2024-2025 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    1 week
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lockout is officially over
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
  • Lockout over and I don't care. I'm a Canadian, hockey fan, former player and I am no longer a fan.
    I'm on fanstrike and I plan to be for a long time.
    It's too bad as my mighty Oilers may do something.

Thanks Bettman you Ratfuck Piece of shit.

Thanks Fehr you motherfucker and thanks you greedy fucking players you all make me sick!!

The only hung I'm the least bit interested is what bullshit paint job ol' Gary paints on the ice.
    It should say Bettman has raisin balls #sheikie
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    Lockout over and I don't care. I'm a Canadian, hockey fan, former player and I am no longer a fan.

Thanks Fehr you motherfucker and thanks you greedy fucking players you all make me sick!!

The only hung I'm the least bit interested is what bullshit paint job ol' Gary paints on the ice.

and how do you really feel about the upcoming season? :corn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Lockout over and I don't care. I'm a Canadian, hockey fan, former player and I am no longer a fan.

and how do you really feel about the upcoming season? :corn:

As far as the season goes I for see a lot of injuries, I see a lot of deals getting done early, a lot of trades. I also see another influx of young players from the AHL who have been playing all year, The greedy prick owners need the playoff money more then ever his year.
    As far as the fans go they will get nothing other then some free practices to watch and sales on concessions. The fans lost out again big time.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    I'm sure it's been said here. The die hards. Most will come back. It's the casual fans who they're going to lose. Especially after a big market wins. After that HBO 24/7 with the Rangers. Now they lost them again
    I miss igotid88
  • I also see the spread between the rich teams and the poor teams getting bigger. They needed to lose at least 6 teams, or move them to Canadian markets.
    Phoenix what a joke.
    Nashville, really?
    Florida and Tampa bay, do you ever make a dollar?
    Columbus, Midwest I know but come on
    I'm a traditionalist but the islanders on Long Island, move to Brooklyn already.
    Dallas, ??? Still don't get it
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448

We have a lot of natives here, like me, who grew up watching the Stars, so we're diehards. We also have a lot of transplants from northern cities come here for the (better-ish) economy, so they need hockey to watch, too.

In other words, shut up about Dallas having a hockey team. Deal with it. ;)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    drivingrl wrote:

We have a lot of natives here, like me, who grew up watching the Stars, so we're diehards. We also have a lot of transplants from northern cities come here for the (better-ish) economy, so they need hockey to watch, too.

:wave:
    showing my age here but i vaguely remember The (North)Stars being from Minnesota.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    drivingrl wrote:

:wave:
    showing my age here but i vaguely remember The (North)Stars being from Minnesota.

:)

Yup, Brian Bellows and Neil Broten Basil McRae and Mark Tinordi. I miss them
    Oh and for the diehard Dallas fan, 2 words for you
    NO GOAL!!
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Yup, Brian Bellows and Neil Broten Basil McRae and Mark Tinordi. I miss them
    Oh and for the diehard Dallas fan, 2 words for you
    NO GOAL!!

Haha! It was a good goal, not in the crease. Stars win!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    He was definitely in the crease, and that (bullshit rule) was called all season and it was stupid and a pain in the ass.

In Bob Swados' book (original Sabres board/owner) said that the NHL officials were pretty obvious in their hopes Dallas would win the series. After Game 1, when Dallas had 10 powerplays to the Sabres 1 or 2, Buffalo won in overtime. Swados said that the league officials were stark, cold and didnt offer any congratulatory messages, etc.

With that said. It counted, it is a goal. Im well over it. That was Game 6. Buffalo was the better team that game, but they ran out of gas late in the 2nd OT, and in the 3rd OT. It was probably a matter of time until Dallas scored most likely. Even if the Sabres won, they would have to win Game 7 in Dallas.

I remember the North Stars fondly. Great uniforms. One game vs Buffalo, both teams combined for 6 hours in penalty minutes.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I have a north stars cap that I wear at the gym
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm sure it's been said here. The die hards. Most will come back. It's the casual fans who they're going to lose. Especially after a big market wins. After that HBO 24/7 with the Rangers. Now they lost them again

Nope I've been watching watching the NHL for 30 years and for the first time I could give a rats ass about this season and the next few. These fuckwads were fighting over how to divide my money I give them amongst eahc other. Now the league expects me to run back with money eagerlly. Why should I reward the greed that has brought down this league? It's annoying that they just want to act like nothing happened.

Buffalo wants to give fan 50% off merch for a couple of weeks. Whipppppeee fucking dooooooo that'll make me forget the bickering. Get real NHL you fucked yourself because you can't accept the fact that your league is not as popular as the NFL, MLB, NBA and even NCAA. Go fuck yourself and i hope you all contract herpes.
    My butt itches!
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I thought I would be excited but I only have a feeling of melancholy. This could have been fixed 6 months ago
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rumors of center ice price are starting to show

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/14/3 ... 013-season
    Based on some sleuthing done by both myself and our SB Nation pals at Pension Plan Puppets, we've all found out that NHL Center Ice will be $50 on cable, $60 on satellite, and GameCenter Live will also be $50. Based on this being, essentially, a little more than half of a season (Center Ice was $172 last year, GameCenter about $160),

for those playing at home, the prorated price would have been $100 = $172/82*48

looks like roughly 21 of the flyers 48 games are on national tv. :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    81 wrote:

Based on some sleuthing done by both myself and our SB Nation pals at Pension Plan Puppets, we've all found out that NHL Center Ice will be $50 on cable, $60 on satellite, and GameCenter Live will also be $50. Based on this being, essentially, a little more than half of a season (Center Ice was $172 last year, GameCenter about $160),

Is GameCenter through NHL.com ? Did anyone subscribe to this last NHL season. I don't have cable/satellite anymore and like mlb.com, was going to look into seeing if NHL had anything similar
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    The Sabres have nearly sold out the season already and they are having an open practice/scrimmage tonight at the arena and its packed.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Sabres have nearly sold out the season already and they are having an open practice/scrimmage tonight at the arena and its packed.

That's great and all. But honestly there is nothing else to in Buffalo this time of year. So might as well go see the Sabres.
    My butt itches!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    smarchee wrote:
    81 wrote:

Is GameCenter through NHL.com ? Did anyone subscribe to this last NHL season. I don't have cable/satellite anymore and like mlb.com, was going to look into seeing if NHL had anything similar

i believe that is correct.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    We won't know the Center Ice price until right before the season starts on Saturday. I hope it is $50 bucks.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I'm on record as saying in this thread, "F this season" etc...

I know damn well I'll be watching NBC this weekend. I could kick myself for being such a sucker. If that kid of mine didn't become such a hockey nut in the past 10 months I'd be stronger, but I can't crap on him.

As soon as Giroux slam Crosby in the boards Saturday, I'll be ready to go.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

I know damn well I'll be watching NBC (CBC) this weekend. I could kick myself for being such a sucker.
    Me too :oops:

Well, for a little while anyway, as if the lockout doesn't make me change the channel the fact that my team is awful will :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Rygar wrote:

I know damn well I'll be watching NBC (CBC) this weekend. I could kick myself for being such a sucker.
    Me too :oops:

Well, for a little while anyway, as if the lockout doesn't make me change the channel the fact that my team is awful will :lol:

i think the overriding consensus here was that we wouldn't necessarily boycott the game ... just expenditures that go directly to the NHL or its players ... so, here's a primer of what is or isn't acceptable ... :P

What Is
    * Watching games at home or friends place
    * Watching at sports bars - also, supporting sports bars
    * Going to games with freebies (corporate tickets) but no buying concessions or merch

What Isn't
    * Buying tickets
    * Buying concessions
    * Buying merchandise

:lol::lol: ...
    I just ordered a Gomez jersey, think I broke the rules!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Rygar wrote:

:lol::lol:

where the cuss is he gonna play? ... who's gonna pick this guy up?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Rygar wrote:
    I just ordered a Gomez jersey

:wtf:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Rygar wrote:

Sucker

;):lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    polaris_x wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

:lol::lol:

where the cuss is he gonna play? ... who's gonna pick this guy up?
    Someone will sign him cheap, western conference.