Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Detroit is expected to promote their coach in Grand Rapids who has already spent time coaching most of the current Red Wings roster as they worked their way through the system. It should be a pretty smooth transition and I'm not concerned because it is a tightly run organization.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    Jason P said:

Anyway, I don't harbor any ill will towards Babcock leaving the Wings. A monkey would have made that decision. If rumors are correct, the Wings were offering him 4 yrs / $3.25M. The Leave's offer is literally double that in years and annual salary.

Considering Quenneville is currently the highest paid coach at $2.75 million, that is an insane offer based on the current market rate.

Crazy amount of money for an NHL coach. Can't blame him 1 bit for taking the deal. But hey, at least he won't be under any pressure to perform.....
  • Options

Jason P said:

Anyway, I don't harbor any ill will towards Babcock leaving the Wings. A monkey would have made that decision. If rumors are correct, the Wings were offering him 4 yrs / $3.25M. The Leave's offer is literally double that in years and annual salary.

Considering Quenneville is currently the highest paid coach at $2.75 million, that is an insane offer based on the current market rate.

Crazy amount of money for an NHL coach. Can't blame him 1 bit for taking the deal. But hey, at least he won't be under any pressure to perform.....
    A lot of current good head coaches must be pretty excited. I don't know if there has been a bigger market shift in pay scale in sports since the Texas Rangers paid A-Rod $250M to hit baseballs.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

A lot of current good head coaches must be pretty excited. I don't know if there has been a bigger market shift in pay scale in sports since the Texas Rangers paid A-Rod $250M to do steroids and alienate the baseball world.
    Fixed. :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Cant wait for the annual mid season collapse in Toronto.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992

Cant wait for the annual mid season collapse in Toronto.

hahahaha .... nice one too JP
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    I just realized that The Monopoly Man is actually The Penguin!

• Options
    THE PENGUIN!

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Holyfuck that's a lot of money.
  • Options
    This Lightning/Rangers game is insane. Playoff hockey is the best.
  • Options

This Lightning/Rangers game is insane. Playoff hockey is the best.

6-5 brutal... good game though. tonight's game gonna be a beast
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    ducks/hawks game is also good tonight
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    they should bring back the glow puck :smiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grOttsHuuzE
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852

Worst idea ever. That was Fox, right? For the doofuses who haven't figured out visual physics...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Worst idea ever. That was Fox, right? For the doofuses who haven't figured out visual physics...
    hehe, i kinda liked it when it first came out.

Good Great game between ducks and blackhawks
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    there was nothing more damaging to Canadians views of American hockey fans than the Fox puck
    may it continue to cause derision and contempt whenever it is seen
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee said:

there was nothing more damaging to Canadians views of American hockey fans than the Fox puck

I thought you hated hockey.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    mrussel1 said:

smarchee said:

I thought you hated hockey.
    I hate Tampa Bay Lightning
    and I hate hockey, yes
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    edited May 2015
    Go Rangers, Go Hawks. Been some exciting shit, keep it going!
  • Options
    odd game last night, nobody can win at home or what?

gotta say theres some good hockey going on in both series
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Let's go rangers
  • Options
    Wow, we get a game 7 on Friday and Saturday nights. Fun stuff, hoping for OT both nights. (Truly as long as Anaheim loses I am happy with how any of the other games go down.)

Go Rangers, Go Hawks.
  • Options
    "Go Rangers, Go Hawks"... are you an NBC executive? We know that's what they want.
  • Options

Wow, we get a game 7 on Friday and Saturday nights. Fun stuff, hoping for OT both nights. (Truly as long as Anaheim loses I am happy with how any of the other games go down.)

Go Rangers, Go Hawks.

Please no overtime! Watching your team in a game 7 is bad enough. Game 7 overtime is just too much. Should be a fun weekend of hockey.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309
    gotta give the Rangers and Hawks credit, they just refused to get knocked out. how many times can the Rangers come back in a series and how many game 7s can they win in a row (it's like 7 now isn't it?). should be two great games this weekend.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

"Go Rangers, Go Hawks"... are you an NBC executive? We know that's what they want.

haha, no I just hate the Ducks and dont really care for the Bolts. (Although they will be my team to root for if they end up vs/ the Ducks)
  • Options

Go Rangers, Go Hawks.

Please no overtime! Watching your team in a game 7 is bad enough. Game 7 overtime is just too much. Should be a fun weekend of hockey.
    Ha! After last post-season my heart can go through anything. I do feel for the fans every time an elimination game goes to OT though, I know how painful it can be.
  • Options

Go Rangers, Go Hawks.

Ha! After last post-season my heart can go through anything. I do feel for the fans every time an elimination game goes to OT though, I know how painful it can be.
    I actually find playoff baseball much more stressful than hockey or any other sport. Mostly because when you are in the field, NOTHING good can happen. The best thing is that you don't give up a run but that's what you expect anyway. Can't be a turnover, a giveaway, a great defense stuff. And since baseball has so much time to build between pitches, it makes it a thousand times worse. It's like you are on the powerkill for half the game.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Go Rangers, Go Hawks.

I actually find playoff baseball much more stressful than hockey or any other sport. Mostly because when you are in the field, NOTHING good can happen. The best thing is that you don't give up a run but that's what you expect anyway. Can't be a turnover, a giveaway, a great defense stuff. And since baseball has so much time to build between pitches, it makes it a thousand times worse. It's like you are on the powerkill for half the game.
    Interesting I have never looked at it that way but I can see your points. For Hockey it can be such a sudden thing that you really are on the edge of your seat. I think back to those great Devils teams in the 90s and how those bastards would take a shelling and break out of their zone, score and win the game. You can whale away on someone for 20 mins in OT and then the puck bounces the wrong way and you lose in an odd man rush down the ice in 7 seconds.