Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    only thing I got going is rooting for the Sabres, Islanders, and Blues to lose every game
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    MayDay10 said:

only thing I got going is rooting for the Sabres, Islanders, and Blues to lose every game

of those 3 teams, the only team i can see losing every game will be the Sabres which is what I would want if i was a sabres fan.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,819
    Go Kings Go! (seems an impossible dream to hope for another cup after getting 2 in the last 3 years....but it sure is going to be fun watching/rooting for it!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    If anyone missed the terrible hit on Jeff Skinner from Niskanen on the Caps you should check it out. He now has (another) concussion, no in game penalty, nothing yet from the league.. He clearly targeted the head with his elbow. Here's his BS quote.

"The puck popped out to him and he had his back to the net. I was closing on him and was getting ready to defend him, and he did like a spin-around shot and he spun his face right into my elbow," Niskanen said Sunday. "I could feel it. ... I didn't even have time to hit him, he just spun right into me. I hope he's OK."

I think the Canes might be in for a rough start to the season...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Carolina is the worst team in the league.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,974
    It was hard for me to determine if that elbow was intentional. Niskanen was definitely going in for a hit, and regardless of intent there was head contact, so I think he'll get some suspension or fine for it, but it didn't look malicious to me. The quote is ridiculous, though.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I think the Flames will give them a run for their money for worst team. as for the hit, i don't think a suspension will happen but if it does I can see maybe 2 games.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

says the person with the sabers logo (52 points sounds familiar?) :)) I jest, and will have to wait a few games to either agree or disagree with your statement

• Options

It was hard for me to determine if that elbow was intentional. Niskanen was definitely going in for a hit, and regardless of intent there was head contact, so I think he'll get some suspension or fine for it, but it didn't look malicious to me. The quote is ridiculous, though.

I agree, def wasn't the worst hit to the head I've ever seen, but should have at least been noticed on the ice... gotta love nhl refs

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,819
    It is made worse by the fact that Skinner is 'Glass Jaw Guy' and cannot afford to take shots to the head.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

I actually agree that Season Ticket Holders should have first shot. That said, I have never owned Season Tickets...much as I love sports going to every game is just more than I can do.
    Really excited to get the season going, we need to change this to the 2014 Regular Season Thread so that the Kings can get to defending the crown! ;)

First shot, yes, I completely agree. To me, that's a reward for investing so much into the team. However, forcing everyone to sign up for season ticket packages just to have a chance is bullshit.
    Think your Kings & my Hawks will make it a 4th straight WC Final this year? The depth in both teams is utterly astounding.
  • Options

I actually agree that Season Ticket Holders should have first shot. That said, I have never owned Season Tickets...much as I love sports going to every game is just more than I can do.
    Really excited to get the season going, we need to change this to the 2014 Regular Season Thread so that the Kings can get to defending the crown! ;)

First shot, yes, I completely agree. To me, that's a reward for investing so much into the team. However, forcing everyone to sign up for season ticket packages just to have a chance is bullshit.
    Think your Kings & my Hawks will make it a 4th straight WC Final this year? The depth in both teams is utterly astounding.
    At this point, the easy answer is Yes. And I hope it happens, although I may have a fucking heart attack if we repeat that again.
    The reality, though, is that the west was downright beastly last year. St Louis, Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, LA....fucking brutal. I am still blown away that the Kings were able to make it through last year. Anything can happen and I fully expect Anaheim, Chicago, LA, and St Louis to be formidable again. And what about Minnesota, Colorado, San Jose, and Dallas?

In the East there are some good teams as well but I think the West is still where the power is.

Best part about today? We get to see the start of it!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792

At this point, the easy answer is Yes. And I hope it happens, although I may have a fucking heart attack if we repeat that again.
    The reality, though, is that the west was downright beastly last year. St Louis, Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago, LA....fucking brutal. I am still blown away that the Kings were able to make it through last year. Anything can happen and I fully expect Anaheim, Chicago, LA, and St Louis to be formidable again. And what about Minnesota, Colorado, San Jose, and Dallas?

In the East there are some good teams as well but I think the West is still where the power is.

Best part about today? We get to see the start of it!
    Yeah man, the west is going to be a fucking bloodbath this year. Can't wait to see how it all shakes out. So happy to have hockey back.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    basically the same team that has won 2 of the last 3 cups and 3 straight wc appearances and no one at espn picked the kings to even make the finals :)) i mean, c'mon
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    norm said:

basically the same team that has won 2 of the last 3 cups and 3 straight wc appearances and no one at espn picked the kings to even make the finals :)) i mean, c'mon

All that extra hockey has to catch up with them at some point, right? Olympics included in the middle of all that. But yeah, it does seem a bit odd that no one picked them to make the finals.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i get the fatigue factor but they experienced it back in 2013...hopefully they'll keep that in mind during the season
  • Options
    The Western Conference is just fucking brutal
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Frig I hate playing the Leaves...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,042
    TSN & Sportsnet are both showing the Montreal vs Leafs.
    I hope both teams loose.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,839
    demetrios said:

TSN & Sportsnet are both showing the Montreal vs Leafs.
    I hope both teams loose.

Bite your tongue, I mean hoping the Leafs lose is just natural but Montreal kicks ass. As proven tonight cause we won :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

The Western Conference is just fucking brutal

i think the only hope an eastern team has of winning is the cup is because the west is that good.
  • Options
    so nice to watch some hockey last night. Wings tonight! Then going Canes and Islanders opener.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Nice start to the season for the Bruins, however beware now that Melrose has chosen the Bruins to come out of the East to face the Hawks. A rematch with the Hawks sounds good but theHawks are really really tough to beat.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,706
    I don't give rat's ass about hockey but this is pretty funny:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WILD 5....Avalanche 0. Lets do it again tomorrow night!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    si.com/nhl/2014/10/17/ranking-all-30-NHL-goal-songs-and-horns

Damn I hate hearing the Hawks' song but after listening to all 30 it is the best one.
  • Options

si.com/nhl/2014/10/17/ranking-all-30-NHL-goal-songs-and-horns

Damn I hate hearing the Hawks' song but after listening to all 30 it is the best one.

lol, the Sabres havent used Song 2 for like 12 years
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    good to see the Oilers are finally progressing on the rebuild :-S
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Hey, hey -- they won! I agree with Grapes....they need to trade away one of these kids. What they are doing is not working. At all.
  • Options
    I bet they trade one of their forwards for Myers before long