Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    WHY is Carrie still attracted by Brody, after all she went through & all the things she knows about him?? Why did she cry on his shoulder last week, making herself so vulnerable again? He was (probably still IS...) the most dangerous person they've been try to catch for ages in US, I would expect a whole bunch of agents knocking at his office door after the massacre in the tailor's shop, instead of one single person – CARRIE – who always seems to be absolutely isolated in everything she does... uuuffff... :?:

when they first made them get together in the first season i thought it might ruin the show.. they made it work in the end but it's still a little awkward for me when Carrie tells Brody she loves him or when they kissed this episode.. it just seems a little unreal to me that she would be in to him as a CIA agent, especially after knowing she was right about him and what he was going to do..
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Yarden wrote:
    WHY is Carrie still attracted by Brody, after all she went through & all the things she knows about him?? Why did she cry on his shoulder last week, making herself so vulnerable again? He was (probably still IS...) the most dangerous person they've been try to catch for ages in US, I would expect a whole bunch of agents knocking at his office door after the massacre in the tailor's shop, instead of one single person – CARRIE – who always seems to be absolutely isolated in everything she does... uuuffff... :?:

when they first made them get together in the first season i thought it might ruin the show.. they made it work in the end but it's still a little awkward for me when Carrie tells Brody she loves him or when they kissed this episode.. it just seems a little unreal to me that she would be in to him as a CIA agent, especially after knowing she was right about him and what he was going to do..

Ummm, obviously it has been shown that Carrie isn't exactly mentally stable.
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820

you're right, but still..

did anyone catch the Homeland sketch on SNL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krBlghgRfCU
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    Yarden wrote:

you're right, but still..

did anyone catch the Homeland sketch on SNL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krBlghgRfCU
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Yarden wrote:

and its not only her instability.. she loves him. we cant help who we fall in love with. and so consequently its not easy to get over them... no matter how much we should for our own health.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:

and its not only her instability.. she loves him. we cant help who we fall in love with. and so consequently its not easy to get over them... no matter how much we should for our own health.

Don't know, I definitively agree, when you're in love your feelings are so overwhelming that it becomes quite hard to control yourself, & yes she is mentally unstable, BUT she is also a top CIA agent & she's back on her medications... I don't know, I have the feeling she is going to run into even bigger trouble than in the first season... we'll see! Enjoy the episode tonight!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    tonight :cry::D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Don't know, I definitively agree, when you're in love your feelings are so overwhelming that it becomes quite hard to control yourself, & yes she is mentally unstable, BUT she is also a top CIA agent & she's back on her medications... I don't know, I have the feeling she is going to run into even bigger trouble than in the first season... we'll see! Enjoy the episode tonight!

booo.... no episode for me tonight.. i had to work. :(

sure shes back on her meds and sure she had shock treatment but that doesnt mean shes 100% A-OK. but who knows maybe she just fucking with brody to get what she needs to get. thatd be awesome. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    awesome!!!!!!
  • Options
    cant wait for sunday!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    :o

i gotta re watch that episode. this is not a show to watch when you're boarding on falling asleep.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    holy shit...amazing episode..this show is kicking ass!!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

Holy Cow are you kidding me!!!! That episode was insanely good. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and sincerely thought Brodie was done for. This is the only show on TV that keeps me guessing half as much as Breaking Bad does.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Holy Cow are you kidding me!!!! That episode was insanely good. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and sincerely thought Brodie was done for. This is the only show on TV that keeps me guessing half as much as Breaking Bad does.

That's what makes both of thoses shows so great....I never have a fucking clue what is going to happen next.

I can't believe there are still 3 more episodes to go with this season. This whole new wrinkle with Quinn being some sort of Black Ops CIA assassin just made everything even more interesting.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That's what makes both of thoses shows so great....I never have a fucking clue what is going to happen next.

I can't believe there are still 3 more episodes to go with this season. This whole new wrinkle with Quinn being some sort of Black Ops CIA assassin just made everything even more interesting.
    STILL three more episodes? I've been thinking ONLY three more.

This shit's like opium to me :mrgreen:

Wonder what Brody's doing with alerting the CIA that Nazir is in the US, but not revealing that they prayed together during their visit.

(aaand, way to go to his wife for fucking Mike in the "guest room")
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

i feel stupid i choose to sleep at the couch instead of the guest house :fp:
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

STILL three more episodes? I've been thinking ONLY three more.

This shit's like opium to me :mrgreen:

Wonder what Brody's doing with alerting the CIA that Nazir is in the US, but not revealing that they prayed together during their visit.

Well yeah, ONLY 3 more episodes left. Just hard to believe that there are still 3 episodes left after everything that has happened this season. Defintely didn't think that the truth about Brody would come out by episode 4 or 5 this season or whatever it was.

Yeah, wondering if anything will come of Brody not mentioning the prayer thing. Could he have been turned back by Nazir? Was this attack that was averted just a ploy for something bigger? I never say this, but I can't wait for Sunday night!!!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,096
    The Quinn (or whatever his real name is) thing is quite an interesting turn. I thought something was off about him, but not to this extent.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Colbert made a good point last night. When do the characters on Homeland charge their cell phones and how do they get such good service no matter where they are? :lol:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Colbert made a good point last night. When do the characters on Homeland charge their cell phones and how do they get such good service no matter where they are? :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    The Quinn (or whatever his real name is) thing is quite an interesting turn. I thought something was off about him, but not to this extent.

i havent seen the episode youre speaking of, and wont cause i gotta work.. but ive been suspicious of quinn since he showed up. after the attack at the tailors shop my suspicions rose. please tell me more.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    hedonist wrote:

I think if he told them that, it would show a more significant loyalty lean to Nazir. If Brody is thinking long term, he trusts Nazir as his only way to have a life after it all goes down over the CIA.
  • Options

i havent seen the episode youre speaking of, and wont cause i gotta work.. but ive been suspicious of quinn since he showed up. after the attack at the tailors shop my suspicions rose. please tell me more.

that raised my suspicions too.

and i will never spoil an episode for someone even if they ask me too. watch it after work you crazy aussie!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

and i will never spoil an episode for someone even if they ask me too. watch it after work you crazy aussie!

i dont have the means to watch it after work. if i did i wouldntve asked for details of an unseen episode.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

i dont have the means to watch it after work. if i did i wouldntve asked for details of an unseen episode.

hmmm....so you are able to watch it before work...but after you go to work it just disappears? no rerun? dvr? on demand? internet? when australians leave for work, do they cross into a different dimension? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Go Beavers wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

I think if he told them that, it would show a more significant loyalty lean to Nazir. If Brody is thinking long term, he trusts Nazir as his only way to have a life after it all goes down over the CIA.
    Or, he's now playing Nazir, and praying with him garnered his trust.

I don't know...this show always turns me for a (wonderful) loop. I keep thinking we're gonna get another one of those what-the-fuck scenes that looks back on Brody's time before returning to the US, that will shed light on his intent.

(I still want to know how he came to be "re-imprisoned" and discovered by our troops in the very first episode)

(and, they best be already shooting Season 3!)
  • Options

hmmm....so you are able to watch it before work...but after you go to work it just disappears? no rerun? dvr? on demand? internet? when australians leave for work, do they cross into a different dimension? :lol:

where/when did i say i could watch it before work but not after??

all i asked for was a recap of an episode. if you dont wanna share thats fine, but dont piss on me for asking. i didnt think it was that big a deal.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

all i asked for was a recap of an episode. if you dont wanna share thats fine, but dont piss on me for asking. i didnt think it was that big a deal.

Here's a nice recap of the episode....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Hats
  • Options

cate frances---do not open that link. it is for your own good. find a way to watch the episode
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

thanx. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say