2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    How can anyone not be excited?? Must not be a hockey fan if you aren't excited.

I am super pumped, can't fucking wait. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, it sure fucking does!!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Not excited. This season is a joke

why? 48 games and a full playoffs is better than nothing

im not talking about the lockout itself...obviously that blew for everyone

but moving forward..we have hockey from jan 19 -june .....with pretty much every game being big

def. better than watching basketball and pre-season baseball

just saying i'm very glad we got something as opposed to nothing

sit back and enjoy the games

I agree. The only thing is that I feel like a complete chump for coming right back. Another ridiculous work stoppage and all the die-hard fans will be right back. I know that if I tried not to watch, that wouldn't work out so well. Maybe I just won't drink at any Hawks games that I go to. I'll show them!!

actually this is true....i won't buy any clothes or drink or eat

who am i kidding...getting a Nash shirt a beer and dog in 2 weeks :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

• actually this is true....i won't buy any clothes or drink or eat

Exactly. Don't have any new Hawks players to get new gear for, but I'll be happily drinking $8 Buds at the UC in a couple weeks. My 2 buddies ended up with 4 season tickets instead of 2 for this season so I should be getting to a lot of games.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tumblr_mgdf2upAKX1r4e5zuo1_500.jpg
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448

Preds :evil:

Also, why is my Twitter feed flooded with Leafs news? I had no hockey news in my feed for the longest, now it's blowing up.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • drivingrl wrote:

Also, why is my Twitter feed flooded with Leafs news? I had no hockey news in my feed for the longest, now it's blowing up.

The Leafs just fired Brian Burke. Very weird timing on that one...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    drivingrl wrote:

he needed/deserved to go to a real team :corn:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    drivingrl wrote:

he needed/deserved to go to a real team :corn:
    NashVILLE ;)

No get the Preds jersey instead!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    drivingrl wrote:

i had follow one of the philly writers, he was tweeting all thru the lockout...not that there was much to report....but it was good to have.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

i had follow one of the philly writers, he was tweeting all thru the lockout...not that there was much to report....but it was good to have.
    Which one? The majority of Philly hockey writers are complete fucking morons.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Odd timing on the Burke firing. Leafs ownership just 'effing with the fans now that they get the chance again?

I'm guessing the top brass wanted Luongo and Burke said no.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Gary Bettman: “I'm sorry. We know that no words of apology or explanation will soften the disappointment. I followed the tweets, I read the blogs. We have a lot of work to do.... That effort begins today. There will be outreaches, campaigns and efforts that will be made clear as we get closer to dropping the puck. The NHL is not anticipating any franchise relocation. It's a 10-year agreement, one that will stand the test of time. The CBA should guarantee future success of NHL hockey for many years to come. The strong leadership of the union will help build trust, which can only happen over time. It's time to turn the page and look forward as quickly as possible. In collective bargaining, not everyone gets what they want. No schedule will be released until the CBA has been ratified by players(Saturday)."
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • StevieG wrote:
    How can anyone not be excited?? Must not be a hockey fan if you aren't excited.

I am super pumped, can't fucking wait. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, it sure fucking does!!!!

I'm the games biggest fan, played the game my whole life. I love hockey.
    I am not excited, I Am done with the game. I will not watch, I am a diehard fan and I will miss the NHL but I enjoy watching junior, college hockey. Also I am a hockey coach so I will get my full that way.

The NHL can fuck off and take that little fucker Gary Bettman with it.

That little fucker makes me so angry, he needs to go.

Have fun with the next lockout in 8 years, there's no way either of these 2 greedy sides will make it the full 10 years.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Gary Bettman: “I'm sorry. We know that no words of apology or explanation will soften the disappointment. I followed the tweets, I read the blogs. We have a lot of work to do.... That effort begins today. There will be outreaches, campaigns and efforts that will be made clear as we get closer to dropping the puck. The NHL is not anticipating any franchise relocation. It's a 10-year agreement, one that will stand the test of time. The CBA should guarantee future success of NHL hockey for many years to come. The strong leadership of the union will help build trust, which can only happen over time. It's time to turn the page and look forward as quickly as possible. In collective bargaining, not everyone gets what they want. No schedule will be released until the CBA has been ratified by players(Saturday)."

Source? I'm glad to see he's finally apologized.

The Dallas Stars (players and management) are currently making the media rounds trying to get attention and mend broken hearts.
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
    any word on the center ice package?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/6/384310 ... ant-happen
    81 wrote:

i never really thought it would be free.....but it would be nice to see teh pricing for the season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i never really thought it would be free.....but it would be nice to see teh pricing for the season.
    I agree. A large price slash would go a long way.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    So, no free Center Ice package, but if you're in the Tampa Bay area, this is awesome!

I remember when they made the playoffs in 2003, they had $2 seats during the regular season, and they kept them that way in playoffs.

They did the same thing for their cup run the next year.

This is a team that knows how to treat its fans.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • So the schedule will be announced tomorrow, huh?

I may have to go to a Blackhawks game this year.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dankind wrote:
    So, no free Center Ice package, but if you're in the Tampa Bay area, this is awesome!

I remember when they made the playoffs in 2003, they had $2 seats during the regular season, and they kept them that way in playoffs.

They did the same thing for their cup run the next year.

This is a team that knows how to treat its fans.

that is pretty awesome ... it'll be a cold day in hell before mlse ever does anything like that ... knowing them - they would offer a $200 season tickets package ... but the fine print would be only 2 available ... separated and it'll cost $25,000 to apply ...
    A2s3fuECMAAsxnC.jpg

:fp:

Next!"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    drivingrl wrote:
    A2s3fuECMAAsxnC.jpg

:lol:

why would Center Ice package be free ? -
    the NHL doesnt own it- its the various cable companies .
    :?:
    Theyre just as greedy as the owners.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    its an alternate company that has rights to Center Ice. The NHL doesnt have control of the year to year price.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    drivingrl wrote:
    A2s3fuECMAAsxnC.jpg

:lol: They're doing a good job of mission success.
    My butt itches!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    Anyword on when schedule is going to be released?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    Anyword on when schedule is going to be released?
    Sometime today, right?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I wonder how Davis Drewiske is doing...

Was a defenseman for the Kings last time I heard... he went to my high school. Got to see him play when I was pretty young. Saw him break his neck too. :fp:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Yup, played in 9 games for the Kings last season. That defense was/is (?) pretty stacked
  • The lawyers are having issues with finishing the full CBA. That's why they haven't announced the schedule.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16