Steak and Ketchup

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Poncier wrote:
    Back on point...(far be it for me to stray), I went to college with a guy who put ketchup on basically everything. And I mean everything....he would put it on chicken, mashed potatoes, can't recall a meal where he didn't put ketchup on whatever he was eating...and one night the dining hall served roast pork and he had the audacity to tell me I was weird for putting pepper on pork.

I couldn't put ketchup on chicken...that's beacuse I put yellow mustard on that. :-?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    Poncier wrote:
    Back on point...(far be it for me to stray), I went to college with a guy who put ketchup on basically everything. And I mean everything....he would put it on chicken, mashed potatoes, can't recall a meal where he didn't put ketchup on whatever he was eating...and one night the dining hall served roast pork and he had the audacity to tell me I was weird for putting pepper on pork.

Did you slap him with your ascot?
    The little donkey's bed?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Oh good. I thought you were calling ME a hypocrite, lol. As far as I'm concerned you can dunk your steak in pickle juice if that's what you like!!

Stone Gossard would never let me get away with calling you names. :lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    Lizard wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    that's how he got his vegetables.
    Ahh the Reagan era...
    This weekend we rock Portland

• Oh good. I thought you were calling ME a hypocrite, lol. As far as I'm concerned you can dunk your steak in pickle juice if that's what you like!!

How about your pickle in steak juice?

Now that's just ridiculous!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ketchup-macarons.jpg

i had to share this picture of ketchup macarons with you :sick:

on steak... for me,,, "lea & perrins" worcestershire sauce comes to mind.
    lea-and-perrins1-219x300.jpg
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    we used ketchup on steak when we were kids cause it was chewy chuck steak
    with not a lot of flavor or juice ... pretty awful... ketchup helped
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I only eat my steak with ketchup. I usually get a lot of weird looks at restaurants. Is this really that weird?

Sounds chuffin' lovely mmm!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • *barfs in mouth at just the thought
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    :lol: I love that this thread is 5 pages long! I prefer condiments with my food, but I've never tried ketchup on steak. Now ketchup on pork chops, yessir!

I think your fiance did you a huge favor by not letting you use it in front of the big wigs. You owe her one!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    :lol: I love that this thread is 5 pages long! I prefer condiments with my food, but I've never tried ketchup on steak. Now ketchup on pork chops, yessir!

I think your fiance did you a huge favor by not letting you use it in front of the big wigs. You owe her one!

Ketchup on pork chops...never thought of that? I'm going to give that a shot. :thumbup:
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    I have never in my entire life had a steak without ketchup....
    true story....
  • Don't like Ketchup or Steak Sauce with steak.

If the Steak is dry and overcooked I'll use a little BBQ sauce.

A good steak only needs either dry seasonings or a nice Marinade.

Although I do only eat hard shell beef tacos with ketchup . . . soft shelled tacos get hot sauce.
    NERDS!
  • When me and my wife first started dating, the first time we went somewhere to get steak we both put ketchup on it. The funny part though is that she immediately tells me that her dad had told her years earlier that if she was ever out on a date and put ketchup on her steak, that the guy would think she was nuts and never go out with her again. :lol:

While her dad was obviously being a bit over-dramatic, it was still fun to have her tell him the story and that I liked ketchup on my steak as well.

However, we have both been known to mix ketchup and A-1 from time to time.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    When me and my wife first started dating, the first time we went somewhere to get steak we both put ketchup on it. The funny part though is that she immediately tells me that her dad had told her years earlier that if she was ever out on a date and put ketchup on her steak, that the guy would think she was nuts and never go out with her again. :lol:

While her dad was obviously being a bit over-dramatic, it was still fun to have her tell him the story and that I liked ketchup on my steak as well.

Your poor child :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    MAS wrote:
    I have never in my entire life had a steak without ketchup....
    true story....

My brother from another mother!! :lol:
    When me and my wife first started dating, the first time we went somewhere to get steak we both put ketchup on it. The funny part though is that she immediately tells me that her dad had told her years earlier that if she was ever out on a date and put ketchup on her steak, that the guy would think she was nuts and never go out with her again. :lol:

Oh my God!! All the steak and ketchup freaks are finally coming out!! :wave: :clap:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm off to have steak...

tuna steak.

Raw, hold the ketchup.

:lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm off to have steak...

tuna steak.

Raw, hold the ketchup.

Don't hate on the ketchup until you try it. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm off to have steak...

tuna steak.

Raw, hold the ketchup.

never said I hated ketchup...

when I was a kid, I would put ketchup on everything...

and nowadays I put ketchup on....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwR1-u9avPKFVyA3TwrymjkBciCAfqmGgIVBM_3ufUXf9ymM2tIQ

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

along with grilled onions and cream cheese...its a 'Seattle thing'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Ketchup on a steak????
    Fucking ridiculous...

Ketchup on a hot dog???
    Thats a fucking sin in Chicago.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Ketchup on a hot dog???

I know that! did you see me put ketchup on my dog at Alpine?

I think not!

My dog was naked. 8-)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I'm off to have steak...

tuna steak.

Raw, hold the ketchup.

never said I hated ketchup...

when I was a kid, I would put ketchup on everything...

and nowadays I put ketchup on....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwR1-u9avPKFVyA3TwrymjkBciCAfqmGgIVBM_3ufUXf9ymM2tIQ

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

along with grilled onions and cream cheese...its a 'Seattle thing'

:clap::lol:
    Ketchup on a steak????
    Fucking ridiculous...

Ketchup on a hot dog???

If you had a little more ketchup at Alpine Valley on night 1 I bet the sound would have been better for you. I'm just saying... :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :wave:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Ketchup on a steak????
    Fucking ridiculous...

Ketchup on a hot dog???

If you had a little more ketchup at Alpine Valley on night 1 I bet the sound would have been better for you. I'm just saying... :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :wave:
    I am no longer discussing Alpine Valley...
    The words "Alpine Valley" will never again leave my keyboard.....

Fuck Alpine Valley.....

hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    DS1119 wrote:
    Ketchup on a steak????
    Fucking ridiculous...

Ketchup on a hot dog???

I am no longer discussing Alpine Valley...
    The words "Alpine Valley" will never again leave my keyboard.....

Fuck Alpine Valley.....

hehehehe

• Ketchup on a hot dog???

It's like Michael Wilbon once said, "Never trust a man who puts ketchup on a hot dog".

Here are the acceptable condiments:

Mustard
    Relish (or maybe pickle)
    Sauerkraut
    Onion
    Jalepeno
    Chili (with onion and cheese)

t's just a matter of taste though, and often regional. I saw on Food Network that in South America, or parts of it, a hot dog is often covered in coleslaw and crumbled up potato chips. The idea of ketchup on a hot dog makes me cringe though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    It's very normal here to put sauce on your steak. I always use BBQ sauce....but heaps of people I know use tomato sauce.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I take my steak plain.

My son on the other hand enjoys ketchup on nearly everything. We were having prime-rib at my mothers and he asked for the ketchup and my step-father harrassed him about it and then turned around and put horseradish on his. Like others have said it's about personal taste.

There are no 'right' and 'wrong' condiment choices.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    I take my steak plain.

My son on the other hand enjoys ketchup on nearly everything. We were having prime-rib at my mothers and he asked for the ketchup and my step-father harrassed him about it and then turned around and put horseradish on his. Like others have said it's about personal taste.

There are no 'right' and 'wrong' condiment choices.

:lol: That's what I'm talking about. I usually get harrassed by people about it and then they turn around and put something else on their meat. :lol: It's led to some very interesting conversations before. :lol: