Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    edited May 2015
    Chicago runs on Duncan! If we make it to the finals, regardless of who we play or who hoists the Cup, Duncan Keith has a damn good argument for the Conn Smythe trophy. He's always been our TOI guy, and now that we're down to basically 4 1/2 defensemen, he's logging even more minutes. Factor in all the OT games, too. And to come out and play a game like he did last night with our backs against the wall is what leaders are made of. The fact we've even made it to a game 7 in the WCF, in the position we're in, is testament to his leadership. That's why he dons the 'A' on his sweater. Dude's a beast!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Chicago runs on Duncan! If we make it to the finals, regardless of who we play or who hoists the Cup, Duncan Keith has a damn good argument for the Conn Smythe trophy. He's always been our TOI guy, and now that we're down to basically 4 1/2 defensemen, he's logging even more minutes. Factor in all the OT games, too. And to come out and play a game like he did last night with our backs against the wall is what leaders are made of. The fact we've even made it to a game 7 in the WCF, in the position we're in, is testament to his leadership. That's why he dons the 'A' on his sweater. Dude's a beast!

King Hank is gonna win the conn smythe, just saying haha
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    badbrains said:

Nope.. Tyler Johnson.. He's the new Marty.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

badbrains said:

Nope.. Tyler Johnson.. He's the new Marty.
    We'll see what happens tomorrow. Rangers have been decent with him. Ever since Hayes shoved him around, he doesn't have that extra jump. Tomorrow could be and should be a crazy game.
  • Options
    The real Marty has lost a few steps this year. He has not been impactful. I think the Bolts got the better of the trade. You guys ended up with our Boyle and Marty. We got your Boyle and Cally.
  • Options
    Although I will say the Rangers are built to win right this moment, whereas the Lightning have a pretty big window, so long as they lock up guys.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Although I will say the Rangers are built to win right this moment, whereas the Lightning have a pretty big window, so long as they lock up guys.

Rangers win the cup this year, they end up with the better trade. Couldn't afford callys $6/per year. And not for nothing, give your "new" Boyle sometime, he'll wear on you too. Waste of size, basically a pussy for his size. Could be sooooo damn good if only he finds that "thing" he's missing. Tomorrow's gonna be insane. And as long as the rangers have Hank, they should be contenders, they'll find ways to retool and make some runs.
  • Options
    Boyle is soft for 6'7", I will agree there. Zdeno Chara, he is not. All the talk is that Cally has been a good leader in the locker room. Finally scored too. Remember Marty and Stevie Y had a falling out related to Team Canada. I was quite upset at the time as he might be one of my all time favorite players. But the years are showing.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    I think Tampa wins tonight. Rangers have to lose a game 7 at some point, right?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I think it is safe to say that trade helped everyone involved. Teams and players.

People get too hung up in trying to declare a winner in trades sometimes.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I think it is safe to say that trade helped everyone involved. Teams and players.

Yep. Both teams in game 7 of the Conf Finals.....so many teams would kill to be in that spot.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Imagine if the Rangers let yandle go with his $5 mil and let Marty and his $5 mil walk then sign stamkos next year? That'll be a win.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

MayDay10 said:

Imagine if the Rangers let yandle go with his $5 mil and let Marty and his $5 mil walk then sign stamkos next year? That'll be a win.
    GFY!!! That would suck. But he is under contract until next summer and the Lightning are aggressively moving to lock him up in a long term deal.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

badbrains said:

MayDay10 said:

GFY!!! That would suck. But he is under contract until next summer and the Lightning are aggressively moving to lock him up in a long term deal.
    Gonna be the biggest free agent out there. He should play it out. Maybe he wants to come to New York. Rangers have been trying to get him.
  • Options
    Stamkos is interesting in that he could be hitting UFA as a 26 year old. They will have plenty of cap room to give him whatever he wants, and also the incumbent team is able to offer that additional year in term. It is rare that star players walk in the NHL unless the team is incompetent or a hug trade happens.

Yzerman will not allow Stamkos to walk willingly. If he goes, Stamkos will need to be absolutely determined he wants to leave Tampa... and I dont really see that happening, unless maybe he is dying to play for the Leafs or a Canadian team or something.

Also, I think Yandle is signed past the Stamkos UFA date (dont know why you would let him go anyways), and I dont see the Rangers holding the entire St Louis contract off the cap for all of next year. The Rangers will still be paying a number of pretty big contracts for the next several years. Boyle is coming off soon I think.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Stamkos is interesting in that he could be hitting UFA as a 26 year old. They will have plenty of cap room to give him whatever he wants, and also the incumbent team is able to offer that additional year in term. It is rare that star players walk in the NHL unless the team is incompetent or a hug trade happens.

Yzerman will not allow Stamkos to walk willingly. If he goes, Stamkos will need to be absolutely determined he wants to leave Tampa... and I dont really see that happening, unless maybe he is dying to play for the Leafs or a Canadian team or something.

Also, I think Yandle is signed past the Stamkos UFA date (dont know why you would let him go anyways), and I dont see the Rangers holding the entire St Louis contract off the cap for all of next year. The Rangers will still be paying a number of pretty big contracts for the next several years. Boyle is coming off soon I think.

Yandle is signed to next year just like stamkos. And how quickly people forget what happened with the Devils and Parise? I know he wanted to go home and play but the wild did give him a crazy contract. I agree stamkos is gonna have to want to leave, but it is possible. And I would def let yandle and Marty go if they could sign stamkos. He's a proven playoff monster. Boyles contract is up next year as is yandle do anything a possible.
  • Options
    And Dan Boyle is 38. He was a vet when he led the Lightning to the cup in 04. He's not going to play into his 40's I don't think, but he's had a very nice career. I really like him a lot.
  • Options
    Again, I think he would have to be dying to get out of there. Tampa has decent ownership... its in Florida. Tax situation. Good team who should be good for years. Plus that extra year they can offer.

Parise, I don't think you can blame him for leaving New Jersey.
  • Options
    Scoreless going into the 3rd. Shit is about to get real intense. This is the best.
  • Options
    I really like the way the 'Ning are playing. Although the king is out of his mind. All you Cally haters, he has played really well.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,563
    Henrik deserves better. I guess I'll go for the Blackhawks. But still.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    His first goal was soft. I was surprised after how many tough saves he made in the second period. The Rangers never seriously threatened Bishop tonight. That had a lot to do with tremendous defense played by the 'Ning. Blocked shots and no second chances. Danny Boyle was practically the 12th forward tonight. He was deep in all night.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,563
    mrussel1 said:

His first goal was soft. I was surprised after how many tough saves he made in the second period. The Rangers never seriously threatened Bishop tonight. That had a lot to do with tremendous defense played by the 'Ning. Blocked shots and no second chances. Danny Boyle was practically the 12th forward tonight. He was deep in all night.

There were like 5 guys in front of him. And it looked like he thought it was going one way and it went between his legs. By the time he realized it was too late. But that's how it goes.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309
    mrussel1 said:

is it really that hard to type or say Lightning? there is no dumber shortening of a team's name than that one being used these days. just awful.

and why do Rangers fans leave early in game 7? saw lots moving out with like 2 minutes left. are they trying to get the 1st spot on the train or something? it's not like they have to leave a crowded parking lot. sorry but you do not leave a game 7 early...ever no matter the score.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

is it really that hard to type or say Lightning? there is no dumber shortening of a team's name than that one being used these days. just awful.

and why do Rangers fans leave early in game 7? saw lots moving out with like 2 minutes left. are they trying to get the 1st spot on the train or something? it's not like they have to leave a crowded parking lot. sorry but you do not leave a game 7 early...ever no matter the score.
    Being a Bruins fan I would agree with, one must stick it out to the end in any playoff game but in a game 7 one should never leave early.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

Really dude, it bothers you so much that you feel like you should comment on my calling them the Ning? And so you know, I pay internet by the keystroke.
  • Options
    You don't deserve shit when you get shut out at home 2 games in a row. Hank deserved way more then that effort. Staal played like shit. Msl played his last game for the Rangers. That guy doesn't deserve to be on the ice anymore. He's to old and it showed. All playoffs he got pushed around and looked like he never played playoff hockey before. This ones gonna hurt for a while. Team can't be this good every year. Fucken turnovers all playoffs. Not the same team from he regular season.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309
    mrussel1 said:

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

Really dude, it bothers you so much that you feel like you should comment on my calling them the Ning? And so you know, I pay internet by the keystroke.
    yes it does :) - but espn has been saying it too. it's annoying.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    You could just say Bolts. Same number of keystrokes :lol:
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

pjhawks said:

mrussel1 said:

yes it does :) - but espn has been saying it too. it's annoying.
    Seems strange that an Atlanta Hawks fan would be trolling a hockey page, particularly when it looks like that's a Phillies image on the profile.