Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,819
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PHOTOS: More ugly NHL team holiday sweaters to damage your retinas

LMFAO

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/628567

photo cropped_Ugly1.jpg
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Jets one is actally pretty cool
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,819
    omfg, clawing my eyes out over that Ducks one. Sabres / Preds are pretty awful too.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    You just didn't see the good looking ones lol :D

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    The Predators are hot! Forsberg was a great pickup!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    RIP Pat Quinn. A great hockey contributor.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

RIP Pat Quinn. A great hockey contributor.

Yes indeed
  • Options
    also Viktor Tikhonov

http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/story/_/id/11929044/tikhonov-viktor-soviet-hockey-coach-dies-84

MOSCOW -- Viktor Tikhonov, the Soviet hockey coach whose teams won three Olympic gold medals but fell to the United States in the "Miracle on Ice," died after a long illness. He was 84.

Russia's Kontinental Hockey League said early Monday that Tikhonov died during the night. He had been receiving treatment at home for an undisclosed illness that had left him unable to walk in recent weeks.
    Viktor Tikhonov (right, with Vladimir Putin in 2010) coached against the U.S. in the "Miracle on Ice" game at the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid.
    "The entire global hockey community has lost a great coach," Vladislav Tretiak, who played goalie for Tikhonov's Soviet team and now heads the Russian Hockey Federation, told Russia's R-Sport news agency.

"He devoted his entire life to hockey until the last second. Even when I was with him in the hospital, we were discussing what needed to be done and how, in order to raise the Russian national team to the very highest level."

Russian president Vladimir Putin expressed condolences to Tikhonov's family, the Kremlin said. The Russian Ministry of Sport called his death an "irreplaceable loss" for hockey fans worldwide.

While a successful player, winning four Soviet titles as a defenseman, Tikhonov came into his own during 14 years in charge of the Soviet national team.

Under Tikhonov, the Soviet Big Red Machine was a powerhouse, although it settled for the silver medal at the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid, New York, after the stunning defeat to the United States.

Tikhonov's teams went on to win Olympic gold in 1984 and 1988, and he took the post-Soviet Unified Team to another gold at the 1992 Games. He also led the Soviet team to eight world championship titles.

An authoritarian leader with a taste for intense training sessions, Tikhonov used the Soviet political system to control his players and was known to cut star players from the team for international tournaments if he feared they might defect to the West.
  • Options
    RIP Pat Quinn :(
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,495
    Fucking Islanders are kicking all kinds of ass feels good to have a good team to root for it's been way to long ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited December 2014
    Jean Béliveau, beloved Canadiens hockey legend, dead at 83

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/hockey-great-jean-beliveau-dies-at-83-1.2130293

Grew up listening to stories about Jean Beliveau from my Dad...

Truly one of the NHL all-time greats, has his name engraved on the Stanley Cup a record 17 times.

Hockey is truly a religion in Montreal and I'm sure the city is grieving tonight.

RIP Mr. Beleveau
    Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Fucking Islanders are kicking all kinds of ass feels good to have a good team to root for it's been way to long ...

Fuck the islanders! =))
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,495
    I know it's hard for you to acknowledge the best hockey team in the tristate area resides in Nassau still very early in the season but they are playing better than your Rangers ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Posted the Super Bowl odds for the NFL as we enter the playoffs on that thread and it made me wonder where we are as we near mid-season in the NHL

I can see Chicago being the clear favorite and Kings/Blues/Habs all look like good buys there. Preds @ 30/1 are also intriguing. A fun way to toss a few hundred around next time in a sports book!

roflbot.jpg
  • Options
    Big game tonight

Canada vs Russia in the WJC Gold Medal Game. 8PM. NHL Network. Russia stole gold from Canada 3 years ago and either team has been able to achieve Gold since. Stacked Canada team.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    MayDay10 wrote: »
    Big game tonight

Canada vs Russia in the WJC Gold Medal Game. 8PM. NHL Network. Russia stole gold from Canada 3 years ago and either team has been able to achieve Gold since. Stacked Canada team.

Let's bring the GOLD back to where it belongs !!!!

GO CANADA GO
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Posted the Super Bowl odds for the NFL as we enter the playoffs on that thread and it made me wonder where we are as we near mid-season in the NHL

I can see Chicago being the clear favorite and Kings/Blues/Habs all look like good buys there. Preds @ 30/1 are also intriguing. A fun way to toss a few hundred around next time in a sports book!

roflbot.jpg

Montreal at 16-1
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote: »

roflbot.jpg

Montreal at 16-1

Yeah I called that one out too (Habs) -- If there is a team in the East that can manage to beat the beastly West this year I think it would be Montreal.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    The young talent is really starting to blossom for the Red Wings this year. I wasn't so sure what direction the team was heading for this year after a so-so last season.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote: »
    The young talent is really starting to blossom for the Red Wings this year. I wasn't so sure what direction the team was heading for this year after a so-so last season.

Bummer about Howard, hope he comes back fine. I have not watched many Wings games this year, will have to check them out.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote: »

Bummer about Howard, hope he comes back fine. I have not watched many Wings games this year, will have to check them out.
    Granted he tends goal and is probably very flexible, but the move he made that resulted in a "slight groin tear", if done by me, would have resulted in a painful death.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    pjhawks wrote: »

roflbot.jpg

Montreal at 16-1

Yeah I called that one out too (Habs) -- If there is a team in the East that can manage to beat the beastly West this year I think it would be Montreal.

The best odds on that board out of the east would be the Habs for the money. So since I can't stand them I'm sticking to the Bruins.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,585
  • Options
    ^^^ Nice!

Wow, Kings cannot seem to catch a break this year. Guess that is what happens when they caught them all in the playoffs and won the cup last year. One top scorer breaks his leg, the other has Mono....one top D is injured and another is a pile of shit that beat on his wife and deservedly will land in jail. In a scrap for every puck game-plan, losing 4 top players is going to really fuck with the team. Time for Dealing Deano to make a move.

• Options
    Natural selection at it's finest moment ^^^
  • Options
    Pre-game donnybrook between two French-Canadian teams. The team that started it had their owners and CEO suspended until 2017 .... they must have been major dickheads in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujJH_ub0p_0
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    edited January 2015
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Br8JoE6CMAAUGpQ.jpg
  • Options
    Kings blow another one last night. Fuck!