2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    a5pj said:

StubHub if you are willing to overpay. Would go broke using it all of the time but for a handful of events where I want to be certain I enjoy buying in advance on the Hub.

Damn near $100 for each seat in lower bowl for when the Kings come to town. Hockey is expensive.

Being by a "lower market team is great" I can usually get upper level tix for most games under $15, unless it's like det, bos, pitt, etc...
    I can't even park at the United Center for under $15. Prices for Hawks games are insane....you aren't getting in the building for anything less than $70-75 for most games unless you want standing room. And even those are $40-50. Still kicking myself in the ass that I didn't go in with my 2 buddies on season tickets 5 years ago.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    yeah, my seasons in the nosebleeds are $34 each/game and $10 to park.
  • MayDay10 said:

yeah, my seasons in the nosebleeds are $34 each/game and $10 to park.

that is sweet!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fuck all you guys and your teams! Imagine what the fuck us rangers fans pay? Ask rival, dankind, bathey or jay! My asshole hurts every time I head into the city. For some strange reason, they don't like to use Vaseline on us. Fucken Dolan!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rumour NHL set to expand again...

NHL expansion to include Toronto, Quebec City, Seattle and Las Vegas: Report

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2014/08/26/21900441.html

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 said:

4 teams???? That seems a bit extreme.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    badbrains said:

Fuck all you guys and your teams! Imagine what the fuck us rangers fans pay? Ask rival, dankind, bathey or jay! My asshole hurts every time I head into the city. For some strange reason, they don't like to use Vaseline on us. Fucken Dolan!

try living in Toronto. the tickets are the highest in the NHL and di dI mention that its the leafs who play here.
    to be fair though, NYC and Toronto are jacked up price-wise anyway. For everything.

lukin2006 said:

Im guessing that the reality is Las Vegas and Seattle are both on the short track now to be expanded to.

In addition, the Miami situation is looking bleaker and bleaker, so Quebec City is likely going to end up with that franchise.

Likewise in Glendale. If things go south with the new owner, the public, and fans, I could see them getting moved to Toronto or KC, I would think KC more likely if there is an owner
    MayDay10 said:

lukin2006 said:

Im guessing that the reality is Las Vegas and Seattle are both on the short track now to be expanded to.

In addition, the Miami situation is looking bleaker and bleaker, so Quebec City is likely going to end up with that franchise.

Likewise in Glendale. If things go south with the new owner, the public, and fans, I could see them getting moved to Toronto or KC, I would think KC more likely if there is an owner
    Yeah, I could see 4 teams if at least 2 are relocated. But I just can't see them adding 4 brand new teams and having 34 teams in the league. The league will be watered down plus there's no way all of those franchises will survive because like you said, the situations for the Panthers and Coyotes are not good.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I can see it ... I heard they could get 1.4 billion expansion fee by adding 4 teams, that's a lot of $$$.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    MayDay10 said:

lukin2006 said:

Yes, this is pretty good thinking here. Seattle and Vegas no doubt.
    that also contributes to the current uneven conferences...

I was/am pretty sure that those conferences were designed for 2 plug and play Western expansion teams.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881

a5pj said:

StubHub if you are willing to overpay. Would go broke using it all of the time but for a handful of events where I want to be certain I enjoy buying in advance on the Hub.

Damn near $100 for each seat in lower bowl for when the Kings come to town. Hockey is expensive.

Being by a "lower market team is great" I can usually get upper level tix for most games under $15, unless it's like det, bos, pitt, etc...
    I can't even park at the United Center for under $15. Prices for Hawks games are insane....you aren't getting in the building for anything less than $70-75 for most games unless you want standing room. And even those are $40-50. Still kicking myself in the ass that I didn't go in with my 2 buddies on season tickets 5 years ago.
    Yeah that blows, they upped the parking on us last year from 10 to 15 and a lot of ppl threw a fit, guess we should just count ourselves lucky we don't have to pay higher market prices.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

MayDay10 said:

lukin2006 said:

out of those 4 cities, i don't see the NHL moving teams to Toronto and quebec city. the NHL would get more money from those cities for new teams. out of those 4 cities only 2 have nhl rinks lined up and that is in Quebec and also Vegas. from what i heard today on TSN was that KC is not even in the picture anymore.
    MayDay10 said:

to be fair though, NYC and Toronto are jacked up price-wise anyway. For everything.

baseball tickets are still cheap here and so is basketball.
  • fife said:

MayDay10 said:

baseball tickets are still cheap here and so is basketball.
    In NYC? I have been lucky enough to go all over this great country of ours and attend games in a large number of the parks. Yankees tickets are some of the most overprices items in all of the land.
    Scratch that -- in my opinion they are. The new stadium is not to my liking and getting tanked there costs an additional fortune.

I dont pay for basketball games so I dont know there. Have been to many but haven't paid for years.

Hockey rules (only college football is more fun live in my opinion) but it sure is pricey. Wish everywhere had the Sabres pricing that was shared!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    adding 4 new teams is stupid. get the teams out of phoenix and the florida teams and move them before adding 4 teams. the talent level now is not good enough and you are going to add another 100 players or so. absurd. and i can't believe the Leafs would allow another team in Toronto.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Kansas City has a pro hockey stadium ready to go.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Vegas is going to be cool !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Penguins bringing back "Pittsburgh Gold" jerseys, to which I say, "win a fucking Cup!"
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024

Penguins bringing back "Pittsburgh Gold" jerseys, to which I say, "win a fucking Cup!"

HALTS MAUL
  • Trying to either get tix to the Winter Classic or the All-Star Game. I really hate the way sports teams handle these special events. Why should I have to be a Caps season ticket holder in order to even have a chance to buy Winter Classic tickets? I mean, the Verizon Center only holds 19k and not all of those are season ticket holders. Nationals Park holds 40k. Why not open it up to the general public??? And it's not just hockey, either. A buddy of mine is a huge Orioles fan and he can't get tickets to the playoffs unless he puts a deposit on 2015 season tickets. It's complete bullshit. Let the people that want to pay and go to the game do just that!
    Instead, you have to wait for the season tickets holders to buy up all the special event tickets, then shell out 3-10x face value on the secondary market. Reminds me of Pearl Jam merch.
    its all the game of perceived demand.
  • I actually agree that Season Ticket Holders should have first shot. That said, I have never owned Season Tickets...much as I love sports going to every game is just more than I can do.
    Really excited to get the season going, we need to change this to the 2014 Regular Season Thread so that the Kings can get to defending the crown! ;)
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Anyone else see that renewing Kings season ticket holders got a vial of melted ice from the cup game, pretty cool.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• I didnt see that -- pretty cool, would like to have one of those.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    finally new season begins soon :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD