Options

PJ 20 Blu Ray ---YIKES

Comments

• Options
    IAMO wrote:
    Is it made out of gold?

I think it comes with a map to One Eyed Willie's treasure...

tumblr_krh7l4Tfid1qzbvcio1_400.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    NadesNades Posts: 158
    its probably made out of Panda
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Disc 2 has the full performance footage and Disc 3 is a separate documentary focusing on the relationship between the band and its fans.

Not sure what other info people are looking for.

If it wasn't exclusive to 10C, I would wait and buy elsewhere. Since it is exclusive, I have no choice. If that changes before the release, I'll cancel my order.

I know I'm looking for more info than just whether it's full performance footage and a possible 80-min fluff piece on interviews with fans. I want to know are the performances 100% uncut, what are the performances (are they the ones from the movie, other ones?), what other extras are included (you can fit about 240 mins at HD quality on one Blu Ray disc; there should be more than just "over 80 minutes" on Disc 3), does it come with extras such as posters, pins, etc. I just find it insulting that we are expected to cough up $60/70 on something with incredibly vague product details. No other band/movie/TV series does this when a DVD/Blu Ray is about to be released. It really is a slap in the face to the members of the club.

I agree..What does "full performance footage mean?" Is it just the full performances of the snippets we saw in the movie? Are there any other performances included? I don't think a track listing is too much to ask for considering the price they are asking. Same for Disc 3...is it just random fans talking about how much they love the band's music? I can get that for free here so that doesn't sound very exciting at all to be honest.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I pulled the trigger and ordered the Blu-Ray. Is it expensive?...Yes. Will it be worth the extra price?...We'll see. But I'm thinking there is a high probability that this will be the only Pearl Jam documentary of this kind that will ever be made...so I really want to own it so I can watch it whenever I want.

That said, I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see them create additional discs every 5-10 years that would capture/document their continuing legacy....

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Disc 2 has the full performance footage and Disc 3 is a separate documentary focusing on the relationship between the band and its fans.

Not sure what other info people are looking for.

If it wasn't exclusive to 10C, I would wait and buy elsewhere. Since it is exclusive, I have no choice. If that changes before the release, I'll cancel my order.

I know I'm looking for more info than just whether it's full performance footage and a possible 80-min fluff piece on interviews with fans. I want to know are the performances 100% uncut, what are the performances (are they the ones from the movie, other ones?), what other extras are included (you can fit about 240 mins at HD quality on one Blu Ray disc; there should be more than just "over 80 minutes" on Disc 3), does it come with extras such as posters, pins, etc. I just find it insulting that we are expected to cough up $60/70 on something with incredibly vague product details. No other band/movie/TV series does this when a DVD/Blu Ray is about to be released. It really is a slap in the face to the members of the club.

I agree..What does "full performance footage mean?" Is it just the full performances of the snippets we saw in the movie? Are there any other performances included? I don't think a track listing is too much to ask for considering the price they are asking. Same for Disc 3...is it just random fans talking about how much they love the band's music? I can get that for free here so that doesn't sound very exciting at all to be honest.

Exactly! :) And the ironic thing is that I (and many others I'm sure) woul'd be much more inclined to purchase it if I knew what was on it. At least then I could make an informed decision on it.
  • Options
    I just ordered it...so much for satiating temptations in a way that doesn't involve splurging large amounts of money. :(
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Quick question. Anyone else see this disappear from their CC statement? I ordered the bluray the day it came out and it appeared as a pending charge on my statement. I looked this morning and it is gone. Not a pending charge and not charged to my card. It is still in my order history though. Anyone have any ideas?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    This is a low blow, but I decided to have a little fun with Photoshop and the "Angry Ed" that is the talk of the town. It's just a joke.

PJ20DVD.jpg
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    This is a low blow, but I decided to have a little fun with Photoshop and the "Angry Ed" that is the talk of the town. It's just a joke.

PJ20DVD.jpg

Holy crap! Great photoshop skills! I love it. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:

I just realized I should have added "OLE!!" to the end of the caption bubble, but hindsight is 20/20.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    PJ88 wrote:

I just realized I should have added "OLE!!" to the end of the caption bubble, but hindsight is 20/20.

Theres still time. If you do I will edit your old picture out of my post if you want.
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:
    PJ88 wrote:

Theres still time. If you do I will edit your old picture out of my post if you want.

Nah, I'll live, don't feel like changing it, uploading the new version to Photobucket and all that.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,890
    Just curious...to all the people who think the price is too high (I do too but I bought it), did you buy Live on 10 Legs or the PJ20 Soundtrack?

I didnt buy either of those because I already have all of Live on 10 Legs and same goes for 90% of the Soundtrack. I also passed on the Vs/Vitalogy box for the same reason. I couldn't justify paying almost 2 bills for a notebook and some cool collectables.

However, the movie is something that I could justify overpaying for in my mind.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Just curious...to all the people who think the price is too high (I do too but I bought it), did you buy Live on 10 Legs or the PJ20 Soundtrack?

I didnt buy either of those because I already have all of Live on 10 Legs and same goes for 90% of the Soundtrack. I also passed on the Vs/Vitalogy box for the same reason. I couldn't justify paying almost 2 bills for a notebook and some cool collectables.

I didn't buy LO10L (I have all of it on bootlegs) but I did by the soundtrack (which I don't think I had any of) I didn't find the price all that high for a 2 CD set.
  • Options
    I didn't buy LO10L (I have all of it on bootlegs) but I did by the soundtrack (which I don't think I had any of) I didn't find the price all that high for a 2 CD set.

it wasn't just the cost, but the stuff didnt really excite me. a lot of the older stuff is poor quality and there is too much stuff that was already on official bootlegs. after listening to it, the only things that I thought were GREAT were the three 1995 tracks, the G2F (inst.) and Acoustic #1. If I'm not gonna listen to the whole thing straight through ever, even $10 isn't worth it.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:

No, hindsight is PJ20! :shock: :D;):lol:

RM
  • Options

it wasn't just the cost, but the stuff didnt really excite me. a lot of the older stuff is poor quality and there is too much stuff that was already on official bootlegs. after listening to it, the only things that I thought were GREAT were the three 1995 tracks, the G2F (inst.) and Acoustic #1. If I'm not gonna listen to the whole thing straight through ever, even $10 isn't worth it.

Well, I was impressed with some of it, not so much with some. And I was wrong, I do own some of the stuff on PJ20, all the tracks from the official bootleg era. But I don't have a lot of unofficial bootlegs or stuff like that, so I had none of the other stuff. I didn't even have the Monkeywrench Radio recording of DTE, which is currently my favorite track. I don't know, it's not my favorite thing I've ever bought, but I enjoy stuff like that to some extent. I've gotten my moneys worth out of my Beatles Anthologies, which is kind of the same thing. There's a good 11-12 tracks on PJ20 I'm happy to own, some of the stuff not so much.
  • Options
    But I don't have a lot of unofficial bootlegs or stuff like that, so I had none of the other stuff. I didn't even have the Monkeywrench Radio recording of DTE, which is currently my favorite track.

Woah! You should seek out the two Monkeywrench Radio sets. Some incredible performances, especially Indifference from the 1995 set.

There are some really incredible quality bootlegs from before 2000 too. I have just about everything that has been taped (that we know of) and I tend to prefer full shows to compilations, so I saved my $20.
  • Options
    But I don't have a lot of unofficial bootlegs or stuff like that, so I had none of the other stuff. I didn't even have the Monkeywrench Radio recording of DTE, which is currently my favorite track.

Woah! You should seek out the two Monkeywrench Radio sets. Some incredible performances, especially Indifference from the 1995 set.

There are some really incredible quality bootlegs from before 2000 too. I have just about everything that has been taped (that we know of) and I tend to prefer full shows to compilations, so I saved my $20.

Between you me and the lamppost I bought a few of those overpriced unofficial recordings back in the day, some I like some not so much. I saw a Monkeywrench Radio unofficial release in the store back around '98 or so, but it was too overpriced. I know it's floating around out there, and I'll probably check it out. I know they're all floating around out there for free download, but with so much of it I just stick to the official stuff for the most part.

I've checked out some of the unofficial recordings of old shows floating around, and I haven't spent too much time on them because they are usually hit or miss on quality, and I've just been holding out hope (like you) of the vault doors swinging all the way open. I downloaded Dallas '98 once because I was there and wanted a recording of it, but it was so bad that I didn't even keep it on my computer. Official bootlegs have spoiled me on sound quality that I can barely listen to an audience recording anymore. And that goes for some of the tracks on PJ20 that don't sound too good. There's one song, I forget which, you can hear more murmuring and what sounds like glassing clanking around than the actual band.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ88 wrote:
    PJ88 wrote:

That's great... "What you say, what you say to $60 3-DVD sets, what can you say but OLE!"
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    PJ20DVD-1.jpg

OK, fixed it. OLE!!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,897
    PJ20DVD-1.jpg

OK, fixed it. OLE!!!!

Okay this is hilarious.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

I did buy the soundtrack (since it was reasonably priced for 2 discs) but I didn't buy Live on 10 Legs or the Vs/Vitalogy super deluxe. Live on 10 Legs I could easily live without and I felt the price was outrageous for what was in the box set. Now, I see on Amazon.co.uk it's reduced down to like £20 so I guess plently of other people thought the same. I bought the deluxe Vs/Vitalogy (the one with just the albums and the Orpheum). I would have loved to have got the super deluxe since I have the Ten super deluxe but like yourself there was no way I justify the price of it. Way overpriced for a bunch of stuff I'll look at once, put in the box and it would probably gather dust.
    PJ20DVD-1.jpg

OK, fixed it. OLE!!!!

:D This is hilarious! You know what they say - it's funny cause it's true. Ole! :P
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    Ten Club, you know this will probably be the most sold item here of all time....why is it so expensive???

I think you just answered your own question! :lol:

They KNOW everyone wants one, so instead of selling it for $30-40 (what 99% of all other 3-disc sets on the market actually cost), they figured they'll double that price and pocket more money. As is so often said on this board, the band members have families to feed, you know. :roll:

Monkeywrench Records (PJ) was one of the financers/investors/producers of the Pearl Jam Twenty movie. They obviously had to spend money to get it made and distributed for all of one night, so they have to make the money back (plus a huge profit) on the DVD sales. Most of the new band documentaries are like that... Rush financed their own documentary, etc... I would bet Foo Fighters paid for theirs...

point taken....

this just isn't how this band has operated in the past...ticket prices, merch goods, all of which used to be priced reasonably have gone through the roof...my salary kinda has too (moreso compared to those days...)

I think i'm bitching because like so many of you, we know we will buy it. Just peeved off at the price. Plus, no competition to buy this bluray elsewhere....it's almost like pj has a monopoly on their stuff...

"if you hate something, don't you do it too", indeed.
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Do people realize that this film was not produced by 10c?
    This film was in theaters a week or less in most places.

All of these people should get paid, and production costs recovered.

Production Companies
    Tremolo Productions
    Vinyl Films

Distributors
    Abramorama (2011) (USA) (theatrical)
    Boid (2011) (Japan) (theatrical)
    Culture-Ville (2011) (Japan) (theatrical)
    Films We Like (2011) (Canada) (theatrical)
    Golden Village Pictures (2011) (Singapore) (theatrical)
    Echo Bridge Entertainment (2011) (Non-USA) (TV)
    Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais (2011) (Portugal) (all media)

Other Companies
    Carroll, Guido & Groffman legal services
    Curtis Talent Management band management
    Dean Chealey additional legal
    Donaldson & Callif additional legal
    Elliot J. Groffman, Esq. legal services
    Flood, Bumstead, McCready, McCarthy production accounting
    Lightpress post-production
    Old School Cameras archive
    Paul S. Gutman, Esq. legal services
    Skotstudio photo montage and credits
    Stokes Lawrence, P.S. additional legal
    Vandenberg Communications band publicity
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    Better Dan wrote:

I assume the track list is full videos of the soundtrack. Although, now that I think about it, what are they going to show during the demo stuff on disc 2?

-disc 1
    1. Release (Arena Di Verona - Verona, Italy 9/16/2006)
    2. Alive (Mookie Blaylock - The Moore Theatre - Seattle, WA 12/22/1990)
    3. Garden (Albani Bar Of Music - Winterthur, Zurich, Switzerland 2/19/1992)
    4. Why Go (Markthalle - Hamburg, Germany 3/10/1992)
    5. Black (Kaufman Astoria Studios - MTV Unplugged - New York, NY 3/16/1992)
    6. Blood (Mt. Smart Stadium - Auckland, New Zealand 3/25/1995)
    7. Last Exit (Taipei International Convention Center - Taipei, Taiwan 2/24/1995)
    8. Not For You (Folk Arts Theater - Manila, Philippines 2/26/1995)
    9. Do The Evolution (Monkeywrench Radio - Seattle, WA 1/31/1998)
    10. Thumbing My Way (Chop Suey, Seattle, WA 9/6/2002)
    11. Crown Of Thorns (10th Anniversary Show - MGM Grand - Las Vegas, NV 10/22/2000)

-disc2
    1. Say Hello 2 Heaven (Temple Of The Dog Demo 1990)
    2. Times Of Trouble (Demo 1990)
    3. Acoustic #1 (Demo 1991)
    4. It Ain't Like That (Demo 1990)
    5. Need To Know (Matt Cameron Demo 2007)
    6. Be Like Wind (Mike McCready Score 2010)
    7. Given To Fly (Mike McCready Acoustic Instrumental 7/29/2010)
    8. Nothing As It Seems (Jeff Ament Montana Demo 1999)
    9. Nothing As It Seems (Key Arena, Seattle, WA 10/22/2001)
    10. Indifference (Pala Malaguti - Bologna, Italy 9/14/2006)
    11. Of The Girl (Instrumental 2000)
    12. Faithfull (Duomo Square - Pistoia, Italy - Soundcheck 9/20/2006)
    13. Bu$hleaguer (Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale, NY 4/30/2003)
    14. Better Man (Madison Square Garden - New York, NY 5/21/2010)
    15. Rearviewmirror (Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA 10/01/2009)
    12. Let Me Sleep (It's Christmas Time) (Arena Di Verona Steps - Verona, Italy 9/16/2006)
    13. Walk With Me (Bridge School - Shoreline Amphitheatre - Mountain View, CA 10/23/2010)
    14. Just Breathe (30 Rock, Studio 8H - Saturday Night Live - New York, NY 3/13/2010)
  • Options
    PJ20DVD-1.jpg

OK, fixed it. OLE!!!!

Whaddya say when PJ charges 70 for a Blu Ray?
    Whaddya say?
    Ole!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    edited September 2011
    Do people realize that this film was not produced by 10c?
    This film was in theaters a week or less in most places.

All of these people should get paid, and production costs recovered.

Production Companies
    Tremolo Productions
    Vinyl Films

Distributors
    Abramorama (2011) (USA) (theatrical)
    Boid (2011) (Japan) (theatrical)
    Culture-Ville (2011) (Japan) (theatrical)
    Films We Like (2011) (Canada) (theatrical)
    Golden Village Pictures (2011) (Singapore) (theatrical)
    Echo Bridge Entertainment (2011) (Non-USA) (TV)
    Zon Lusomundo Audiovisuais (2011) (Portugal) (all media)

Other Companies
    Carroll, Guido & Groffman legal services
    Curtis Talent Management band management
    Dean Chealey additional legal
    Donaldson & Callif additional legal
    Elliot J. Groffman, Esq. legal services
    Flood, Bumstead, McCready, McCarthy production accounting
    Lightpress post-production
    Old School Cameras archive
    Paul S. Gutman, Esq. legal services
    Skotstudio photo montage and credits
    Stokes Lawrence, P.S. additional legal
    Vandenberg Communications band publicity

Who do you think has more people to pay? Everyone involved with the PJ Blu-ray(3 disks in 1080p with 4 hours of extras) for $69.99 or the people involved with making the Star Wars Complete Saga Blu-ray set(9 disks all in 1080p 40 hours of extras) for $79.99
    Post edited by RedMosquito22 on
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    prices are high
    no question about it
    its not even debatable

I dont know why I just bought the $60 DVD set.
  • Options
    Not sure if this really gives any more information than we already have, but here's a couple bits from other websites...

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/09/p ... r-october/

The alternate version, or The Kids Are Twenty version, was Crowe’s original vision for the film. Speaking earlier this month with Rolling Stone, he explained that “we were just going to do an archival study of them – a real straight [The Who's] Kids Are Alright kind of account of all the stuff that was in the vaults that had never been released. ”

“We got halfway through. We actually have a version of the movie that’s like that, which will come out on the DVD, called The Kids Are 20 – it’s the movie with just performance and very little talk. But about halfway through, we were saying, ‘You know, it would be really great to go in there now and talk to the guys about all this stuff. But let’s talk to them in their houses, where they’re most personally comfortable, and ask them conversational questions. Let’s get them as guys on film.’ So that’s what we did.”

And

http://www.theuncool.com/2011/09/23/fir ... d-blu-ray/

Disc 2: The Kids Are Twenty Version of the Film (along with bonus footage) (This is the complete concert footage shown in the film that Cameron has mentioned in interviews recently)