http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JLvcaj ... r_embedded
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Anyone want Scott Gomez? I hear he's available!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rygar wrote:

:lol:

been there, done that
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Couldn't have hired a mediator six months ago? :fp:

the way the 2 sides negotiate strategically, it is based on final deadline and opportunity cost. It sucks.

It looks like this is a 10 year deal (cant see both sides opting out after 8).

They should have written in a rule that the entire season is toast if they cant agree on the next CBA by October 1st.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:

we're kinda stacked ..go to the flyers thread :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Rygar wrote:

we're kinda stacked ..go to the flyers thread :lol:

Or maybe a return to the jersey swamps..... :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Let's play some double headers. :lol:
  • well, downtown Winnipeg will have rich white people hanging around again.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Couldn't have hired a mediator six months ago? :fp:

the way the 2 sides negotiate strategically, it is based on final deadline and opportunity cost. It sucks.
    exactly....that's what I'm bitching aboot.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    It looks like this is a 10 year deal (cant see both sides opting out after 8).

They should have written in a rule that the entire season is toast if they cant agree on the next CBA by October 1st.
    I wouldn't be so sure about the 8 year opt out. That's a long way away.
    And I dunno...if you didn't let the lockout get to you, or were able to ignore their bullshit altogether....what's wrong with a shortened season? I'd rather that than nothing.
    I support a boycott of the concessions/merch....I needed a new lid last week and wanted an Oil cap bad, but no way would I buy anything nhl related right now.....pretty easy to spend my money elsewhere.
    Still lots of fans telling the Oil to fuck themselves in their facebook comments on the lockout ending, that they won't be back.....they will be eventually, and everyone knows it.....but some goodwill PR gestures from the players and the league would be nice, since both sides used PR as a negotiating tactic throughout the lockout. The latest article in the Edmonton Journal said something about the team working on a concrete plan to offer something back to the fans.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    The next couple weeks will be intense...short camp, players arriving from all over the planet...lots of scrambling for fantasy pool studying! That said.....
    what's happenin with everyone's teams? I haven't followed who's been playing where, who is sitting, who is skating/training with teams but not playing etc....this is important fantasy-wise!

Just found out the OIl will be without Ryan Jones after a serious eye injury while skating in Minnesota....sucks.
    But Nail Yakupov is coming here feeling pretty good after beating Canada in the world juniors....RNH won player of the tournament...Eberle and Schultz were one-two in AHL scoring...and Hall wasn't far behind in ppg after a late start to the season. I always have high hopes, but feel like this just might be the year we take a step. better be! Shortened season, but the Oil's best players have been playing together already....they could do damage. Plus, the oil are like the habs...they've got ghosts, watch it if they make the playoffs!

Pumped....bout time, drop it!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    anyone know when they are going to announce the schedule?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • I always will care about my Mighty Oilers..... But I could give a flying fuck about hockey this year. I'm quite mad that these lockouts are so accepted nowadays as all part of the business.

I cancelled my seasons tickets to rexall and I already haven't bought my hockey news subscription this year. First time since 1985 I haven't had it.

Last time they painted "thank you fans" on the ice. What's it gonna be this time?they should paint Gary is a fuck on the ice.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Last time they painted "thank you fans" on the ice. What's it gonna be this time?they should paint Gary is a fuck on the ice.

This ^^^^
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    what's happenin with everyone's teams? I haven't followed who's been playing where, who is sitting, who is skating/training with teams but not playing etc....this is important fantasy-wise!

Grigorenko is expected to stay in the Q for the season.
    Ennis' shoulder is hurt and things are up in the air.
    Myers was hurt, but apparently he is skating again.
    Steve Ott is stoking the fans' flames, saying all the right things. Talking about "earning the jersey", etc. Along with John Scott, Kaleta, and McCormick, the Sabres finally arent the biggest bunch of pussbags in the league. They got rid of Gaustad which helps.
    Everyone hates Miller
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Me and the wife were talking about this. First thing we both believe one side will opt out after year 8 and we will be back here again. So in reality it's not a ten year aggrement it's a 8 year aggrement. If you think that one side won't opt then you're blind to the fact that these guys only care about the all mighty dollar.

We also said that we are not going to rush back to reward these greedy fucks. Will anther fan take our place oh absolutley and that's fine. But this shit is stupid now we get a half assed season dumping money to a league that just got done saying "Fuck You Fans". So why should we as fans rush back and say oh thank you NHL for getting your shit together and allowing us to give you money. This shit could have been taken care of way back in the summer time or before. The NHL needs to realize they pissed alot of people off this time. Now they need to do something about it. Instead of raising ticket prices (I'm looking at you Buffalo) maybe prices should be slashed this season.

I walked away from baseball with no problem. Maybe because I realized how fucking boring and pointless baseball is i dunno. But this season I'm not interested in the NHL. Of course now saying that almost guarentees the Sabres will tear it up and suck me back in. But I doubt I will be caring to much about the season.
    My butt itches!
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    BLACK35 wrote:
    anyone know when they are going to announce the schedule?

No word yet. Last I heard on Twitter, the season is expected to start January 19th.

So in the spirit of the upcoming 2013 season, the Redwings CAN SUCK IT. :D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    edited January 2013
    DURP wrote:
    Me and the wife were talking about this. First thing we both believe one side will opt out after year 8 and we will be back here again. So in reality it's not a ten year aggrement it's a 8 year aggrement. If you think that one side won't opt then you're blind to the fact that these guys only care about the all mighty dollar.

the thing with that, is it is a mutual opt-out. I dont see that happening unless both sides are in agreement that a particular thing(s) need to change. In that case they already agree. If they want to opt out to pull in different directions then everyone is screwed (players no cap, owners want a rollback/lower cap), but I cant imagine that.

If there was a mutual opt out this time, there would not have been a lockout.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    drivingrl wrote:
    If you are suggesting when they are sucking Champaign from Lord Stanley's Cup, then yes, they can suck it.

8-)
    Jason P wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:
    If you are suggesting when they are sucking Champaign from Lord Stanley's Cup, then yes, they can suck it.

8-)

Is Bertuzzi still on the Redwings? He's the scum of the earth. He can kiss my ass, too.
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Hockey for me is a hobby. I can't rationalize then that me, somehow not buying tickets, will teach them a lesson. They want my money, I want to watch hockey. I know it sucks to see them haggle and fight and, um, well, not play hockey, but if its just a hobby for me, then shouldn't I be thrilled to have them back?

This statement is only limited to sports, but I don't give a shit what the terms of their agreement are. I'm thrilled hockey's back. I'm thrilled on a personal level because it means the return of a favorite pastime (watching NHL hockey). I'm thrilled for the secondary workers (I know several) who have been out of work or hurting because the millionaires can't make up their minds. I'm thrilled for the TV schedule that just got packed. I'm thrilled for the secondary businesses (downtown St. Paul for instance) that just got a boost in revenue from the 25 or so game nights in the next 4 months.

I know it sucks to listen to millionaires bitch and moan about millions of dollars. But me staying away now isn't going to teach any of them a lesson. So fuck it. I can't wait until the season starts.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1

Next!"
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    drivingrl wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

8-)

Is Bertuzzi still on the Redwings? He's the scum of the earth. He can kiss my ass, too.

remember when people cared about Dallas? that was a long time ago hehe
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    guessing no pre-season or practice games?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    guessing no pre-season or practice games?

nope...

season starts on the 19th from what i am hearing, schedule should be out maybe by the weekend
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Not excited. This season is a joke
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539

I'm not excited either, however, I know when the puck drops and there are games on Saturday nights and as we get to March and their are meaningful games for play-off spots, I will be watching
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    So are they gonna lower the ticket prices for us poor fans who had to wait? :lolno:

Didn't some teams in the NBA do that when they had their lockout a few years back?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I think I'll get excited once football is done. That said....

GO BRUINS

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

why? 48 games and a full playoffs is better than nothing

im not talking about the lockout itself...obviously that blew for everyone

but moving forward..we have hockey from jan 19 -june .....with pretty much every game being big

def. better than watching basketball and pre-season baseball

just saying i'm very glad we got something as opposed to nothing

sit back and enjoy the games
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Not excited. This season is a joke

why? 48 games and a full playoffs is better than nothing

im not talking about the lockout itself...obviously that blew for everyone

but moving forward..we have hockey from jan 19 -june .....with pretty much every game being big

def. better than watching basketball and pre-season baseball

just saying i'm very glad we got something as opposed to nothing

sit back and enjoy the games

I agree. The only thing is that I feel like a complete chump for coming right back. Another ridiculous work stoppage and all the die-hard fans will be right back. I know that if I tried not to watch, that wouldn't work out so well. Maybe I just won't drink at any Hawks games that I go to. I'll show them!!