2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I guess this photo puts an end to the theory of sports curses ...

I guess the Cubs just plain suck at baseball.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    All Blackhawk fans should be mortified and immediately disown their team.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    That's an old pic from one of the prior Cup wins. We don't care about it.

That's an old pic from one of the prior Cup wins. We don't care about it.

That's my point that curses don't exist. A meteor should have hit the United Center after the picture was taken.

And yes, you do care about it, you Belieberhawks.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

Amazing run by the Hawks, congrats once again

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Draft friday.....Edmonton is pretty nuts right now....lots of bars having draft parties on friday afternoon. Our arena will be packed with people watching the big screen, too.
    With McDavid on his way, a bona-fide NHL coach in McClellan and a GM who has already shown he has the balls to make moves that will improve our team (fired or moved pretty much everyone in the front office), there is optimism here again for the first time in a few years. Hopefully I can bear to watch hockey past NOvember for the first time in years.
    Chiarelli said he might have a goalie signed before the draft. Talbot, Lehner, and Lack are the names being floated. Still looking for a 1-2 dman. We have four picks in the first two rounds, so lots to move, hopefully without trading any of our up-n-comers. Gonna be an interesting week!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    3 on 3 in OT now?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Draft friday.....Edmonton is pretty nuts right now....lots of bars having draft parties on friday afternoon. Our arena will be packed with people watching the big screen, too.
    With McDavid on his way, a bona-fide NHL coach in McClellan and a GM who has already shown he has the balls to make moves that will improve our team (fired or moved pretty much everyone in the front office), there is optimism here again for the first time in a few years. Hopefully I can bear to watch hockey past NOvember for the first time in years.
    Chiarelli said he might have a goalie signed before the draft. Talbot, Lehner, and Lack are the names being floated. Still looking for a 1-2 dman. We have four picks in the first two rounds, so lots to move, hopefully without trading any of our up-n-comers. Gonna be an interesting week!

Should trade some of those picks for Martin Jones. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Draft friday.....Edmonton is pretty nuts right now....lots of bars having draft parties on friday afternoon. Our arena will be packed with people watching the big screen, too.

Should trade some of those picks for Martin Jones. ;)
    He's another guy who was on the radar for a while under MacT, but I haven't heard anything since Chiarelli took over. A possibility, but he's pretty unproven, even compared to Lehner and Talbot.
    I think pretty much no matter what we do, we will end up with a backup from another team....if they don't improve on defence, it will be the same ol' shit...two backup goalies (Scrivens and whomever), getting lit up and blamed for everything. I think the oil could make Quick look like a sieve with our current D roster....so it's probably not time yet to try to land a star goalie.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

3 on 3 in OT now?

Just bring back the tie already and fuck the shootout.
    I have no prob with the OT and/or shootout....just get rid of the damn OTL point.
    Will be interesting to see what comes of all the expansion/relocation talks as well.
  • 3 on 3 in OT now?

Just bring back the tie already and fuck the shootout.
    I'm also for this.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    edited June 2015
    g under p said:

Amazing run by the Hawks, congrats once again

Peace

Just looking closely at that champions chart I noticed that it's been 22 years since the Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup. That is there longest drought of non winning in their history.

Did someone say there's expansion coming?

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Expansion isn't likely right away, but what I'm hearing is that the NHL is going to solicit proposals from interested parties.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I want that as a poster.

Anyways, 3 on 3 is awful. I wouldnt mind it so much if we had a 3 points for regulation wins and 2 and 1 for OT/SO wins and losses. Full credit for NHL Hitz should not be given.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    MayDay10 said:

I want that as a poster.

Anyways, 3 on 3 is awful. I wouldnt mind it so much if we had a 3 points for regulation wins and 2 and 1 for OT/SO wins and losses. Full credit for NHL Hitz should not be given.

agree with this. it should be 3 points for regulation win, 2 for OT and 1 for OT loss. 3 on 3 is almost as big as a joke as shootouts
    Carey Price won the Hart and Vezina Trophies, the Ted Lindsay Award, and the Clayton Kershaw post-season choke trophy
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    Did anyone else's soul hurt after that Daughtry performance?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Hearing some rumors about lucic to Rangers for yandle. What the fuck u waiting for slats?!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    tonights the night bitches.

Should be a lot of activity I think. The cap nudging up, thus screwing over a number of teams should spur trading activity. Also got the Oilers drafting McDavid, the Sabres Eichel... and Phoenix trying to deal the 3rd pick.

Sabres rumored in on: Lack, Talbot, Lehner, OReilly, Kessel, and Okposo lol.

Im thinking they trade for a goalie and maybe OReilly.
    Would be huge for the Sabres to land both Eichel and OReilly today. Looking forward to seeing the Eichel / McDavid comparisons for the next few years....coming from different leagues, it's never been easy to compare them. Eichel stated straight up that he thinks he's the best player in the draft.
    Scribes here are saying Lehner to Sabres is imminent. Apparently Craig Anderson is telling people he's going to Edmonton, but we're still talking to the Rangers about Talbot. If that happens I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after Samsonov in the draft. This should all come down in the next couple hours since there are likely to be draft picks involved.
    Curious to see who we end up with in net....we're all after the same guys.
    Yes, I'm saying 'we' and 'us'...lol....armchair GM here!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    3-on-3 should open up the ice a bit more and create more scoring opportunities... I'll take 3-on-3 if it ends up reducing the number of games that go to SO.

It'll be interesting to see what teams will do. Put 3 forwards out? 2 forwards and a defenseman, etc.

What happens if there is a penalty in OT? Is it a 3-on-2 power play? Would matching minors make it a 2-on-2? Would successive penalties create a 3-on-1 situation?

3-on-3 should open up the ice a bit more and create more scoring opportunities... I'll take 3-on-3 if it ends up reducing the number of games that go to SO.

It'll be interesting to see what teams will do. Put 3 forwards out? 2 forwards and a defenseman, etc.

What happens if there is a penalty in OT? Is it a 3-on-2 power play? Would matching minors make it a 2-on-2? Would successive penalties create a 3-on-1 situation?

I think they make it 4 on 3 if a team takes a penalty in OT.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    badbrains said:

What happens if a team is on a 5 on 3 at the end of regulation?

This whole thing is so dumb. Just do a 10 min overtime 5 on 5 and if no one scores, it's a tie.

badbrains said:

This whole thing is so dumb. Just do a 10 min overtime 5 on 5 and if no one scores, it's a tie.
    Good question
  • badbrains said:

Agree it worked fine for years.
    edited June 2015
    bah! fuckin flames just picked up Dougie Hamilton from the B's for a first and two second round picks. Pretty steep for a team that's rebuilding....didn't think they were in play for him.