Options

**** Pearl Jam Twenty Fanviews Here ****

Comments

• Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    love the movie... but I think the last 10 years went to freaking fast (in the movie and in real life ;) )... I wanted more footage and like a 20 yrs long movie... thanks pearl jam for keep spoiling us!!! :thumbup:
    looking forward for the extra footage on BluRay and DVD... and definitely Stone is amazing... the Grammy scene is incredible :lol: !!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    The movie is great!

The book is great!

The soundtrack is great!
  • Options
    Here's alittle clip of the guys taken at the premiere at TIFF. I got a great zoom on Eddies face when Cameron forgets about Mike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RZXD0DQiz4

This is not PJ but it's kinda cute. I was waiting to see Viggo Mortensen at TIFF. He came over to me and I didn't have a picture of him to sign so I pulled out a PJ picture and he was about to sign it when he looked at it he said "That's not me" and then he walked away. I started my camera rolling and yelled out to him "It's Pearl Jam" and he walked back to me and signed the PJ photo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxk6HOw7fqY
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    Get the bootlegs out already!!
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    flakeyflakey Posts: 2
    Great movie.. Loved it.

Pearl Jam Happy 20th!

Cant get a Betterband!
    it is better to burn out.. than fade away.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Just watched an encore screening in Liverpool. Left speechless, such a great film. Great clips of the band, some really cool stuff. Can't wait to watch it again on dvd!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    I was stuck in a village in rural Portugal on the 20th Sept and thought I missed the big screen PJTwenty. Could not believe it when my local cinema here in Galway, Ireland did a "10/10/11 Encore Performance" . Really super and laughed so much at Ed's two bottles of wine influenced show at the Singles bash. And to all those fans that appeared in some way in the movie...you are soooo lucky. Just imagine sitting there and you see yourself.
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    I completely missed the film due to finances, and had been saving to get the limited blu-ray which is now sold out. Hoping I don't have to go the ebay route.
  • Options
    CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    Saw in Scranton last night for a 96.1 radio contest. Movie was incredible. You really get to know all of the members and a good portion of the film focuses on the early days. Concert footage and rare behind the scenees footage is amazing. Eddie is hialrious and Stone welll -Stone i :lol: s Stone.

Release, Porch (Pink Pop) , and better man totally gave me goosebumps. I almost threw my hands up during the choir part of evolution. An excellent testimonial to the 1st 20 years and a film I look forward to sharing with my wife, kids, and folks to give them a better understanding why this band is so important to me.

Excellent film- well done!
    Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28, 1996
    Blockbuster Music Center - Aug 28, 1998, E-Centre - Sep 02, 2000
    First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003
    Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003, Borgata - Sept 30, 2005
    Tweeter Center May 27 & May 28, 2006
    Continental Arena - Jun 03, 2006
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008,MSG - Jun 24 & 25, 2008
    Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 MSG - May 20 & 21 2010
    PJ 20!!! Alpine Valley 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 Ticket Lotto Winner -rw9!-
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Wow, I watched the movie in Budapest, Hungary and it was just pure awesomeness. Seeing me with my flag at the front row at the very last Belfast scene was just the cherry on cake... :D !

Anybody else missed some reflexions from Brendan O' Brien?
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    "its a true story.something that i really felt..and i still feel every time i sing it"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEa6mUyJYok
    The best song in the history of music.at the best version ever..unbeatable...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Thanks Dimi! I hadn't watched that one if quite a while. Great for a Friday afternoon at work!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    "its a true story.something that i really felt..and i still feel every time i sing it"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEa6mUyJYok
    The best song in the history of music.at the best version ever..unbeatable...

I have watched this thousands of times and every single time i get chills. simply perfect.
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    Watched an encore screening two days ago and enjoyed it more second time around!

What a movie, what a band!

I loved all the versions of the songs in the movie and can't wait to get my soundtrack-especially Thumbing my way and Footsteps and Blood! :D
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    i went the night of the 20th...cool little theatre in winston-salem, nc. 10:30 showtime..they sold beer...awesome...the beginning was so frickin funny..that smile...i was alittle disappointed with some of the omissions, but it was a 2 hour movie...cant wait for the dvd...i had a gut feeling about that on monday..lucky i am...anyway, still a great movie.my opinion is of course biased, but what can you do? i was jaded for a long time towards avacado because it was being called a comeback record & binaural/riot act are my 2 favorite records...i love avacado 2, but those are pearl jams most overlooked records...all the outtakes that came out of those ...gremmie.net & gremmie.net/basement have a video from 95 to check out...best music spot out there....back 2 the movie..i laughed i cried, i felt proud to be a pearl jam fan...hail,hail pj now the king of all media...move over howard stern!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    KF4269KF4269 Posts: 1
    Amazing movie. I was at Markthalle, Hamburg 1992 March 10.
    My 20 years flashed before my eyes.

Anyway, I and my friends made BENTO(lunchbox) of Backspacer to celebrate the screening of PJ20.
    Please Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yo3SV9086A&feature=player_embedded
    1992: Mar08 Cologne, 10 Hamburg, 12 Frankfurt
    1995: Feb18 Sendai, 20 Tokyo, 21 Osaka, Jun24 San Francisco
    1996: Oct26 Dublin, 28&29 London
    1998: Sep11 New York, 13 Hartford, 15&16 Mansfield
    2000: Jun20 Verona, 22 Milan, Nov02 Portland, 05&06 Seattle
    2002: Dec08&09 Seattle
    2003: Feb28 Sendai, Mar01 Yokohama, 03 Tokyo, 04 Osaka, 06 Nagoya
    2006: Dec02 Honolulu
    2011: Sep03&04 Alpine Valley
  • Options
    JC38557JC38557 Posts: 33
    Just watched it On Demand, I was horrendously late in getting to see it but it was worth the wait. Just an amazing movie, easily rewatchable many times b/c the music is, of course, so killer. Just an amazing band and an amazing movie, thank you Pearl Jam and Cameron Crowe.

I was at so many of the concerts they showed in the movie,(Lolla, Bushleaguer, Vegas 10th anniv, May 21st Betterman) it feels like an honor to be a fan of this band.

Good job Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    IM WATCHING IT FOR THE SECOND TIME TONIGHT!!!!!!! THE SUN IS ABOUT TO COME UP HERE IN TRAMPA, FL..... WHAT ARE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU DOING?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.....
  • Options
    i dont get it!!! where the FFFFFFFFFFFF are my posts???
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.....
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Got the Bluray from Amazon yesterday and watched it last night. What a great film! Thanks to everyone who made it happen!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    Love it.... have watched it 5 times already

Love the History of the GREATEST band.. It makes you want more...

hopefully the Deluxe version is instock real soon :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    MR37543MR37543 Posts: 46
    Saw it twice in the theatre and TIVO-ing tonight on PBS. The Andy Wood portion was so touching...no words really. The live perfromances were breathtaking, my favorite was "Betterman" at MSG...we really are beautiful when we come together! The first time I watched it, I kept scanning the crowd to see if I could catch a glimpse of myself and my friends in the crowd....hahaha, no such luck but it did make me appreciate the Ten Club even more. xoxox
    "I know that I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine."
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    oh my god
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I love this band. Seriously.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    kirakira Posts: 20
    release. oh my god.
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I thought the movie was great. I understand why people say that it kind of glossed over the last 10 years, but for me the last 10 years have been documented much better than the early days. Cameron Crowe would have had to make it a 2-disc set to cover everything about the past 20 years. The mystery for me was always the beginning. As much of the backstory as we knew before, there was still a lot of new information about that early era in the film and seeing video footage from that time and hearing the band describe it on camera really shed some light on a lot of things. I never knew that Ed and Jeff roomed together on the road in the early days and never really grasped how close Ed felt to Jeff until I saw his eyes well up describing it. Seeing them with a boombox learning "Crown of Thorns" in Vegas before the show was cool. I wonder if any of them were thinking, "Shit, Ed, couldn't you have given us a little more notice about this instead of waiting until the day of the show?" :D

There was so much cool stuff in the movie that I couldn't possibly write it all down. I'm just glad to have had the chance to see them live and enjoy the music and every feeling and memory the songs stir up and hope to see and hear them again soon.
  • Options
    RebekahRebekah Cape Cod, MA Posts: 44
    Just love how no matter what show you are at, it is UNIQUE. You can watch footage of a song and KNOW, without a doubt - 'Oh, yeah, I was there.' or, 'Nope, not my show...but damn...what a show!'. This documentary brought me to tears with memories. I was moved, just like I am at EVERY show I see. Thank you, Cameron Crowe for doing our band - cuz that is what I consider them, OURS- justice. Amazing, thank you. Gods I LOVE this band. Thank you, Pearl Jam for an amazing twenty - SO FAR!!
    Caught a bolt of lightening...cursed the day he let it go....
  • Options
    Thank you Mr. Cameron Crowe for putting such a fine piece of art together...and thank you to the gentlemen in the band for making it all happen! Thank you to the families of the band that helped to mold them and move them toward what they did become, in all it's good and bad.

And thank you, too, Mr. Andrew Wood, for, this is true, without whom both in life and in death, these stars would not have aligned. There are many, I suppose, to be thanked and if it could be, I would thank each individually... thanked because of how my life has been so enhanced by just a few chords of music and some silly little songs! It shall never cease to amaze me, thank you! thank you!! THANK YOU!!
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I love the movie. Brought back many memories, especially when Stone and Jeff testified before Congress and Congress treated them like children (pissed me off at the time and pissed me off again watching the movie). I'm glad PJ took on the "man" and I hope they continue doing that for the entirety of their career. More artists need to be like them.

On a down side, I was hoping there would be a clip of "I've Got a Feeling." I love their early performances of that, especially when Ed sings, "Everybody misses Andy. We'll be seeing him in no time....." I was also wishing for more on Jack Irons and the No Code era. My favorite drummer and my favorite album.....hope it's in the extras included with the Ten Club package.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.