Steak and Ketchup

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    next time they are on their snobby steak soap box, tell them that gravy on fried cats is might tasty :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    iluvcats wrote:
    gravy on fried cats is might tasty :)

Wow...you are from the south! :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,800
    DS1119 wrote:
    I only eat my steak with ketchup. I usually get a lot of weird looks at restaurants. Is this really that weird?
    what a waste of good steak AND ketchup.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I only eat my steak with ketchup. I usually get a lot of weird looks at restaurants. Is this really that weird?
    what a waste of good steak AND ketchup.

Not if they are together in my book! :lol:
  • I havent read the whole thred but I eat my bacon dipped in ketchup

yum
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • I prefer Heinz 57 with my steak.

I get weird looks when I eat beer battered fish with ketchup & vinegar rather than tartar sauce.

I also get weird looks when I ask for jam when I order French toast. No maple syrup for me!

My family puts peanut butter on our BLT's. My brother puts PB on his hotdogs and hamburgers.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I get weird looks when I eat beer battered fish with ketchup & vinegar rather than tartar sauce.

I also get weird looks when I ask for jam when I order French toast. No maple syrup for me!

My family puts peanut butter on our BLT's. My brother puts PB on his hotdogs and hamburgers.

Jam on french toast sounds amazing, but I'd add some Karo on top

Peanut butter on a blt sounds mighty tasty too.

My brother always put pb on waffles. The wife and I did a french toast pb&j with bacon. It was awesome for a few bites, but got a little rich for me.
    I havent read the whole thred but I eat my bacon dipped in ketchup

yum

Bacon and ketchup...I haven't tried that but it sounds awesome!!! I can't wait for Sunday breakfast!! :thumbup:
  • DS1119 wrote:

yum

Bacon and ketchup...I haven't tried that but it sounds awesome!!! I can't wait for Sunday breakfast!! :thumbup:

I don't really like bacon, but when I do eat it, it's usually with either ketchup or PB.
  • DewieCox wrote:

Jam on french toast sounds amazing, but I'd add some Karo on top

Peanut butter on a blt sounds mighty tasty too.

My brother always put pb on waffles. The wife and I did a french toast pb&j with bacon. It was awesome for a few bites, but got a little rich for me.

French Toast and jam is absolutely delightful.

My friends always tease me about it. It's toast, so of course, you should have jam (or PB in the case of my brother and uncle) on it. They're the weirdos for putting maple syrup on it. :)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493

yum
    i like to dip bacon in maple syrup when i have pancakes or waffles
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    DS1119 wrote:

yum

In college I used to make bacon sandwiches....bacon on toast with butter and ketchup, learned it from my father. My roommate dubbed them BBK's as opposed to BLT's. Heart attack on toast may be more apropos, but quite tasty...haven't had one in a long time...might be time to fire one up and freak out the wife.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • place in new orleans has a peanut butter bacon cheeseburger

i was too drunk to know if it was good or not :)
  • Only thing I put on steak is salt!

(I was a vegetarian for 6 years so I really missed the taste of meat :P )
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
    Only thing I put on steak is salt!

(I was a vegetarian for 6 years so I really missed the taste of meat :P )

Welcome back to the meat lover's side! :thumbup:
    edited September 2011
    Some of the food combos listed in this thread make me realize that steak and ketchup isn't really that weird! :lol:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    i ate steak with ketchup when i was a kid. now i only use A1 if it's not a very good steak.

i do put ketchup on macaroni and cheese though.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    DS1119 wrote:
    Some of the food combos listed in this thread make me realize that steak and ketchup isn't really that weird! :lol:
    Don't kid yourself...its weird. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Don't kid yourself...its weird. :mrgreen:

Thanks! :lol:
    i went to Outback the other day and ordered a ribeye, when the waiter brought it out he said 'i'lll be right back with ketchup' :x

i said 'i don't need ketchup'

he looked at me like i head 3 heads and said 'really?? are you sure?' :roll:
    conman wrote:
    i went to Outback the other day and ordered a ribeye, when the waiter brought it out he said 'i'lll be right back with ketchup' :x

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your post made me spit on myself...not kidding. :lol::lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    conman wrote:

Well it was the outback...did you have a fosters
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:

Well it was the outback...did you have a fosters
    no, i'm not a big fan of fosters, i had sam's octoberfest
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    I have a student who asked me the other day if I ate ketchup on my mashed potatoes. Her argument was they were just like french fries-- I guess in her eyes, technically, you could argue steak is just like hamburger.
    I have a student who asked me the other day if I ate ketchup on my mashed potatoes. Her argument was they were just like french fries-- I guess in her eyes, technically, you could argue steak is just like hamburger.

Ketchup on mashed potatoes is pretty good actually. I prefer them plain but if a little ketchup from my steak creaps over I'm not upset. :thumbup:
  • I have a student who asked me the other day if I ate ketchup on my mashed potatoes. Her argument was they were just like french fries-- I guess in her eyes, technically, you could argue steak is just like hamburger.

She's wrong on so many levels

Ketchup on steak is weird.

Plain or with steak sauce is the only true way to eat it
  • brother123 wrote:

Ketchup on steak is weird.

Amen-Brother.jpg
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

brother123 wrote:

This statement always gets me. I get made fun of for putting ketchup on steak by the guy who smothers it in A1? :lol: What the fuck is the difference??? :fp: :lol:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,800
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Little bit of salt and some pepper is the only thing a good steak needs.

and some heat, right?