Homeland

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Read this on the IMDB site.

"Watch the scene where Brody gets out of his car and shakes the
    guy's hand again. He has his keys in his hand when he gets out of the
    car and never puts them in his pocket. Instead, in the very next shot,
    he uses the same hand to greet the uniformed man. The reason for this?
    To transfer his car keys to him without anyone knowing! The shot
    intentionally is framed so that we do not see the actual handshake. So,
    this uniformed fellow is therefore the mole that has been mentioned on
    and off this season.

i doubt anyone picked up on this, just like how I had to point it out over on avclub, so thought i'd share.

way too coincidental for him and carrie to be outside the meeting otherwise in my opinion.

and that's what this is i guess, my opinion, so if people want to point out how I am mistaken, I really don't care. At the very least, it is a red herring put in there by the writers/director. anyway, for those of you who can rewatch the episode, judge for yourself."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    DS1119 wrote:

and off this season.

i doubt anyone picked up on this, just like how I had to point it out over on avclub, so thought i'd share.

way too coincidental for him and carrie to be outside the meeting otherwise in my opinion.

and that's what this is i guess, my opinion, so if people want to point out how I am mistaken, I really don't care. At the very least, it is a red herring put in there by the writers/director. anyway, for those of you who can rewatch the episode, judge for yourself."

yes i saw someone mention this on some site and noticed it when i rewatched it.

do you think there is something to that or just some kind sloppy editing? i'm not sure how brody could really be involved with it at this point....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

and off this season.

do you think there is something to that or just some kind sloppy editing? i'm not sure how brody could really be involved with it at this point....

I really don't know. I'm still in the "Saul is a spy" camp. :lol:
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    I think we'll find out a lot when they possibly play up this storyline with Dar Adal and Quinn next year, assuming they do so.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,786
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp:

I think I would cry if Saul were a mole.
  • Options
    I think we'll find out a lot when they possibly play up this storyline with Dar Adal and Quinn next year, assuming they do so.

I did read in an interview with one of the showrunners that Quinn will definitely be involved with next season. Hopefully this Dar Adal guy comes back too.
  • Options

Now I'm going to have to rewatch the finale.

I do agree with you though....hard to imagine Brody being involved at this point. Especially with his extreme hesitation to killing innocent civilians. Could just be some sloppy editing.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The one thing I did wonder is how Carrie and Brody got out of the building with no one seeing them?

probably the same way he was allowed to stand in the VP's office and yell a terrorists name without anyone noticing.

I wonder if quinn is the terrorist responsible for the bombing. Maybe he didn't kill brody because he needed him alive so that he could frame him. Theory makes a lot of sense.

also, why does everyone call brody by his last name? even his wife and kids. not sure if that means anything in regards to the story, but it's weird to me.

IT seems that's he been called "Brody" by close friends for some time. I read somewhere that the show's creators have said that the VP and Nazir calling him his first name shows their "false familiarity" with him. They assume the right to use his first name, even when he doesn't go by it. (So did the VP's wife)

And congrates to Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy, she reportedly delivered a healthy baby boy this week.
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The one thing I did wonder is how Carrie and Brody got out of the building with no one seeing them?

probably the same way he was allowed to stand in the VP's office and yell a terrorists name without anyone noticing.

I wonder if quinn is the terrorist responsible for the bombing. Maybe he didn't kill brody because he needed him alive so that he could frame him. Theory makes a lot of sense.

also, why does everyone call brody by his last name? even his wife and kids. not sure if that means anything in regards to the story, but it's weird to me.

IT seems that's he been called "Brody" by close friends for some time. I read somewhere that the show's creators have said that the VP and Nazir calling him his first name shows their "false familiarity" with him. They assume the right to use his first name, even when he doesn't go by it. (So did the VP's wife)

And congrates to Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy, she reportedly delivered a healthy baby boy this week.

my friend was convinced they were going to write her pregnancy into the show and have it be brody's baby.

thank god that didn't happen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,366
    Two notable highlights in the finale for me:

1. "You're the smartest and the dumbest fucking person I've ever known" - easily the best line of the whole series!

2. Brody shaking hands with Finn at the service. How cold was that? It was like "Hi kid, I killed your Dad!"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    anybody watch that Episodes show on showtime? i've heard it was pretty funny. watched a few these past few days and, i gotta say, it's actually pretty good.

funny idea for a show. leblanc is perfect for that role. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    anybody watch that Episodes show on showtime? i've heard it was pretty funny. watched a few these past few days and, i gotta say, it's actually pretty good.

funny idea for a show. leblanc is perfect for that role. :mrgreen:
    yeah, good show!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    Just watched the finale.

I really don't think Brody was involved in bombing for a couple of reasons...

While it was convienent that he left the ceremony prior to the explosion, it also appears that Carrie was the one who wanted to talk to him. She was also the one who lead him away from the explosion to tell him the news.
    It also seemed like Brody was close to asking his daughter if she wanted to go with him...before she got all bitchy. :lol:

He was clearly set up in my opinion. Where was Quinn this whole time? He disappeared right after he confronted Estes and threatening him...while maybe not directly involved, I think perhaps he may know of the plan.

Also, who had access to Brody's confession video? It seemed to me that only the CIA had this video and only a handful of people knew about it including Estes, Saul, Quinn, Carrie and a couple of others. For the media to have it and to broadcast it an hour or so after the explosion and prior to concrete evidence that Brody's car was involved seems like it was leaked from someone on the inside.

:?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    DS1119 wrote:

i had this thought too. but id be majorly pissed if it turned out to be true.

as for the convenience of brody and carrie being out of the room when the bomb detonated.... they are the 2 lead characters. its the dynamic between them upon which the show turns.. so to have one or both of them die would cause the show to wobble majorly... is brody involved in the explosion? perhaps. tho he was telling the truth when he said he didnt park his car 'there'.

p.s. where was the president? was he not at the VPs memorial? if not, why not?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I heard today that it would be back in the spring instead of next fall.......

Any truth to that?

I read it on the internet so it has to be true right??

I doubt it. The first 2 seasons both started around September/October. They'd have to start filming soon if it were to be spring. Pretty sure Claire Danes is pregnant right now too.

not anymnore. danes had her baby.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    IQuinn's scene with Estes was priceless and I'm sure won Rupert Friend more than a few new fans.

i think it's one of the best scense of the entire series so far. i love the way they shot it too with the wide angle and quin's sort of in the shadows. not zooming in for a close up enhanced the creepiness.

quinn's character is a lot more interesting to me after watching the finale.

could quinn also be a secret muslim? could that be why he spared brody?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    grooveme wrote:
    IQuinn's scene with Estes was priceless and I'm sure won Rupert Friend more than a few new fans.

i think it's one of the best scense of the entire series so far. i love the way they shot it too with the wide angle and quin's sort of in the shadows. not zooming in for a close up enhanced the creepiness.

quinn's character is a lot more interesting to me after watching the finale.

could quinn also be a secret muslim? could that be why he spared brody?

well he was a nano second away from killing brody a couple episodes ago before estes called it off...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Fantastic series, really didn't expect the last episode to end up like that. A show that keeps on giving, really good tv. Can't wait for season 3 :D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Just watched the finale.

I really don't think Brody was involved in bombing for a couple of reasons...

While it was convienent that he left the ceremony prior to the explosion, it also appears that Carrie was the one who wanted to talk to him. She was also the one who lead him away from the explosion to tell him the news.
    It also seemed like Brody was close to asking his daughter if she wanted to go with him...before she got all bitchy. :lol:

He was clearly set up in my opinion. Where was Quinn this whole time? He disappeared right after he confronted Estes and threatening him...while maybe not directly involved, I think perhaps he may know of the plan.

Also, who had access to Brody's confession video? It seemed to me that only the CIA had this video and only a handful of people knew about it including Estes, Saul, Quinn, Carrie and a couple of others. For the media to have it and to broadcast it an hour or so after the explosion and prior to concrete evidence that Brody's car was involved seems like it was leaked from someone on the inside.

:?

My first reaction was that Saul leaked it to sort of put a bow on this whole mess publicly. Nazir is dead, and they can blame Brody as he was presumed dead at the time too.

But thinking about who had access to the video, remember the SD card ended up in Hezbollah hands in Beruit. On the news video, they also showed a group claiming responsibility for it. Maybe it was leak by whomever carried out the attack.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    season 3

Sun Sep 29, 2013!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    season 3

Sun Sep 29, 2013!!!

It's like in a million years!! :lol: Thanks anyway :D
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    season 3

Sun Sep 29, 2013!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    why does he refer to himself by his last name? He originally notifies his wife he's alive and says "its brody". In the next few minutes she tells mike, "that was brody, he's alive". And several times the wife calls him "brody" to his face.

Why do they always refer to him by his last name?

Why dont they call him Nick?
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    season 3

Sun Sep 29, 2013!!!

It's gonna be a long wait. We just finished watching both seasons in under 2 weeks. What a great show!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    it is a good show, but im seeing several examples of what i disliked about zero dark thirty. Which is legitimization of torture. They used sleep deprivation and loud music on that guy who Seargent Brody identified and the guy broke and told information. Which was hilarious since Brody had said "so do they torture him now?" And carrie says "we dont torture here, its not allowed".

Additionally, the show seems to largely be about this us versus them thing. We have these scary terrorists hiding amongst us who want to murder us.

The terror tactics of our own government are discussed, the 85 children dead in the bombing that the Vice President lied about and denied. But its then used to further a plot point that Brody is going to kill the Vice President because of it. Thus its delegitimized. any power the point had-that the government is lying about the war and that it kills innocent people, that means nothing since the bigger plot point is stopping this shadowy figure Nazir and this person who has been turned. The government lying is bad, and bombing of innocents is wrong, but the point focused on is this crazed person who may blow up the vice president.

That said, im very impressed with Claire Danes. its so odd to see her grown up since I remember her as this teen in My So Called Life. Several of her scenes when she's passionately arguing with people, are stunning and impressive.
  • Options
    :fp: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I've just started watching this, renting from Netflix. I've been attached since the very first show. And there's only two seasons? I'm going to be through it all in no time. :(
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I've just started watching this, renting from Netflix. I've been attached since the very first show. And there's only two seasons? I'm going to be through it all in no time. :(

the worst part about watching a show like that is you go through it so quickly, that waiting for the next new season is TORTURE!

...then the whole waiting a week for the next episode feels like forever too. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

the worst part about watching a show like that is you go through it so quickly, that waiting for the next new season is TORTURE!

...then the whole waiting a week for the next episode feels like forever too. :lol:

we don't do torture here... its not allowed, ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820