2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Looks like the Niagara Icedogs have 3 players selected to team Canada: Strome (NYI), Ritchie (DAL), and Hamilton (BOS)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    417554_4429485742426_858117156_n.jpg
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Ever since the horrible shooting in Connecticut, I haven't really been paying attention to NHL news. But it seems from what's on Twitter that they've found something else to disagree on?

Can we just call this season dead already?
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,539
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012 ... e-bowling/

Babcock on lockout: “We could end up like bowling”
    www.myspace.com
    basically, the players are having a 5 day vote, to give their executive board the go ahead to vote on claiming disinterest. Which in essense is a quicker and less binding way of dissolving the union.

The NHL side files a pre-emptive suit that says the players are still a union and acting as a union. So any acts of dissolving the Union are nothing but a negotiating tactic between the Union and NHL, thus making the lockout legal. They used numerous documented statements by players throwing decertification out there as a threat long ago.

Everything I read seems to say that the NHL will absolutely have the right-of way, but if it goes to the Courts, goodbye season.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    basically, the players are having a 5 day vote, to give their executive board the go ahead to vote on claiming disinterest. Which in essense is a quicker and less binding way of dissolving the union.

The NHL side files a pre-emptive suit that says the players are still a union and acting as a union. So any acts of dissolving the Union are nothing but a negotiating tactic between the Union and NHL, thus making the lockout legal. They used numerous documented statements by players throwing decertification out there as a threat long ago.

Everything I read seems to say that the NHL will absolutely have the right-of way, but if it goes to the Courts, goodbye season.

All this nonsense. From what I have read, seems like Fehr just wants to wait for a drop dead date and then they will get a deal done. What a fucking joke.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    everyone knows there's a deal out there ... it's a 9 year term with mutual opt out at 7 and 6 year max on contract length with 2 for own player ...

it's the owners who aren't budging ... the ball has been in the owners court all along and it'll ultimately be them who decides if they want to cancel a season or not ... they thought they could break this union ... they can't ... say what you will about fehr but he will absolutely get them the best deal possible ... right now we have a handful of owners holding it all up ...
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    another bullshit post from NBC sports today on facebook.

There will be a season, blah blah blah.

how many times have we heard this since october?
    I wish i had a nickel for everytime.

starting to look bleaker and bleaker for hockey this season,........
    maybe there will be next season.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    another bullshit post from NBC sports today on facebook.

There will be a season, blah blah blah.

how many times have we heard this since october?
    I wish i had a nickel for everytime.

starting to look bleaker and bleaker for hockey this season,........
    maybe there will be next season.

It's almost at the rate it's going this may go into next season.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I don't care who concedes as long as Bryzgolav's contract gets voided.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    meanwhile,

NHL announces cancellation of 2012-13 regular-season schedule through January 14th.
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    meanwhile,

NHL announces cancellation of 2012-13 regular-season schedule through January 14th.

from the comments left on ESPN.com's article...

call the NHL offices in NYC and leave them a nice holiday message :)

(212) 789-2000
    I think it's safe to assume they're not coming back.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Do you guys really still care? I was one was most likely playing "hard ass" saying "I'm done with them", in the beginning. But now, I'm really done with this league. Fuck'em. You want me back, get rid of the leadership. I'm happy going to AHL games.

We need some rich dude to just start a new league. Just put Hershey in the top league. I'd be willing to bet there's more fans there than most of these Southern cities.

What's the over/under on canceling games thru 1/31? I say Jan 3.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • The NHL must really hate its fans.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    yeah just cancel the season already :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    rival. wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    meanwhile,

from the comments left on ESPN.com's article...

call the NHL offices in NYC and leave them a nice holiday message :)

(212) 789-2000

excellent.
    i'll call it tomorrow before the end of the world.
    :lol:
    platessmall.jpg
    Do you guys really still care? I was one was most likely playing "hard ass" saying "I'm done with them", in the beginning. But now, I'm really done with this league. Fuck'em. You want me back, get rid of the leadership. I'm happy going to AHL games.

We need some rich dude to just start a new league. Just put Hershey in the top league. I'd be willing to bet there's more fans there than most of these Southern cities.

Supporting AHL is in a lot of ways supporting the NHL.

I still "care", as I still post here daily and follow the news. Cancelling the season will be a relief to me though. I really am not too excited over a 48 game season on the heels of this.

I also dont care about "league growth", etc. I dont have any personal stock in the NHL. The league is best served as a niche sport anyways and can be knocked down a few pegs. More $ ruins sports.

Im not sure if this is it. Cancelling until 1/31 seems silly as there would be like 90 days tops to get 48 games in. And that pushes the Cup Finals into July. Just cancel it. Its silly
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 wrote:

I still "care", as I still post here daily and follow the news. Cancelling the season will be a relief to me though. I really am not too excited over a 48 game season on the heels of this.

I also dont care about "league growth", etc. I dont have any personal stock in the NHL. The league is best served as a niche sport anyways and can be knocked down a few pegs. More $ ruins sports.

Im not sure if this is it. Cancelling until 1/31 seems silly as there would be like 90 days tops to get 48 games in. And that pushes the Cup Finals into July. Just cancel it. Its silly

ya ... what you say ...

money definitely ruins a lot of things ... the biggest thing i wish that came out of this was indeed a real and impactful blowback from the fans and sponsors ... like to the point where these assholes go ... shit - they really didn't come back ... what the cuss did we do? ... that would be awesome ...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    MayDay10 wrote:

Don't mind my mindless rant. Was just pissed yesterday after the further cancelling of games. The cancel thru 1/31 part was a joke though as I think these guys are just too dumb to realize how deep they've dug the hole. "Ahh, cancel a few more, we'll get it in".
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Can someone please translate this into terms I can understand?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/12/21/sp-nhl-lockout-players-vote-in-favour-disclaimer-of-interest.html

Does this mean we're fucked as fans? Is that what this means?

Next!"
    drivingrl wrote:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/12/21/sp-nhl-lockout-players-vote-in-favour-disclaimer-of-interest.html

It means the season isn't going to happen.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's been over. Start looking forward to Spring training or the Super Bowl if you're an NFL fan.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    drivingrl wrote:

Basically, by disclaiming interest, it is a quicker and less binding way for the players to "dissolve" the Union so they are essentially individuals and can individually sue the NHL and owners for colluding and trying to set rules for a CBA. Without a Union, there cant be Collective Bargaining. Each player is essentially a mercenary.

However, the NHL filed suit last week ahead of time. They cited numerous public comments, tweets, and "threats" players have made over the past months referring to de-certifying the union. They are claiming that it is just a threat/negotiation tactic, which they cannot technically do. The Union being united in de-unionizing isnt the way it is supposed to happen. So the NHL is banking on the court to declare the lockout "Legal", thus forcing the Union to negotiate with the NHLPA and shutting the de-certification door. They filed a ton of information and it appears they have done their homework.

If it gets to court, there will not be a season. No doubt. I believe there are about 2 1/2 weeks left.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 29543/1109

Buffalo Sabres fans are angry about the NHL lockout. No surprise there. And their feelings extend to both sides. But while several who talked to The Buffalo News in phone interviews or comments via email and Twitter say they might cut down on their ancillary spending on things like concessions and merchandise, most aren’t making the ultimate rollback.

Almost no one is canceling their season tickets.

The lockout may be testing their faith in their sport, but it’s not changing the fans’ belief in their team.

The Sabres have 15,400 season ticket-holders and more than 3,000 others on a waiting list for tickets known as the Blue & Gold Club. Even though the lockout has stretched past 100 days and wiped out more than half of the 2012-13 season, the team reports just 15 accounts have canceled – accounting for fewer than 50 tickets.
    On top of that, only about 20 percent have opted for refunds on the canceled games. The rest have kept their money with the team, earning 4 percent interest that will be refunded on credits for future tickets, merchandise or concessions.

Several other top hockey markets have similar circumstances with most Canadian teams having few longtime fans turning away.

The Pittsburgh Penguins last week reported just 45 accounts canceled, while the Philadelphia Flyers say their cancellation rate on season seats is less than 200.
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Fucking killing me. Killing me. Virtually all winter NCAA sports take a "finals/winter" break from early December until just after Christmas (roughly). Usually, its the NHL and NBA that fills that gap until college basketball and hockey start up again. Half that is gone. Expectations were high for the Wild this year, with the Suter/Parise signings...and here we are.

Fuck.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg