Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    No way! That would kill me if Saul turned out to be a double agent. I love that guy!

Just something doesn't seem right to me. Maybe I should open aninvestigation? :think: :lol:

Really? What doesn't seem right? Honestly, that would kinda ruin this show for me if Saul turned out to be a mole. The producers used to work on 24 where everyone was a mole so it would be pretty bad if they start pulling that same nonsense with this show.

Just the way he said Carrie should stay in the row and the looks he gave the other two guys. I don't, just a feeling I had.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Really? What doesn't seem right? Honestly, that would kinda ruin this show for me if Saul turned out to be a mole. The producers used to work on 24 where everyone was a mole so it would be pretty bad if they start pulling that same nonsense with this show.

I agree, it's kinda like just being shocking to be shocking without regard to character development. It's a bit of a lazy writer thing if they do it, much like 24 as you mention. Hopefully since this is cable they won't feel forced to resort to stupid stunts like that. I probably only watch shows on cable for this reason.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    marcos wrote:

I agree, it's kinda like just being shocking to be shocking without regard to character development. It's a bit of a lazy writer thing if they do it, much like 24 as you mention. Hopefully since this is cable they won't feel forced to resort to stupid stunts like that. I probably only watch shows on cable for this reason.

Exactly. It would make zero sense to have Saul be a mole at this point. Like you said, it is lazy writing like there was much of on 24 in the later seasons. I have confidence that this show won't resort to cheap tricks like that. It's just too damn good. I'm right with you...besides a few sitcoms, every show I watch is on cable.
  • Options
    I still think Saul is playing Carrie. We didn't see the scenes when they sent her out of the room before the questioning to talk. There's something hidden in his character we haven't seen yet. I just can't put my finger on it.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:
    I still think Saul is playing Carrie. We didn't see the scenes when they sent her out of the room before the questioning to talk. There's something hidden in his character we haven't seen yet. I just can't put my finger on it.

I kinda have thought the same thing about Saul all along (although I think it would be a reach). Someone in the agency is a traitor I just can't figure out for sure who it is. My votes go to either Danny or possibly Virgil. Did anyone else think the tone and the shot of him sitting in the car after Carrie dropped Brody off was weird?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    There's something hidden in his character we haven't seen yet. I just can't put my finger on it.

Really? You think so? It's tough with TV shows/movies like this to just accept someone as a good guy who doesn't have something else up their sleeve. Saul has obviously been an all-star at the CIA for 25-30 years so it's tough for me to believe that he would come out as a mole at this point in his career. If he were a mole, he would have been caught much earlier.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    DS1119 wrote:
    There's something hidden in his character we haven't seen yet. I just can't put my finger on it.

Really? You think so? It's tough with TV shows/movies like this to just accept someone as a good guy who doesn't have something else up their sleeve. Saul has obviously been an all-star at the CIA for 25-30 years so it's tough for me to believe that he would come out as a mole at this point in his career. If he were a mole, he would have been caught much earlier.

it's not implausible.

you ever see breach? that was based on a true story of a top cia agent who was a russian spy for over 20 years. underrated movie...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    tomorrow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cant wait!! :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    cant wait!! :)
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    My theory is Saul is a spy...double agent...something like that.
    I have like a fixed idea, since the first season when Saul holds the hands & then kisses the guy who killed himself in the CIA cell... Or am I misinterpreting everything? Sometimes it's quite hard for me to follow the dialogues without subtitles, did they ever say that Brody was the person who gave that guy the razor? If YES I missed it if NO, who did it then? I've always had my doubts about Saul...
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    downloading now...fuck work
  • Options
    awesome episode!!!!!
  • Options
    WTF!?! :shock:

This season is excellent, but truth be told, I couldn't care less about the Dana/Finn storyline, or the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum investing Tom Walker's death storyline. I do love how this is only one of 3 shows that I can't figure out and never have a clue of what they are gonna hit me with next
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Heisenberg wrote:
    WTF!?! :shock:

This season is excellent, but truth be told, I couldn't care less about the Dana/Finn storyline, or the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum investing Tom Walker's death storyline. I do love how this is only one of 3 shows that I can't figure out and never have a clue of what they are gonna hit me with next

I don't mind the Tom Walker storyline because that makes it four different angles Brody is being hit at

1 - Jessica

2 - The CIA

3 - Rona

4 - His fellow Marines

I still think we might see something more involved with the vice president as the season goes on.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I have like a fixed idea, since the first season when Saul holds the hands & then kisses the guy who killed himself in the CIA cell... Or am I misinterpreting everything? .

when did that happen?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    anyone think quin is shady? carrie has her doubts about him. then in this week's episode, he sets up the searching of the tailor's store without anyone watching the front of the building...is the one who calls for backup...and then is the only person to not get killed during the skirmish? i know he got shot, but maybe that was done to make it not look so obvious?

or maybe he is too obvious to be the mole? i don't know. so many directions they can go. i love that i cannot figure it out.

also...i love all of the different story lines, including dana and fin. i think the actress who plays dana is phenomenal. one of the better child actors i can remember from a tv series. it looks like jess goes to finn's mom (the vp's wife) to discuss this with her--somehow i can see this leading this her to mention something about brody working for the cia. she already let it slip to mike. she might think the vp knows about it already or something.

any of this make sense?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    anyone think quin is shady?

slowing nodding my head
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I do love how this is only one of 3 shows that I can't figure out and never have a clue of what they are gonna hit me with next

what are the other two? breaking bad?
    anyone think quin is shady? carrie has her doubts about him. then in this week's episode, he sets up the searching of the tailor's store without anyone watching the front of the building...is the one who calls for backup...and then is the only person to not get killed during the skirmish? i know he got shot, but maybe that was done to make it not look so obvious?

or maybe he is too obvious to be the mole? i don't know. so many directions they can go. i love that i cannot figure it out.
    i did think he was acting weird at first but then he got shot and made it look like he was dead until they left so maybe they just had him acting weird to make it feel like something was about to happen..
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I have like a fixed idea, since the first season when Saul holds the hands & then kisses the guy who killed himself in the CIA cell... Or am I misinterpreting everything? .

when did that happen?

Season 1 episode 5
  • Options

also...i love all of the different story lines, including dana and fin. i think the actress who plays dana is phenomenal. one of the better child actors i can remember from a tv series. it looks like jess goes to finn's mom (the vp's wife) to discuss this with her--somehow i can see this leading this her to mention something about brody working for the cia. she already let it slip to mike. she might think the vp knows about it already or something.

any of this make sense?

It is great to watch a show that you can't figure out. Not sure about Quin. Those terrorists came in there gunz blazin' so it would have been pretty hard for them not to have purposely shot him without killing him. it looked like he was just playing dead there.

Not crazy about the Finn/Dana story line, but it should get interesting once the VP and his wife get involved. Completely agree about the actress who plays Dana.....she is great.
  • Options
    tonight!! :D
  • Options
    downloading 8-)
  • Options
    downloading 8-)
    I'll watch it tonight...
    WHY is Carrie still attracted by Brody, after all she went through & all the things she knows about him?? Why did she cry on his shoulder last week, making herself so vulnerable again? He was (probably still IS...) the most dangerous person they've been try to catch for ages in US, I would expect a whole bunch of agents knocking at his office door after the massacre in the tailor's shop, instead of one single person – CARRIE – who always seems to be absolutely isolated in everything she does... uuuffff... :?:
  • Options
    downloading 8-)
    I'll watch it tonight...
    WHY is Carrie still attracted by Brody, after all she went through & all the things she knows about him?? Why did she cry on his shoulder last week, making herself so vulnerable again? He was (probably still IS...) the most dangerous person they've been try to catch for ages in US, I would expect a whole bunch of agents knocking at his office door after the massacre in the tailor's shop, instead of one single person – CARRIE – who always seems to be absolutely isolated in everything she does... uuuffff... :?:

well as much as they would like to do that stuff, they have to be delicate with the situation since they know an attack is imminent and any change in brody's demeanor could trigger to that muslim chick that they got to him, and all the progress they made would be lost.

kinda slow episode last night. i liked how they tied in dana and finn's hit and run with everything else.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    awesome episode last night..and saw trailer from next...wow
  • Options

well as much as they would like to do that stuff, they have to be delicate with the situation since they know an attack is imminent and any change in brody's demeanor could trigger to that muslim chick that they got to him, and all the progress they made would be lost.

kinda slow episode last night. i liked how they tied in dana and finn's hit and run with everything else.

I kinda figured last night's episode would be a little slow after all the action last week. Shocked to see Saul get worked like that. That was nice how they tied in the whole Finn/Dana thing....I was hoping it would work out like that.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who wanted to see Carrie get it in the woods? 8-)
  • Options
    by far the best show at the moment on tv
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    OK...thanks to word of mouth and then Time Warner giving us six months of free Showtime, I've inhaled the first season and made it to being current, all within the last month.

I LOVE THIS SHOW.

So beautifully executed, from the writing, to acting, directing...

I feel like an addict and am kind of pissed off that I'm all caught up now.

(not enough, I need more! - to quote my beloved Stinkfist)

Anyway, in the very first episode, when the CIA's watching the initial footage of shattered, long-haired Brody in the hole...he says "I'm an American".

I've been waiting for them to go back and show how that moment came to be, considering how he lived a "civilized" life with Abu Nazir et al prior to being rescued, and coming back to the US.