Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    igotid88 said:

mrussel1 said:

Just for those areas I guess....they can do it if they want it. I went to Devils/Kings wearing my Kings gear and had a ball. Fans were awesome until the OT goal that lost it for them. :)

Here's the thing... people complain because Chicago fans (or NY, Philly, etc.) come to small market towns like Tampa and drive up all the ticket prices. It puts the aftermarket stuff out of reach for the average/above average fan. I looked at flights and tickets for game 1 and they were all jacked up high. Really high. The cheapest seat I saw in lower was about 850 for game one. Probably 30% more than a ticket would have cost if it was Anaheim who doesn't have a strong fan base.
    tickets go up in NY also
    Yeah I think that is a good point. In the big markets there may be more to do and so it is not such a SUPER big deal but there are many more people that want to go than there are tickets and the average income is usually much higher. Last year in NY the tickets were astronomically priced.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    The music guy in Chicago has a great taste.
    STP, Pearl Jam, Jack White, Soundgarden

Oh and the game has been great so far too :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    FrankieG said:

The music guy in Chicago has a great taste.
    STP, Pearl Jam, Jack White, Soundgarden

Oh and the game has been great so far too :lol:

he sure does, I counted 6 PJ tunes at one game this past season….a few of deep cuts too…Leash, Habit, Breakerfall……..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I wonder what is up with Tampa's goalie?
  • Options
    The last 3 minutes of the game last night was the most exciting 3 minutes of hockey, without actually scoring, I have ever watched. There was like 10 scoring chances! Crawford played great.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,789
    FrankieG said:

The last 3 minutes of the game last night was the most exciting 3 minutes of hockey, without actually scoring, I have ever watched. There was like 10 scoring chances! Crawford played great.

Oh man. My heart was racing. Still shocked that Tampa didn't score. Crawford was awesome.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Jason P said:

I wonder what is up with Tampa's goalie?

The ol' "undisclosed injury."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    badbrains said:

pjhawks said:

I'll take the Blackhawks over the Lightning in 5.

Maybe the other way around.
    so i was only off by a game. great series though. Blackhawks team is hard to hate. from their stars to role players they play the game the right way and aren't aholes. lot of respect for them. Such a classy move by Toews to give Cup to Timmonen 1st and tell him to skate around with it a bit. As a Flyers fan very happy for Kimmo. great guy.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Congrats Chicagoooooooooo! Maybe we'll see ya in Detroit next season. :smirk:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Hats off to the Hawks. I rooted against them all playoffs out of jealousy -- they are so good & I have mad respect for their collective game. With Kieth stepping up as he did and some of their background youngsters getting better to go along with their stars? If they keep the team together they are easy favorites again next year.
    Good run by the Bolts!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    thank god this infernal season is over.

Really, I love hockey, but the NHL needs to find a way to shorten the season. Good god.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    I am very disappointed but the Hawks played great. Their third period defense is impenetrable. They just clog up the blue line and prevent you from entering with any speed. A one goal lead going into the third is almost insurmountable. It's like playing the Devils in the Stevens/Marty era.
  • Options
    Great series. I wanted the Lightning, but was happy for Timonen. I was hoping for it to go to Overtime, then game 7. Or that the Blackhawks wina nd the Cup not be in the building (Emick was saying that all night). Sports season is officially over for me until Football again...
  • Options
    It's been a great run for the Hawks, but the salary cap has now officially caught up with them.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who feels the "get Kimmo Timonen" the cup thing is manufactured garbage? Like I can care less if he wins. There are much better players than him who never won a cup.

am I missing something?
  • Options
    I felt this Cup victory was a bit of justification for Chicago. The 2010 Cup, I swear there were only 2 people on the planet who were absolutely certain they had won were Patrick Kane and myself. The confusion that followed made the victory seem a little... empty. The 2013 Cup everyone said there should be an asterisk because it wasn't a full season (even though everyone else in the NHL played the exact same schedule). This year, there is nothing any doubters can say to make it less relevant. It was a full 82-game season. We beat the WC regular season champs. We beat the team that beat the President's Trophy winners. We beat the team who were deemed Original 6 Killers. We beat a team - who only lost 9 home games in the regular season - twice on their own ice in the same series. We finished 32-0-0 when leading after 2 periods. We finally won it in front of the home crowd. We did it with 4 1/2 defensemen. Corey Crawford pitched a shut out. As the man himself once said: "FUCKIN' RIGHT, CHICAGO!!"
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Am I the only one who feels the "get Kimmo Timonen" the cup thing is manufactured garbage? Like I can care less if he wins. There are much better players than him who never won a cup.

am I missing something?

It's not like he made a great impact or had been with the team for years. They might as well had Karl Malone and Gary Payton on the roster so they could get their championship.
  • Options

I felt this Cup victory was a bit of justification for Chicago. The 2010 Cup, I swear there were only 2 people on the planet who were absolutely certain they had won were Patrick Kane and myself. The confusion that followed made the victory seem a little... empty. The 2013 Cup everyone said there should be an asterisk because it wasn't a full season (even though everyone else in the NHL played the exact same schedule). This year, there is nothing any doubters can say to make it less relevant. It was a full 82-game season. We beat the WC regular season champs. We beat the team that beat the President's Trophy winners. We beat the team who were deemed Original 6 Killers. We beat a team - who only lost 9 home games in the regular season - twice on their own ice in the same series. We finished 32-0-0 when leading after 2 periods. We finally won it in front of the home crowd. We did it with 4 1/2 defensemen. Corey Crawford pitched a shut out. As the man himself once said: "FUCKIN' RIGHT, CHICAGO!!"

I've never heard anyone question the Blackhawks since that first cup honestly. You look at the team and up and down and all you see are names...big time players, including the nucleus that was there for all three. Now I guess the Blackhawks are free to collectively beat the shit out of Sharp for banging all the WAGs for the last few years. It will be interesting how that all plays out.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    MayDay10 said:

am I missing something?

There are just as many times that it doesn't work out for a vet but when it does it's pretty cool. Probably meant more to the players around the league for a well respected guy that almost had serious health issues earlier this year to win it. It's also the only thing us Flyers fans have to look forward to for a while.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I've never heard anyone question the Blackhawks since that first cup honestly. You look at the team and up and down and all you see are names...big time players, including the nucleus that was there for all three. Now I guess the Blackhawks are free to collectively beat the shit out of Sharp for banging all the WAGs for the last few years. It will be interesting how that all plays out.

Sharp is gone for sure. Who knows how much truth there is to all the rumors about the players wives and all that shit, but I think he'll mostly be gone because they need to free up a lot of cap space this offseason. I'm sure they'll try to trade Bickell too.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

am I missing something?

How is it manufactured? The guy said he was retiring and this was his last chance. Cool way for a veteran player that is respected around the league to go out. He was actually pretty bad for the Hawks most of the time he was here, but I thought it was a great moment when Toews handed the cup to him first.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I dont know. They mentioned it early in the telecast last night and I was like.... uh, OK. Then I hear a number of people today saying how glad they are Timonen got his cup.
    I guess I dont trust anything NBC/NBCSN says. They try to go over the top and make everything overblown and fake.... Like how that walking penis Pierre maguire seems to get away with claiming every single meaningless regular season game has a "playoff atmosphere"

I had forgot about the blood clot thing though. Now it makes more sense

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Sharp is gone for sure. Who knows how much truth there is to all the rumors about the players wives and all that shit, but I think he'll mostly be gone because they need to free up a lot of cap space this offseason. I'm sure they'll try to trade Bickell too.
    Did Bickell even dress?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Did Bickell even dress?
    Nope. Not the last few games. Pretty rough year for him.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,302
    MayDay10 said:

I dont know. They mentioned it early in the telecast last night and I was like.... uh, OK. Then I hear a number of people today saying how glad they are Timonen got his cup.
    I guess I dont trust anything NBC/NBCSN says. They try to go over the top and make everything overblown and fake.... Like how that walking penis Pierre maguire seems to get away with claiming every single meaningless regular season game has a "playoff atmosphere"

I had forgot about the blood clot thing though. Now it makes more sense

Kimmo is a great guy though. even here in Philly where we are known to eat our own i've never heard anyone say anything negative about the guy. I was very happy for him.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Did Bickell even dress?
    Nope. Not the last few games. Pretty rough year for him.
    Yeah, no way Bickell or Sharp are around next year. I like both guys but they'll never fit in under the cap. Sharp probably has a couple years left and could provide a boost to a contender. Bickell should probably play a while longer but whoever gets him should realize he's not worth the money for such inconsistent play. It will suck losing him as he's really the only big body the Hawks have left....and the only guy willing to hit someone.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I don't buy into the whole Sharp conspiracy crap. I think more than anything, the media and the TMZ types liked the idea of a scandal. Pretty boy Sharp can make some "news".
    Say Sharp did bang a couple of other player's wives...the team still sure shows a lot of support on and off the ice for the guy.
  • Options
    Watching some videos from the locker room last night. I guess Keith and others have gotten over the whole Sharp banging their wives thing. Keith and Sharp side by side, singing, hugging, having a good time...
    The exact kind of thing you do when a guy bangs your wife.
    :fp:
  • Options
    mca47 said:

mrussel1 said:

I don't buy into the whole Sharp conspiracy crap. I think more than anything, the media and the TMZ types liked the idea of a scandal. Pretty boy Sharp can make some "news".
    Say Sharp did bang a couple of other player's wives...the team still sure shows a lot of support on and off the ice for the guy.
    I know everyone has their "sources", but I did hear from people who know people who work for the Hawks that there were definitely some locker room issues. I'm guessing it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, but I think there was definitely something going on. But like you said, we still won the Cup so who gives a fuck!
  • Options
    Since all the other fans around the league love to chant his name, say it with me now!

CRAWWWFFOORRDD!! CRAWWWFFOORRDD!! CRAWWWFFOORRDD!!