hopefully having 10 guys in the olympics won't be a killer down the stretch here.

I ended up getting tickets to the game vs the Pens at Solider Field on Saturday. It's supposed to be fucking freezing...wasn't expecting that for March 1st.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I've been to 2 games this year- vs the Jets and vs te Bruins..going to Hawks/Jackets on my 30th on 3/6/14 and so happy. I love watching great teams, esp those that I root for.
  • Options

I've been to 2 games this year- vs the Jets and vs te Bruins..going to Hawks/Jackets on my 30th on 3/6/14 and so happy. I love watching great teams, esp those that I root for.

Doesn't get much better than a Hawks game at the UC. Best sport to see live.
  • Options
    Tough loss in Philly last night. Huge game tonight against the Blues. Would be nice to beat STL once before the inevitable playoff matchup.
  • Options
    It starts tonight. St. Louis is hurting and limped into the playoffs....Hawks in 6.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Not sure how I feel about Q's proposed lines tonight.
    We'll see i guess...
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Not sure how I feel about Q's proposed lines tonight.
    We'll see i guess...

Umm yeah, very interesting lines. Kane on a 3rd line it looked like?? Not too worried though...Q is always changing up the lines as the game goes on.
  • Options
    Well that sucked. Killer to give up the tying goal with 2 mins left in the 3rd.....they played a shitty 3rd period and ended up paying for it. Gotta even it up tomorrow.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    How come they never showed a good replay of Kane's break away? Looked offsides to me.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    He was in front of and close to being even with the D as It left Toews' stick. You can be behind them when you get the puck, just not when it's passed to you.
  • Options
    But yeah, they played way to passive and conservative in the 3rd period. Not smart! Ugh!
    I hated those lines last night. I get Kane didn't look like he was 100% but he shouldn't be on the third line. Bickel played like shit. The second line looked pretty bad too.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,886
    2 tough losses
    2 VERY tough losses.
    Painful
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Lets go BLUES!!! Lets sweep em' right out of the playoffs!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    seabrook is a punk bitch. he is lucky he only got 3 games.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Dirty stuff. Celebrating a serious injury isn't cool. Hope the Blues stay focused on their game plan & finish these guys up quickly.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Dirty stuff. Celebrating a serious injury isn't cool. Hope the Blues stay focused on their game plan & finish these guys up quickly.

Funny to hear a Blues fan calling another team dirty.....you realize Ott and Lapierre are on the Blues, right?

The hit by Seabrook was reckless and awful, but definitely not intentional. That's not the type of player he is...never been suspended once in 9 years.
  • Options
    I'm sure he wasn't intentionally trying to injure him but he definitely was intentionally trying to hit him as hard as he possibly could. He launched himself as the guys head. If hockey wants to be taken more seriously, he should be done for the playoffs. Lucic should have been suspended a game, $5k is nothing.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I'm sure he wasn't intentionally trying to injure him but he definitely was intentionally trying to hit him as hard as he possibly could. He launched himself as the guys head. If hockey wants to be taken more seriously, he should be done for the playoffs. Lucic should have been suspended a game, $5k is nothing.

Well there has been a whole lot of guys trying to hit each other as hard as they can....that seems to be the norm in the playoffs

So Seabrook should be done for the playoffs, but Lucic should only get 1 game?!? The $5K fine for Lucic is a complete joke....should have gotten at least 2-3 games for that nonsense he pulled.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Seabrook has no history of discipline problems that I know of ... he didn't launch himself, his right skate appears to still be on the ice, he made contact in the head area with his shoulder. the problem is the suit of armor these guys are wearing today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSNtMDkRjBA
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    A game is better than 5K but I agree with you that Lucic got off light.

You launch with your lead skate which has to be on the ice to in order to drive(launch). If he wasn't launching his skates would never leave the ice.

I have no personal attachment to either of these teams. I don't like it when players on my team do these things. These hits have to stop, period.

The sad thing is that if a star player was hit like that, it would be a longer suspension.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

Funny to hear a Blues fan calling another team dirty.....you realize Ott and Lapierre are on the Blues, right?

The hit by Seabrook was reckless and awful, but definitely not intentional. That's not the type of player he is...never been suspended once in 9 years.
    Was I talking about other dirty hockey players? No, I wasn't. Don't be so defensive man. This is why this forum is the basement in my opinion. I share a sentiment that's sports related and the convo turns into this. :-O
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    that's a hockey play ... but it deserves a suspension ... no idea what the nhl is thinking with the lucic thing ... he should have gotten at least a game and the max fine ($10k) ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

that's a hockey play ... but it deserves a suspension ... no idea what the nhl is thinking with the lucic thing ... he should have gotten at least a game and the max fine ($10k) ...

I don't think that can be an accepted hockey play anymore, hitting yes head shots no. The puck was 10-15 feet away from him.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

polaris_x said:

I don't think that can be an accepted hockey play anymore, hitting yes head shots no. The puck was 10-15 feet away from him.
    for sure - that's why i said he should be suspended but i don't think the intent was to injure ... the game moves faster and faster and these plays are the result ... as for the puck ... you can see in the replay that seabrook is well on his way to hitting backes when he gives up/loses the puck to keith ... the video posted above is great for reviewing the play ... basically they are lined up shoulder to shoulder up until the last second when backes turns to look for the puck ...
  • Options
    seabrook went in and he was out of control. having played hockey for 10 years, you go in to hit a guy and you have your balance and you keep your feet. how often do guys fall when they deliver a routine hit in the corner? this was different. seabrook fell on his ass because he was completely leaning into backes and he led with his shoulder. he led with his shoulder and the point of his aim was backes' head. there is no disputing that. he tried to hit him as hard as he could, otherwise he would have kept his balance and he would not have fallen.

that was some real Ogie Oglethorp shit there.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

seabrook went in and he was out of control. having played hockey for 10 years, you go in to hit a guy and you have your balance and you keep your feet. how often do guys fall when they deliver a routine hit in the corner? this was different. seabrook fell on his ass because he was completely leaning into backes and he led with his shoulder. he led with his shoulder and the point of his aim was backes' head. there is no disputing that. he tried to hit him as hard as he could, otherwise he would have kept his balance and he would not have fallen.

that was some real Ogie Oglethorp shit there.

Agree with most of what you said. He was reckless and out of control and tried to hit him as hard as he could (like most guys do in the playoffs...not going to fault him for that). Don't think he was aiming for the head though...Seabrook isn't a headhunter...never has been.

Should be interesting to see how the Blues come out tonight. I really hope this doesn't turn into a complete goon series with head shots, fights, etc...
  • Options
    pause lukin's video at about 1:27 ... it's shoulder to shoulder at that point ... at that speed - there's no turning back ...
  • Options
    don't think "most guys" go out there trying to cream their opponet and hit them as hard as they can. some do because that is their role, but most guys know that taking a run at someone with a big hit they risk ending up out of position and giving up and odd man rush.

the blues are going to come out fired up and try to set the tone. in interviews the only person talking any trash on the hawks is reaves. the rest of the blues seem a bit more level headed about this situation than the fans are. i think both teams realize how pivotal this game is. i don't think it will turn into a goon fest. reaves may be a cement head, but he knows the code and most times is pretty honorable as far as enforcers go.

the hawks are going to start fast and try to get the lead. they are going to be as physical as they have all season so this will be an exciting game.

• Options

don't think "most guys" go out there trying to cream their opponet and hit them as hard as they can. some do because that is their role, but most guys know that taking a run at someone with a big hit they risk ending up out of position and giving up and odd man rush.

the blues are going to come out fired up and try to set the tone. in interviews the only person talking any trash on the hawks is reaves. the rest of the blues seem a bit more level headed about this situation than the fans are. i think both teams realize how pivotal this game is. i don't think it will turn into a goon fest. reaves may be a cement head, but he knows the code and most times is pretty honorable as far as enforcers go.

the hawks are going to start fast and try to get the lead. they are going to be as physical as they have all season so this will be an exciting game.

Alright maybe not most guys try to hit as hard as they can in the playoffs...I guess I was just trying to say that the intensity and physicality definitely goes up a notch in the playoffs...especially when it is 2 rivals like this. And the Blues have taken plenty of runs at the Hawks the first 2 games. Should be a good one tonight.