Steak and Ketchup

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    However you like it.
    But-putting ketchup on a prime steak cooked medium well constitutes two crimes against the steak IMHO.

Luger's sauce is the way to go if you must have a condiment-it actually goes great with hash browns.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    More like Inappropriate Condiments Anonymous

i bet he puts catsup on hotdogs :lol:

Ketchup and mustard actually.
    I knew a girl who would put mayonnaise on hot dogs...true story...talk about icky.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Get_Right wrote:
    However you like it.
    But-putting ketchup on a prime steak cooked medium well constitutes two crimes against the steak IMHO.
    100% correct
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    More like Inappropriate Condiments Anonymous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM
  • Poncier wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I knew a girl who would put mayonnaise on hot dogs...true story...talk about icky.

:shock:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    some people dip their fries in mayo.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Lizard wrote:
    some people dip their fries in mayo.
    some epople mix kethup and mayo together and dip their fries in it
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I guess I just never understood people making comments about me putting ketchup on a steak at the same time they are pouring steak sauce on theirs. Little hypocritical but by the comments I have read here I guess I really am a wacko.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I guess I just never understood people making comments about me putting ketchup on a steak at the same time they are pouring steak sauce on theirs. Little hypocritical but by the comments I have read here I guess I really am a wacko.

i don't use steak sauce
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• DS1119 wrote:

Hmmm...I'm the only one who mentioned steak sauce. :?

Stone Gossard invented steak sauce! :mrgreen:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    DS1119 wrote:
    at restaurants.

that's your 3rd issue...

the best steaks are cooked at home on teh grill.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    but by the comments I have read here I guess I really am a wacko.
    You needed this thread for confirmation of that?? :mrgreen:
  • DS1119 wrote:

Not the Scots? Color me corrected...
    Poncier wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

i pretty much came to that conclusion after the toothbrush thead.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

i pretty much came to that conclusion after the toothbrush thead.
    Taint it the truth.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol: No. I've had this discussion with numerous people before and most were putting steak sauce on. The only time I had a steak without ketchup was at a Toyota function at the Museum of Natural History. A bunch of higher up stodgy fuckers were there (type of people I like fucking with) and I had a decent buzz tied on. They served my filet and I remember my fiance pinching me so hard under the table because I so wanted to ask the waiter for ketchup. She kept telling me it would look trashy. :roll:
  • My view of ketchup is that it does not belong on steak. Ketchup is for fries, hamburgers if that suits you, but it is not worthy of a delicious steak. That said, my lady uses ketchup which irritates the shit out of me because I too subscribe to the belief that a good steak needs nothing on it aside from the proper rub or marinade. I fix steaks that in no way need a condiment and then she covers it up with friggin Heinz. :twisted: :lol:

My mom used to put ketchup on peas. I know a dude who mixes ranch dressing and ketchup for his fries.
    Some folks do some weird shit with their food but it's their own business I suppose. That still doesn't make it right though :lol:

Oh and I do on occasion like some A1 bold and spicy on my slab of meat but normally not.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Poncier wrote:
    Taint it the truth.

:lol:

well done.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol: No. I've had this discussion with numerous people before and most were putting steak sauce on. The only time I had a steak without ketchup was at a Toyota function at the Museum of Natural History. A bunch of higher up stodgy fuckers were there (type of people I like fucking with) and I had a decent buzz tied on. They served my filet and I remember my fiance pinching me so hard under the table because I so wanted to ask the waiter for ketchup. She kept telling me it would look trashy. :roll:

Oh good. I thought you were calling ME a hypocrite, lol. As far as I'm concerned you can dunk your steak in pickle juice if that's what you like!!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • 81 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Taint it the truth.

well done.

Medium
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    If you put ketchup on your steak, the terrorists have won
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Taint it the truth.

well done.

Medium

BinFrog wrote:

1233495358_appl3456.gif

• Oh good. I thought you were calling ME a hypocrite, lol. As far as I'm concerned you can dunk your steak in pickle juice if that's what you like!!

How about your pickle in steak juice?
    Back on point...(far be it for me to stray), I went to college with a guy who put ketchup on basically everything. And I mean everything....he would put it on chicken, mashed potatoes, can't recall a meal where he didn't put ketchup on whatever he was eating...and one night the dining hall served roast pork and he had the audacity to tell me I was weird for putting pepper on pork.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Poncier wrote:
    Back on point...(far be it for me to stray), I went to college with a guy who put ketchup on basically everything. And I mean everything....he would put it on chicken, mashed potatoes, can't recall a meal where he didn't put ketchup on whatever he was eating...and one night the dining hall served roast pork and he had the audacity to tell me I was weird for putting pepper on pork.

back in college, ketchup was our only savior from the "food" served in the dining hall :sick:

mmmm...tater tots
  • Poncier wrote:

Did you slap him with your ascot?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Poncier wrote:
    that's how he got his vegetables.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me