2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    That's a very steep price. I hope to god CMcD doesn't go to the oilers, it be a god awful situation for him like every other junior player they've drafted.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    There is zero doubt he's going to the Oilers. Chiarelli said straight up they're not taking offers.
    Also....the junior guys they've drafted have had individual success....this line about ruining picks is BS - Hall has put up great numbers, as has Eberle....RNH's are a bit low but he's considered the most reliable of the bunch...the only one who hasn't put up good numbers is Yak, and everyone blames Eakins (coach fired last year) for his low confidence. His play improved huge under Nelson toward the end of the year.
    The problem here has been (forever), an inability to get solid players to fill out the roster - no 1-2 Dmen, no #1 goalie (ok, so Dubnyk lit it up after he left....again, no D was the problem there)....no size, and no vets to show the young guys the way....Chiarelli is going to change that, and we have one of the top coaches in the league this year. McDavid will not be ruined - the team will be built around him and the Oil will be hugely improved.
    edited June 2015
    On the cost for Hamiliton, Bob McKenzie:
    BOS return marginally better than what they would get if Hamilton got an offer sheet. From CGY side, upgraded pics worth it. Got player.

....he's got a point. B's were sure to get offer sheets for him. Still rumours that Lucic is be discussed....
    edited June 2015

There is zero doubt he's going to the Oilers. Chiarelli said straight up they're not taking offers.
    Also....the junior guys they've drafted have had individual success....this line about ruining picks is BS - Hall has put up great numbers, as has Eberle....RNH's are a bit low but he's considered the most reliable of the bunch...the only one who hasn't put up good numbers is Yak, and everyone blames Eakins (coach fired last year) for his low confidence. His play improved huge under Nelson toward the end of the year.
    The problem here has been (forever), an inability to get solid players to fill out the roster - no 1-2 Dmen, no #1 goalie (ok, so Dubnyk lit it up after he left....again, no D was the problem there)....no size, and no vets to show the young guys the way....Chiarelli is going to change that, and we have one of the top coaches in the league this year. McDavid will not be ruined - the team will be built around him and the Oil will be hugely improved.

Right just like it was supposed to improve with Eberle and Hall and Nails. Funny how they need a Dmen but year after year draft forwards and what happens, they are out of it by December and all their fans have to look forward to is the #1 overall pick. If you traded at least 1 at most 2 of these top overall picks, you woulda gotten a nice Dmen in each trade and a goalie, but keep drafting forwards and build around them :rofl:

The thinking has always been to take the best player available in the draft. We took Nurse two years ago, and he is going to be a dominant d. The problem is that our d are younger than our forwards, and they generally take longer to develop. Klefbom has made the move up already, and I wouldn't be surprised if we moved a pick or two, and maybe one of the young guys for a bona fide 1D. Like I said - MacT, Tambellini couldn't get a deal done for a Dman nor a goalie....that's why they're gone. Everyone has confidence in Chiarelli pulling the trigger. Then in a year or two we'll be all set.
    Are you a Fishsticks guy? How's your rebuild going? :lol:
    aaaahhhh....so hard to trash talk as an Oil fan. Give me a year.
    My rebuild is fine, alot better than yours, hell of alot better and other teams. D is stocked, F are stocked, goalie is even stocked now too. Gonna be even more stocked when KO is traded away.

edited June 2015
    wow Lucic to LA for Jones 13th overall and a prospect (Colin Miller)
    Post edited by Drowned Out on

wow Lucic to LA for Jones 13th overall and a prospect

Think that's crazy, rumor has it the sharks are trading the 9th pick to the rangers for Talbot

Yikes...that would be a huge overpayment. The Oil supposedly aren't willing to give up the 16th for him. Latest I heard was we're going to sign Niemi. Goalies are disappearing quickly....

Yikes...that would be a huge overpayment. The Oil supposedly aren't willing to give up the 16th for him. Latest I heard was we're going to sign Niemi. Goalies are disappearing quickly....

Niemi would be a great addition

That be a steal of the century from a rangers standpoint. I wouldn't give a 1st rounder for him let alone a top 10 pick.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I don't like the sabres trade but lol at boston.

Dougie hamilton is what you pray a top 5 pick becomes
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

wow Lucic to LA for Jones 13th overall and a prospect (Colin Miller)

Fuck, wanted the Rangers to land him. Shit
    Sabers making all kinds of moves
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    FWIW, I completely agree with the 10 minute 5-on-5 OT and tie afterwards. As for points, 3 for a regulation win or an OT win by goal, 2 for an OT win by SO, 1 for an OT loss.
    :lol:
    Taylor Hall tweet:
    Welcome to Edmonton, Connor. Don't mess up everything we've built the last 5 years! #FutureIsBright
    Thank you thank you thank you fish sticks for Reinhart. I will take that deal any day. Watched him here in jr; he's a machine.
    I can't believe the oilers didn't think talbot was worth what they gave the asslanders. Wow. Unless the Rangers wanted more:
    I think they might sign niemi - McClellan connection....maybe ramo. Gotta be free agency - which I'm good with for now. This is a huge upgrade for no roster players....klefbom, nurse, Reinhart, Schultz (I know)....stocked on young d now; an experienced goalie is important.
    Reinhart captained the oil kings to the memorial cup. He is pure heart, strong, tough, good numbers..... I'd take this over the Hamilton deal, too. entry level contract.
    Talbot isn't worth 16 and 33 IMO. But who knows, could look back at this post in 3-4 yrs and be totally wrong. These are all kids...
    Sabres are a beast!
    edited June 2015

I think they might sign niemi - McClellan connection....maybe ramo. Gotta be free agency - which I'm good with for now. This is a huge upgrade for no roster players....klefbom, nurse, Reinhart, Schultz (I know)....stocked on young d now; an experienced goalie is important.
    Reinhart captained the oil kings to the memorial cup. He is pure heart, strong, tough, good numbers..... I'd take this over the Hamilton deal, too. entry level contract.
    Talbot isn't worth 16 and 33 IMO. But who knows, could look back at this post in 3-4 yrs and be totally wrong. These are all kids...

he's far from tough, gets pushed around so I've read and his +/- is -12, but then again he was on a terrible ahl team. I actually saw Reinhart 2 times in the ahl last season and he didn't stand out a whole lot to me. Looked lost at times, took little while getting back into his zone. I'd say he's still a good year and half to 2 years away. Maybe he'll put it together now that he's back home.

Post edited by Gary Carter on

Oh and I agree with you in regards to talbot, 1st and 2nd is way too much for him

What a crazy draft weekend.

Unbelievable about Boston/Dougie Hamilton. Im at a loss but happy as a Sabres fan they dont have to face him for his entire career. Boston should get quantity out of it, the 1st 3 rounds are supposedly about the deepest ever. Still. Crazy. Hamilton would be my top untouchable. Great for Calgary though.

Good weekend for the Oilers. McDavid of course, but also got Griffin Reinhart. Also Gryba who should be a solid young defenseman. Im not sure on Talbot though. I don't trust the results with that good Rangers team. His contract situation isnt ideal either, i was hoping Buffalo didn't get him. IMO though goalies are mostly a product of the skaters these days. There are only like 2 "franchise goalies" in the NHL right now Lunqvist and Price. Maybe Quick? Maybe not? Back 10-15-20 years ago, there were like 12 of them and if you didnt have one then you had little to no hope, unless you were the Red Wings.

Very excited for the Sabres. Great rebuild. Young team with some blue chip 23-25 year olds.
    Forwards before free agency Kane, Eichel, Moulson, OReilly, Girgensons, Reinhart, Ennis, Larssen, Deslauriers, Gionta, McGinn, Foligno, Legwand, and Hodgson. Defense, Bogosian, Pysyk, Ristolainen, McCabe, Ruhwedel, Weber, and Gorges. With Lehner in net.

• I think Quickie is a top goalie belonging in the tier with King Hank and Price. Love that they dealt Goalie depth (although I like Jones) and a draft pick for what could be a great deal for a year with Lucic. Never liked rooting for him before but now he will be wearing the Kings sweater I will.

Sucks about Richards. Was always a fan but the guy just didnt have it any longer. Salary Cap hell with 10 years of hits after waiving him.

The Oil & Sabres will be fun to watch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    MayDay10 said:

What a crazy draft weekend.

Unbelievable about Boston/Dougie Hamilton. Im at a loss but happy as a Sabres fan they dont have to face him for his entire career. Boston should get quantity out of it, the 1st 3 rounds are supposedly about the deepest ever. Still. Crazy. Hamilton would be my top untouchable. Great for Calgary though.

Good weekend for the Oilers. McDavid of course, but also got Griffin Reinhart. Also Gryba who should be a solid young defenseman. Im not sure on Talbot though. I don't trust the results with that good Rangers team. His contract situation isnt ideal either, i was hoping Buffalo didn't get him. IMO though goalies are mostly a product of the skaters these days. There are only like 2 "franchise goalies" in the NHL right now Lunqvist and Price. Maybe Quick? Maybe not? Back 10-15-20 years ago, there were like 12 of them and if you didnt have one then you had little to no hope, unless you were the Red Wings.

Very excited for the Sabres. Great rebuild. Young team with some blue chip 23-25 year olds.
    Forwards before free agency Kane, Eichel, Moulson, OReilly, Girgensons, Reinhart, Ennis, Larssen, Deslauriers, Gionta, McGinn, Foligno, Legwand, and Hodgson. Defense, Bogosian, Pysyk, Ristolainen, McCabe, Ruhwedel, Weber, and Gorges. With Lehner in net.

Reinhart was the fourth overall pick in 2012 but slipped behind Ryan Pulock on the team's defense prospect chart. Reinhart played eight games as a rookie this past season but spent the majority of the season in Bridgeport. When the Islanders needed a defenseman during their first-round playoff series against the Capitals, Reinhart played Game 5 but sat out Games 6 and 7.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-twice-trade-up-into-first-round-of-nhl-draft-1.10585227

He was passed over by Scott Mayfield in one of those playoff games. Scott Mayfield is/was a mid level prospect whose now going to be fighting for a starting spot with the isles. He's also not very tough for his size.

My take on this trade. Snow was impatient with Reinhart, but I also think Snow gave him chance after chance to prove himself, but failed everytime. Just cause your big doesn't mean you are gonna be mean and nasty and throw the body around. He wasn't worth the #4 overall pick in his draft class, even though the all the hockey people raved about him. Who knows maybe living up the #4 overall expectations was to tough for him. Maybe going home will be better.

• Wow, the wheels keep turning.

Kings kill Richards' contract and now it has come out (the start of) why they did it / felt they could do it and get away with it. Wonder if those rumors are going to prove true. Hate it for him if they do.

The Legend of Don Sweeney grows as he turns around Martin Jones for a 1st round pick. So he ends up with a D Prospect from the Kings, right to sign a prospect from the Sharks, the #13 1st round pick this year from the Kings and a 1st round pick next year from the Sharks for Lucic. May not turn out too badly. I know everyone is killing him and wondering what the hell he is doing but that sounds like a good haul for Lucic. Dougie Hamilton? Well......... Trading a draft pick for Zach Reynaldo?

I think this is a great trade for the Sharks and now the Kings will have to see Martin Jones a lot if he blossoms as many think he might. Bs didnt need him anyway with Tukka Rask in the pipes.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Wow, the wheels keep turning.

Kings kill Richards' contract and now it has come out (the start of) why they did it / felt they could do it and get away with it. Wonder if those rumors are going to prove true. Hate it for him if they do.

What's the rumor on Richards? I just keep seeing that there was an "off-ice incident" and possibly something that happened at the border according to dipshit Pierre McGuire. Has to be something bad if they felt they could just terminate his contract like that.
  • There have been rumors for years of his partying deeply impacting his ice time. His teammates (and GM) love him but fresh rumors about border crossing with a certain substance on his person floated through the grapevine over the weekend. Think Stoll and Las Vegas.
    Poor bastard, I hope not.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

There have been rumors for years of his partying deeply impacting his ice time. His teammates (and GM) love him but fresh rumors about border crossing with a certain substance on his person floated through the grapevine over the weekend. Think Stoll and Las Vegas.

Ahhh, gotcha. I've always heard the rumors of him partying. But to get caught with something like that at the border??? How fucking dumb is this guy??? Same thing as Stoll....trying to bring shit into a Vegas club that pats everyone down. Unbelievable.
  • There have been rumors for years of his partying deeply impacting his ice time. His teammates (and GM) love him but fresh rumors about border crossing with a certain substance on his person floated through the grapevine over the weekend. Think Stoll and Las Vegas.

Ahhh, gotcha. I've always heard the rumors of him partying. But to get caught with something like that at the border??? How fucking dumb is this guy??? Same thing as Stoll....trying to bring shit into a Vegas club that pats everyone down. Unbelievable.
    Wont say I have never done stupid shit but then again I am not a high profile millionaire athlete.
    Hopefully it is something else and not this as he could be in some trouble.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    caught at the border with oxy's, eh?