Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

all i asked for was a recap of an episode. if you dont wanna share thats fine, but dont piss on me for asking. i didnt think it was that big a deal.

Here's a nice recap of the episode....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Hats

cate frances---do not open that link. it is for your own good. find a way to watch the episode

sssshhhhh :shh:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    tomorrow!!!cant wait!!!!!this getting better at every episode!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    Hate to say it, but that was a ridiculous episode. Brody pulling all that shit at the VP's house.....there's no cameras in that place???? And the whole pacemaker thing was a bit much. Not all bad though. The scenes with Saul/Dar Adul and Carrie/Nazir were great. Hopefully they bounce back with 2 strong episodes to finish the season.
  • Options
    IM TRYING 2 HOURS TO SEE THE EPISODE AND MY NEPHEW DONT LET ME WITH THE GAMES AND THE RUNNING!!!! :fp: :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Hate to say it, but that was a ridiculous episode. Brody pulling all that shit at the VP's house.....there's no cameras in that place???? And the whole pacemaker thing was a bit much. Not all bad though. The scenes with Saul/Dar Adul and Carrie/Nazir were great. Hopefully they bounce back with 2 strong episodes to finish the season.

Yeah pretty much this.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    That scenario with the VP seems kind of unrealistic, Doesn't the VP have some kind of secret service protection anywhere he goes?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    That scenario with the VP seems kind of unrealistic, Doesn't the VP have some kind of secret service protection anywhere he goes?

You'd think that he would. There have been some things that have happened that have been questionable, but that shit on Sunday night was insane. Definitely approaching '24' territory.
  • Options
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    F. Murray! For such a quick scene, he rocked it.

Agreed the VP thing was odd, not to mention this never-done-before-lazy-writer's-easy-way-out exchange:

Brody to Jess - "Ugh...what are we doing?"
    Jess - "I have no idea"

Puh-lease.

Also, why does Jess call her husband by his last name? I've grown to dislike her immensely! If you're gonna fuck around on your husband, at least exercise some discretion, fer chrissakes.

That said, I had to re-watch the Carrie/Nazir scene - incredibly intense. And I might have to watch the whole damn episode again - despite the above-mentioned crap, this - along with Ep. 1 - was one of the best.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    hedonist wrote:
    F. Murray! For such a quick scene, he rocked it.

Agreed the VP thing was odd, not to mention this never-done-before-lazy-writer's-easy-way-out exchange:

Brody to Jess - "Ugh...what are we doing?"
    Jess - "I have no idea"

Puh-lease.

Also, why does Jess call her husband by his last name? I've grown to dislike her immensely! If you're gonna fuck around on your husband, at least exercise some discretion, fer chrissakes.

That said, I had to re-watch the Carrie/Nazir scene - incredibly intense. And I might have to watch the whole damn episode again - despite the above-mentioned crap, this - along with Ep. 1 - was one of the best.

I've been wondering that myself about the last name thing.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

Totally agree. That was the weakest episode of the entire series in my opinion. Abu Nazir makes Brody pinky swear to send him the code to remotely shut down the VP's pacemaker? Get the f**k outta here Abu Nazir, that's just silly.

And am I the only one that wants someone to order a drone strike on Brody's son? That kid is horrible! Stop giving him lines!!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Totally agree. That was the weakest episode of the entire series in my opinion. Abu Nazir makes Brody pinky swear to send him the code to remotely shut down the VP's pacemaker? Get the f**k outta here Abu Nazir, that's just silly.

And am I the only one that wants someone to order a drone strike on Brody's son? That kid is horrible! Stop giving him lines!!!!
    i was thinking the same about that kid..must be producer son or something and took the part
  • Options
    i was thinking the same about that kid..must be producer son or something and took the part

I mean really? All the kid does is play cards. "Dad...are we gonna finish playing hearts?"
    :fp:

and after the air strike on Brody's boy, Lets hit Finn next
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    yeah i agree with all these opinions. with each week, the show gets more and more unrealistic...still incredibly entertaining though. and, still, you gotta respect their balls for taking so many turns people don't expect.

this recap pretty much sums it up:
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/homeland ... maker.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

Can I have a quick word with your sister? :lol:
  • Options
    I LOVE this show, and also agree it's becoming increasinlgy unrealistic, but i'm still enjoying it.

I'm not sure if this was already posted on the thread (i didn't click on all the pages), but I guess Ben Affleck was supposed to direct the pilot episode, but he had to back out due to his fatherly duties. The article has a cute poem about it:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ben-affleck-al ... 5925417366
  • Options
    RainnWilson ‏@rainnwilson

Saul from Homeland owns one shirt.

:lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    RainnWilson ‏@rainnwilson

Saul from Homeland owns one shirt.

:lol:

gold!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tonight!! :D
  • Options

Hopefully they rebound from last week's AWFUL episode. I think they will....
  • Options

Hopefully they rebound from last week's AWFUL episode. I think they will....
    i think the same
  • Options
    Strike 2

:thumbdown:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Strike 2

:?:
  • Options
    I must say this episode is disappointing. It can't hold my attention.
  • Options
    downloading now
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Strike 2

Ummm yeah. WTF is going on with this show?? Like last week, there were some very good moments (Brody and Jessica scene in the car/ Saul and Estes scene), but the whole warehouse thing where they caught Nazir was beyond ridiculous. They made it clear that those SWAT team dudes work in pairs, yet it's only Carrie and the 1 dude that find Nazir while the rest of the team just disappears. Then the radios magically stop working. And of course Nazir jumps out like the villain in a shitty horror movie. I don't know if these writers forgot that their audience is smarter than this or what, but these last 2 weeks have been rough. I don't know where they go from here, but I'm hoping they wrap up this season in a good way next week.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Strike 2

Ummm yeah. WTF is going on with this show?? Like last week, there were some very good moments (Brody and Jessica scene in the car/ Saul and Estes scene), but the whole warehouse thing where they caught Nazir was beyond ridiculous. They made it clear that those SWAT team dudes work in pairs, yet it's only Carrie and the 1 dude that find Nazir while the rest of the team just disappears. Then the radios magically stop working. And of course Nazir jumps out like the villain in a shitty horror movie. I don't know if these writers forgot that their audience is smarter than this or what, but these last 2 weeks have been rough. I don't know where they go from here, but I'm hoping they wrap up this season in a good way next week.

That sound like quite a shitty episode... going to watch it tonight, no high expectations of course... not depending from the comments in this forum, I was already pretty disappointed by the last episodes :(
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Strike 2

i've rolled my eyes more times these last 2 weeks than in all of these first 2 seasons combined.

still can't wait to see the finale though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Strike 2

It's weird that you mentioned the pairs thing. As soon as the one Sat guy with Carrie waived the others ahead I thought the same thing. I figured he was going to attack her though.