2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    All part of the negotiations ;)
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Rygar said:

All part of the negotiations ;)

I think PK is gone in 2 years. this is the 2nd time they have low balled him.
    I doubt it, but never say never.
    Rygar said:

I just don't understand what the habs are thinking. you sign Eller for 4 years but offer PK a 1 year contract.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    fife said:

Rygar said:

I just don't understand what the habs are thinking. you sign Eller for 4 years but offer PK a 1 year contract.
    I think they want to see what the cap is next year and adjust. Zucc took a 1 year for the rangers and they're gonna sign him to a 3 year deal once they figure out the cap. But ya low balling him twice, not good.
    Salary cap is supposedly going up the next two years, I'm with badbrains' thinking on this one. Supposedly good communication between the two this time around so I'm not sure how much stock I put into the Cdns offer. They know they aren't going to sign him for 5.5 and they aren't going to let him go to another team, either.
    8 years, 9 million average annual.
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,396
    I just don't get these absurd contracts. There's not a player in the whole league that's worth that kind of scratch, especially a defenseman. What was the point of the lock out again? I get a knot in my stomach when I hear "The cap is going up again next year". It all translates into the cost of my Kings seats going up too. This Subban contract makes Doughty's 7M/per a steal.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

I This Subban contract makes Doughty's 7M/per a steal.

Agreed ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Montreal wasn't going to let him get away ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Shocked by the contract amount but I dont see how they were going to let him go either.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Bought tickets (expensive!) for the Flyers game on Nov 20th when 2 of my wife's favorite flyers have their numbers retired. (Lindros/Leclair)
    Seeing the Kings are going to retire Rob Blake's #4 (my favorite King) on Jany 17th makes me want to find my way to LA for that.

First pre-season games a little over a month away!

Bought tickets (expensive!) for the Flyers game on Nov 20th when 2 of my wife's favorite flyers have their numbers retired. (Lindros/Leclair)
    Seeing the Kings are going to retire Rob Blake's #4 (my favorite King) on Jany 17th makes me want to find my way to LA for that.

Fuck!
    You should've told me before u bought them! My buddy could've possibly hooked u up with his flyer connection.
  • Yeah I probably should post before making a pricey purchase like that. Had to go upper deck (1st row in center area though so still very good seats) but I figured that anyone with connections was using them for themselves if they were Flyers fans for the ceremony. I loved LeClair, one of my favorite all time players. (Even if it hurt how he killed the Kings with his OT goals in the finals for Montreal) Never cared for Lindros but my wife can wear her Lindros gear and I have a University of Vermont sweater I can break out to honor their best hockey alum in Leclair. (Timmy Thomas and Marty St Louis can take a back seat to LeClair...also because he actually was from VT)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

I loved LeClair, one of my favorite all time players. (Even if it hurt how he killed the Kings with his OT goals in the finals for Montreal)

no real kings fan would say that ;)
  • Lol. Growing up in vt I was already a big fann of his prior to moving to LA and rooting for los kings.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    The dead zone of August...
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    MayDay10 said:

The dead zone of August...

Yeah, end of Sept. is the Canes Carnival which should be fun, get autographs and watch em play. But then another month until everything starts...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    brodeur ---- going to quietly back away? or will a team sign him in the coming weeks?
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    I'd be surprised if he backs away. There has to be at least one team that would take him, Brodeur would just have to submit to being second fiddle.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024

I'd be surprised if he backs away. There has to be at least one team that would take him, Brodeur would just have to submit to being second fiddle.

How funny would it be if the rangers traded talbot for a fucken awesome player and signed fatso to backup hank. I always said it would be funny when the day comes fatso is wearing a blueshirt and backing up hank! Maybe it'll happen now hahahahaha
  • Fatso lol. MB one of the all time greats even though I never cared for him much.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    I'm still laughing about "fatso" as well. Hard to argue against his greatness, and this coming from a longtime divisional rival. The best is when the Pens had the Devil Killer Alexei Morozov, who otherwise sucked, but was consistently good against Brodeur.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024

I'm still laughing about "fatso" as well. Hard to argue against his greatness, and this coming from a longtime divisional rival. The best is when the Pens had the Devil Killer Alexei Morozov, who otherwise sucked, but was consistently good against Brodeur.

Hahahaha, ya he was great and fat! Thank god we got hank all those years ago because before we did, fatso OWNED us. Something like over 20+ games without a lose against us. Then we got the king and that shit changed asap!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i think that winless streak against the devils hit somewhere around 30 games. that was a dark, dark era for ranger fans. most of my friends are devil fans and they would just lay into me game after game. :))

i would love to go back in time and see one more game -- richter vs brodeur. that ranger/devil match up was the NHL's version of the knicks/bulls matchup. that was the one game everyone was always tuning into. add the division and geographical rival aspect and that make for great, great hockey.

as a guy that absolutely hates brodeur, he is the last guy standing (besides jagr) from that 90's brand of hockey. will be a sad day when he hangs them up.

Bought tickets (expensive!) for the Flyers game on Nov 20th when 2 of my wife's favorite flyers have their numbers retired. (Lindros/Leclair)

i keep checking the flyers website for tickets but they have not gone on sale. how did you get the tickets?
  • Season tickets from someone through StubHub. I dont have the actual tickets yet just the StubHub confirmation/guarantee that you get when you make the purchase and they charge you...

Season tickets from someone through StubHub. I dont have the actual tickets yet just the StubHub confirmation/guarantee that you get when you make the purchase and they charge you...

ok, i am hoping to come from Toronto to philly to watch the rangers game in November.
  • StubHub if you are willing to overpay. Would go broke using it all of the time but for a handful of events where I want to be certain I enjoy buying in advance on the Hub.

Damn near $100 for each seat in lower bowl for when the Kings come to town. Hockey is expensive.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881

StubHub if you are willing to overpay. Would go broke using it all of the time but for a handful of events where I want to be certain I enjoy buying in advance on the Hub.

Damn near $100 for each seat in lower bowl for when the Kings come to town. Hockey is expensive.

Being by a "lower market team is great" I can usually get upper level tix for most games under $15, unless it's like det, bos, pitt, etc...

I was talking with an old neighbor. He said it was cheaper to buy 2 front row tix vs the rangers and fly his brother down to NC for the game than tix anywhere at msg. crazy
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?