rick1zoo2 wrote:
    let's just fist this in

:? :oops: :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Davidtrios wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    let's just fist this in

:? :oops: :lol:

yes, said that in a meeting, and you could hear the collective gasp of everyone in the room
  • It is what it is.

Amen!
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
    another one I hate is when having a conversation with someone, they say: "well, to tell you the truth" or "to be honest". What? you mean you have lying until this point?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    another one I hate is when having a conversation with someone, they say: "well, to tell you the truth" or "to be honest". What? you mean you have lying until this point?

BAAAAH!
  • Saw a kid down the Cape this summer with "It is what it is" tattooed on his forearm
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Saw a kid down the Cape this summer with "It is what it is" tattooed on his forearm
    :lol::lol: :lolno: :lolno:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Saw a kid down the Cape this summer with "It is what it is" tattooed on his forearm

It is a stupid tattoo is what it is.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Saw a kid down the Cape this summer with "It is what it is" tattooed on his forearm

It is a stupid tattoo is what it is.

And that's funny.

(It is.)
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    behind the eight ball -- don't really know why this one bugs me

irregardless -- not really a cliche, but the word just doesn't make sense
  • It bugs me when a sports show guy says "He ran for a buck and a quarter," rather than saying a hundred and 25 yards. I don't know why.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Didn't really bother me but we had a friend who would always say, "don't worry about it." when someone got a scrape or something. We were playing soccer and our buddy took a ball to the face, "don't worry about." "Fuck! Carlos! Sometimes I wish you would worry about it!"
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i work with a guy that says 'like i said' before every single thing he says, even if he never said before

i have to bite tongue every time so i don't get myself in trouble :twisted:
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    My wife's aunt always says, "the fuck you say?" when telling one of her tall tales.
    conman wrote:
    i work with a guy that says 'like i said' before every single thing he says, even if he never said before

reminds me - years ago a guy that used to work here (he has since retired) used to say "and again" before everything he said. So another guy I used to work with and I were having a meeting with him and we told him that he wasn't allowed to say "and again" for the whole meeting. He did ok with it, but every once in a while he would slip and my buddy would go "ah!, ah!, ah!" while waving his finger at him. It was all in good fun, laughed a lot at that one.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    i work with this homely mess of a woman

she answers the phone and says "what can i do you for?"
  • People that say "Gosh darnit" or "for goodness sake/heavens sake".
    "that show was epic"

seriously
  • People that say "awesome" about friggin everything.

"It was awesome!" Was it really? Because you say that about everything!
    voidofman wrote:
    My wife's aunt always says, "the fuck you say?" when telling one of her tall tales.

she sounds classy
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I had a boss who would ALWAYS say "having fun yet?". It's like no dillhole, I'M AT WORK lol
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    conman wrote:

reminds me - years ago a guy that used to work here (he has since retired) used to say "and again" before everything he said. So another guy I used to work with and I were having a meeting with him and we told him that he wasn't allowed to say "and again" for the whole meeting. He did ok with it, but every once in a while he would slip and my buddy would go "ah!, ah!, ah!" while waving his finger at him. It was all in good fun, laughed a lot at that one.
    :lol::lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I had a boss who would ALWAYS say "having fun yet?". It's like no dillhole, I'M AT WORK lol

my old boss: "hope to see you bright eyed and bushy tailed on monday." i dont want to think about monday as the weekend just begins
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Its a 'win-win' for everyone. Usually said to us by our parent company when they're trying to get us to do financial things we don't want to do.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    One game at a time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    winner winner, chicken dinner
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    81 wrote:
    One game at a time

There's just too many sports related cliches.

"We've got to execute on every play"

The timeless: "give it a 110%"

"We have to make plays"
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    "Plenty more fish in the sea."

"Such is life."

"I know how you feel." (Fair enough, this can sometimes be true. :P )

:? :roll:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • 'Everything happens for a reason'

Bullshit :twisted: