Steak and Ketchup

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,800
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs.

and some heat, right?
    medium rare is the way to go in my book. Keep it simple.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs.

and some heat, right?
    medium rare is the way to go in my book. Keep it simple.

:thumbup:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs and some ketchup.

fixed
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs and some ketchup on the fries the little ones get with their burger.

fixed
    refixed
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs and some ketchup on the fries the little ones get with their burger.

fixed
    refixed

I pesonally love the way the steak blends with the sweetness of ketchup. Just pure awesomeness for me. It's like an orgy in my mouth. Not a better food combo ever for me. On one NY strip I probably kill about a half bottle of ketchup. So awesome. And now I'm craving steak. :fp:
    to drown a steak with too much of anything , I dont see how you would get to taste the flavor of the meat?

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mickeyrat wrote:
    to drown a steak with too much of anything , I dont see how you would get to taste the flavor of the meat?
    Yeah, half a bottle? WTF?
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Yeah, half a bottle? WTF?

Love it. :mrgreen:
    Makes me green in the face too.....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUjyuWO-2aQ5QOF3w8bWK6kLdQE-QvdM1Nlcz5uj90soPm3kmp
    #FHP
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    When i was younger I used to put ketchup on just about everything,steak, chicken, turkey , hamburgers, hot dogs. I even tried it on spaghetti a few times :? not as bad as it sounds. Although I never tried it on eggs :think:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Not sure if all of the steak elitists realize that a steak in a restaurant is almost always seasoned before cooking and usually after. Once that's done, eaters will then put mushrooms, onions, steak sauce, salt, pepper, maybe even the house blend of spices on it some more, etc...but I'm the weird one for putting ketchup. :fp: :lol: It's all perception.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Although I never tried it on eggs :think:

that's the best......scrambled of course
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    Not sure if all of the steak elitists realize that a steak in a restaurant is almost always seasoned before cooking and usually after. Once that's done, eaters will then put mushrooms, onions, steak sauce, salt, pepper, maybe even the house blend of spices on it some more, etc...but I'm the weird one for putting ketchup. :fp: :lol: It's all perception.

and they also cook em in the oven. :fp:

it's why i eat 90% of my steaks at home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I made steaks the other night - NY strips in an iron skillet. Only used salt and pepper and a little oil in the pan. they came out perfect.
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

and they also cook em in the oven. :fp:

it's why i eat 90% of my steaks at home.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. Anyone who eats steak when they're out and even if you don't add anything to it at the table...if you think that beef wasn't already seasoned you're kidding yourself. :lol:
    of course it was seasoned....just not with catsup. ....that's called meatloaf
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

And that is the hypocrisy of it all when you really think about it. Enough people tell you something is "taboo"...people start believing it. It's ok to put salt and pepper...steak sauce...seasoning...anything on a steak...but stay away from the ketchup. Makes perfect sense. :-? :roll: :fp: :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :lol: just talking about this last night but made a pot pie instead
    of our nice dinner

tonight there will steak and there will be steak fries and ketchup on the plate too ...
    it will be a first for me
    but I'm gonna let the ketchup see the steak at least one ;)
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

And that is the hypocrisy of it all when you really think about it. Enough people tell you something is "taboo"...people start believing it. It's ok to put salt and pepper...steak sauce...seasoning...anything on a steak...but stay away from the ketchup. Makes perfect sense. :-? :roll: :fp: :lol:
    The problem with the validity of your argument is that ketchup is a sauce not a seasoning. So comparing it to steak sauce is the only hypocrisy. My kids always used to use ketchup on thier steak, now only my daughter does. One time years ago my son was putting ketchup on his primerib and my step-father criticized him for it as he dipped his in horseradish, now that's hypocrisy.

I have no problem with you enjoying some ketchup on your steak but half a bottle makes it sound like you don't like steak.
    #FHP
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    At the end of the day, everyone's palette is different! I put steak sauce on baked potatoes because I think it's frakking delicious...everyone has their thing. DS is the one eating the steak with ketchup, you don't like it, don't do it! That's all I'm saying.

Elitist pigs.

:lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    At the end of the day, everyone's palette is different! I put steak sauce on baked potatoes because I think it's frakking delicious...everyone has their thing. DS is the one eating the steak with ketchup, you don't like it, don't do it! That's all I'm saying.

Elitist pigs.

:lol:
    oink oink. :mrgreen:

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Don't ketchup the steak and we won't have a problem.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    To each their own. Just don't put ketchup on my steak please.

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
    Horos wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

The problem with the validity of your argument is that ketchup is a sauce not a seasoning. So comparing it to steak sauce is the only hypocrisy. My kids always used to use ketchup on thier steak, now only my daughter does. One time years ago my son was putting ketchup on his primerib and my step-father criticized him for it as he dipped his in horseradish, now that's hypocrisy.

I have no problem with you enjoying some ketchup on your steak but half a bottle makes it sound like you don't like steak.

So like I said before...seasoning is ok right? But ketchup is not? :? Where is this written down that this is ok? Am I missing the manual somewhere? And ketchup isn't a seasoning? Here's the definition of seasoning.

1.Salt, herbs, or spices added to food to enhance the flavor.
    Sounds like ketchup to me when you look at the ingredients on the bottle. :lol: :fp:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    51457NZ07SL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-10,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

2 Days, let them sit and low broil for 20 min turning every 3 to 4.

Perfect! :ugeek:
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    DS1119 wrote:
    So like I said before...seasoning is ok right? But ketchup is not? :? Where is this written down that this is ok? Am I missing the manual somewhere? And ketchup isn't a seasoning? Here's the definition of seasoning.

Sounds like ketchup to me when you look at the ingredients on the bottle. :lol: :fp:

tomatoes <> salt, herb or spice.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

tomatoes <> salt, herb or spice.

Whats in ketchup? :lol: :fp:

And I still waiting for someone to furnish the official rulebook of what should or shouldn't be put on steak. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    And I still waiting for someone to furnish the official rulebook of what should or shouldn't be put on steak. :lol:

next time i'm at the store, i'll pick up a copy for you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

next time i'm at the store, i'll pick up a copy for you.

Please do. I think it's right next to the section about #mandals. :lol:
  • Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011