Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

big games tonight -- pulling so much for both of the dogs here....NY has to win 3 in a row and CGY 3 out of 4. I dont particularly like either the Caps/Lightning and think NY has a chance against Chi or Anashit while the other 2 wont.
    Regardless if CGY loses I will be rooting for the east as it will make me totally gag if the Fucks win and will piss me off if the Hawks win. (Hawks before Fucks of course....anyone but the Fucks)

Enjoying the play and would love to see the Habs pull a Kings.

I went to the ducks/flames game in Anaheim last week, game 1. Boring as shit. Shouldn't have expected anything else, grew up 10 mins from the "pond". Last nights Rangers game was insane. Like neilybabes said, you had to been there to experience it. Wow, still buzzing. People all around screaming and freaking out. Unreal. Rangers can do this 1 shift at a time. Bring it back to the garden for game 7.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Damnit, Rangers takin' forever to finish this series and screwin' up my bracket.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    that Caps-Rangers game 6 tonight was a great game. game 7 should be spectacular
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,985
    The Montreal Canadiens have been eliminated? No more favoritism announcing from CBC? Whooo hooo!!!!!

Now we are so happy. We do the dance of joy! HEY!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8
  • Options
    demetrios said:

The Montreal Canadiens have been eliminated? No more favoritism announcing from CBC? Whooo hooo!!!!!

Now we are so happy. We do the dance of joy! HEY!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

We still got fuckface Pierre doing the games in the states. Talk about a complete douche bag. Ranger hater
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    There will always be favourtism from CBC announcers anyway. Toronto until the playoffs start, then Ottawa, then whoever is left.
    D's just jealous his team got no playoff coverage whatsoever.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    I wanted it to be Habs/Rangers. Oh please, oh please, dont let it be Tampa/Washington! Go Rangers, save us from the Capitals.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Hard to see the Rangers losing a game 7 at the garden. Should be a good one.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    the Caps looked so dominant in Game 6.

Its going to come down to a bounce or 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,985
    Rygar said:

There will always be favourtism from CBC announcers anyway. Toronto until the playoffs start, then Ottawa, then whoever is left.
    D's just jealous his team got no playoff coverage whatsoever.

Yeah I'm sad the Bruins didn't make it to the playoffs but dude I love the game of hockey. I can't stop watching the game. It's just .. you can't enjoy listening to the announcers on CBC TV. You just can't! It's 100% in favor of Canadiens side. Any hockey game you watch on NESN, they don't take sides throughout the whole game. SN & TSN sometimes they are in favor especially when they broadcast a Sen's game. But not as bad as CBC.

CBC should fired their Hockey Night in Canada crew & hire Jim Ross from the WWE.
    Subban! Subban! Subban! hahaha

Tonight I'm hoping the Caps will take it. Would like to see Ovechkin take his team to the Stanley Cup Finals.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You are crazy if you dont think NESN is biased. Jack Edwards is a cartoon character. He is the worst in the NHL by miles and probably worse than Hawk Harrelson of the White Sox for the worst in all sports.

CBC is the best in the business and its not even close.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    I find most stations are biased one way or another.
    I liked watching the Habs french coverage on RDS because I couldn't understand what they were saying. Although you could tell when they weren't impressed!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

You are crazy if you dont think NESN is biased. Jack Edwards is a cartoon character. He is the worst in the NHL by miles and probably worse than Hawk Harrelson of the White Sox for the worst in all sports.

But don't you kinda expect the announcers for local broadcasts to be homers? You don't expect it from national broadcasts.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    its beyond homerism with Jack Edwards though. He pretty much alters reality and shrieks when the Bruins do well... cant do any wrong, while the opposing team is a bunch of evil cheap shot divers. Plus, D said "NESN doesnt take sides throughout the game". I have seen all broadcasts many many times and NESN is the worst for taking sides... (followed by Philly).

CBC focuses on Canadian teams. I dont sense much bias in Bob Cole's pbp or Hughson's pbp. Don Cherry is just a character and icon.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    was routing for the habs, last CDN team, but now i will jump on the capital bandwagon....lol.

Go Wings go!... next year! Ha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    rumors in Buffalo that Babcock will sign with the Sabres by Monday.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MayDay10 said:

really, have not heard that yet. i hear its between 3 teams. the flyers, buffalo and Detroit.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127

MayDay10 said:

But don't you kinda expect the announcers for local broadcasts to be homers? You don't expect it from national broadcasts.
    That makes sense.
    MayDay10 said:

In that case, I guess Babcock is no longer interesting in going to the playoffs anymore!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fife said:

MayDay10 said:

really, have not heard that yet. i hear its between 3 teams. the flyers, buffalo and Detroit.
    A message board poster on hockeybuzz says it's all but done. $6 MIL per... sounds stupid but apparently this guy has called a few sabres trades ahead of time... like the Kane deal with all the pieces going back and forth the night before ot happened.

Buffalo is actually a good destination right now. with additions of eichel and kane... plus reinhart and pysyk, it should be an exciting young team. Also still have a lot of pix and oodles of cap room. Defense corps will include bogosian, ristolainen, zadorov, pysyk, and gorges,
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303

sudden death OT! :smile:

Go Caps!!!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

fife said:

MayDay10 said:

A message board poster on hockeybuzz says it's all but done. $6 MIL per... sounds stupid but apparently this guy has called a few sabres trades ahead of time... like the Kane deal with all the pieces going back and forth the night before ot happened.

Buffalo is actually a good destination right now. with additions of eichel and kane... plus reinhart and pysyk, it should be an exciting young team. Also still have a lot of pix and oodles of cap room. Defense corps will include bogosian, ristolainen, zadorov, pysyk, and gorges,
    and Pegula (?) has a shit load of money. No way the Flyers are paying $6 million per year for a coach. I thought $5 mil would be a stretch for the Flyers.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    great game last night!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

great game last night!

Thanks for rooting for the caps Dave! Make sure you root for the bolts this series too haha
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    Nice W & comeback for the Rangers. Really rooting against the Ducks but would like Rangers to win from remaining 4 teams.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    May 13th must be Henrik Lundqvist's favorite day of the year!

5/13/13, 35 Saves, Rangers win game 7
    5/13/14, 35 Saves, Rangers win game 7
    5/13/15, 35 Saves, Rangers win game 7

Also, Ovechkin is a big fucking liar. His pants are on fire.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Ha!
    His effort was there, blame the rest of the team for sucking.
  • Options
    NHL scheduling never makes sense. Rangers win a game 7 last night and the ECF starts Saturday. Hawks and Ducks both haven't played for several days and the WCF starts Sunday. Why the hell wouldn't this series start Friday night?? Or even tonight?
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Jason P said:

Ha!
    His effort was there, blame the rest of the team for sucking.
    Can't blame anyone on the caps for sucking. They took my Rangers to game 7.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

NHL scheduling never makes sense. Rangers win a game 7 last night and the ECF starts Saturday. Hawks and Ducks both haven't played for several days and the WCF starts Sunday. Why the hell wouldn't this series start Friday night?? Or even tonight?

agree not sure whey the West isn't starting friday and doing friday-sunday. East was pretty much set to play Saturday afternoon as a lead in to the Preakness.

and did I hear Why Go being played before a faceoff in OT last night?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

agree not sure whey the West isn't starting friday and doing friday-sunday. East was pretty much set to play Saturday afternoon as a lead in to the Preakness.

and did I hear Why Go being played before a faceoff in OT last night?
    Well it's because that jerkoff Kanye West has a concert at the Anaheim arena on Saturday night. And apparently that makes Friday night unavailable there as well because of his stage setup. Just when I thought that I couldn't hate that guy any more....