Options

PJ 20 Blu Ray ---YIKES

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Ten Club exclusive Blu-Ray is sold out. The people have voted with their wallets. Now I wished I woulda bought one...oh, well. The out of stock prompted me to but the limited edition DVD. Gonna have some splainin' to do when that shows up on the credit card ;) :ugeek:
  • Options
    fuuuuuuuuck. this is fuuuuuucked.

:evil:
  • Options
    and wait for the million threads bitching about how it isn't fair......
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,346
    Just purchase the movies from itunes, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. ..... and save some money. Better yet, wait for the reviews to pour in on the message boards before spending your money. To each their own.

I'm hopeful that disc 2 is great. Based on what I've read and others have speculated, I'm not too interested in disc 3.

I haven't even seen the movie yet. The book was a great, easy, informative read.
  • Options
    How long til these show up on ebay..glad i ordered one.
  • Options
    JForte20 wrote:

If people start paying hundreds of dollars for a three disk set, thats just sad. I couldn't justify spending the $70 in the first place. Way too expensive for me.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,346
    This is odd:

Amazon.ca has the PJ20 blu-ray for $14 meanwhile the Amazon.com has the apparently same blu-ray for $26.99 ..... things that make you go hhhhhmmmmmm ?
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    Notice how since all of this bitching lately there has been no PJ radio All Encompassing Trip??? :lol: :?
  • Options
    I'm hoping these will become available again. Despite how overpriced they are, there was a good chance I would have ordered one after hearing the reviews of them. If they are gone for good, I can't understand why they would make such a limited quantity of it. I mean it's not like it's white coloured or anything. It's just a regular DVD/Blu Ray disc.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    JForte20 wrote:

If people start paying hundreds of dollars for a three disk set, thats just sad. I couldn't justify spending the $70 in the first place. Way too expensive for me.

It will happen. Bet on it.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    i don't see why people are so worked up over this...these will more than likely be on torrent sites within days of being released.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    So the PJ20 Bluray is $27 on amazon. $27 x 3 = $81. So I guess this makes me feel better?
  • Options
    tmantman Posts: 158
    tman wrote:
    So now imagine the uproar the day they stop selling these and they go to out of stock. Since this is a pre-order item you can guess they will press however many are ordered plus a few extra but no more beyond that. Add to that its a 10 Club only release so that I would think that my friends means someday the same people complaining about the price etc will be the ones wishing they had gone for it earlier. Just my two cents!

I feel so prophetic right now! I love how on the other thread they are already complaining about this being limited, probably the same ones who complained about the pricing. One of the comments is chastising the 10C for issuing limited goods, really come on people everything has a limit and this one was available to purchase for weeks. So for those who did not buy it already you have no reason to whine now!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    tman wrote:
    tman wrote:
    So now imagine the uproar the day they stop selling these and they go to out of stock. Since this is a pre-order item you can guess they will press however many are ordered plus a few extra but no more beyond that. Add to that its a 10 Club only release so that I would think that my friends means someday the same people complaining about the price etc will be the ones wishing they had gone for it earlier. Just my two cents!

I feel so prophetic right now! I love how on the other thread they are already complaining about this being limited, probably the same ones who complained about the pricing. One of the comments is chastising the 10C for issuing limited goods, really come on people everything has a limit and this one was available to purchase for weeks. So for those who did not buy it already you have no reason to whine now!

Some people can't afford to buy it right away...one guy said he had been saving and was planning on purchasing it this week. It doesn't make sense for a blu ray to sell out before it's officially released.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    Better Dan wrote:
    It doesn't make sense for a blu ray to sell out before it's officially released.

It sure doesn't. My condolences to anyone who has been saving for this set. If this thing really is limited edition it again won't help anyone but the flippers. My theory is that there will be some serious freebies thrown in to justify the price and silence the critics, ala autographs or the like. If so that could be why these are sold out before ever being released. The hand can only sign so many times.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    People stop bitching

just give in and give Pearl Jam your money

You're gonna do it anyway

Don't like the price don't buy it, there are ways to get it anyway
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    It doesn't make sense for a blu ray to sell out before it's officially released.

It sure doesn't. My condolences to anyone who has been saving for this set. If this thing really is limited edition it again won't help anyone but the flippers. My theory is that there will be some serious freebies thrown in to justify the price and silence the critics, ala autographs or the like. If so that could be why these are sold out before ever being released. The hand can only sign so many times.

If these turn out to arrive with extras/be signed, I'll be even more disappointed. I didn't pre-order until I got the full details of the discs. When I found them out, I decided I actually would get it and pre-order later this week. Now it's gone. It's partly my fault for not getting it earlier but the funds just weren't there at the time. I have no idea why there isn't more being produced. Demand is there despite the incredibly high pricetag so could it kill them to produce another 1,000 or so copies? I mean it's something that will always be of interest to fans in years to come (i.e. new fans who join the club). And it's not like it's just a different colour of an already existing product. It's something entirely unique that we can't get elsewhere (on a physical platform anyway). To be honest, this club has been disappointment after disappointment this year.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I sure hope the DVD doesn't "sell out" before release... I was waiting till next payday to buy it since I use my debit card on 10C and just bought the backpack and white backspacer in the past few weeks... I know American Express charges higher merchant fees, but PLEASE consider accepting it in the future!! Seems like you guys are doing alright, financially speaking... ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    To be honest, this club has been disappointment after disappointment this year.

Really? They could easily have not produced any of the limited items if they didn't want to. I'd say they're doing far more than they need to.
  • Options

Really? They could easily have not produced any of the limited items if they didn't want to. I'd say they're doing far more than they need to.

Yeah if they didn't want to make any money. what's limited edition about this blu-ray exactly? A disk of fans gushing over the band that I care nothing about? To me the limited edition part is the directors cut of the film and anyone can get it for $17.99 on itunes. So in essence I am paying $30 for a disk of fans talking? hahahahahahaha.

Most new releases cost $25(theatrical release) + $18(itunes extended cut)

How can they justify that this waste of a disk cost $30 which equals $5 more than the worth of the actual film on blu-ray. I think it's a joke and I bought it.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Just because it's out of stock doesn't mean there won't be any more. The book was out of stock for a time during the pre-order stage, then there were more. Same thing with the Soundtrack, yet a few days later they were back in stock, I know because I bought one after they "sold out". Maybe they're doing the same thing with the Blu-Ray. I don't know for sure, but the people who were trying to get your scratch together, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 856
    I wouldnt be suprised if there are more up very soon. Usually they put SOLD OUT if they are all gone.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    Just because it's out of stock doesn't mean there won't be any more. The book was out of stock for a time during the pre-order stage, then there were more. Same thing with the Soundtrack, yet a few days later they were back in stock, I know because I bought one after they "sold out". Maybe they're doing the same thing with the Blu-Ray. I don't know for sure, but the people who were trying to get your scratch together, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Actually it does according to the 10 Club response to one of the members.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

yup... notice the same thing with the book and soundtrack, is a presale, now they now they can sell more... hopefully works that way...
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options

But why are they so limited? Why aren't more made? I don't want to sound like a whiner but we're not talking about a coloured edition of an album we all probably own. This is something that has been produced once, won't be again (seemingly) and contains unique footage. It's similar to the backpacks (which, as a side note, I didn't want but I can see people's frustrations with it). Something is put up for sale, huge demand, sells out and then it's gone and a bunch of people are flipping them for huge amounts on the bay. I don't know how many members are currently in the club but you would think enough would be made to cover everyone. For example, last year, Metallica put its Fan Can up for sale on a lottery basis (as they always do). It ended up that there was enough made to cover everyone in the club who wanted one and then some. Heck, I don't even think it should be a club exclusive (to give us more options as a consumer) but that's another matter.

Thanks for giving me some hope! :D I'm not going to be too broken up if they are gone for good since it's not exactly a budget item but if they do show up again I would go for it.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

The response I read that somebody posted said something like "Unless we hear differently today", I'm not really sure what that means, who they're waiting to "hear" from or what, but that does leave the door open. To be honest I think it's probably a marketing tactic, especially after what happened with the book and soundtrack. I mean, all the people who have been sitting on the fence would rush like hell to buy it once it's back in stock, now that the possibility of NEVER getting one is out there. So far it was Limited in name only, now it's been demonstrated that there are actually a limited number. That's assumption of course, and maybe not true at all, but after the book and soundtrack sold out, yet now they're in stock, I have a hard time believing they're all gone. At least I hope not for these people that were saving up their money for it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options

The response I read that somebody posted said something like "Unless we hear differently today", I'm not really sure what that means, who they're waiting to "hear" from or what, but that does leave the door open. To be honest I think it's probably a marketing tactic, especially after what happened with the book and soundtrack. I mean, all the people who have been sitting on the fence would rush like hell to buy it once it's back in stock, now that the possibility of NEVER getting one is out there. So far it was Limited in name only, now it's been demonstrated that there are actually a limited number. That's assumption of course, and maybe not true at all, but after the book and soundtrack sold out, yet now they're in stock, I have a hard time believing they're all gone. At least I hope not for these people that were saving up their money for it.

got one on my cart 5 mins ago... but when I entered CC info , said no inventory... anyway saw the buy button... keeping hope...
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    Thing is, if they're going to put more in the goods, why doesn't Kat or Sea slip a note in one of these threads saying not to worry more on the way? Or even right on the goods page for that matter...I don't know I guess they just do things randomly.
  • Options
    just got this... from 10c

Bluray is sold out.
    10c
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    just got this... from 10c

Bluray is sold out.
    10c

Well YIKES for those who wanted it and missed it then I guess.