What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I learned:

PJ fans have fantastic memories - on at least 3 separate occasions some total stranger would walk up to me and be like, "Hey, weren't you at the Chicago shows 2 years ago?" :shock: I was impressed.
    Always bring hand sanitizer when you go camping. :?
    Sleeping on the ground for 3 days actually made my neck feel better.
    The only good cell phone charging station at Alpine is a wall outlet in the Expo center. :lol:
    PJ fans certainly are generous...I was amazed at the amount of stuff people donated at the preparty and the amount of raffle tickets that were flying out of there...who knows how much got raised for charity, or how much that bar made in sales over the course of the evening!
    PJ fans are also one gigantic family...all weekend I was just chatting with total strangers from all over the world, we shared food and stories, we would see a person with a PJ shirt at the campground and just wave...it was awesome.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • I learned that I should never ever attend a concert without Sheila0225 or daneski70 again.

RKCNDY is adorable and unlost dogs is just as funny in real life!

I should spend more time at the tailgate and less time listening to the opening bands :roll:

Dimi really does exist! :shock:

There should be a destination weekend every month...or every year at least.

It can be pouring rain and I can still have the time of my life.

There are tons of you that I still need to meet. Get your asses to Philly!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I learned that I should never ever attend a concert without Sheila0225 or daneski70 again.

I should spend more time at the tailgate and less time listening to the opening bands :roll:

did I meet you?!?
  • -I can still drink like I'm in college- back to back 12 hour benders

-I cannot recover from these back to back 12 hour benders like I used to- I'm finally starting to feel human again today

-PJ fans are the fucking best! Met so many cool people from all over the world.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I learned that I should never ever attend a concert without Sheila0225 or daneski70 again.

did I meet you?!?

I don't think so. I was at the tailgate for a bit on Saturday in the purple raincoat...and on Sunday for a while too. Did I meet you? :lol:

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

did I meet you?!?

I don't think so. I was at the tailgate for a bit on Saturday in the purple raincoat...and on Sunday for a while too. Did I meet you? :lol:

I think I introduced you guys...:lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

did I meet you?!?

Not sure, but if I did I feel bad that I don't remember, and if I didn't I feel bad that I didn't. I was at the tailgate a lot on Saturday.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Not sure, but if I did I feel bad that I don't remember, and if I didn't I feel bad that I didn't. I was at the tailgate a lot on Saturday.
    I really regret not spending more time at the tailgate. We need a do-over because I keep realizing how many people I didn't meet! :(

rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I really regret not spending more time at the tailgate. We need a do-over because I keep realizing how many people I didn't meet! :(

I agree!!
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    I think I introduced you guys...:lol:
    You did? :lol: It's possible I was just a teensy bit intoxicate at that point :lol:

• sheila0225 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I agree!!
    I blame Tim :twisted: :lol:

• rick1zoo2 wrote:

I'm the opposite. I slightly regret not going in earlier on Saturday, but I can't say no to awesome tailgating :mrgreen:
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

I'm the opposite. I slightly regret not going in earlier on Saturday, but I can't say no to awesome tailgating :mrgreen:
    We should have switched places :lol: I wish I had spent one of the days tailgating longer at least.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I learned that I met London Bridge for only 2 milliseconds...unlost introduced him as: "this is London Bridge, he does not live n London nor does he own a bridge!" and then LB said "shhh! you're gonna blow my cover!" then promptly ran away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

I learned that I met London Bridge for only 2 milliseconds...unlost introduced him as: "this is London Bridge, he does not live n London nor does he own a bridge!" and then LB said "shhh! you're gonna blow my cover!" then promptly ran away.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Next time I should have a longer conversation with RKCNDY :)

Love the hat ;)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I learned some people could have decent cell phone service there. THANKS GARY!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I learned that somethings are better left unsaid ..
    That there are 1,000000,0000000,00000 different types of bratwarst or sausages as i know them ...
    That people still get all weirded out at preparty's ...

I did notice your toes just didn't think it was apropriate to mention them with MR ROCKCANDY sitting there ...
    that people like walking in Cow shit just wearing flip flops ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

I liked it better barefoot. I kept sliding around in my flip flops.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    I learned that somethings are better left unsaid ..
    That there are 1,000000,0000000,00000 different types of bratwarst or sausages as i know them ...

I did notice your toes just didn't think it was apropriate to mention them with MR ROCKCANDY sitting there ...

81 mentioned it at the tailgate, "damn lookit those toes!" and everybody laughed. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    to take the stairs down the hill from the 10club tent. i busted it good.
    megatron wrote:

you were the one that brought the fence down? :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    megatron wrote:

stairs were brutal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I learned that my initial thoughts of regretting the shit out of not going were indeed correct :cry:
    so fucking sad I missed this epic weekend
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • But in the same breath, I'm really thrilled to hear that all of you had such a good time :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I think it's accurate to say I learned a fair amount this weekend.

1. I learned that ryeZupSF took her name from whiskey, not from rye bread. (I am a big fan of rye bread.)
    2. My friends taught me many new things. These things clarified for me why certain threads were locked.
    3. Piggly Wiggly stores sell t-shirts, and they are fine t-shirts indeed
    4. If you put enough PJ fans under a 10x10 canopy in the rain, someone's gonna end up with a shot of alcohol-infused whipped cream on their face
    5. People are naturally interested in women who carry teddy bears around a concert venue
    6. No matter how much the band puts their heart and soul into a performance, someone will bitch
    7. I can drink many beers throughout the day, but I will stop in time to assure I am completely lucid and in control when the boys step onto the stage, and I will not ever _ EVER _ need a pee break
    8. The average height of female PJ 10C members is 5'2"
    9. It's a great feeling to roam around a strange place and hear, "Hey! Unlost!" And it will make me :D every time
    10. A Facebook account might not be such a bad idea after all. :shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

I was one of those people...and now my feet are so unbelievable soft! A little manure is great for the skin! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    afroannnie wrote:

I was one of those people...and now my feet are so unbelievable soft! A little manure is great for the skin! :D

The drunks who passed out face down must be glowing like a baby's ass today.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I learned that somethings are better left unsaid ..

81 mentioned it at the tailgate, "damn lookit those toes!" and everybody laughed. :lol:

you had blue nail polish on....any other color i wouldn't have said a word. :P

i don't believe there is anything wrong with commenting on toes with a SO is in the area.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg