Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129
    I was hoping they wouldn't kill Nazir because it seems like there's more to find out from him. I think Roya though has some capabilities to do some things maybe on a smaller scale. I'm basing that on her rebuttal to Carrie in the interrogation room.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    This is obviously still a good show, but the last 2 weeks have been awful. I read a review today that was dead on. It talked about how the strength of this show is the character development, the relationships between those characters, and how the consequences of those relationships and behaviors are what make the show so compelling, which I totally agree with. The review went on to say that what is so frustrating about the show the last couple weeks is that it has mostly gone away from that style and become a show that revolves around multiple hyperbolic plot twists and "horror-movie logic", which I also totally agree with. It's becoming less and less about Carrie, Brodie, and Saul, as people and is becoming an unrealistic carbon copy of 24 where every week a new threat is resolved only to have a new one immediately pop up. I still have faith that this show will turn back around for the finale leading into season 3, but if they turn this into a "Carrie and Brodie on the run from the CIA" show next year I'm totally bailing out. These last 2 weeks have done nothing but mae me all the more anxious for the start of Breaking Bad (which unfortunately is still an eternity away).
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    just watched it....meh....

im intresting to see what will jhappen..this is the last season?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Last episode for this season on next Sunday, a third season has been already mentioned I think
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options

Last episode for this season on next Sunday, a third season has been already mentioned I think
    ok..cool
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778

Yeah, it has already been renewed for a 3rd season.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This is obviously still a good show, but the last 2 weeks have been awful. I read a review today that was dead on. It talked about how the strength of this show is the character development, the relationships between those characters, and how the consequences of those relationships and behaviors are what make the show so compelling, which I totally agree with. The review went on to say that what is so frustrating about the show the last couple weeks is that it has mostly gone away from that style and become a show that revolves around multiple hyperbolic plot twists and "horror-movie logic", which I also totally agree with. It's becoming less and less about Carrie, Brodie, and Saul, as people and is becoming an unrealistic carbon copy of 24 where every week a new threat is resolved only to have a new one immediately pop up. I still have faith that this show will turn back around for the finale leading into season 3, but if they turn this into a "Carrie and Brodie on the run from the CIA" show next year I'm totally bailing out. These last 2 weeks have done nothing but mae me all the more anxious for the start of Breaking Bad (which unfortunately is still an eternity away).

Were you reading Alan Sepinwall's review? That guy is great. If not, check him out on hitfix.com. He also writes some great reviews of Breaking Bad. Can't wait for the final

Completely agree with you. If this turns into Carrie and Brody on the run, no more Homeland for me. The Brody character has run its course and needs to go away. I'm really hoping they wrap up the season in a good way.
  • Options
    I was hoping they wouldn't kill Nazir because it seems like there's more to find out from him. I think Roya though has some capabilities to do some things maybe on a smaller scale. I'm basing that on her rebuttal to Carrie in the interrogation room.

How is Roya going to be capable of anything when she is in CIA custody??? I think Nazir's whole network is done. Next week is just going to wrap up the whole Carrie/Brody thing and the Saul/Estes thing too.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    If this turns into Carrie and Brody on the run, no more Homeland for me.

+1
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,129

How is Roya going to be capable of anything when she is in CIA custody??? I think Nazir's whole network is done. Next week is just going to wrap up the whole Carrie/Brody thing and the Saul/Estes thing too.

I don't know, perhaps she can sneak some calls in while the CIA isn't looking or perhaps this angle with Quinn and that Dar Adal guy will come into play.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    Heisenberg wrote:

Were you reading Alan Sepinwall's review? That guy is great. If not, check him out on hitfix.com. He also writes some great reviews of Breaking Bad. Can't wait for the final

Completely agree with you. If this turns into Carrie and Brody on the run, no more Homeland for me. The Brody character has run its course and needs to go away. I'm really hoping they wrap up the season in a good way.

vulture.com and grantland also always have great recaps of these shows...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

vulture.com and grantland also always have great recaps of these shows...

I've read the vulture.com reviews a couple times. Pretty good. That Greenwald guy that does the reviews on Grantland really annoys me. He's so busy using big words and trying to sound so intelligent that it's hard to follow what he is saying.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Maybe it is because i've watched all of season 2 in 3 days but i don't think the last couple episodes have been that bad.

Yes some things were a bit of a stretch for realism but i was willing to accept it. i was excited for everything that happened.

curious to how they set up season 3. Brody and Carrie have a big secret. i wonder how long they can stretch this out.
    :corn:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Maybe it is because i've watched all of season 2 in 3 days but i don't think the last couple episodes have been that bad.

Yes some things were a bit of a stretch for realism but i was willing to accept it. i was excited for everything that happened.

curious to how they set up season 3. Brody and Carrie have a big secret. i wonder how long they can stretch this out.
    :corn:

A bit of a stretch? I know it's TV and you have to let some stuff slide, but the last 2 episodes have been ridiculous. How the VP died and then the whole warehouse scene last week were just too much. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's like the writers forgot that they have a pretty intelligent audience watching. Hasn't been all bad though, there have still been some good moments. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

You think they could stretch this Carrie/Brody thing into season 3? I feel like that story has run its course and Brody either needs to be killed or just disappear. I'm sure there will be a new network of terrorists for Carrie and Saul to take down in season 3!
  • Options
    as implausible as just about everything in the last 2 episodes have been, i do agree that they have been pretty fucking entertaining. i really don't want them to go the route of brody and carrie on the run or something in season 3 though.

i suspect we will look back and say, although it showed an enormous amount of balls, flipping brody so early this year was when the show went beyond the point of no return...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    another ridiculous thing about this week's episode:

carrie justifying her belief that valdez is helping nazir get away by saying "well he is muslim." :lol: ---doesn't seem like something carrie would say.

and valdez just up and leaving the manhunt for the world's most wanted man because his stitches opened up, without telling anyone....and then speeding up when 15 cars appear to be chasing him? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    as implausible as just about everything in the last 2 episodes have been, i do agree that they have been pretty fucking entertaining. i really don't want them to go the route of brody and carrie on the run or something in season 3 though.

i suspect we will look back and say, although it showed an enormous amount of balls, flipping brody so early this year was when the show went beyond the point of no return...

Oh for sure. As crazy as that warehouse scene was, that was pretty intense. Carrie and Brody on the run for season 3 would be a mess.

Yeah, I was shocked that Brody came clean so soon this season. I thought that would take the whole season for that to happen, but they did it in episode 4 I think it was.
  • Options
    and i love how there is no mention of any investigation into the vp's death this week? all they said was the pacemaker malfunctioned. brody was in the room with him when it happened, obviously. he was talking to abu nazir on his fucking cell phone a minute before he died. ugh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    and i love how there is no mention of any investigation into the vp's death this week? all they said was the pacemaker malfunctioned. brody was in the room with him when it happened, obviously. he was talking to abu nazir on his fucking cell phone a minute before he died. ugh.

Yeah, the more you think about it, the more ridiculous it gets. Also, since when can you face time on a fucking blackberry????
  • Options

Yeah, the more you think about it, the more ridiculous it gets. Also, since when can you face time on a fucking blackberry????

i think it was skype? either way...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,263
    Highly unrealistic, ridiculous, yet entertaining show. Although I cant for the life of me understand how they're going to drag it out for a potential 5 seasons. Carrie is surely one of the most irritating characters ever to appear on TV! :nono:
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Warehouse scene :fp: moments:
    Why would any tach team not turn on all the lights and get a schematic of the warehouse before going in to catch "the most dangerous terrorist alive".
    No FBI tach team would take orders from an ex-CIA agent under any circumstance.
    They would not let her follow them as they swept the warehouse.
    Where were the fn dogs? If searching for a suspect, dogs would be used and dogs would have found his silly "hideout".
    They would have NEVER separated under any circumstance.
    The guy that got his throat slit wouldn't have breached new territory without an armed backup.

Other :fp: moments:
    Someone who was held hostage...ex-CIA or not would have gone through extensive debriefs. Apparently "I escaped" was good enough?
    Why Brody or Carrie's cellphone wasn't tapped after episode 3 is beyond me.
    Nobody questioning Brody after the VP died with nobody around but him.
    The remote controlled pacemaker.
    What do you want to bet Nazir's cellphone won't be examined?
    If Brody dies, Saul has just as much leverage over Estis (black CIA guy) as he does over him. Also, since when would a polygraph be used in court?

Lots of :fp: the last 2 weeks!!

Still entertaining, but it really went "24" really quick!
  • Options

i think it was skype? either way...

It was skype because they made sure to place the frigging logo on there every time you saw a phone. It was the "Homeland" brought to you by Skype episode.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

I'm always amused by scenes like this. Here's a group of agents wearing full tactical gear led by the one person in normal street clothes into a dangerous situation. They also have assault weaons and the one agent has a handgun. :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Warehouse scene :fp: moments:
    Why would any tach team not turn on all the lights and get a schematic of the warehouse before going in to catch "the most dangerous terrorist alive".
    They would not let her follow them as they swept the warehouse.
    Where were the fn dogs? If searching for a suspect, dogs would be used and dogs would have found his silly "hideout".
    They would have NEVER separated under any circumstance.
    The guy that got his throat slit wouldn't have breached new territory without an armed backup.

Other :fp: moments:
    Someone who was held hostage...ex-CIA or not would have gone through extensive debriefs. Apparently "I escaped" was good enough?
    Why Brody or Carrie's cellphone wasn't tapped after episode 3 is beyond me.
    Nobody questioning Brody after the VP died with nobody around but him.
    The remote controlled pacemaker.
    What do you want to bet Nazir's cellphone won't be examined?
    If Brody dies, Saul has just as much leverage over Estis (black CIA guy) as he does over him. Also, since when would a polygraph be used in court?

Lots of :fp: the last 2 weeks!!

Still entertaining, but it really went "24" really quick!

spot on analysis right here
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm cautiously optimistic about tonight's episode.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm cautiously optimistic about tonight's episode.

I thought the same thing going into last week's episode...that didn't work out so well. I hope you're right...they better wrap up this season on a high note.
  • Options
    waiting for torrent..
  • Options
    Well now...that was interesting
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of it. Interested to see how this plays out. What type of games Carrie plays to keep Brody safe. I still think Saul....something with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is involved with the bomb plot in Brody's truck.