Options

PJ 20 Blu Ray ---YIKES

inmytree77inmytree77 Posts: 58
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Seriously???? $70!!!!!

Anyone willing to send me some donantions so I can buy this and feed my kids??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    That 3 $20 Blu-Rays in Once special edition package. Not overly insane
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    It is when you look at other collections.

The Star Wars movies were just released on Blu-ray: 9 Disc set for 79.99...
  • Options
    very good price. people will always complain.. would have a million complaints if there wasn't any bonus footage let alone we get 2 extra disks

thanks!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    It is when you look at other collections.

The Star Wars movies were just released on Blu-ray: 9 Disc set for 79.99...

Yeah but that will sell quite a bit more copies then this will. They have a ton more room for profit.
  • Options
    very good price. people will always complain.. would have a million complaints if there wasn't any bonus footage let alone we get 2 extra disks

thanks!
    I gladly paid it, but would you really say "very good price"??
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

thanks!

Exactly. I'll pay for it, but that price is ridiculous.
  • Options

thanks!

fair i should say.. most people dont blink an eye at dropping $75 or so for a 3 hour concert.. this $75 will last forever

they could have charged $125 and 75% of the people will still have bought it that bought it for $75
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options

thanks!

they could have charged $125 and 75% of the people will still have bought it that bought it for $75
    Count me in that 75% :D
  • Options

thanks!

this $75 will last forever
    Love your attitude, btw!! :D
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    I was going to buy this through 10C because of Tim's promise of extras but not for $70. Extras be damned, Amazon here I come!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    this $75 will last forever[/quote]
    Love your attitude, btw!! :D[/quote][/quote]
    Couldn't agree more. It would have cost almost half that for just a single disk blu ray from the 10c, so for the price i just paid im happy. So glad PJ is finally in the blu ray market :D
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    I was going to buy this through 10C because of Tim's promise of extras but not for $70. Extras be damned, Amazon here I come!

According to the post, the deluxe blu and dvd are ten club exclusives. Guess that could change, but that's what it says.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    CB1964 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

According to the post, the deluxe blu and dvd are ten club exclusives. Guess that could change, but that's what it says.

I have no real interest in that deluxe version based on the description. A regular version will be just fine for me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited September 2011
    That price is fucking obscene!! :o

Cool of them to not offer a standard blu ray version.

Biggest ripoff in 10c merch history?? I say yes.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:
    CB1964 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

I have no real interest in that deluxe version based on the description. A regular version will be just fine for me.
    :shock:

to each his own
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    CB1964 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Where did they post this?
  • Options
    CB1964 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

Its in the description of each the bluray and dvd...
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    Its in the description of each the bluray and dvd...
    I was wondering where the announcement was posted but I just found it. Was worried there was someplace I wasn't watching.
  • Options
    But the description doesn't say that the same content wont be available somewhere else in a different box. I find it hard to believe that the only place to get all 3 bluray/dvds will be through the 10 club.
  • Options
    Typical hour and a half blu-ray movie is $30.... Think of this as 3 movies. $90 vs. $70 seems fine to me. Besides, this is pretty much an independent movie. Not from a major studio, so things are gonna be priced higher. Support your indy scene.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Typical hour and a half blu-ray movie is $30.... Think of this as 3 movies. $90 vs. $70 seems fine to me. Besides, this is pretty much an independent movie. Not from a major studio, so things are gonna be priced higher. Support your indy scene.

My issue isnt with the price. I just have a funny feeling that the same 3 blurays will be available on Amazon for 50. If 10 club is the only place to get that content, i have no problem with $75
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'm just wondering if Disc 2 is going to be Disc 1 with some small content changes...

And Disc 3... if its just interviews with fans... no thanks. I hope that it just has small fan interactions with tons of band footage. I don't want to pay a ton to watch fans go on and on about PJ - I can get that for free here. :lol:
  • Options
    Well.. I'm $75.00 more in the hole than i was 5 mins ago. Those four hours of extras better be worth it! Then had to go back in and renew the membership. Pj's making up for not touring the East Coast right now, thats for sure!! At least I'll be able to use the I'm Analog shirt as kindling when I cant afford oil to heat the house during the long cold winter. :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

I dunno where you shop, but most blurays I buy are $20-25, they come with dvd and ipod copies of the movie and have the theatrical and expanded versions of the film.
    This price is absurd, and to not offer a standalone bluray is stupid and borderline shady.

Sorry, but I don't really give a crap about watching a bunch of fans spooge all over PJ. The Euro montages from TB2K and the PJ20 recap have plenty of that for me. That one's worthless to me.

I highly doubt the 2 extra "movies" are gonna have the same production quality as the main feature.

As others have pointed out you can get the whole Star Wars box or the extended Lord of the Rings Trilogy for the same price and they have 3x the amount of discs and infinitely more production value than these PJ vids ever could.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i just bought the blueray dvd...and i dont have a blueray player :shock:

do you have playstation?

i bet you could cancel the order anyway.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821

thanks!

Its not a very good price...for what it is its expensive. But of course i'm still buying it!
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Do we know for a fact that this is a 10C exclusive? Honestly i hate to be negative towards them but if its not then i'm holding out...if Amazon has it it will be significantly cheaper and get to me weeks sooner.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:

says only on pearljam.com ?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Price is fine with me

Now I have incentive to buy a blu-ray player
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana